Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

Photo

Arrow - CW TV series discussion

1764 replies to this topic

#1741 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:57 AM

Surprisingly, out of the 3 premieres we've had so far, this one has me most interested in the year to come.

Appreciate them bringing in Radu's coffee shop from the Kyle Rayner Green Lantern books.

Shouldn't Cody Rhodes' character be held in a metahuman prison?  Obviously, the real reason why he's there is because Amell wanted to do his friend a favor, but it seems a little unlikely that the character would be put there, or could be held there for long.

#1742 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27854 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

I'm actually rather curious about the "Grown up William seeks Oliver on Lian Yu" B-plot. Is it the future? The past with time travel involved? Something else entirely? Who knows.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1743 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 626 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:09 PM

Thats not Oliver its Roy!

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#1744 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:48 AM

I didn't really catch on to that until I read the talkbacks.  That scene was so dark, plus I'm so used to Roy's eerily-smooth face.  This rougher look definitely suits him though.

I keep going back and forth on whether Roy is the new Green Arrow.  GA had Roy's habit of doing unnecessary parkour in the middle of battle, but I think that's meant to mislead us.

#1745 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27854 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

I'm honestly considering the possibility of the Green Arrow impostor being 

Spoiler

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1746 Dessl0ck

Dessl0ck
  • Citizen
  • 693 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:21 AM

I'm guessing the new GA is 

Spoiler
It's not like stranger stuff hasn't occurred.

The Once and Future Leader

#1747 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9100 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

I feel like a lot of the inmates in prison with Oliver are people that I'm supposed to remember from earlier seasons, but I don't.

#1748 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11810 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Season 8 will be the last run for CW's Emerald Archer. 

https://www.superher...-after-season-8

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#1749 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27630 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

Damn.  Hate to see it go but it's time.

xC9l3eY.gif

#1750 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38813 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:19 PM

I stopped watching the show four years ago, I found it to be too repetitive and I didn't care for them repeating the same lessons over and over. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1751 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3139 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

While I'll be a bit sad to see Arrow end but I think its about time, really, I think the show kind of lost its way in season 6 when they no longer had Oilver's back story and the season stories began to drag out and the villians aren't that great, the first four were desent, the fifth ok, I guess but he was bit more forgettable, the sixth, main villian, he just struck me as a bit of a moron or a hopeless cause, he built up to be someone who meant to be cunning and smart, yet, I just feel he lacks something to really make him really great, I think its what the actor brings to the role, he feels a bit standard bad guy, it might be just me on that! At least we can say Arrow had a good run with 8 seasons and two spin off series set in the same Universe, even if one is about travelling through time!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1752 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

Based on comments made in interviews, it's been very clear that Stephen Amell was going to be done with the show after season 8.  I was wondering if they were going to try to keep it going with Green Arrow 2, but recent events in-universe made that very unlikely even before this news came along.  It's still sad news though, especially when watching Amell get choked up on Facebook Live.

Judging from the shortened season, it looks like Arrow will bow out shortly after Crisis, and Batwoman will come in as a midseason replacement.

#1753 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1171 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:03 PM

At least five years longer than it should have lasted, nice to see them put the bullet in Old Yeller
LOOKDOWN.png

#1754 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

So...what do we call the Arrowverse now?  CWverse?  Flashverse?

#1755 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38813 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

CWerse would be a good name for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see the CWerse start to get cancelled as soon as the contracts run out. I mean, DC is pushing their own streaming service and all, so it would make sense to push the shows there. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#1756 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

It'll always be the Arrowverse to me.

I think even a smaller broadcast network like the CW can still attract a larger audience than a young streaming service at this point. The bigger danger to the Arrowverse that I see is its ability to hold on to its leads.

Melissa Benoist definitely has opportunities beyond Supergirl, I seriously doubt that she'll stay for 8 years. Grant Gustin doesn't seem to have as many outside projects, but after Amell, he's been there the longest, so I feel it's only a matter of time before he's done.

As an ensemble show, I think Legends can weather cast departures better than the other shows, but I feel its high costs and low ratings will cause it to end sooner rather than later.

Edited by Aberration, 07 March 2019 - 12:45 PM.

#1757 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64817 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

It's been said that season 5 of Supergirl may be it's last (we are currently on season 4).  The rumor says that the ratings aren't very good and DC is considering making a Supergirl movie (with their whole not having more than one representation thing that would give them extra incentive to end the TV series).

ACItEK8.png

#1758 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 9100 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

I've been watching Arrow on momentum for quite a while now.  I'm not sorry to see it end, but I'm happy that they get the chance to write a final story arc.

#1759 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8962 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

As of now Flash seems to be the only show that still feels fun. Arrow has run it's course, and Supergirl is running it's politcal agenda much too strongly the last few seasons. Legends feels like it's been an afterthought since it was created. While still fun it's still clearly the Arrowverses b-team effort. Of course it sounds like Cisco is leaving the Flash after this season too, so there goes a good part of my favorite cast members there.

#1760 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27854 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:09 AM

So...what do we call the Arrowverse now?  CWverse?  Flashverse?

DCCWU

Or, DDCCWU ("Daring DC CW Universe", with "Daring" coming from the whole "Dare to Defy" thing) to really double things up.

:p

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users