Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

@  fourteenwings : (23 February 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Is there something about the Shoutbox that just means we get politics taking over the thing at least once a week?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2021 - 08:26 AM)

At least your government is willing to talk about the collapsing medicare system. In quebec, their ignoring it in favour of talking about language again! Oh, and unconstitutionally denying access to eduction.

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:52 AM)

At least here in my home province of Ontario we have a conservative gov't who doesn't want to cuz $$$$, but the argument is that they'll end up paying in medical care anyways for those sick people so why not?

@  Shockwave 75 : (23 February 2021 - 07:51 AM)

We have paid sick leave here in Canada too, but it's not very much and not everyone has it. So we're trying to get the gov't to extend it, and give it to everyone.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:23 AM)

The only reason people still go to work despite being sick is because they feel emotionally obliged to serve their employer.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Some people abuse the system by somehow getting sick with a different plague every five weeks.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:20 AM)

Those six weeks are out of the employer's pocket by legal mandate. If you're still sick after those six weeks, the health insurance company takes over the payment.

@  Nevermore : (23 February 2021 - 02:19 AM)

That's the good thing in Germany - we have legally mandated paid sick days. Six weeks (!) for a single cause (consecutive or recurring, as long as it's the same cause; reinfections long after the fact don't count), Everytime the employee gets sick with a new cause, another six weeks start.

@  tigerhawk : (22 February 2021 - 04:48 PM)

That's how my family got sick, my brothers a teacher, he has a class for expelled students, they gave full attendance these past few lockdowns out of sheer boredom, they can turn in sick and break isolation and he nor the other staff, who also got sick, couldn't do anything about it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 February 2021 - 03:03 PM)

Yeah, pretty sure the only reason people don't stay home when they're sick is that the vast majority of society lives paycheque to paycheque, and they can't afford even one missed day of work.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM)

That's unfortunate... I know masks can be annoying, but I think not being able to breath comfortably for a while is better than actually having the virus and not being able to breath at all. bUt Oh, pEoPLe dOn'T bELiVe ThE dAmN vIrUs Is rEaL

@  wonko the sane? : (22 February 2021 - 08:28 AM)

Hahahaha! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, no one is going to do that. Far too many are in positions where they simply cannot afford the time off, and most of the rest are the kind who won't wear the mask in a global pandemic, never mind when they alone have the sniffles.

@  Shockwave 75 : (22 February 2021 - 08:20 AM)

I just hope a take-away from this will be for people to stay home when they're sick, and if they have to go out, wear a mask so as not to spread their illness.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 February 2021 - 08:25 PM)

I think it's mostly the masking that's kept the flu season down so much, and that's unlikely to be kept up for that long. I'm sure there'll be some people who keep wearing masks for years after this, but I suspect a larger number are anticipating people able to toss them once vaccinations are complete.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2021 - 05:27 PM)

Same in canada. Doctors report it to be basically non-existant. I kinda hope they keep some stuff up after everyone is vaccinated. Like hand sanitizer at store entrances, and actually cleaning the shopping carts.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 05:17 PM)

On the plus side cold and flu cases are down 80% this winter thanks to lockdowns, or at least that's the case in the UK.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

This is quite possibly the most miserable i have ever felt.

@  Hg Dragon : (21 February 2021 - 04:37 PM)

i'll be nice and not bypass the cupcake monkey, but COVID can *bleep* itself in the *bleeping* *bleeper* with a *bleeping* cactus.

@  tigerhawk : (21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM)

He only appeared the once in the US comics and got one follow up in the UK comic. He never suffered badass decay like Omega Supreme and the combiners.

@  Rycochet : (19 February 2021 - 05:15 PM)

Trypticon's debut issues in the marvel comic were the absolute best 'To sell a toy' comics of the book.

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:04 AM)

Then the audience goes "This was a stealth Transformers film wannit!"

@  tigerhawk : (19 February 2021 - 03:03 AM)

Godzilla vs Trypticon, co written by Christina Hobson and Max Borenstein.

