Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo
- - - - -

Animation Domination 2016/17

175 replies to this topic

#1 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6495 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

So last night began new seasons of The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad.
As usual American Dad trumped both shows in both plot and humor, it also had a few surprises, Roger shooting Hayley and skinning Jeff were horrific, not shocking since it's within his character but horrific images and certainly up there with Stans frankendog Kisses.

Edited by Whirl Maximus, 15 March 2016 - 03:00 AM.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#2 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 4849 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

You forgot Bob's Burgers, which finally got a proper fall premier even though Fox is probably going to cancel it for not sucking enough to be popular.

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9604 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

I gotta be honest, I'm amazed Bob's Burgers even managed to make it to a third season. Shame too, I wasn't really feeling the last season, but last Sunday's episode was hilarious.

As for American Dad, saw the plot and jokes coming from a mile away. Easily one of the weakest episodes of the show I'd seen in a while.
Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#4 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Well, Bob's Burgers is set to have a crossover episode with Archer this season.

#5 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6495 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

I am giving Bob's burgers a go from the very first episode and will watch it on a weekly basis rather then all in one go.
'Human Flesh' .....and I thought Seth Macfarlanes shows writers were demented!

Edited by Ricky Spanish, 04 October 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#6 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Have they cancelled the Cleveland Show yet?

#7 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Sort of. A fourth season was announced in May, but then it kind of disappeared. I wonder if he'll show up on Family Guy or not. It's not like anyone (viewers or characters) missed him.

After a little digging, turns out Fox gave the go ahead for this season, but it's on really thin ice and they won't decide on a further season unless its number pick up.

Edited by Spark, 04 October 2012 - 01:31 PM.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#8 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36725 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Maybe that's why AS is finally showing it, them hoping that it might help the ratings. It worked for Family Guy and Futurama.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#9 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Unfortunately, the Cleveland Show still has Cleveland in it and is therefore too dull to watch.

#10 Varnon

Varnon

Counterpoint is a man's soul.

• Citizen
  • 10207 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Oct 4 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, the Cleveland Show still has Cleveland in it and is therefore too dull to watch.

The Cleveland show is outrageous!
But seriously, I really like it. Family Guy is my least favorite of the three SM shows because of jive like chicken fights and conway twitty and killing kittens.
What signature?

#11 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36725 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Varnon @ Oct 4 2012, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Spark @ Oct 4 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Cleveland show is outrageous!
But seriously, I really like it. Family Guy is my least favorite of the three SM shows because of jive like chicken fights and conway twitty and killing kittens.

I don't hate TCS, but its the one I will miss least when its gone. Though I do feel its somewhat better then Family guy as its a bit more story then gag focused, but still doesn't come close to American Dad's usual level of quality in balancing the two. I just don't feel TCS has very many interesting characters to support the rest of its strenghts, which Family Guy does at least have some characters still fun to watch.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#12 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29229 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Main problem here is Fox sold the rights to a seperate network. BBC Three shows Family Guy and American Dad but E4 has Cleveland. Which means all the jokes about it running alongside Family Guy and the three show loose crossover can't really work here.

#13 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I really only like American Dad of the three, but Cleveland as a character is just incredibly boring... and I don't like his supporting cast either.

#14 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4974 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Oct 4 2012, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sort of. A fourth season was announced in May, but then it kind of disappeared. I wonder if he'll show up on Family Guy or not. It's not like anyone (viewers or characters) missed him.

After a little digging, turns out Fox gave the go ahead for this season, but it's on really thin ice and they won't decide on a further season unless its number pick up.

Adult Swim was finally given the go ahead to air The Cleveland Show, so if ratings are really good, it could be enough to drag out another season from Fox.

Either way, I'm fairly "over" most of Adult Swim/Fox/Seth McFarlane's shows at this point. Maybe I've outgrown them? Broadcast TV just seems to be sucking right now...

#15 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 4849 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Getting caught up with the current season of Bob's Burgers on Hulu... does anyone know if the song Linda and Bob sing in "Lindapendant Woman" is a parody of something?

Edited by Pocket, 13 March 2013 - 01:29 PM.

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#16 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5486 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Last weekend was almost great. My only complaint, asidefrom Bob's burgers, was family guy. Bored me so much I changed the channel.

Loved the Simpson's episode with Ned finally getting fed up and slugging homer. Especially love the mutually beneficial solution to Lisa's bullying and Ned repentance. And we got to see Ned's beatnik parents too!
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#17 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6495 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

I think yesterdays episode of Family Guy is the most controversial one yet.

#18 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40333 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

But I really enjoyed the Simpsons last night, as Fruitbat Man was amazing. I loved how they set up his rouges gallery.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#19 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 3916 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(Ricky Spanish @ Mar 18 2013, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think yesterdays episode of Family Guy is the most controversial one yet.

Pfft. FG's been riding on shock value for so long, I'm surprised anything on that show is considered controversial at this point. More like, "Hey! Look at us! We did something shocking and attention worthy!"

#20 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29229 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Modern Family Guy is like that bratty kid who makes a scene in public but his parents won't stop him and instead attack anyone who calls them out for being bad parents. It was much funnier when it had to tow the line.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users