Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Season 2 Roundup

roundup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1263 replies to this topic

#1 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

kcS4rh.jpg

We've finally finished recapping season 1 in the Retro Rodeo thread, but we're not letting the fun end! It's time to reap the highlights, the lowlights, and the many surprises of season 2. Let's begin!

Episode 27 and Episode 28: The Return of Harmony

I don't feel that there's any point in separating these two episodes, so we'll recap them together. They're awesome. The only, only problem with these episodes is that they're rushed. There's at least 3 episodes' worth of storyline crammed into 2. If this storyline were stretched out and given the time it deserves, I feel it would be the greatest thing this show has done.

Edited by Fnu Aw, 23 July 2016 - 11:03 PM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#2 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24702 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Oh boy! Umm, give me a couple days. At my parents house tonight, tomorrow night's gonna be super busy. But I'll get my review, promise!

Edited by Caldwin, 15 September 2012 - 08:41 PM.

PSN = Caldwin Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#3 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Take your time. We'll probably be talking about these two episodes for a week. There's a lot crammed into these two episodes.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#4 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41992 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

I felt they did these episodes absolutely right. Especially in the casting of discord. They could have got anyone, but they got John Delancie and it was spectacular.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#5 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

John is amazing in this. You can tell he understood the character.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#6 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

This was suppose to be the ending of season 1, but they went over there 26 episode mark and had to save this one for season 2.

First off, we notice how everypony is in the same class this time or at least taken to the same field trip? If Discord is locked up in a statue there, can you imagine who the other guys next to him are? Scary.

#7 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:37 AM

I think the other statues are just statues. Discord's there just so that the public can be used to keep an eye on him. If a statue suddenly disappears from the world-famous Canterlot sculpture garden, someone will know about it.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#8 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 41992 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

If discord up and disappeared from the park again: I'm pretty sure the world would know before the statue was noticed missing.
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#9 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'm someone patrols the area regularly.

Why did so little of Cheerilee's class go on the trip? Who would skip a field trip to Canterlot?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#10 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5252 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I didn't think much about it until later, but Sweetie Belle calling Scootaloo a "Dodo" during that field trip was quite the low blow there. Dodos are extinct flightless birds and Scootaloo seems to be the only little filly that can't fly. So calling Scoots a Dodo is just......ouch!

#11 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

That's totally typical of kids though.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#12 Zeel1

Zeel1
  • Citizen
  • 1127 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

It's for this reason that I've always thought of Scootaloo being so commonly called as a chicken as pretty mean, as chickens can fly, but only sort-of, just like Scoots. And it's for similar reasons that I have Sweetie comparing her to an ostrich and a penguin in one of my fics.

Kids are mean.

#13 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Sweetie Belle is rather strongly annoyed by made-up words. I bet Rarity has something to do with this.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#14 Rezo

Rezo
  • Citizen
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Guardian Prime @ Sep 16 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't think much about it until later, but Sweetie Belle calling Scootaloo a "Dodo" during that field trip was quite the low blow there. Dodos are extinct flightless birds and Scootaloo seems to be the only little filly that can't fly. So calling Scoots a Dodo is just......ouch!
Hilariously appropriate?

#15 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Here's a thought. Was Cheerilee's class still in the area when Discord broke free? Did they have some epic adventure of their own behind the scenes?

http://csimadmax.dev...e-CMC-259082720

B5ofTKU.jpg

#16 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24702 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Oooookay! The Discord two-parter. Aside from Nightmare Moon, I think Discord has to be my favorite villian. For one thing...it's John De Lancie. Q also happened to be my favorite Star Trek villian. So okay, let's start this!

Hah! Cherrilee said "My Little Ponies." I love it when they name drop!

Is anyone really surprised that it would be the CMC that releases Discord? No? Didn't think so.

I love the argument between Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo about it being chaos. If anyone should know chaos, it'd be the CMC.

And yeah, that dodo line is kinda harsh when you think about it.

