Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

Photo

Tfdoc's Pre-botcon 05 Collection Photos, All Pieces

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:44 AM

A couple shots of my beloved Micros rolling out in their respective Divisions. I'm sure it's obvious what is what, but I won't feel right unless I include a little minutia. And yes, I know I should have taken the boxes down from my Hi-Lofts before I took the low angle shot.

Note: This is pre-Botcon 05, the numbers are higher now in all Divisions, here I will be listing my current numbers, and at some later date will do a new photo(and I hpoe the numbers will be even higher by then).

Dimensions: My Convoy Cabinette-top is 15 inches wide, 116 inches long and 59 inches high(great for standing angles/perspectives)

Left to right: Military Division, 2nd Platoon(37 Bots), 911 Division(40 Bots), Highway Division(57 Bots), Space Division(37 Bots), Constuction Division(53 Bots), All Terrain Division(41 Bots), Military Division, 1st Platoon(37 Bots) and overhead, Air Division(47 Bots, possibly 48, if I induct/draft/allow LOC Jetfire).

Led, of course, by Optimus Prime, who is flanked by his two top officers: His second in command, Jazz, and his chief advisor/sidekick/conscience, Bumble Bee.

You'll note that the Miltary Division(total 74 bots) is split into 1st and 2nd Platoons to protect the convoy, and that the Air Division is also in a low flying protection pattern.

The one Division not shown is the recently sanctioned Engineering Division(19 bots), previously known unofficially as the city crew. It is made up of Micros with no vehilce mode(Nebulons etc) or Micros whose alt mode just doesn't fit into any Division for whatever reasons(the bike and 4-wheeler from Minicon Perceptor etc), they usually only appear in bot mode, working on this or calibrating that. They never leave the city, "Engineering Division" title or not, they are still the city crew. The Construction Division builds things, but these guys keep it all running. Anyway, I thought I would add another pic or two so as to show them also.

^There were around 320 Micros total at this point. Now the # is 366.^

^I believe that was the first day that they really became "The City Crew", I was getting a pic of all the Micros and they had to go somewhere. They weren't ratified as a Division yet, they didn't have a charter, but Spike being in the pic with the Division leaders is what sowed the seeds for the eventual sanctioning.

^There's Prime with the Executive Staff(his top two and the eight Division Commanders).^

NOTE: Without Spike, who already was and still is chief engineer, the other 7 Division Commanders were known as "The Council of Seven". They governed the surviving Cybertronians after what came to be known as "The Arrival". They oversaw the designing and building of the planet New Cybertron, their mecha-sun "Sol-Tron" and the greatest, strongest and most beautiful city ever raised by man, bot or beast...., Cybertropolis. The Seven lead the TFs for ages before Prime returned to them, appearing suddenly out of the void, himself not knowing how he came there. He was offered the mantle of command on the spot, but he was quite reticent about it for some time, which was oddly ominous, for when he did accept command, it turned out to be the begining of the end of the 'Golden Age" of New Cybertron.(see: The History of New Cybertron, last 2 volumes) But that's a story for another time, about which, coincidentally, I just recieved some pertinent information recently extracted from the reverse-flux time bouy from which came the original copy of the enigmatic poem "A Statue of Optimus Prime", but again, I digress.

Enjoy the pics. I've got plans for more pics and blather some other time, maybe if you like the pics, you'll tolerate the blather.

And HOORAY for the return of The Allspark. Kalidor.., You d' Bot!

MasterOfMicrosimus Prime

Edited by TFDoc, 26 June 2006 - 02:54 PM.

The Universe gives, but exacts it's own cost

in promised potential and paradise lost

Electro-mechanical hearts still can break

with the loss of a hero, and the hope he can take

"Statue and Darkness"
(1st 2 stanzas of the prelude to part 7 - "Gone")

#2 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:52 AM

*BUMP*

Got distracted for few hours but I'm back. There are a few more pics and some valuable info on the thread now.

"Statue and Darkness"

#3 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26943 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:40 PM

I'm going to kill you. So I can take all your Transformers. Just giving you fair warning.

Also, glad to see Stakeout on the front row in his division.

#4 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

Truly a beautiful tiny army.

And it pleases me that Erector is in the front row of his division as well.

#5 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Andrusi @ Jun 23 2006, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to kill you. So I can take all your Transformers. Just giving you fair warning.

Also, glad to see Stakeout on the front row in his division.

