Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (25 June 2017 - 06:57 AM)

nobody here has moved past Wave 1. maybe if they hadn't crammed it with repaints....

@  Noideaforaname : (25 June 2017 - 06:46 AM)

Nitro's gonna be a pain in the butt to find, isn't he?

@  Pennpenn : (25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM)

Actually, on the subject of TLK toys, the voyager Nitro Zues or whatver looks pretty good. If I see it cheap I might give it to the Thunderwing head.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

Photo

Arrow

1710 replies to this topic

#1641 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7443 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

This show drives me bugnuts insane each and every time Ollie breaks out the "do as I say, not as I do" no-killing speech.

This episode, he did it while the bodies were still burning in the wreckage of the helicopter he'd just shot down.

I'm actually fine with Oliver killing, I just can't stand the triteness of him doing so and then trying to convince others to "be better" than him.

(And no, self defense is not what marks the difference between what Ollie did and what he was trying to stop Tina from doing. It doesn't count as self defense if you go out looking for armed gunmen to fight)
3DS Friend Code: 0490-6399-8582

#1642 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

There's a difference between taking down people shooting at you during a firefight, and going after a particular person with solely for the purpose of killing them.

VOTE FOR SNAPDRAGON: GETTING KRUNK SINCE 1987!

card-snapdragon.jpg

#1643 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7443 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

As I said, when you're the one who starts the fight, that difference is just quibbling.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-6399-8582

#1644 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 709 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

As I said, when you're the one who starts the fight, that difference is just quibbling.

Not in Florida!

LOOKDOWN.png

#1645 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Oliver doesn't seem to have much of a problem with Rene and Diggle shooting lots of people.

#1646 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Didn't like this episode simply because I feel this season's already stuffed with new characters, and I can't bring myself to care about a FOURTH Canary at this point.

That said, I really like Talia and hope to see more of her. Hope we see her and Nyssa team up at some point too.

Diggle being freed felt like a big anticlimax, but I guess getting Spartan back sooner is preferable to a bunch of courtroom scenes.

#1647 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

Nyssa's actress is a regular on another show.  We may or may not get to see her again this season.

card-snapdragon.jpg

#1648 Rodimal

Rodimal

To strive, to seek, to find, and NOT to Yield...

• Citizen
  • 1014 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

This show drives me bugnuts insane each and every time Ollie breaks out the "do as I say, not as I do" no-killing speech.

This episode, he did it while the bodies were still burning in the wreckage of the helicopter he'd just shot down.

I'm actually fine with Oliver killing, I just can't stand the triteness of him doing so and then trying to convince others to "be better" than him.

(And no, self defense is not what marks the difference between what Ollie did and what he was trying to stop Tina from doing. It doesn't count as self defense if you go out looking for armed gunmen to fight)

There is a difference between killing in battle (i.e taking down the gang of a dangerous Drug Lord who instead of surrendering yelled "Kill them all!") and premeditated murder. That is what Ollie is trying to keep people (including himself) from doing. Ollie finally understands the difference (and understands that some people through their actions are so heinous that the only way to deal with them is to take the out with extreme prejudice).  

card-hotrod.jpg

Look Up!

#1649 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:57 AM

Okay, so, who exactly was that talking with Susan Williams at the end?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1650 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:30 AM

We don't know yet. Maybe Prometheus (unknown to her)?

card-snapdragon.jpg

#1651 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 15391 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:15 AM

So far, he's just "guy who Susan hired to dig up dirt."  He's appeared before on the "What's Ollie really been doing?" subplot.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1652 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

Thanks.  It's hard to remember.  Her appearances are so short and sporadic.

I think it would be kind of cool if Talia was actually Prometheus (or at least directly trained him), taking revenge for Ollie screwing up the League of Assassins, and rejecting their teachings.

Edited by D Buster Prime, 09 February 2017 - 12:01 PM.

card-snapdragon.jpg

#1653 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

As much as this latest episode was a drawn out in-your-face gun PSA, Rene's backstory was handled well.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1654 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 15391 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

I did like that they covered all the bases without forcing anyone into a position that was against their character (including having "I don't wanna talk about this issue" white privilege).  Also, it really didn't matter what side Oliver came down on, he'd be a hypocrite.  ;)

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1655 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

In the span of a day, Oliver enacts gun control measures that everyone is cool with.  Possibly the most preposterous thing they've done in a season that's featured an alien armada and him finding a woman with the exact same name and powers as his dead lover.

Did Vigilante seem wounded at all in his short appearance?  I've been thinking for awhile that he's NOT Adrian, and this reinforces that for me.

Really weird that Ollie's reporter girlfriend dominates the topic of conversation in the opening, and is nowhere to be seen at the press conference.  This season is still struggling to juggle all the characters it has.  (Perhaps counter to that argument though, I miss Rory already, he was easily the most likable of the new team.)

Edited by Aberration, 16 February 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#1656 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 21719 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

Did Vigilante seem wounded at all in his short appearance?

Not really. But then again, didn't move around that much, mostly just stood still and raised his arms to shoot his gun.

#1657 Dvandom

Dvandom

• Supporter
  • 15391 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Well, it seemed that everyone was cool with the law because it didn't really do anything.  All the Actual Law Stuff that people objected to during the episode was explicitly eliminated, and that doesn't leave a lot of ways it could actually control guns.  Of course, it was also unrealistic that the anti-gun-control councilwoman wasn't explicitly in the pocket of the NRA, and was merely acting out of personal convictions that she could waive because it would look bad to oppose the law.  In reality, they're a lot more cartoonishly over-the-top in refusing to consider anything that even resembles gun control.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1658 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

WTCHOP?!!!

• Staff
  • 23665 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

It seemed that the councilwoman backed off her objection to increased gun registration requirements in exchange for not altering the limits on what guns people could actually buy.

card-snapdragon.jpg

#1659 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2483 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

I will say that the climax, where you assume Oliver is going to show up to the hospital as Green Arrow, but instead he talks down the shooter, man to man, that was really well done.  I think the show had more to say in that moment than with all the repeated talking points we got through the rest of the hour.

#1660 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8512 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

I wish they had actually elaborated on the magical gun control plan that everyone was happy with.  We could really use that.  Even the anti-gun-control Councilwoman approved of it without having time to actually read it.

Vigilante was definitely moving without the difficulty that Adrian was displaying moments before.  But this show isn't big on logical consistency.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users