@  Bass X0 : (19 February 2021 - 01:36 AM)

I now want G1 Grimlock to transform into Mecha Godzilla.

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2021 - 04:23 PM)

I preferred Rush when Midway made it.

@  Bass X0 : (17 February 2021 - 03:13 PM)

The best Rush comes from Canada.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 February 2021 - 02:54 PM)

In *other* wonderful and fantastic news, guess whose Kingdom Cheetor and Paleotrex FINALLY arrived today?

@  Bass X0 : (16 February 2021 - 03:07 PM)

yeah, its a good show. watch as much as you can.

@  tigerhawk : (16 February 2021 - 04:58 AM)

Goodnight Sweethearts turned out to be a gem, I only knew Nicholas Lyndhurst in Only Fools and Horses but never saw this show before.

@  Bass X0 : (15 February 2021 - 04:07 PM)

Then we got Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Dai Atlas, Megatron, Galvatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Banzai-Tron in Alternity...

@  Sabrblade : (15 February 2021 - 12:04 PM)

Heh, that new Binaltech comic that Ichikawa wrote for one of the Japanese Generations books even had the other Dinobots make fun of Grimlock for his "Autobot Car" body.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2021 - 12:03 PM)

They got that rescue bot grimlock that turns into a motorcycle. That's... pretty neat...

@  Otaku : (15 February 2021 - 11:35 AM)

Just to make Grimlock feel more "wrong", they even highlight how his character just seems ill-suited for a sports car alternate mode in his own backstory.  Hindsight is 20/20, so I now wish they'd made a T-rex that transformed into a sportscar.  Still probably would have been as much or more of a pain to transform, but at least it'd feel more like Grimlock. :D

@  Rycochet : (13 February 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Some Alternators were fine, then you have Grimlock/Wheeljack, with three transformers worth of fiddly and a giant buttflap.

Photo

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion - SPOILERS

Marvel Shield Coulson MCU Agents of Shield

3052 replies to this topic

#3041 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68586 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:30 AM

Yeah, don't bother.

ACItEK8.png

#3042 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31961 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:09 AM

are we even still trying to fit this in with the movies? 

Well, why else would they have used the 

Spoiler
if not as a tie-in to the movies?

And only two episodes ago did young Garrett directly mention having watched Loki kill Coulson via the Timestream.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3043 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17530 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:25 AM

The thing is, the movies have never acknowledged events in the show, which makes it feel like the movie is in its own nearby timeline that diverged with Coulson being revived.  In main MCU, Coulson stayed dead, none of the show's events took place.  In the AoS timeline, he came back and all of the show's events happened, including some impact on the events as seen in the movies.  Not much impact, since the big beats still happened as in the movies, but you'd have at least had some background appearances or mentions here and there.  It's still possible they share one timeline, it just seems more likely that they don't.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#3044 Destron D-69

Destron D-69
  • Supporter
  • 63682 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:55 AM

I'll think of it as the Razorbeast beastwars comics of the MCU then... just a smidge out of phase... events happening in one timeline if they're large enough will effect both... but large events in the other timeline have no effect on the other...

that's why Captain Marvel didn't explode all these timeboy ships 

#3045 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20225 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

are we even still trying to fit this in with the movies? 

Well, why else would they have used the 

Spoiler
if not as a tie-in to the movies?

And only two episodes ago did young Garrett directly mention having watched Loki kill Coulson via the Timestream.

By it's very nature

Spoiler
so that doesn't really signify anything.

But yeah - whether it was at Coulson's first revival or somewhere else thereabouts, AOS diverted from the main timeline a long time ago. Like Dvandom says, some things were already in motion which would allow for stuff like Cap 2 and some of the other big events still happening, but there were plenty of events in AOS that would not have gone unanswered in the same timeline as the MCU.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#3046 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31961 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:22 PM

The films were never going to reference the show since doing so might have confused casual moviegoers who only watch the films and don't watch the show.

