Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Discussion - SPOILERS

Marvel Shield Coulson MCU Agents of Shield

3029 replies to this topic

#3001 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

Hey new crew member aboard. Im cool with how they pulled it off. But where the heck is Fitz already! Isnt this already the halfway point of the season?

Edited by Daith, 20 June 2020 - 02:45 PM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#3002 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Hey new crew member aboard. Im cool with how they pulled it off. But where the heck is Fitz already! Isnt this already the halfway point of the season?

Halfway? We're only four episodes in. The season isn't that short.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3003 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

For some reason I thought we only had 8 episodes. Glad to be wrong.

#3004 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 9097 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 June 2020 - 09:20 PM

Did they fix the timeline yet?

#3005 Nevermore

Nevermore

Unionized and proud of it.

• Supporter
  • 13490 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:39 AM

Episode 3. 

Sousa. Yaaaay, Sousa. Everything that has Enver Gjokaj is automatically at least 50% better than without him. He's an amazingly versatile actor, and rarely anything make proper use of the full extent of his skills. Still. Nice Agent Carter throwback there.

And of course Area 51 is a SHIELD installation. Of course. Best line of the episode: "Wow, conspiracy me was SO right." Yay, acknowledging how "Skye" started out as a conspiracy freak in season 1 before evolving into a proper SHIELD agent over the course of six seasons. Also, acknowledging her hacker skills (though to no avail due to the limitations of antiquated technology), which is a rarity in the later seasons.

So SHIELD already existed in the early 1950s? Which means it wasn't long after the end of Agent Carter season 2 that the organization was founded (although the "Agent Carter" One-Shot should be out of continuity now due to her own series).

aR2oX8u.jpg
Big thanks to my dad for playing along with this visual recreation.

#3006 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13490 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:15 PM

Episode 4. Easily the best episode of the season thus far. I could have done without the black and white gimmick or Coulson's pretentious narration (even though they tried to rationalize it in-story at the end as a by-product of a slight malfunction of the Coulson LMD) and the "comic relief" with Enoch that's getting old by this point, but otherwise, it was pretty solid all around. Most importantly, everyone laid off the stupid pills and remembered they were highly experienced SHIELD agents. Lots of smart decisions all around - Coulson improvising his cover story, Coulson calling Enoch, Enoch having set up a way to establish quick communication with the Zephyr, Sousa realizing that Hydra lady was setting him up, them coming up with a plan to save Sousa's life while preserving history... I like when the characters are doing the smart thing. Not sure I care much for the "May isn't feeling anything anymore unless she touches someone and shares their emotions" subplot or the "Yo-yo's powers are malfunctioning" subplot. I know, comic book adaptation, silly side plots, but come oooon.

Sousa joining the cast is also welcome. As mentioned before, I like Enver Gjokaj.

Just a few minor nitpicks that didn't ruin the eisode for me, unlike the gajillion "what an idiot" moments in previous episodes:

- Why does Sousa only notice the SHIELD insignia at the end? It was right there when he stole the motorcycle!

- How come Sousa on that motorcycle could get to the hotel so fast? The Zephyr should have caught up with him in no time. A jet is a lot faster than a motorcycle.

- How did they successfully fake Sousa's death when there was no body to be identified once they had extracted both the real Sousa and Coulson the decoy?

Also, one thing that has been bugging me all season is the overall plot of the Chronicoms. It makes no sense based on what we know.

- The original problem was that their home planet was destroyed by Izel and the Shrike.

- They wanted to obtain the means of time travel from Simmons and Fitz so they could undo the destruction of their homeworld.

- Because Fitz and Simmons refused to cooperate, they decided to invade Earth instead.

- Now they have the means of time travel, the thing they initially wanted. Instead, they're using it to ensure the invasion of Earth goes without interruption by retroactively wiping SHIELD from existence because...?

Edited by Nevermore, 26 June 2020 - 04:21 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#3007 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3250 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

Because with no SHIELD they can successfully invade earth unopposed.

Avengers might disagree but I think pulling these threads are also meant to stop SHIELD from initiating the Avengers Initiative.

Edit: I just realized something I'll spoiler tag, since it involves the next episode.

Spoiler

Edited by Kup, 27 June 2020 - 11:57 AM.

"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#3008 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13490 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:57 PM

Because with no SHIELD they can successfully invade earth unopposed.

Yes, but why the need for invading Earth? They have the power of time travel, the thing they originally wanted. Invading Earth was just plan B. Plan A was travelling back in time and preventing their planet's destruction. Now they have the thing they needed for plan A, the lack of which necessitated plan B in the first place, and instead they use that thing to go through with plan B since it has gotten too difficult or whatever.

At this point, going back to plan A would seem like the more plausible alternative. It's like a supervillain who invests millions of dollars into a battlesuit so he can rob a bank and steal a million dollars.

