Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

Photo
- - - - -

S3, Ep 5 Magic Duel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
275 replies to this topic

#221 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22944 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Dunno why you've been so dead set on making MLP all grit and serious lately, Fnu Aw. It's awful silly.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#222 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(Zeel1 @ Dec 7 2012, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sobana @ Dec 7 2012, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't mind being Trixie's slave for a day... ._.

I bet it pays better then being Zeel1's dog. >.>

Whoosagoodgirl?! Whoosagoodgirl?! Whowantsaraise?! Whowantsaraise?!

o.o Bark, bark, bark, bark! >.< *wiggles*

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Dec 7 2012, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whether they fear her or deride her, things won't be pleasant for her.

I think fear inspiring might work out better for her show then shame inspired. This way she will seem more powerful and mysterious.

#223 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40354 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Dec 8 2012, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dunno why you've been so dead set on making MLP all grit and serious lately, Fnu Aw. It's awful silly.

The existence of consequences is not a bad thing, nor would the absence of consequences be a good thing.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#224 Zeel1

Zeel1
  • Citizen
  • 1127 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Sobana @ Dec 8 2012, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Zeel1 @ Dec 7 2012, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sobana @ Dec 7 2012, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't mind being Trixie's slave for a day... ._.

I bet it pays better then being Zeel1's dog. >.>

Whoosagoodgirl?! Whoosagoodgirl?! Whowantsaraise?! Whowantsaraise?!

o.o Bark, bark, bark, bark! >.< *wiggles*

*Balances a stack of dollar bills on her muzzle.*

You know how this trick works, right~?

#225 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1358 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Dec 8 2012, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cabooceratops @ Dec 8 2012, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The existence of consequences is not a bad thing, nor would the absence of consequences be a good thing.

There's a difference between no consequences and the legal system being rewritten to screw over one person. Trixie's reputation is still in the toilet, and she's out the giant bag of money that she spent months working on a rock farm to earn with nothing to show for it but a very embarrassing story. And depending on how the rock farmers take Trixie's attack on their daughter, she might not be able to get her job back.

Although to be honest, I'm not sure which she would consider worse.
Unfortunately, fools are often planproof.

#226 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40354 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Good question. What would Trixie consider worse?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#227 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1358 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Heck if I know. The rock farm seems to pay well and keep her away from hecklers, but she hated the work. But if she can't get her stage career going again, and the farm won't take her back, she'll have to take other bottom of the barrel job. She might not dislike whatever that is as much, but I doubt that it would be as lucrative as rock farming seemed to be.

#228 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10796 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

That Pinkie might come from a wealthy family is an interesting thought. Albeit, a kind of "unglamorous" wealth that's probably looked down on by the Canterlot elite, whom Pinkie's parents may very well be able to buy and sell quite easily, nonetheless.

#229 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1358 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

One idea I've hear and like is that a rock farm is kinda like a coal mine, in that you can pull down a good wad of cash working there, but the work is really unpleasant so most people don't take the job if they have any kind of choice. Rock farming might not have as many health risks as coal mining, but what we've seen so far consists of moving and breaking rocks, which is usually equated to hard prison labor. Trixie's work there may very well be worse than whatever she would do in jail.

So, Pinkie's family would be covered in dirt and grease, but everyone buys what they're selling.

Edited by Sjogre, 09 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#230 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25679 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

You know, in a joking kinda way, I was talking about how nice it was for an episode where Pinkie absolutely could not talk and it's nice whenever she was forced to just shut the hell up. But I think joking about it made me miss what was truly awesome about it.

Pinkie only had one line in the entire show...and it wasn't her usual random ramblings. She defended her family against someone who was badmouthing them and their profession. It's something anyone would say, not just some randomness.

Pinkie...was pretty darn normal for the entire episode. Well, okay, she broke the forth wall again at the end...but so did Twilight!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#231 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11655 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

A thought on Trixie's legal defense; while it's true that most ponies wouldn't know about the amulet, Celestia probably would. She might well be willing to write off most of Trixie's crimes as being under the influence and issue a pardon (or at least reduce the sentence to low-grade [non-magical] exile).

Still probably wouldn't help with her reputation, but at least she's not a fugitive.

#232 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Dec 9 2012, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A thought on Trixie's legal defense; while it's true that most ponies wouldn't know about the amulet, Celestia probably would. She might well be willing to write off most of Trixie's crimes as being under the influence and issue a pardon (or at least reduce the sentence to low-grade [non-magical] exile).

Still probably wouldn't help with her reputation, but at least she's not a fugitive.

Agreed. After all, she let Twilight get off with a stern warning after brainwashing Ponyville, and she didn't have the excuse of being under an amulet's influence.

On another note, why was such a dangerous artifact in the possession of a lowly shop keeper and not locked up somewhere? Doesn't anyone keep tabs on things like that?
You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#233 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40354 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

That'd be a fair resolution. A stern talking to from Celestia would probably be enough to frighten most ponies into shape.

I can see it happening. And while she's at it, Celestia will probably ask Trixie how she got the amulet in the first place and whether she knows where to find any other similar objects. Perhaps she'll once again "forget the punishment" in exchange for a little cooperation.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#234 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11655 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

There's a thought, Celestia's Suicide Squad --the ponies nopony would miss, doing the jobs nopony else can.

#235 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25679 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(Cybersnark @ Dec 9 2012, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a thought, Celestia's Suicide Squad --the ponies nopony would miss, doing the jobs nopony else can.

