Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (16 December 2017 - 01:18 AM)

Bismillah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 December 2017 - 12:30 AM)

DOOT DOO DEDOODOO

@  MEDdMI : (16 December 2017 - 12:16 AM)

MAHNA MAHNA

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 December 2017 - 12:12 AM)

Though we touched and went our separate ways...

@  Echowarrior : (15 December 2017 - 09:56 PM)

We're running with the shadows of the night...

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 December 2017 - 03:42 PM)

Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree?

@  Bass X0 : (15 December 2017 - 02:50 PM)

We're not gonna sit in silence, we're not gonna live with fear

@  lastmaximal : (15 December 2017 - 10:54 AM)

WHOA WHOAA WHOAAAAAAA-OH

@  unluckiness : (15 December 2017 - 10:20 AM)

Not that song, that's for sure

@  Pennpenn : (15 December 2017 - 08:29 AM)

What's new pussycat?

@  Bass X0 : (14 December 2017 - 06:51 PM)

Neither is it unusual to be loved by anyone.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 December 2017 - 11:30 PM)

I mean it's not unusual for Starz content to be on Netflix...it just gets a bit more of a notice ahead of time :p

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 10:32 PM)

@Steevy It popped up out of nowhere. No one knew it was coming until it was just suddenly there. It was kind of surprising for everyone.

@  Paladin : (13 December 2017 - 09:52 PM)

i don't remember that League. was Charizard there?

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 December 2017 - 09:29 PM)

WHY WAS I NOT NOTIFIED ASH VS EVIL DEAD WAS ON NETFLIX?!

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 07:37 PM)

Yeah,Mrs Shrug actually had to return something already. She managed to buy me the thing I bought the day before the embargo went in effect and noticed in on my shelf a week later.

@  MidnightFox : (13 December 2017 - 05:40 PM)

She makes me buy my own present and then wraps it because she doesn't want to attempt to figure out what I own already. :D

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 05:31 PM)

But she did grant an exception for half off and free shipping on that RID Bee and Grimlock set

@  Shrug : (13 December 2017 - 05:31 PM)

My marriage only has a no-toys rule during December, so I dont run the risk of doubling a Christmas present

@  MidnightFox : (13 December 2017 - 05:28 PM)

Been together since '03 and married 10 of that. ;)

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 December 2017 - 05:12 PM)

hang on to that one, then. I've found it rare to meet someone that doesn't hassle you about spending money after a certain point in the relationship

@  MidnightFox : (13 December 2017 - 05:02 PM)

I'm married and Bass is still dead on

@  TM2-Megatron : (13 December 2017 - 04:53 PM)

As long as you aren't married, anyway

@  Bass X0 : (13 December 2017 - 04:47 PM)

being an adult means you can buy all the toys, games and gadgets you want when you want without having to wait until christmas for them

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 December 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Save it for your momma.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 December 2017 - 08:44 AM)

We could depict the ensuing chaos in an Obama llama drama diorama.

@  Patchouli Kn... : (13 December 2017 - 06:22 AM)

That's just asking for Obama llama drama.

@  Echowarrior : (12 December 2017 - 10:44 PM)

For pun value, the ideal plush animal for Obama would be a llama. It rhymes.

@  Shrug : (12 December 2017 - 03:31 PM)

My game clan and all our servers just shut down. No warning to any of us outside upper admin. :(

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2017 - 01:55 PM)

But a stuffed monkey in a little suit would be adorablooohhh I get it now.

@  Paladin : (12 December 2017 - 11:21 AM)

knowing the people behind it, the Obama stuffed animal would probably be a monkey.

@  Pennpenn : (12 December 2017 - 06:43 AM)

The only thing that would make that even dumber would be if there had been some "Obama bear" made at some point and Trump had made a tweet scorning it.

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 December 2017 - 12:14 AM)

Just look up the horror of "Trumpy Bear"

@  Steevy Maximus : (12 December 2017 - 12:14 AM)

$40 for a teddy bear with Trump's "trademark hair". Can't stop milking his image even in office...

@  RichardT1977 : (11 December 2017 - 12:44 PM)

*sigh* We are so wonderfully, awesomely lame.

@  D Buster Prime : (11 December 2017 - 12:30 AM)

Game over Boyzz!

@  D Buster Prime : (11 December 2017 - 12:29 AM)

Time to put on your 3D glasses!

