Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 09:58 PM)

Been playing a bit of Saints Row 4 and honestly the Blast Blast is hilariously overpowered.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 05:28 PM)

And a better headsculpt.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM)

It actually has half decent gimmicks too.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 04:03 PM)

It's still crap but at least it takes up less space.

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 10:31 AM)

I'd rather have Armada Sideswipe than Alternator Sideswipe.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2017 - 09:50 AM)

What he's really doing is buying all the sideswipe, so that after the apocolypse.. He'll have an army to take ove the world!

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2017 - 09:00 AM)

We could be taking this the wrong way. What if this person means to sacrifice their own money to prevent Armada Sideswipes from falling into the hands of those who don't know better?

@  Rycochet : (24 June 2017 - 06:26 AM)

People say silly things online all the time, usually followed by a smilie or a wink. Take away the context and they go from being a joke to absurd hyperbole.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2017 - 06:07 AM)

But that would miss the entire point of hyperbole.

@  Pennpenn : (24 June 2017 - 06:03 AM)

Well that's a stupid attitude from someone who would waste a lot of money. I mean, they should just... not buy movie toys?

@  Bass X0 : (24 June 2017 - 04:52 AM)

Most insane thing I read of the day: "I would rather buy 100 Armada Sideswipes and PRiD Airachnids than buy any Bayformers crap"

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:10 PM)

His dialogue is full of allusions to his infamous lookalike, though sometimes as subversions. Oh, and sometimes he sings Karaoke. Check his rendition of "My Way", it's on Youtube.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:09 PM)

The entire idea behind the character is that he looks and talks like Hitler, but is actually a good guy. Maybe with a dickish attitude, but he's not the villain.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Alfons Hatler is a supporting character from a German Edgar Wallace parody movie and its sequel.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

I'd like to remind everyone that Alfons Hatler exists, which is all sorts of awesome.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 05:41 PM)

See, you say that and you know there's new a bubsy game coming. Don't make us keep re-baselining our horror reactions.

@  Sean Whitmore : (23 June 2017 - 03:31 PM)

Epilogue is the worst thing to happen to mankind. And I'm including, like, all the wars and stuff.

@  Evac : (23 June 2017 - 02:11 PM)

... Did Linkara cover that one?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 01:50 PM)

the comics where Barbara quit being Batgirl after she was beaten into a miscarriage.

@  Boomhauer : (23 June 2017 - 01:20 PM)

His choice to be Batman had more punch when he was a completely normal guy met with the same dillema instead of the DNA garbage that muddies the message for no other reason than to give Old Bruce another ass-kiss before the show is over. It's a boring episode whose entire concept is repeating things already known and spark Squawkbox arguments.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 01:11 PM)

But he still chose to be batman. Not only did he chose to be batman, he did it better.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM)

I have to agree.. Part of the problem with Epilogue is it takes away from "Terry CHOSE to be batman" and changed it a bit to "Terry was designed to be batman."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Do you mean the DCAU continuity comics or Future's End?

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 11:36 AM)

can we all at least agree it's a better ending for Batman Beyond than the comics?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 10:52 AM)

There was no evidence of it to support it in the show, and generally using someone to MAKE a batman is a jerkish thing to do.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:37 AM)

why does it matter?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

I think the problem with Epilogue was making Terry effectivly Batman's son.

@  Benbot : (23 June 2017 - 10:24 AM)

what's your problem with it?

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM)

Epilogue give a great end to Batman Beyond and even has a Mask of the Phantasm character

@  MrBlud : (23 June 2017 - 09:55 AM)

I don't post in the Shoutbox often, but when I do, it's to confirm "Epilogue" is garbage.

@  Paladin : (23 June 2017 - 08:43 AM)

even "Epilogue" ? (braces for that argument again)

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:26 AM)

Its a really great show.

@  The Predaking : (23 June 2017 - 08:25 AM)

Justice League unlimited

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2017 - 08:14 AM)

Sprinkles or nothing!

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2017 - 07:06 AM)

>_< 3 hrs, $5,628 to go for the Two Scoops Kickstarter http://kck.st/2qgIkCd

@  wonko the sane? : (23 June 2017 - 06:16 AM)

Yeah, miles is only used when accuracy doesn't actually matter, or we're dealing with americans.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2017 - 03:55 AM)

We even use "miles" in similar contexts in German even though we use kilometers for actual measurements.

@  The Doctor Who : (23 June 2017 - 02:40 AM)

Makes sense, really. Colloquialisms exist in their own weird little universe where terminology can persist after it's no longer relevant otherwise.

@  abates : (23 June 2017 - 01:17 AM)

We also measure car milage in kilometres but still call it milage.

@  Bass X0 : (22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM)

No. We still say miles. Kilometers is only really used for actual specific distances whereas miles being used in a common phrase is still miles.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (22 June 2017 - 04:59 PM)

People from outside the U.S.: as we are all English-proficient here, do you ever use the phrase "I saw it coming from miles away.", or do you say "kilometers" instead?