That Endgame referenced Agent Carter by featuring James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis is an abnormality, if an awesome one.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3047 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 17530 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:52 AM

Oh, the movies could have had easter egg level references to AoS if they'd wanted to.  For instance, Rogue One having a background reference to General Syndulla didn't require Star Wars moviegoers to follow the Rebels show, but still acknowledged that the show existed.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#3048 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3409 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:19 AM

Closest we got was Fury mentioning old friends, which would have been the right spot to reintroduce Coulson.

Imagine, theyre on the helicarrier. Fury says that line.

Coulson: Hello Stark.
Tony: Phil? I thought you died.
Coulson sighs: Tahiti. Its a magical place.
Hill and Fury look at him, smile, and we continue on with Age of Ultron.

Casual viewers think he got some R&R to heal, AoS fans know the true story, and we move on.

A 10 second scene. Thats all it needed. A quick cameo like the Iron Man 3 kid or Jarvis in Endgame. It legitimizes SHIELD as a series but doesnt kill the flow of the movie.

Edited by Kup, 17 August 2020 - 10:19 AM.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#3049 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13875 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:47 PM

I have only one real criticism with the finale, and that's the fact that

Spoiler

Spoiler

What I really liked about the last episode was how they

Spoiler

The one thing I pretty much expected was the line about

Spoiler

I'm still not entirely on board with

Spoiler

One more minor nitpick:

Spoiler

Also, just because I cannot stress this enough:

Spoiler

Edited by Nevermore, 17 August 2020 - 06:55 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#3050 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31961 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:30 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Sabrblade, 18 August 2020 - 09:18 AM.

#3051 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13875 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:15 AM

Oh yes, I would have loved the second one.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#3052 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 17530 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:09 AM

I'd settle for a professionally drawn poster/still of Deke and his Alternate Avengers (Deathlok, good Graviton, Mockingbird, Ghost Rider, Sif, maybe others) about to face Thanos.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#3053 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13875 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:46 PM

So I have recently begun rewatching the show from the very beginning. With hindsight of what is going to happen, I am not only able to notice a lot of things I haven't noticed before, but also to better assess the pacing of the show. At the point of this writing, I'm almost done with season 2, with only the two-part season finale remaining.

I feel safe to say that while the second half of season 1 is widely accepted to be better than the first half (especially from "Turn, Turn, Turn" onwards), season 2 is the exact opposite as far as I'm concerned.

Now, in hindsight, even though the first few episodes of season 1 are pretty much terrible compared to the later ones, there isn't really a lot that could be skipped since mostly everything eventually ties into the season arc one way or another. Centipede, Raina, Ian Quinn, the Clairvoyant, they're all connected. Even the 0-8-4 from episode 2 eventually reappears in the season finale, when Coulson uses it to blast cyborg John Garrett into pieces.

"The Well", the tie-in episode for "Thor: The Dark World", isn't a very good tie-in, unlike of course the two tie-ins for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", "End of the Beginning" and "Turn, Turn, Turn", which is the point where everyone rightfully says the show is finally starting to get really good.