@  Shrug : (10 December 2017 - 09:55 PM)

Looks like lasers are back on the menu, boys!

@  RichardT1977 : (10 December 2017 - 06:44 PM)

It's Laser Time, Boyz!

@  TriBlurr : (10 December 2017 - 06:23 PM)

Listen up y'all! Your the Boyz brigade. When its laser Time put on the 3D shades

@  RichardT1977 : (10 December 2017 - 04:51 PM)

You know he fights the Corp, he's the Bots Master!

@  Dracula : (10 December 2017 - 04:45 PM)

anime ja nai

@  Liege : (10 December 2017 - 01:07 PM)

ZZ for short.

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 December 2017 - 10:37 AM)

I understood that reference.

@  Bass X0 : (10 December 2017 - 09:25 AM)

But Ziv Zulander doesn't.

@  Paladin : (10 December 2017 - 09:08 AM)

"Zoolander" sucks.

@  Nutjob R/T : (09 December 2017 - 12:11 AM)

Are you serious? I just told you like, a second ago

@  Shrug : (08 December 2017 - 10:38 PM)

But why male models?

@  BlackMax : (08 December 2017 - 06:30 PM)

Because they're too big for carrier pidgeons...?

@  Shrug : (08 December 2017 - 02:16 PM)

But why male models?

Photo

Arrow

1723 replies to this topic

#21 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(Kevin S @ Oct 14 2012, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Called him Deathstroke, not Slade.

Good. Not that I plan to follow this show but good.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#22 Wickerness

Wickerness

Professional Lurker

• Supporter
  • 1342 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Well Teen Titans did call him Slade because the whole "Death" thing in his name and they had to be more kid friendly. Glad they are going with Deathstroke, but I can understand why some would say Slade.

#23 Daith

Daith

Star Wars season is upon us!

• Supporter
  • 8006 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ Oct 14 2012, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo, hug Smallville. That jive was terrible. Perhaps worse than the Adventures of Lois and Clark. Perhaps worse than Superman 3 and 4. Although we were all younger people when it came out so we didn't notice, but if they took the same production values and put them on a new show without something we're as eager to see, we'd all laugh at it. To prove my point: Aquaman!

Will watch Arrow later.

HAHAHAHAHA Thats funny! Oh wait your serious aren't you!? icon-wildride.gif Saying Lois and Clark was a good series compared to anything else is just *SHUDDER* I just don't get the hate for Smallville in comparison to Superman the Soap Opera. Yes Smallville was Superman free for the 99% of the series but was the acting as cheesy as all get out and so filled with 90's camp as L&C. I can't say too much as I do own all of L&C but upon watching through it in recent years I just can't keep it on without laughing at how bad it was. I love it but Smallvile was aces better of a tv series than L&C.
3DS Friend Codes : 1633-4354-6578 and 4270-3512-2442 Username: Daith (on both) Pokemon profiles - Trainer Name: X-Phil, Y-Emma Lynn, OR- Mara, AS- Ron Nintendo WiiU ID: Daithirian

#24 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7458 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

I really enjoyed Smallville when it first started. Hated it between season 5.5 and 8. Liked it again at season 9.

This caught me. It didn't get me as excited as some shows, but it was enough to ensure that I check out a couple more episodes and see how it goes.
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#25 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Wickerness @ Oct 14 2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Teen Titans did call him Slade because the whole "Death" thing in his name and they had to be more kid friendly. Glad they are going with Deathstroke, but I can understand why some would say Slade.

My speculation...PURELY from the shot in the pilot of the mask and the teaser footage, that "Deathstroke" won't be an individual, but rather an identity passed around.

#26 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Wickerness @ Oct 12 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know a lot about Green Arrrow's back story in the comics. Were both parents killed off? If this is changed, I was wondering if they were just trying to make him a bit more different than Batman. I do know there have been some similarities between the two, except GA isn't as apparently dark.

IIRC, his parents are dead at the start, but not in a "Wahh, my parents are dead!!! way" just as in, they died at some point. He's then shipwrecked, learns to use a bow, goes back etc.

#27 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10172 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Oct 16 2012, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IIRC, his parents are dead at the start, but not in a "Wahh, my parents are dead!!! way

And now I'm visualizing Ollie (the comics/YJ guy with the sense of humour, not this one) doing an impression of Batman.

(Who is, of course, standing right behind him.)

