Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 May 2021 - 05:22 PM)

God, it's such a pain to have a local email address shut down. So many accounts to update...

@  Bass X0 : (10 May 2021 - 04:43 PM)

"Let's make a bargain, shall we? You ask Primus for help and I'll stop the moment He shows up."

@  tigerhawk : (10 May 2021 - 02:56 AM)

The 1988 G1 line up could all have been done as Titan Master things, I figure the Pretenders could be done as Titan Master Drones and Prime Master shells.

@  Cyoti : (08 May 2021 - 11:14 AM)

Perfect is the enemy of the good. And it's still better than making him a remold of RTS Jazz as planned originally. Fact of the matter is: Nightbeat is just not a priority with Hasbro.

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Generations Nightbeat never really scratched that itch sadly; he looked okay, but his transformation was fiddly, his robot mode had far too many bits and pieces flopping around unsecured, and his chest dragged along the surface in var mode. =/

@  Demovere Xeno : (08 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

I second wishing that we got a Deluxe Nightbeat from TR, mostly because as a kid he was second-in-command to my old Powermaster Optimus for the longest time. =P

@  tigerhawk : (08 May 2021 - 05:41 AM)

Wipe Out and Wilder it coulda been: Wipe Out is down in the dumps because the Scramble City Trypticon was destroyed and left him a drifting to the point he arrives in Legends World, he finds Wilder and both go on a crime spree subverted by their realisation neither gets any joy from it until they stop a violent crook together and become anti heroes. (Bass XO beat me!)

@  Bass X0 : (08 May 2021 - 05:39 AM)

Yes, Nightbeat and Siren would have been easy remolds of Chromedome - just give them new chests and each other's Titan Master heads. Fangry and Squeezeplay would be remolded from Twinferno with their own Titan Master heads. And Horri-Bull would have been remolded from Wolfwire.

@  Rycochet : (07 May 2021 - 05:10 PM)

Surprised we didn't get a full size retool from the monsterbot mold. I'd rather have a CW Ironhide retool though, we need a van Wilder.

@  tigerhawk : (07 May 2021 - 04:19 PM)

I just noticed Wilder was the only omission from Takara Legends.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 06:01 AM)

Even more weirdly, it was the early shift where some people had their regular day off for the week, while the late shift was supposed to have full attendance (not counting sick days, vacations and overtime reduction).

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:15 AM)

The weirdest part was that there was a steady influx of voters during the early shift, while hardly anyone showed up during the late shift.

@  Nevermore : (07 May 2021 - 01:14 AM)

Wow, that was a long day. But it's over, and I finally got some sleep. Not particularly happy with the outcome, but then again, my candidates both admit they didn't really campaign that much.

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

Photo

Mass Effect Series

1722 replies to this topic

#41 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

So I can't wait to see that anime (I'm a huge anime fan).

I heard it's pretty crap, actually. Though better than the Dragon Age one.

(also it's a lame plug, but I'll be updating the general off-topic board's anime thread with 2013's first offerings sometime in the coming week.)

Edited by 14000 Years, 05 January 2013 - 03:47 AM.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#42 Stilton Disco

Stilton Disco
  • Citizen
  • 3714 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Ah, 'tis awesome to read something completely positive about Mass Effect again.

If your looking into some of the additional media stuff, there's also a few books, comics and an iOS/Android game, all of which end up getting referenced in ME2/3.

The most directly impacting on the in game events would be the comic Redemption, set between ME1&2, dealing with what Liara got up to between games. This you should probably read after you meet up with Liara again in 2 though, as it does have some big spoilers for that meeting and the start of the game.

Infact, while we're on the subject of Liara, in ME2, because its the PS3 version, the DLC Lair of the Shadowbroker, which heavily involves her, is included on disc, and can be done at any time. However, its meant to be done after you've finish the main story, which can potentially give you a lot of additional dialogue and awesomeness, depending on what you did leading up to the end. Assuming you're alive of course...