I hope we get a better explanation for the Chronicoms' plan eventually, because right now it makes no sense. Why Earth? I mean, other than "it's the planet the audience cares for". There are lots of inhabited planets in the MCU, supposedly the Chronicoms might even be able to terraform an uninhabited planet, or they could, again, use time travel to follow their original plan A without screwing over people they only have a beef with in the first place because they refused to help them with their original plan.

At this point it seems like a very petty revenge scheme with no clear end goal whatsoever left.

Meanwhile, episode 5. Spoiler tags, I guess?

Spoiler

Edited by Nevermore, 02 July 2020 - 07:11 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#3009 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:08 PM

At this point I'm just waiting until the eventual Ward comeback episode :rolleyes

#3010 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13490 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

At this point I'm just waiting until the eventual Ward comeback episode :rolleyes

I'm still a little sad they didn't somehow bring Good Guy Ward from the Framework into the real world at the end of season 4 in the same way Aida got herself a human body. Framework Ward was kinda fun.

It would have created some interesting drama insofar as nobody would trust him, and he'd have to try to convince everyone that no matter what "their" Ward did, he's a different person.

Also, in general, him having to cope with a reality that's different than his. Maybe he'd eventually get a heroic sacrifice in season 5 or something.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#3011 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:55 PM

As interesting as Good Guy Ward could've been, I'd rather Tripp have returned.

Tripp was cool. I miss him.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#3012 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29022 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

You're asking why Earth?  Why invade Earth over all the rest of the universe?  Think about it.  What is the 3 things in the Universe the Earth has access too that the rest of the Universe does not?

Infinity Stones.

Ironbite-bet any amount of money that's what the Chronicoms are after.

xC9l3eY.gif

#3013 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:11 PM

That implies they are involving the movies events in this. That's not really something that's been a thing since season 2.

#3014 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:22 PM

Season 5 directly mentioned Thanos and showed TV footage of the Black Order's invasion of New York from Infinity War.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#3015 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

Ok and did we ever feel the effects from that? Because I don't think we had the fall out of that really appear in show. I know we occasionally get reference points but After Sif's appearance in season 2 I don't think anything has ever really crossed over and it'd be weird for them to try to pull something so direct from the films now.

Edited by Daith, 03 July 2020 - 11:35 PM.

#3016 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13490 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:25 AM

Also, if they're just after the Infinity Stones, why not just go straight for the Infinity Stones instead of going through a convoluted time travel -> erase SHIELD from existence -> conquer all of Earth -> get the stones plot? There's no logical A leads to B leads to C involved in that theory. It's more like get pants -> ? -> profit.

The more convoluted steps the Chronicoms' plan requires, the less sense any potential end goal is going to make. And you can't tell me Earth is super duper important to them because it got destroyed in the alternate future we saw in season 5, and the Chronicoms seemed fine. Sure, they wanted to prevent its destruction through time travel, but the implication back then was that whoever was in charge of the Chronicoms back then simply didn't want to see any civilizaton destroyed. It was only after the destruction of their homeworld that they had set their sights on Earth, and again, their obsession with this particular planet Just. Makes. No. Sense. 

Edited by Nevermore, 04 July 2020 - 05:30 AM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

#3017 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30596 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:55 AM

Ok and did we ever feel the effects from that? Because I don't think we had the fall out of that really appear in show. I know we occasionally get reference points but After Sif's appearance in season 2 I don't think anything has ever really crossed over and it'd be weird for them to try to pull something so direct from the films now.

The was also the Sokovia Accords being forced upon Coulson's team by Talbot, with Daisy, Elena, and the other Inhumans they had on their team at the time being pestered to register themselves while they were in the middle of the whole ordeal with Hive.

Plus, there's also the fact that, from Civil War to Inifinity War, the five films released between those two either took place somewhere not on Earth or were just so self-contained that their events wouldn't have been able to meaningfully tie-in with Agents of SHIELD anyway.

As time went on, the MCU made more and more films whose events became less and less relevant to be referenced by the show. Only Civil War and Infinity War made sense for the show to acknowledge since those films' events were relevant to either the government (which SHIELD is tied to) or the whole world's security (which SHIELD is involved with).

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 July 2020 - 08:56 AM.

#3018 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8738 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:16 AM

Also, if they're just after the Infinity Stones, why not just go straight for the Infinity Stones instead of going through a convoluted time travel -> erase SHIELD from existence -> conquer all of Earth -> get the stones plot? There's no logical A leads to B leads to C involved in that theory. It's more like get pants -> ? -> profit.

this is a tv show. needlessly convoluted plots are s.o.p.

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#3019 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1400 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

this is a tv show. needlessly convoluted plots are s.o.p.

You watch shit tv then
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#3020 Nevermore

Nevermore

• Supporter
  • 13490 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Nevermore, 15 July 2020 - 06:44 PM.

aR2oX8u.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users