There are a few problems with a subsequent revelation: In the season 2 episode "Making Friends and Influencing People", we learn that Hydra brainwashed Donnie Gill while he was imprisoned at the Fridge. Supposedly, this was expicitly done so he would help them take control of the Fridge. Considering it was John Garrett and Grant Ward who took the Fridge in "Providence", this in itself is questionable. The other problem I have with that is the timeline. Since Hydra needed Gill to take the Fridge, they supposedly weren't really in control before that point, so they probably couldn't have done the brainwashing out in the open, which means it would have taken a lot more time compared to how quickly Daniel Whitehall was able to brainwash Agent 33/Kara Palamas in "Making Friends and Influencing People". Now here comes my breakdown of the timeline: Gill's first appearance is the season 1 episode "Seeds". That episode ends with Coulson making a call to Ian Quinn, who reveals that he's working with the Clairvoyant. This leads to SHIELD hunting for Quinn in the subsequent episode, "T.R.A.C.K.S.". That's the episode with the weird nonlinear storytelling device where they're infiltrating a train in Italy. The episode ends with Daisy (then going by the name "Skye") getting shot by Quinn. This leads straight into the next episode, "T.A.H.I.T.I.", in which John Garrett makes his first appearance and helps finding the GH.325 serum from the Guest House, which is used to save Skye. Following a brief interlude with Lady Sif and rogue Asgardian Lorelei in the episode "Yes Men", which sees Skye recovering from her injuries, we already get to "End of the Beginning", which features the hunt for the Clairvoyant, which leads straight into the big Hydra reveal episode "Turn, Turn, Turn". Following that comes "Providence", in which Ward and Garrett take the Fridge. So the only really time skips are the search for Ian Quinn and Skye's recovery, with "Yes Men" taking place during that latter period. Other than that, the timeline is pretty tightly plotted, which makes it a little hard to believe that Hydra was able to brainwash Gill so quickly inside a mostly SHIELD-controlled facility.

A minor detail that makes sense in retrospect is when Ward, under the influence of Lorelei, fights May in "Yes Men". Just as the collar that turns off Lorelei's power is put on her neck, Ward aims his gun at May and pulls the trigger, only to realize that she had managed to remove the ammo clip without him noticing. Ward then says that he's himself again. Since at that time, the audience didn't know yet that Ward was secretly Hydra, it initially seemed that him trying to shoot May had simply overlapped with him being freed from Lorelei's control. However, in retrospect it becomes clear that he was planning to cross off May as a potential future threat to his and Garrett's plans, and then blaming it on him still being under Lorelei's control for a few more seconds. Kudos there.

Character relationships are pretty weird in the early episodes. Fitz has a crush on Skye, Skye turns out to be colluding with her hacker boyfriend and then has a bracelet put on her wrist for a few episodes that limits her ability to use computers before she manages to locate Coulson, who has been kidnapped by Centipede. May is secretly reporting to Fury about Coulson's condition. Fitz and Simmons are initially collectively referred to as "Fitz-Simmons" by everyone, and the episode that starts the romantic tension between them is clearly "FZZT", in which Simmons gets infected with a Chitauri virus and Fitz risks his own life trying to help save her. Speaking of viruses, there are episodes in which actors are clearly suffering from a sinus infection based on how their voices sound compared to other episodes. I've become more attentive to this in the wake of the Big Event of 2020. For one of her appearances either in season 1 or season 2, Jaimie Alexander (Lady Sif) has it, and either the episode before or after, it's Elizabeth Henstridge (Simmons), so it stands to reason that there might have been a spread on the set at the time.

By the way, the alien writing that eventually turns out to be part of the map to the underground Kree city in season 2 is first seen in the season 1 episode "Eye Spy", when Ward uses special glasses with a hidden camera to infiltrate a base in Belarus in place of Akela Amador, whose eye has been replaced with an implant by an organisation that later turns out to be Centipede. So... did Garrett know at the time that SHIELD had hijacked his operation? If so, why didn't he cross off Amador? Was he just relying on Ward to complete the mission? Then why didn't he kill Amador once he had completed the mission objective? Also, how did that writing end up in a science lab in Belarus when it was a side effect of a drug given to SHIELD operatives as part of the TAHITI program? And how did Garrett know about all of that in the first place long before being given the drug? It's not like this is later ignored - in season 2, Coulson asks Ward about the writing, and Ward explicitly confirms that the first time he saw it was in Belarus.