Novel wise you could get away with just reading Ascension, which isn't vital to anything, but explains a few characters annimosities, and you meet some of the people involved. It also gives some excellent insight into Quarian society and culture.

The book set before it, Revelation, is set before ME1, involves Saren and Anderson, and introduces Khalee Sanders, the main character in the books, who is also in ME3.

The book set after, Retribution, spoils events for the end of ME2, and introduces a few important characters and plot points for 3. It is, however, the point where the wheels started to come off the franchise, retconing a few events and removing one previously important choice from ME1. It also ironically ends up getting retconned itself more than once. It's still a genuinely good read in and of itself though.

Do not, under any circumstances, read the novel Deception though. It is amazingly bad, and written by someone who apparently had no knowledge whatsoever of the franchise. It was so awful there was an official apology for it, and its supposedly going to be being rewritten to remove the dozens and dozens of mistakes it makes. But even if those weren't there, its still a crap story.

On the other hand, the App Game Mass Effect Galaxy is a fun little top down shooter with its own mini dialogue wheel, choices and branching story path, involving two squadmates from ME2, and a few NPC's you meet along the way.

Other than Revelation, you'd be better off at least starting ME2 before getting into any of this other stuff though.

Edited by Total Biscuit, 05 January 2013 - 03:54 AM.

No, I'm not 'that' TotalBiscuit.

#43 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49563 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Jan 4 2013, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One I had to try to not shoot colonists by using gas grenades...problem being I couldn't remember how to throw grenades...and once I did figure it out, I ran out of grenades in short order. So...yeah...by the end of it all only three of the infected colonists survived. I think my renegade level went up there a tad. icon-wildride.gif

That is actually one of the more difficult tasks the game gives you - which it is supposed to be. The only reason I skated by without killing anyone was abusing the Neural Shock ability.

Then of course there was that sadistic choice. In the interest of keeping it as spoiler free as possible, I'll try and be as vague as possible. Either I save the a person up in the tower or the one next to a bomb. Truly gutwrenching. HIGHLIGHT to view:
I saved Ashley though I really had to feel sorry for Kaidan. He had such a crush on Shepard. Also, romance seems to be blossoming between Shepard and Liara. Going to have to remember to save to a seperate file right before that scene.

Yeah, the way relationships work in the game tends to be you either save your prospective Love Interest on Virmir and they hook up, or else you hook up with Liara. Starting with ME2, relationship options get a lot more diverse and varied. And if you thought choosing who lived and died there was gutwrenching...just wait. By the end of the series, that will have been one of your easier choices.

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Jan 5 2013, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And speaking of brick walls, I'm suprised how I haven't really run into any yet. I thought I was about to on a couple Mako drives. But then I realised...I don't have to kill everything. I could just speed right passed some of these enemies and repair when I reach a safe spot. Saved on the frustration. And there's no shortage of barriers to hide behind while I'm on foot. So I have yet to get frustrated by this game.

The game is very well balanced, so as long as you keep your gear up and points distributed, you'll never hit a impossible section. I had issues with Noveria my first time around, because it was my first planet I went to and the final boss of that area is a pain. It was through that difficulty that I discovered the Neural Shock "exploit" that eventually came to define my ME1 runs.

Similarly, once you hit the Final Act, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring along a character that knows the "Singularity" ability. It makes the final encounter in the game an absolute cakewalk (And props to my wife for being the one who discovered that). Otherwise, I found running around the room counter clockwise and never standing still for longer then it takes to fire off a shot or two makes things fairly easy - if long.

#44 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(14000 Years @ Jan 5 2013, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I can't wait to see that anime (I'm a huge anime fan).

I heard it's pretty crap, actually. Though better than the Dragon Age one.

Yeah, Paragon Lost isn't my favorite thing ever. Maybe don't, like, pay full price for it? Vega's voice from the game does lend some authenticity, though. Which is nice. Lots of bad voice acting in animation, so it's good to hear a few voices in this one that I liked. Laura Bailey is in there, too, I think. Love her work. I'd really only recommend it for people who really like the games and are hard up for some new material, I was expecting something better. They worked closely with Bioware in its creation, but there are still a few nagging... liberties.