Well, leaving off the "ponies nopony would miss" qualifier for a second...how many crack squads does she need? She has Shining Armor and Cadence for kingdom defence. She has the Wonderbolts for...whatever it is the Wonderbolts does. She has the mane six as her go to, do everything group. Does she really need another group of Wreckers?
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#236 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40354 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

One can never have too many Wreckers.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#237 Sjogre

Sjogre
  • Citizen
  • 1358 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Dec 9 2012, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pinkie...was pretty darn normal for the entire episode. Well, okay, she broke the forth wall again at the end...but so did Twilight!

Breaking the fourth wall isn't too impressive for a cartoon character. It just means that they can't hold character.

You know why Deadpool keeps breaking the fourth wall? It's because he keeps forgetting his lines and rambling about the first thing he thinks of.

QUOTE(Fnu Aw)
One can never have too many Wreckers.

That's because they have a shorter shelf life than twinkies.

Hmmn... My Little Pony, like Transformers, has enough characters to toss a dozen into the wood chipper everyday without running low...

#238 J4n1

J4n1
  • Citizen
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I did not like this episode.
I did not like boast busters either for that matter, and felt that how Trixie was treated was stupid and overblown (she a stage magician, a showpony, of course there's going to be plenty of hyperbole in her act), and she did not deserve how she was treated and what she got (she was an arrogant, mean, jerk, but she still did not deserve what she got, and heckling from the audience was unnecessary and rude).
And now it was confirmed that the Boast Busters ended pretty much destroying her life.
And if that episode destroyed her life, i can't even imagine how this episode ends up doing to it (mind you, this time she actually deserves to be messed with, but it all started in Boast busters where she did not).
QUOTE(Sobana @ Dec 4 2012, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also imagine Trixie wasn't complaining about the low pay on the rock farm, seeing how she managed to make enough to stuff a bag full of bits to tempt a greedy merchant, but rather complaining she had to resort to physical labor to make a living.

Trixie is a stage magician, it's her talent, her special ability, part of what makes her, her.
Imagine everyone having an innate special ability, something that would rule over our lives, our careers, our likes, our personalities.
Imagine if society revolved lot around those special abilities and everyone followed theirs in one way or the other.
Imagine then, suddenly, being denied that special ability, being denied doing what is basically your purpose in life, denied your very self, and all because of something you were not even at fault of.

That would be enough to make anyone snap.

edit-
I did like the Zecora being able to do magic part.
Shows that beings other than ponies, and especially beings other than Unicorns, can do magic.
Would it be possible for an earth pony to learn magic?
It would probably be very different than Unicorn magic (more magic circles and dribble candles maybe?), and lot harder, but with this reveal it might be possible.

Edited by J4n1, 04 January 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#239 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40354 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(J4n1 @ Jan 4 2013, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not like this episode.
I did not like boast busters either for that matter, and felt that how Trixie was treated was stupid and overblown (she a stage magician, a showpony, of course there's going to be plenty of hyperbole in her act), and she did not deserve how she was treated and what she got (she was an arrogant, mean, jerk, but she still did not deserve what she got, and heckling from the audience was unnecessary and rude).
And now it was confirmed that the Boast Busters ended pretty much destroying her life.
And if that episode destroyed her life, i can't even imagine how this episode ends up doing to it (mind you, this time she actually deserves to be messed with, but it all started in Boast busters where she did not).

I'm glad someone agrees with me about Boast Busters. It's probably the most poorly written episode in the series. The way Trixie was handled in that episode is just all wrong.

I did like this episode though. I'd probably give it a totally different ending if I could, but I'm more than satisfied with the episode the way it is. I expected it to be good, and I was still pleasantly surprised.

QUOTE(Sobana @ Dec 4 2012, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also imagine Trixie wasn't complaining about the low pay on the rock farm, seeing how she managed to make enough to stuff a bag full of bits to tempt a greedy merchant, but rather complaining she had to resort to physical labor to make a living.

Trixie is a stage magician, it's her talent, her special ability, part of what makes her, her.
Imagine everyone having an innate special ability, something that would rule over our lives, our careers, our likes, our personalities.
Imagine if society revolved lot around those special abilities and everyone followed theirs in one way or the other.
Imagine then, suddenly, being denied that special ability, being denied doing what is basically your purpose in life, denied your very self, and all because of something you were not even at fault of.

That would be enough to make anyone snap.

I always thought the joke is that the rock farm is ridiculous. It's not a mine. It's not a quarry. They're not digging for rocks. They're literally growing rocks like crops. Ordinary rocks. Somehow. The work isn't just hard or tedious. It's absurd.

edit-
I did like the Zecora being able to do magic part.
Shows that beings other than ponies, and especially beings other than Unicorns, can do magic.
Would it be possible for an earth pony to learn magic?
It would probably be very different than Unicorn magic (more magic circles and dribble candles maybe?), and lot harder, but with this reveal it might be possible.

All ponies possess magic, as do zebras and some (possibly all) wildlife. Where they differ is in how they use their magic. Pegasuses use theirs to stand on clouds. Unicorns can learn to manipulate magic the same way. Earth ponies use their magic to be supernaturally good at working with plants and animals. That's why so many earth ponies grow food. Fluttershy's powers are almost certainly earth pony magic. Given that Unicorns can use magic the way pegasuses do, and it's apparently possible for a pegasus to use magic the way earth ponies do, I see no reason earth ponies cannot use magic the way unicorns and pegasuses do. It'd probably be crazy hard, but still possible.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#240 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25679 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I refer you to Pinkie Pie.
PSN = Caldwin