Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

Photo

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion - SPOILERS

Marvel Shield Coulson MCU Agents of Shield

2952 replies to this topic

#81 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1926 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Coulson should become Paste Pot Pete.

#82 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6059 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Sean Whitmore @ May 15 2013, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Creature SH @ May 14 2013, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a somewhat propagandistic "It's okay to do terrible things for the greater good" tone to this. I don't like it.

Where are you getting that from?

I mean, you're probably not wrong about the final product, "Avengers" proved that SHIELD is willing to do bad for good.

But I don't see any hint of that in the trailer. Arguably the worst thing they do is black-bag the "not a team player" hacker (who has managed to annoy me already with one line).

They are performing what appears to be an unlawful arrest via the tried and true "put a hood over their head" method and force the person to work with them.
(Look at the situation presented in the trailer: She stumbles upon information by chance, feels the need to warn the world and is snatched up for it)
If you look at it in a real world context, that's a pretty damn chilling thing.

Certainly, they portray it in a soft no-harm-is-done way - But that's what makes it propagandistic.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#83 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(Creature SH @ May 14 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Look at the situation presented in the trailer: She stumbles upon information by chance, feels the need to warn the world and is snatched up for it)

I see what you're saying. I'm just making the assumption (possibly incorrect) that what she knows about SHIELD, coupled with the fact that her character is described as a hacker, indicates she got her information by illegal means, and that's what puts SHIELD onto her and gives them the leverage to draft her.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#84 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8515 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(Sean Whitmore @ May 14 2013, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Creature SH @ May 14 2013, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see what you're saying. I'm just making the assumption (possibly incorrect) that what she knows about SHIELD, coupled with the fact that her character is described as a hacker, indicates she got her information by illegal means, and that's what puts SHIELD onto her and gives them the leverage to draft her.

That scene needs 100% more Anthony Anderson calling her a criminal.

#85 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45649 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm also hoping the line "Other organizations out there interested" means we might see A.I.M., Hydra, and heck...let's go crazy and throw the Secret Empire into the mix as well.

Or even Project: Pegasus.
Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#86 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Zodiac!

I did a new video thing:

#87 Verity Carlo

Verity Carlo

trash meme goddess

• Citizen
  • 22775 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

I want some of the top leaders to turn out to be Skrulls.

staring dog stares

doggie_zpsafvtedef.png

#88 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 14 2013, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or even Project: Pegasus.

Project Pegasus got eaten in the first bit of Avengers

Why stick as high-level an agent as Coulson on non-classified stuff?

I think classified as in categorized, not privatized.

#89 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10254 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Creature SH @ May 14 2013, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sean Whitmore @ May 15 2013, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Creature SH @ May 14 2013, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a somewhat propagandistic "It's okay to do terrible things for the greater good" tone to this. I don't like it.

Where are you getting that from?

I mean, you're probably not wrong about the final product, "Avengers" proved that SHIELD is willing to do bad for good.

But I don't see any hint of that in the trailer. Arguably the worst thing they do is black-bag the "not a team player" hacker (who has managed to annoy me already with one line).

They are performing what appears to be an unlawful arrest via the tried and true "put a hood over their head" method and force the person to work with them.
If you look at it in a real world context, that's a pretty damn chilling thing.

Certainly, they portray it in a soft no-harm-is-done way - But that's what makes it propagandistic.

For all we know, she had a pirate broadcast to get her message out; or she might have been broadcasting stolen secrets or other classified information.

Black bag on head a typical spy thing so she doesn't, you know, find out where the secret base is at.

MSzBav1.jpg

#90 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

You can't just throw around a word like "propaganda" when there's nothing to propagandize.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#91 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16861 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

As much as I'd love to help write a 28 page term paper on media's role in propaganda production-

SUPER PEOPLE.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#92 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(NICKSAUR @ May 14 2013, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I'd love to help write a 28 page term paper on media's role in propaganda production-

SUPER PEOPLE.

That's the same attitude people had about "No Ordinary Family", and look how that show's manifesto infected the populace.

I did a new video thing:

#93 Corgsopal

Corgsopal

Hanging 'round amorphous mounds

• Supporter
  • 5736 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Mediocre ratings and early cancellation?
Reclaim the suffix.

#94 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38825 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ May 14 2013, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PerIAuv27SQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"What does that mean to you?" "That someone really wanted our initials to spell out SHIELD"

Showed this to the GF, and she can't wait for it!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#95 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Article talking with Jeffery Bell, the non-whedon Exec producer,
http://www.comicbook...rticle&id=45510

The executive producer went on to say that the character may "not necessarily" be familiar to those who read Marvel comics.

I feel this strengthens my Josiah X theory!

#96 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Honestly, this part makes me think I'm right about it being character who isn't even black in the comics.

Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, look, all our parts are open to all diversity. So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J, was just because he was the best actor.

I did a new video thing:

#97 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 6059 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ May 15 2013, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't just throw around a word like "propaganda" when there's nothing to propagandize.

What I mean is that it facilitates an atmosphere that is more forgiving to government-mandated human rights violations.

j1GI7Gi.gif

#98 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(Sean Whitmore @ May 15 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly, this part makes me think I'm right about it being character who isn't even black in the comics.

Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, look, all our parts are open to all diversity. So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J, was just because he was the best actor.

I interpret it more that had it been a white guy, that'd be ok, but woo, black guy!

#99 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Sean Whitmore @ May 15 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This just makes me think it's a totally original character. Which would piss me off slightly, but considering all of the actual SHIELD are original characters, it doesn't really surprise me.

#100 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(Lizard King @ May 15 2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This just makes me think it's a totally original character. Which would piss me off slightly, but considering all of the actual SHIELD are original characters, it doesn't really surprise me.

I don't know, the "all our parts are open to all diversity" seems to me like they're saying "don't freak out of Speedball ends up being Filipino". If it was an original character, there'd be no reason to even mention that, because how would we know or care whether some completely new character changed ethnicity between script and casting?

I did a new video thing:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users