So, the teacher just stands there and shakes her head while two students are in a nockdown drag out fight? Really, that seems...it seems right!

Hmm, thumping coming from the statue of chaos...nnnnope! That doesn't seem ominous at...all!

Hmm, maybe essays are their special talent.

Yeah, I forsee Pinkie becoming a traitor here. She likes chaos way too much.

You know, for Twilight to be so powerful that she makes a shock wave when she performs magic without even getting winded...I'm tellin ya, you do not want to mess with her! Too bad it didn't work.

Seriously, Pinkie is enjoying this waaaaay too much!

Too early for a victory lesson, Twilight!

Okay, they're in Canterlot talking about a villian that both Celestia and Luna defeated. A Luna cameo wouldn't be out of order here.

Why does it surprise Twilight that Celestia and Luna are no longer connected to the Elements? How else does she think she and her friends are now able to control them?

Ooooh, a mission from the princess. This sounds epically epic in all its epicness...complete with epic music.

Yeah, suffering ponies...but at least you get chocolate rain. Those are some priorities! Yeeeeah, I'm not really liking Pinkie here.

So odd seeing Celestia shocked. And Pinkie couldn't care less. Umm, someone really needs to thwap her upside the head.

Wait...Pinkie's standing right there with the rest of them. Didn't she just leave to play in the chocolate puddles?

Amazing, when I first watched this, I didn't know it was John De Lancie...and for some reason, I just could not hear the Q in all this. Now...I can't not hear it.

Ahh! Name drop "My Little Ponies" from Celestia. Yeah, I'm a dork.

You know, great idea Rainbow Dash, flying above a Labyrinth. You know if I ever make a fan fic, I'm gonna have to remember...oh wait....yeeeeah. You see, this is why I like Dashie. Combat pragmatist. My favortite kinda character.

Twilight and Rarities reactions to losing there horns are priceless. I'm sure I've seen gif's of them somewhere. I'll have to look for them later.

Seems the earthponies got off awfully easy in this game.

You know, I would love to have seen them get to the center, get locked into an Escher drawing with Discord singing "Within You" from the Labyrinth movie. *sigh* Wasted opportunities!

You know...if Applejack hadn't gotten disctracted by a couple random apples, she might have gotten to the center.

Hmm...the reflection actually was more or less true. I love it when evil tells the truth. It makes it so much more sinister.

Actually, Applejack didn't lie here. She wasn't talking to any ponies. She was talking to a bunch of apples...and if you want to get technical, Discord. But no ponies. So she wasn't lying...really. ?Yeah, I'm a dork.

Of course she lies, Twilight! I refer you to Party of One.

You know, Pinkie Pie was actually kinda on Discord's side anyway. Did he really need to corrupt her? I think he could've gotten her to turn traitor of her own accord.

I love how Fluttershy is almost just trolling Discord. He has to resort to outright forcing her under his control. The only one he had to cheat with.?

You know, I still don't think Dash betrayed her element of loyalty. She had a tough choice between the other five, or the entire city of Cloudsdale. Either way, she was abandoning someone. Okay...so...it wasn't really Cloudsdale. But she didn't know that.

Yeah, Discord name dropped. Yay. Woo hoo...getting old. I think I'll stop mentioning it now.

NEXT EPISODE!!!!

Funny, Twilight's the only one that didn't really get Discorded. I'm guessing she's the MLP version of Picard?

Did Rarity just drop kick Applejack? Wow! Just...wow!

Yeah, Twilight is definetly the MLP version of Picard.

I just love the little touches like the little leg twitch after Twilight gets trampled. It's the small moments that just really sell it. Yeah, I'm a dork.

And Fluttershy is happy that Angel trampled her. Hmm...nice!

I like Flutterbitch. ?Am I the only one?

Aww! Poor Spike! He was sleeping so peacefully. I don't think I like Fluttershy like this.

You know, being the egghead type, you'd think Twilight would be used to a little game of Keepaway.