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:06 PM)

Wow, that was supposed to :shout" hours ago...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Indeed. Especially on opening week. We're talking avg, 5-8%. It's more at your discount/sub-run houses.

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM)

AMC knows it, freakin $7 for a regular drink

@  Paladin : (22 June 2017 - 08:22 AM)

and if you want to support your theaters, buy more concessions. because they get SHIT from the ticket sales...

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:15 AM)

So, we charged an extra $1 per. F'em

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM)

First, they threatened to stop sending us digital because we weren't upcharging for it (back when we were still "mixed" format). Then they threatened to stop sendingus 3D because we didn't upcharge for those either initially.

@  Hg Dragon : (22 June 2017 - 08:12 AM)

Can't blame the theater totally for those ticket prices. The studios have a say in them as well.

@  Noideaforaname : (22 June 2017 - 12:00 AM)

Charge 'em for the lice! Extra for the mice! Two percent for looking in the mirror twice!

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 June 2017 - 11:45 PM)

Even here in Canada where price gouging is commonplace, IMAX 3-D is still $19.50

Photo
- - - - -

Jem and the Holograms debuts new collection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38946 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

PRESS RELEASE
***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***

October 8, 2012: Integrity Toys, Inc., under license from Hasbro (Nasdaq: HAS), is thrilled to announce the first four mass release characters in the continuing JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS series of high-end adult collectible dolls.

Following the sold-out and much talked about release of the Special Edition: HOLLYWOOD JEM doll exclusive to Comic Con International in San Diego this summer, this new series of collectibles continues with CLASSIC JEM fully dressed in her iconic hot pink mini-dress, her alter ego music executive JERRICA BENTON (seen for the first time as a stand alone doll), magical holographic computer SYNERGY made in a purple skin tone authentic to the original 1980s animation, and RIO PACHECO, JEM?s road manager and love interest! Each exciting character comes dressed in a truly outrageous screen accurate look and includes a set of rockin? miniature accessories!

?All stops were pulled to create the ultimate JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS adult collectible dolls for old and new fans of the hit 80s TV series alike to cherish and enjoy for years to come!? says Alain Tremblay, marketing director of Integrity Toys, Inc. ?JEM fans will be thrilled when they see the tiny episode specific references that have been added to the design of these characters? says Vaughn Sawyers, head designer of Integrity Toys, Inc.

CLASSIC JEM, JERRICA BENTON, SYNERGY and RIO PACHECO are set to ship in November 2012 (just in time for Christmas) and will be available for purchase at a suggested retail price of US$119.00 each via Integrity Toys? network of authorized dealers (in the US and other countries, see www.integritytoys.com for full dealer listing) and at Holt Renfrew in Canada (at all 9 retail locations, in stores only) in late November.

To stay up to date on all the latest information about the JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS adult collectible doll series, please visit http://www.integrity...andtheholograms.

About Integrity Toys, Inc.
Always reaching for the next level, Integrity Toys designs, produces and markets a variety of dolls and related accessories, with a specialization in high-end fashion dolls. Founded in 1995, Integrity Toys' extensive experience and capabilities in the field of doll making allows them to create products and programs for many of the world?s best-known retailers, consumer products companies, celebrities and other intellectual property holders.

Integrity currently produces high-end fashion dolls ranging in size from approximately 12 inches to 16 inches tall, under a number of brands, including Fashion Royalty, the Dynamite Girls and Poppy Parker among others. Their products are known for their superior engineering, high-end aesthetics and of course, fashionable, detailed clothing.

For more information about Integrity Toys, Inc. please visit www.integritytoys.com

About Hasbro
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company?s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. The Hub TV Network is part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), in the U.S. Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the ?World?s Most Ethical Companies? and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine?s ?100 Best Corporate Citizens.? Learn more at www.hasbro.com.

WEB_14021_Jem_Rio_Jerrica.jpg
WEB_14023_Synergy_Full.jpg

Check out a full gallery here

I have to admit, I watched a lot of Jem when the Hub started re-airing episodes. So I think it's quite cool that Hasbro and Integrity have teamed up for new product for the brand.

#2 Shattered

Shattered
  • Retired Staff
  • 6956 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Oct 8 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to admit, I watched a lot of Jem when the Hub started re-airing episodes. So I think it's quite cool that Hasbro and Integrity have teamed up for new product for the brand.

Agreed, but at $120 each...ouch. I'm out.

#3 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59375 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

I've always been a big fan of the Synergy computer. These are a bit pricy but are pretty cool.

#4 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2331 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Maybe Eric Raymond can finally get his own doll.
"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#5 jamarmiller

jamarmiller

jamarmiller

• Citizen
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Agent X @ Oct 8 2012, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Eric Raymond can finally get his own doll.

THese look great, but the price EEK !!

I really want to buy something for my little girl , other than Barbie all the time. But at that price NO way ! she is only 4 LOL

Too bad because she likes watching the cartoon

Check out the ACTION FORCE, GI JOE EXTREME and ACTION MAN Information Forum here
WWW.BLOODFORTHEBARON.COM

#6 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 17294 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Whoa - and people think Barbie is anorexic. And that price is truly, truly outrageous! (yes, I did it).