OK, you can kill me, but PLEASE, make it clean and quick so you don't get any blood on the MIcros. One easy way to off the Ol' Doc is to show me the rest of the original Arkonaughts in WST form. I'm sure I would fall right over cold with a big stupid grin frozen on my face for eternity.

And Stakeout is a cool Bot. He's always been one of my faves. He was Top Cop until WST Prowl hit the streets. He also held another honor, he is the tallest of the G1 Micromasters. The long arm, John Law, the heat. He has protected and served my micros and myself since the 80's. (I love the 80's)

Microphilemus Prime

"Statue and Darkness"

#6 MightyMegs

MightyMegs
  • Citizen
  • 4240 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:54 PM

Those lines of Minicons... so straight and unwavering. Those tiny threadds holding those small toys aloft...

I thought you might appreciate seeing how I display my Minicons...

#7 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(crazyjw18 @ Jun 23 2006, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Truly a beautiful tiny army.

And it pleases me that Erector is in the front row of his division as well.

Yeah, Erector has aleays been ranked very high in the divisions in general. In the early days, when he was hot off the shelf, he was chosen as leader of the fledgeling Construction Division. Him in the middle and the four origianls on the sides made a great Micro-scene. But along the way he prefered to be able to concentrate on his work without the mantle of command. So the leadership was handed back to Neutro, the original leader, and has been so for time immeasurable.

MicroConstructionus Prime

QUOTE(MightyMegs @ Jun 23 2006, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those lines of Minicons... so straight and unwavering. Those tiny threadds holding those small toys aloft...

I thought you might appreciate seeing how I display my Minicons...

MMMMMM! Me Grimlock LOVE Micromaster casserole! MUNCH!!!

"Statue and Darkness"

#8 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23900 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:06 PM

Is that Energon Unicron... EATING those minicons?

#9 StarScreamZX

StarScreamZX
  • Citizen
  • 2802 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

Awesome collection Doc, didn't know Micro's could look so good icon-ironhide.gif

#10 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26943 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(TFDoc @ Jun 23 2006, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Stakeout is a cool Bot. He's always been one of my faves. He was Top Cop until WST Prowl hit the streets. He also held another honor, he is the tallest of the G1 Micromasters. The long arm, John Law, the heat. He has protected and served my micros and myself since the 80's. (I love the 80's)

He's really the tallest Micromaster? I figured I just didn't have the guy who was taller than him. >_> But yes, Stakeout is of awesome.

#11 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(Andrusi @ Jun 23 2006, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TFDoc @ Jun 23 2006, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's really the tallest Micromaster? I figured I just didn't have the guy who was taller than him. >_> But yes, Stakeout is of awesome.

Yes, Stakeout is the tallest of the original G1 US Micromasters. I know because I stood them all face to face long ago to determine that very thing. The shortest is Phaser.

Microstudious Prime

QUOTE(StarScreamZX @ Jun 23 2006, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome collection Doc, didn't know Micro's could look so good icon-ironhide.gif

At Botcon 05 I was wearing a t-shirt with the second picture on it and the caption was "ROLL OUT!"

TrueyTreasureMyMicrosimus Prime

"Statue and Darkness"

#12 Mighty Maximal

Mighty Maximal
  • Citizen
  • 1910 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:13 AM

It's interesting how well Minicons, Micromasters, Micromaster 6 team members, Micromaster Combiners and WST's all blend in with each other so well.

#13 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Maximal @ Jun 24 2006, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's interesting how well Minicons, Micromasters, Micromaster 6 team members, Micromaster Combiners and WST's all blend in with each other so well.

You know it, Max. When Armada first hit and I seen my first Minicon icon-silverbolt.gif I could barely believe that there were going to be new Micros after all of the years. I couldn't wait to get some of them home and compare them to my MMs. But that was really nothing compared to the unparalleled ecstasy I experienced when I first seen the WSTs. At long last, some of my favorite Arkonaughts in micro-size.

Minicons are a little bigger than MMs in general, and WSTs are a little smaller but the difference is totally negligible. I am so thankful that they are all close enough in size so as to give me the opportunity amass a Micro Army of this size.

MasterOfMicrosimus Prime

"Statue and Darkness"

#14 (Deactivated) Ataru Moroboshi

(Deactivated) Ataru Moroboshi
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

...Awesome, man, I really gotta break down and get some of the Micros I've had my eyes on online. And seeing the WSTs essentially for the first time today just reinforces my desire for Legends of Cybertron to continue into Classics, only with micro versions of G1 characters...