Speaking of drugs - the original Centipede serum is claimed in the pilot episode to be based on Extremis, on which I call bullcrap, since initially its only real effect appears to be "super-strength", plus that pesky "making its users explode" side effect, but what is completely ignored is the original primary purpose of Extremis as seen in Iron Man 3, namely to regrow missing body parts. If the Centipede serum was really based on Extremis, it alone would have already been all Garrett would have needed for his condition. Also, Mike Peterson wouldn't have needed all those cyborg parts either, since he could have just regrown his missing leg and eye. So that mention of "Extremis" is simply there as a movie tie-in reference, with no real relation to the substance as seen in the movie other than the name and vague "dangerously unstable superpowers" capabilities.

Anyway. Bill Paxton as John Garrett is already hamming his way through every scene he's in from the moment he first steps on the screen, but once he turns out to be evil, he really begins chewing the scenery. A lot.

Fury's eventual explanation for why he did what he did to Coulson, and Coulson just accepting that ("break in case of emergency", Coulson replies that this was meant for the case when an Avenger dies, and Fury replies "exactly"), is pretty weak (what makes this one particular agent so special, other than "plot relevance"?), considering all the build-up to that confrontation in the previous episodes going back all the way to "T.A.H.I.T.I.". Admittedly, not as weak as some of the "explanations" we get in the second half of season 2, but more on that later.

The CG is pretty bad at times, as are the greenscreen effects, especially when characters are sitting inside the cockpit of a plane and the lighting on their faces looks extremely off compared to the background outside the plane's windows.

I had completely forgotten what a massive and ill-defined organisation pre-"Winter Soldier" SHIELD was. They had official offices in all sorts of countries, with locals among the ranks of their agents, and the authority to freely operate in those countries with full approval of local authorities, including an office in Hong Kong! How exactly did that work?

Before Ward turned out to be a traitor, there was some romantic tension being set up between him and Skye/Daisy. I assume a lot of fans were shipping them at the time. Obviously, all of that quickly went out of the window once he had his face-heel turn. Brett Dalton completely changed his approach to playing the character following that reveal, going from the reserved professional who doesn't like getting too attached to a very creepy, unstable psychopath who somehow still thinks there's a future for him and Skye. However, his continued murder spree keeps burning all the bridges he is still trying to build, and season 2 only continues that trend. I'd be curious to know how many people were still shipping them after he brutally murdered Eric Koenig.

Another thing that bothered me was the behavior of some of the characters in "Repairs". So they have a woman in their custody on the Bus whom they assume to have dangerous, potentially deadly superpowers, and Fitz and Simmons think this is a good time to play pranks on Skye? While they're on a mission? This cannot wait? Seriously? Also, May plays a prank on Fitz at the end of the episode, which is supposed to harken back to her more light-hearted personality pre-Bahrain, but ends up being completely out of character for the rest of the series. And I'm seriously supposed to believe a superstitious woman who believes in literal demons and being abandoned by God is working as a laboratory safety supervisor at a high tech company that experiments with inter-dimensional portals?

We never really get an explanation for why Coulson would keep up pretending that he's dead to the Avengers, and really only to them. Maria Hill knows he's alive, General Glenn Talbot knows he's alive, and I have a hard time believing he would keep this a secret from his superiors. The conspiracy to maintain the official status of Coulson as deceased becomes more and more absurd as the show progresses, and the occiasional allusions (insisting that he prefered Thor learned from him rather than from Sif, or telling Maria Hill to say hello to Tony Stark, only to remember that Stark still believes him to be dead) aren't really helping. It soon seems that Coulson is really only deliberately withholding that information from the Avengers, while being completely okay with the rest of the world knowing just as long as these particular people don't find out, for reasons that are never explained. I can only hope he eventually told them at some point prior to "Age of Ultron", since the pretense is never brought up again in season 2. However, I seem to recall it still being relevant in season 4, since wasn't that one of the main reasons for installing Jeffrey Mace as the new Director of SHIELD so they could go public again without Coulson being out in the open? What the hell.

Those are just the things I remember from rewatching season 1. Next up: Season 2, and how the second half is much worse than I remembered it. 

Edited by Nevermore, 18 January 2021 - 05:57 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Shield, Coulson, MCU, Agents of Shield

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users