I would buy the heck out of a 3.75" Jem line of figures! icon-fire.gif

Edited by Dake, 08 October 2012 - 02:44 PM.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#7 Steadfast

Steadfast

rar

• Citizen
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Dake @ Oct 8 2012, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa - and people think Barbie is anorexic. And that price is truly, truly outrageous! (yes, I did it).

I would buy the heck out of a 3.75" Jem line of figures! icon-fire.gif

Nah. Kre-O.

Though if there's a 3.75" line with redecoes of G.I. Joe vehicles, maaaaaybe.

#8 Creature SH

Creature SH

Condimented

• Supporter
  • 5480 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, that young Hagan is wayyyyyyyyy too skinny.

#9 (Deactivated) wednesday

(Deactivated) wednesday
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(jamarmiller @ Oct 8 2012, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want to buy something for my little girl , other than Barbie all the time. But at that price NO way ! she is only 4 LOL

Probably for the best. The dolls are adult collector, so intended for ages 14 and up and not designed for serious play.

If it weren't for the detachable arms/hands, I'd be recommending the heck out of Monster High for your kid. Some of the characters scratch a very similar bright-and-colorful itch (Venus McFlytrap has a lot of the same aesthetic going on), and the increased emphasis on aspirational messaging is really nice to see.

That is the Synergy I always wanted.

#10 jamarmiller

jamarmiller

jamarmiller

• Citizen
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(wednesday @ Oct 8 2012, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably for the best. The dolls are adult collector, so intended for ages 14 and up and not designed for serious play.

If it weren't for the detachable arms/hands, I'd be recommending the heck out of Monster High for your kid. Some of the characters scratch a very similar bright-and-colorful itch (Venus McFlytrap has a lot of the same aesthetic going on), and the increased emphasis on aspirational messaging is really nice to see.

my point was, where is the line for the kiddies

I didnt really mean THESE EXACT Dolls.

My girl likes the cartoon of Jem, so without a monster high whatever cartoon she probably wouldnt be interested

she wasnt something compatible with her barbie and 12 inch joes

Check out the ACTION FORCE, GI JOE EXTREME and ACTION MAN Information Forum here
WWW.BLOODFORTHEBARON.COM

#11 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 23886 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm suddenly curious where the joes fit into your daughter's play patterns.
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#12 jamarmiller

jamarmiller

jamarmiller

• Citizen
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(Nutjob R/T @ Oct 9 2012, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm suddenly curious where the joes fit into your daughter's play patterns.

lol, they just replace Ken thats all.

I dont think she even understands MILITARY

they go shopping with Barbie and stuff LOL

Sort of like Buzz light year and his Mrs Nesbit scene

WWW.BLOODFORTHEBARON.COM

#13 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 23886 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Suburban Ops GI Joe!
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#14 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6382 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(wednesday @ Oct 8 2012, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be recommending the heck out of Monster High for your kid. Some of the characters scratch a very similar bright-and-colorful itch (Venus McFlytrap has a lot of the same aesthetic going on), and the increased emphasis on aspirational messaging is really nice to see.

Aspirational messaging? It doesn't matter how you look as long as you dress like a whore?

#15 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 14683 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(jamarmiller @ Oct 8 2012, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my point was, where is the line for the kiddies

I didnt really mean THESE EXACT Dolls.

I'm guessing there isn't gonna be a line for kiddies. Like how Masters of the Universe is only the collector line nowadays. Although, the current MOTU are probably still very play-friendly. (I don't collect MOTU, just going by what I've seen/read)

Edited by swash, 08 October 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#16 spikeriley

spikeriley

The Pac Is Back

• Citizen
  • 3359 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(wednesday @ Oct 8 2012, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$120 for a show-accurate Synergy is insane, even for an adult collectable.

I bet the MOTU Classics figures didn't cost that much.

Spreading Pac-Man Fever since 1985.

#17 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38946 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE(spikeriley @ Oct 9 2012, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(wednesday @ Oct 8 2012, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$120 for a show-accurate Synergy is insane, even for an adult collectable.

I bet the MOTU Classics figures didn't cost that much.

How do you compare those two lines?

The most accurate comparison to evaluate the price is Tonner. And if you want to compare the dolls to action figures, look at Hot Toys, or Sideshow Toys.

Really, $120 isn't all that "insane" when you look at the market for these sorts of product. It might be out of yours and my price ranges, but there are buyers out there.

#18 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Apprentice Staff
  • 14683 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, MOTU Classics isn't really the best to compare with, especially considering size and play pattern. I just mentioned that because it's a franchise that used to have kid-oriented toys, but not anymore.

#19 ShinRa Inc

ShinRa Inc

Professional Malcontent

• Citizen
  • 1875 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

MAGFest.org
Looking for; 2005 Botcon Ratchet, Junker Classics Optimus Prime (for parts)

#20 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15034 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I've really been interested in this brand ever since I became HOOKED ON JIZ

Yes I LOVE JIZ AND I WANT MORE.
Woooo!