Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

Photo

Arrow - CW TV series discussion

1786 replies to this topic

#1721 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29139 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

Wait ok so throughout the episode they make mention of the time Lance accused Oliver of being the Hood in season one but everyone seems to have totally forgotten the rather large spectacle that was made back in season three when he was accused of being the Arrow which seems odd.

Roy took the claim of being the Arrow, who was the Hood, whom Oliver was twice found innocent of not being. To the public eye of Star City, the Hood/Arrow and the Green Arrow are different people, with the latter carrying on the legacy of the former, and with Oliver now accused of being only the latter.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1722 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26114 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Wait ok so throughout the episode they make mention of the time Lance accused Oliver of being the Hood in season one but everyone seems to have totally forgotten the rather large spectacle that was made back in season three when he was accused of being the Arrow which seems odd.

Roy took the claim of being the Arrow, who was the Hood, whom Oliver was twice found innocent of not being. To the public eye of Star City, the Hood/Arrow and the Green Arrow are different people, with the latter carrying on the legacy of the former, and with Oliver now accused of being only the latter.

This.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#1723 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 646 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

No I know that and that distinction is even made in the episode by the FBI agent but Oliver says that hes been accused and cleared of being a vigilante once five years ago even though it happened twice and the second time was more recent

Edited by TF14, 21 October 2017 - 10:32 PM.

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#1724 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8045 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

I’m down with John being the Green Arrow, but Oliver’s speech all but danced around saying, “Your kid has both parents, so better you die than me.”
  • 000 likes this

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1725 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29139 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

I gotta say, in last night's episode, the fight scene that was overlaid by the talk between Felicity and William about Oliver's doing what he does for the sake of the city as the Green Arrow has to be one of the most touching moments of the whole series.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1726 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:13 PM

So, I've finally caught up on Arrow. Some quick thoughts.

Spoiler

Minor personal nitpick: while I get why they changed the costume, I still prefer Wild Dog's previous look. I think its the new mask that kills it for me.

--SoS

Edited by SoS, 04 March 2018 - 11:18 PM.

#1727 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

Everything that's happened since the midseason break has made me hate the new recruits and Oliver's son. We've lost Slade AGAIN because of the stupid movieverse. The villains they introduced this season are very underdeveloped. I'm hoping things get better, but right now, all I can do is shrug and think, "At least it's not The Flash..."

#1728 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9624 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

I'm purely hate-watching Arrow at this point. Basically all the main characters (except maybe Lance and Thea) are unlikable idiots incapable of having adult emotional reactions to anything. This "Arrow Civil War" storyline is entirely facilitated by everyone acting like massive dickheads for no real reason.

My Arrowverse power rankings stand very firmly at:

#1 - Legends of Tomorrow - the best by miles and miles
#2 - The Flash - more or less okay, far better than emo season 3
#3 - Supergirl - mostly on a par with The Flash, but all the romance sub-plots are brutally awful
#4 - Arrow - basically no redeeming features

Edited by Jalaguy, 06 March 2018 - 06:42 PM.

#1729 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9959 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Season 7 trailer, from SDCC 2018:

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#1730 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:04 AM

Just finished up this past year of Arrow. And yeah, everything after "Crisis" ended up being a damn train-wreck, and I can't count how many times I shouted at the screen because the characters ended up acting deeply, deeply stupid, and deeply unlikeable.

Rene became particularly intolerable, because his folding under pressure and ratting out Oliver to the FBI started an avalanche of problems, and he didn't actually apologize for it until the season was wrapping up. How many times did he go "Don't think this changes anything, hoss." when the fractured teams worked together? Three, four times? Then when it all goes straight to hell, he shoots at Oliver, and tries to take him out with an axe, and yet Oliver is terribad for putting Rene back in the hospital. LOL whut?

The less said about super-vengeful Dinah, the better, and they even ruined Curtis, with his "let's take out Diggle with his implant" idea, which was beyond scummy. And yeah, I got pissed at the original team-arrow too. I mean, NOBODY could grow the hell up and work things out until the whole city fell apart? Really? 

I couldn't stand Agent Watson, I couldn't stand Ricardo Diaz as a villain, and now it looks like I'll have to deal with his shitty presence again next season, and I overall just can't figure out what the writers were trying to accomplish here. 

Arrow better get better FAST next season, or I'm out.

Edited by CORVUS, 02 August 2018 - 06:56 PM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#1731 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1964 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:46 AM

@trailer: Oh yay my two least favorite things; prison arcs and villains who just won't go away.

Edited by fourteenwings, 08 August 2018 - 07:46 AM.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Japanimation Connoisseur✰

#1732 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3611 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

Honestly, I think last season of Arrow was rather weak, it came off a great finally to season 5, but with season 6, its main problem is the fact they can no longer really flash back to Oilver's five years in hell. As for the trailer, looks OK but I'm wondering how Oilver going to get out of jail, Diaz, he an ok villian but nowhere near as good as previous villians in the show, besides, Oilver didn't really take everything from him, he did it to himself, if only he had chosen a different city, he might of gotten what he wanted but he picked Star City

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1733 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Rather weak? That's more praise than it deserves. After the Earth-X crossover, it was flat-out awful.

The lack of flashbacks wasn't the problem, and that approach had run its course. The issue was "let's have character do X because plot", no matter how OOC and nonsensical it was, no matter how stupid it made each character look.

And Diaz was a ridiculous villian, who was little more than a thug, and yet had somehow managed to buy off almost everyone in Star City? With absolutely no explanation at all, because the writers decided to tell instead of show.

Oh, and don't get me started on how dead Diaz should have been after walking into that Quadrant meeting and demanding a seat at the table.

No, he's not a decent villain at all, and yet they're bringing him back for another go. Wonderful.

Edited by CORVUS, 09 August 2018 - 02:47 AM.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#1734 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:56 AM

Most of the Arrowverse shows have done so many stupid things, and characters being outright idiots that seem to forget a lesson they just learned the previous season, that I outright want Crisis to happen and all the shows get a slight reboot. Oh and merge some of these Earths together already.

--SoS

#1735 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

"The Flash" is especially egregious in the "don't bother learning any lessons" department. 

• SoS likes this

#1736 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5210 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:46 PM

I know, right? I feel myself yelling "what the hell? Seriously Barry?!?!" at the TV way too often.

--SoS

#1737 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1964 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:02 AM

To be fair, Oliver has been learning the same three lessons ("You can rely on your friends", "You seriously can't blame yourself for things the villains do" and "No matter how many people die around you, it's almost never genuinely your fault, so you shouldn't blame yourself") over and over for almost twice as long as Barry has been around.

I've been waiting for a reboot for a while, but there might be issues with TV executives feeling they'd lose audience over it (of course that's failing to consider they'd gain back people they'd lost already).

Aren't we just dealing with Flarrowverse Earth (featuring the Legends), Supergirl Earth (mostly separate because of the CBS>CW move) and Black Lightning Earth (because that show is way more serious)?

I mean, in terms of "Stop overusing the concept of multiple Earths", that's a Flash-exclusive problem and they could deal with it by like... stopping.

#1738 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1964 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

Kirk Acevedo (Ricardo Diaz/The Dragon) was upped to series regular for season 7.

I think I will quit now.

#1739 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17116 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, no interest in this season's arc.  I'll keep Arrow on my DVR so that I catch the crossover ep, but just otherwise delete stuff unwatched.

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#1740 Zillatron

Zillatron

Lord of the Energon Harvest

• Citizen
  • 6340 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:55 PM

I went into the new episode rather skeptical, but it was a very solid season opener and much better than 90% of last season.

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users