I still can't figure out why people hate the Dragon Age CG movie. It's one of the few overseas animated features that I don't feel embarrassed to watch. No excess cheese or disproportionate/unrelatable emotion, things I struggle against whenever I try new anime. (Seriously, someone help me with this?) The writing was solid, the plot direction kept me interested, and the quality of the animation itself is well past pleasant to look at. It's damned pretty.
I see it a lot, mostly from fans of anime. I don't get it. Is it the animation style?

Getting back to the topic, though! I like the comics. (BLASTO) I haven't touched any of the books, though I like that books do exist that were authored by Bioware writers. Passing the franchise to some ordinary jackoff writer who clumsily guesses his way through in order to collect a paycheck (Deception) is asinine.

#45 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

I see it a lot, mostly from fans of anime. I don't get it. Is it the animation style?

Well the thing with Dawn of the Seeker is that it's CGI and it's done by a relatively inexperienced CGI studio, so it's a love it or hate it kind of thing.

However with Paragon Lost the studio is Production IG, who are really capable of a lot more when they pull their finger out, but seem to have a bit of a habit of doing half-assed videogame stuff.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#46 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Fair enough. Yeah, Paragon Lost was pretty inconsistent.
I thought Dawn of the Seeker was gorgeous to look at. But! To each his or her own.

#47 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Follow your heart, let it guide you through the dark

• Supporter
  • 50518 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Seems like a good place to ask, has anyone tried any of the ME toys? I've got a Toys R Us gift card burning a hole in my wallet and I was thinking about picking up Garrus or Grunt with it.

#48 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

The 6" ones are... not very good. The expensive 8" ones are fantastic.

#49 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

There's toys? I must go to TRU now. Gah! Too sick to go to TRU. I must go there next week.
Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#50 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Bad toys. And expensive figures (so far those have Manshep, Ashley, Garrus, Femshep, and Tali. I'm hoping for a Liara in the next wave. Shep needs her girl.)

Edited by Esser-Z, 06 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#51 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I really have to get some of those. I may just have to fight this whole cold thing and go out to TRU tomorrow.
Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#52 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I don't think the expensive ones are in stores--they're Play Arts Kai.

#53 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

I heard the Play Arts ones have stodgy-looking faces.

#54 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Follow your heart, let it guide you through the dark

• Supporter
  • 50518 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

TRU has some for $20 each. I'm gonna guess they're the not-so-good ones. They have ManShep, Miranda, Tali, Grunt, Legion, Mordin, Garrus, and Thane.

#55 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(14000 Years @ Jan 6 2013, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard the Play Arts ones have stodgy-looking faces.

Only wave one humans.

Yeah, TMM, those're the not-so-great.

Edited by Esser-Z, 06 January 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#56 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I went to several stores that usually sell those kinda of toys yesterday. Found plenty of Halo, Mortal Kombat and even Mario toys. Nada on the Mass Effect icon-screamer.gif

Also...while playing tonight...HIGHLIGHT to view:
So Liara's mother wasn't evil. She was just a victim of Indoctrination. You know, being Liara's mother, I was hoping for some kind of redemption. Pretty sad that redemption equaled death in this case. There are times when this game just downright hurts!

#57 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 49563 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Jan 8 2013, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are times when this game just downright hurts!

Yup.

"No light? They said there was supposed to be...a light..."

#58 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Oh man, HIGHLIGHT to view:
Benezia's death hits hard. 'Specially if you bring Liara. Definitely one of the better done moments.

HIGHLIGHT to view:
She's a tragic figure. She joined up with Saren to try and make him see reason, but then Sovereign overpowered her.

Edited by Esser-Z, 08 January 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#59 Caldwin

Caldwin

Tsundere Kitty

• Supporter
  • 27419 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

And I'm sure this isn't really a spoiler seeing as how this game got so much noteriaty out of it...

Finally! The sex scene. Must remember not to overwrite save file 37!

#60 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

icon-fire.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users