LOL! Cat yowling in the middle of the fight. This may be one of the more epic episodes, but it's also one of the funnier ones too. Yeah, I'm a dork.

"This is my book, and I'm gonna read it!" Another one of those lines I've seen several places but couldn't remember which episode it came from.

Spike's the new Rainbow Dash! Love it!

Did Twilight really think this was going to work with Discorded ponies? Really?

Aww! Poor Spike...again! "Make it stop!" Yeah, Spike consistently seems to get the job of buttmonkey.

"Do you remember what I said the first day we arrived in Ponyville?" Oh, wait, let me think. "All the ponies in the town are crazy!"?

Oh yeah...she said that too...yeah!

Wait a minute! Are they saying that Twilight could've magic'd them out of their discorded state at any time? That...that's just...I'm calling BS on that one!

Hmm, Fluttershy tied up on the floor by Twilight and Applejack. And nothing sexual happened at all. The end.

She just had the worst dream...then she woke up to find herself tied up with her friends standing over her...umm...yeah!

"We must never speak of this again." Actually, Rarity, true friends would bring it up at every given opportunity.

Pinkie Pie always knows where to find Dashie!

See what I mean, Rarity? Oh, and btw...they didn't agree to anything!

Is Cloudsdale so mobile that Dashie really thinks she's pushing it around in a big old sky chase from her friends?

And again, Pinkie and Rarity take off together. It's like The Last Roundup all over again. Wait a minute...we haven't gotten to that yet, have we? Well...you know what I mean.

Still not buying this thing of Twilight being able to magic them out of being Discorded. If she knew how to do that, why didn't she just do it from the beginning?

Yes, little touches do make the moments. Discord drinking the glass then tossing the chocolate milk which explodes behind him. Little "blink and you'll miss it" moments are just to die for. Yeah, I'm a dork.

Wait, Twilight just countered Discords spell that was holding the others in front of him. Just how powerful is she, anyway?

Umm, okay. The ponies have been un-discorded. They have the elements and have shown that they know how to use them. What makes Discord so confident that it won't work...which obviously it does?

Dagnabbit, Pinkie! You can make your own chocolate milk later. What's wrong with you?!?! Yeah, I'm really not liking Pinkie in this one.

Discord's really not being too smart here. He's faced the elements once before. He should know better.

Oh! Star Wars parody!

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned to never let the CMC go on a field trip ever again!

And bonus youtube vid. I still seem to be having problems embedding them for some reason. But go ahead, click the link. Nice little diddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfMb50dsOk

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#17 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

One thing at a time. icon-wildride.gif

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Sep 16 2012, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, they're in Canterlot talking about a villian that both Celestia and Luna defeated. A Luna cameo wouldn't be out of order here.

Luna was... busy. icon-fire.gif

http://uber-kitten.d...rmony-259441781

B5ofTKU.jpg

#18 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24702 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Sep 16 2012, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing at a time. icon-wildride.gif

It was a bit of a wall of text I'll admit...but for all intents and purposes, I was doing two episodes here. These watchalongs get rather lengthy with only one episode. Nice comic btw!

#19 Zeel1

Zeel1
  • Citizen
  • 1127 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(Caldwin @ Sep 16 2012, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aww! Poor Spike! He was sleeping so peacefully. I don't think I like Fluttershy like this.

Wow, you don't usually contradict yourself that fast. icon-waspy.gif

Still not buying this thing of Twilight being able to magic them out of being Discorded. If she knew how to do that, why didn't she just do it from the beginning?

How would she have known memories could un-Discord people before memories un-Discorded her?

#20 Caldwin

Caldwin

I'm coming for you!

• Supporter
  • 24702 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Zeel1 @ Sep 17 2012, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, you don't usually contradict yourself that fast. icon-waspy.gif
Yeah...I really didn't plan that. It just sorta happened. It happens. icon-waspy.gif

How would she have known memories could un-Discord people before memories un-Discorded her?

Well...umm...STOP PUNCHING HOLES IN MY THEORIES!!!!! icon-screamer.gif