#15 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:45 AM

I will eventually get around to taking current collection photos that will include my sizable Botcon haul and a fairly fruitful collecting year since, but for now here is the last batch I took. And I'll even give everyone a break and not include a ton of blather.

NOTE: I neglected to get my box of comics in the shoot. I think I have about 120.

There is my first shot at documenting my collection.

LoveEveryBotIGotimus Prime

"Statue and Darkness"

#16 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16319 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:56 AM

Cool!
Seems like an odd way of displaying them, you seem to have it kinda symmetrical at some points but all the different lines and factions are mized togther.
I like seeing tons of Micromasters.

#17 TFDoc

TFDoc

TFDoc

• Validating
  • 2898 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

I'm in the middle of a total redesign/reconstuction of Cybertropolis, the Construction and Engineering Divisions have been working 24/7, but it's the most ambitious project ever undertaken in the history of the city is and taking a while to come to fruition. The new design will include 11 major additions: G1 Scorponok, Star Convoy, 2002 New Years OP trailer, G2 OP trailer, Energon OP trailer x 2, Tidalwave and Shockwave in fan/base modes, CD Red alert in my own rocket-base mode, CD Scattorshot in fan/base mode and a second Skyhopper, plus, the Space Center on top of Mt. Primus will now include the entire fleet of recently completed Mega-Transports(a fleet of spaceships that are so massive as to convey the entrie population of New Cybertron, and much supplies and materials, across the Universe, if they find a way out of the void or are forced to leave). I'm not sure at this point when the project will be finished, so in the mean time here is a layout of the city as it originally stood when Prime first appeared out of the void and looked upon New Cybertron.

Warning: The new layout, when posted, will include tons of minutia, details about details, blah-blah-blahing and lots good old fashioned blather, but I'll give you all a break and go light on that here. Your welcome.(LOL)

Enjoy the pics.

Cybertropolis as seen if approaching from the south. Snugged up against the south side of the mighty Mt. Primus.

My favorite TF photo I've ever taken. Optimus Prime in all his glory!

Space Center West.

Space Center East

Inside "The Cave" west. A cave in the side of Mt. Primus so huge it holds power plants, generators, energon storage and airfields, all nearly invulnerable to attack inside the gigantic impact crater in the side of the mountain. The planes are even safer stored beneath the airfields, deep in the "subcave" levels.

Inside The Cave east.
NOTE: The large red and grey structures aren't just energy conduits and elevators up to the Space Center, if you notice they are also solar power collectors. They get mecha-sun most of the day because they face south(they actually DO face directly south, just like my garage door).

The Gates of Cybertropolis(aka the South Gate or Main Gate), also seen on the lower right is the Police Gate.

A peek over "The Gates" from orbit.

Another sattelite photo of the hub of the city.

The Eastside, and the East Gate in the lower right-hand corner.

The West Gate, and the Military Gate in the lower right hand corner.

The Westside.

Prime meeting with his Senior Staff: Jazz, his second in command, Bumblebee, his advisor/sidekick/conscience, and the Division Commanders, also know as "The Council of Seven", "The Seven" or "The Council", who governed New Cyberetron through the millinia before Prime's return.

The Gates of Cybertropolis flung wide! Prime with a few special friends.

Well that's the old Cybertropolis. The new city is rising as fast as can be facilitated. The scope of the project is staggering. The scheduling, the materials, right of way conficts, construcion priorities, previosly unused and untested systems and implacements. But inspite of all the difficulties, Cybertropolis is taking it's new shape, day by day. I'm certain, as Neutro and Spike have assured me, within a few weeks the new face of Cybertropolis will be complete, and revealed for all to see.

Cybertropolis Prime

Edited by TFDoc, 27 June 2006 - 02:45 AM.

"Statue and Darkness"

#18 BHFlint

BHFlint

Bork!

• Retired Staff
  • 30666 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:13 PM

I merged the posts to keep all the photos in one place, plus I added this to the stickied Collection thread up to. Nice sets!

#19 (Deactivated) ultraprime

(Deactivated) ultraprime
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

awesome!!!!
makes me want to collect all the smALL TRANSFORMERS!!!!

#20 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 43918 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:39 PM

TFDoc makes me cry and jealous.

I don't condone murder or stealing but damn... thats the collection many of us would do anything for.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.