#28 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9600 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Anyone else in love with action scenes in this? I wish the rest of the show was as good a quality. The acting is incredibly mediocre.

#29 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

The action is indeed shot very well. That's the only positive thing I can say about the show.

#30 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 37957 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

So I watched the first episode. It didn't outright suck. In fact, I rather enjoyed it.

Especially in how Ollie tends to skip the subterfuge with his bodyguard. I will keep watching, if the writers are any good: it'll hit a grand stride and be a great story.

#31 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7069 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I personally still like the show and will continue watching it. Remeber, for those of you who liked Smallville, the first few season were hard to watch. Villan of the week got old after awhile and the cave drawings were a weird twist in the story. I think the show just needs more time to develop and it will be good...although Im still guessing a JLA type team will be formed towards the end of it.

#32 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 34301 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Darth_Prime @ Oct 19 2012, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally still like the show and will continue watching it. Remeber, for those of you who liked Smallville, the first few season were hard to watch. Villan of the week got old after awhile and the cave drawings were a weird twist in the story. I think the show just needs more time to develop and it will be good...although Im still guessing a JLA type team will be formed towards the end of it.

Not just Smallville, but Supernatural was also really slow and dragged there heels till they stumbled across their ongoing plot. So even if is seem lame now, CW's actions shows tend to get better with time. Maybe sit the first season out, and give it a shot after its over to see if it have real potential.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#33 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 10172 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hell, all shows have a learning curve. I'm liking this fine for now; it's setting up plot coupons that'll pay off down the road. I especially like Ollie's gradual development from a targeted vengeance-seeker. He's just now realizing that the secret identity thing is going to be harder than he expected.

#34 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7069 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Maybe in this one we will get to see a Bruce Wayne or Hal Jordan cameo. Wish we could of gotten some of those in Smallville.

Speaking of, I like how Ollie is taking the opposite direction of what Bruce Wayne does with his "civillian" life. Shucking off the company, acting like a spoiled rich kid who doesnt care about the job vs trying to run the multi billion dollar company.

Edited by Darth_Prime, 19 October 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#35 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59625 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I've seen people complain about everything from the acting, to the renaming of the city to the "He shot them with arrows but they didn't die" stuff..

Personally, I've liked both episodes I've seen and have few complaints because I understand no show gets it right on day one (Well, very rarely).

Star Trek TNG wasn't good until season 3.

Plus, I have zero investment in the source. When I was reading comics in high school I was a Marvel guy through and through. What little I knew about DC amounted to Superman and a bunch of other people who had "the strength of 10 men!".

Green Arrow was just the "faggy Robin Hood looking guy" so to me anything they do with him is an improvement of my first impressions.

#36 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE(Darth_Prime @ Oct 19 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Putting aside how I feel about this show I find this to be a rather weird argument.
"That show sucked in the beginning too!"
So you're saying this show sucks?

#37 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 34301 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Oct 19 2012, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Putting aside how I feel about this show I find this to be a rather weird argument.

I think its more "Look at how well it ended up becoming, compared to where it started from"

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#38 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(Database @ Oct 19 2012, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Oct 19 2012, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think its more "Look at how well it ended up becoming, compared to where it started from"

Still pretty much irrelevant when the show is three episodes old.

"It might get really good!" is hardly incentive to put aside all the issues one may have with it.

Edited by Cheetimus Primal, 19 October 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#39 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

• Retired Staff
  • 48474 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

And I'm not trying to argue about the show seeing as people get pretty pissed off and take it mildly personally when you say a show they like sucks. I'm just saying that particular argument is bad.

#40 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7069 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Im not saying it sucks, but Im not saying its great either. Its 2 episodes old and just needs more time to develope. Although I think they might be rushing things, giving him Deadshot in the 3rd episode and Deathstroke later this season. Its almost like they are going to try and squeeze in as much as they can in case it gets canned. Maybe 1 big bad villan spread out of the course of a season, dont just bring these guys in the 1st season for 1 or 2 episodes and not be able to use them again in later seasons should it continue on.

As for the comment earlier about the action scenes being to short, that was the problem with Smallville as well. The Doomsday fight was what, about 45 seconds? All of the other fights were done in less than that? Understandable they wouldnt do the whole Death of Superman story in Smallville, but they at least could of given it a longer fight. Honestly though, I think Doomsday was stupid to bring in anyway to that particular show anyway.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users