Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Patch : (16 February 2019 - 04:26 PM)

Uh oh. Here comes a flock of Wah-Wahs.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (16 February 2019 - 10:54 AM)

Oh, that makes more sense.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2019 - 07:31 AM)

Haven't given it to him yet. Not sure when I will, but soon. Wah Wah is what he calls any vehicle with a siren, and the little bugger just LOVES firetrucks. So I got him a rescue bot heatwave.

@  repowers : (16 February 2019 - 02:41 AM)

I hope he said "You've given me a wah-wah"

@  Dekafox : (16 February 2019 - 12:48 AM)

A red panda?

@  Rodimus Supreme : (15 February 2019 - 11:06 PM)

*WAH

@  Rodimus Supreme : (15 February 2019 - 11:05 PM)

THE HECK IS A WHAH WAH?!?!?!

@  wonko the sane? : (15 February 2019 - 08:54 PM)

Yay! My nephew's Wah Wah showed up today!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 February 2019 - 08:12 PM)

BotBots are GLORIOUS

@  Pennpenn : (14 February 2019 - 07:07 PM)

A day best ignored if you're not the target demographic. Can be difficult sometimes though.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2019 - 11:55 AM)

Valentine's Day. bummer.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Or you could come to canada, where bureaucracy is a publically funded art form! So garbage and used condoms trying to make a statement about something or other, not entirely sure what.

@  Nevermore : (14 February 2019 - 06:10 AM)

We've turned it into an art form.

@  Nevermore : (14 February 2019 - 06:10 AM)

You think you know bureaucracy, but you've never been to Germany.

@  RichardT1977 : (13 February 2019 - 11:48 PM)

I think a better counterpart would be "society".

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (13 February 2019 - 11:24 PM)

Sounds like the cobra effect.

@  Echowarrior : (13 February 2019 - 05:58 PM)

I think a better counterpart for it would be bureaucracy.

@  MEDdMI : (13 February 2019 - 08:33 AM)

Is Verbesserschlimmerung a change that was intented to make things worse but made them better instead?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 February 2019 - 07:35 AM)

We have a similar word in english "government".

@  Nevermore : (13 February 2019 - 06:05 AM)

The meaning of this word is: A change that was intended as an improvement but ended up making things worse.

@  Nevermore : (13 February 2019 - 06:04 AM)

It's a portmanteau of "Verbesserung", which means "improvement", and "Verschlimmerung", which means "worsening".

@  Nevermore : (13 February 2019 - 06:04 AM)

Your new German word for today: Verschlimmbesserung.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 February 2019 - 02:17 PM)

Fortunately it's been long enough now that the possibility exists another label like Shout Factory or Arrow could pick it up and give it an updated release.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 February 2019 - 02:16 PM)

It's the same with their Dawn of the Dead blu-ray, and several others

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 February 2019 - 02:11 PM)

In Volcano's case it isn't so much a case just of amazon or eBay sellers... it looks like rather than releasing it directly, Fox licensed it out to Starz/Anchor Bay, and it's subsequently gone out of print

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 February 2019 - 01:28 PM)

There's Amazon sellers for you.

@  Telly : (12 February 2019 - 12:49 PM)

thought about buying volcano on bluray last night, until i saw the price on amazon: $135. the used ones arent much cheaper at $90. i know the 3p sellers can set any price they want, but come on. $90-$135 for a 20 year old movie that was only so-so?

@  unluckiness : (12 February 2019 - 05:12 AM)

GOt my hopes up there for a bit. Last I heard it was nebulously in 2019.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 February 2019 - 05:00 AM)

Nope, none for REmake or Zero either.

@  unluckiness : (12 February 2019 - 04:13 AM)

Do we have a release date?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 February 2019 - 03:51 AM)

Looking forward to RE4 on Switch, it will be my annual playthrough.

@  unluckiness : (12 February 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Don't call Floridans that. It's degrading to marine mammals.

@  Ashley : (12 February 2019 - 12:41 AM)

Oh, the huge manatee

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 February 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Anyone here ever been to the Manatee Viewing Center right outside Apollo Beach, Florida?

@  unluckiness : (11 February 2019 - 08:35 PM)

The manatees were extra eager that day.

@  ▲ndrusi : (11 February 2019 - 08:10 PM)

Maybe they accidentally got some editorial oversight for a while or something.

@  Shrug : (11 February 2019 - 07:03 PM)

And it shifted gears the season after, it's like there was a different head writer or editor or something one year

@  Shrug : (11 February 2019 - 07:03 PM)

There was some random season after the cancellation that I thought was amazing, but I don't watch the show closely enough to tell you which one it was

@  Benbot : (11 February 2019 - 01:20 PM)

Your unintentional typo is right. It is definitely tp-tier material.

@  unluckiness : (11 February 2019 - 08:36 AM)

It was never tp-tier material but I used to be able to keep it on as white noise while I'm doing something else Now, I have to switch the channel because it just pisses me off at how unfunny it is.

@  Benbot : (11 February 2019 - 08:23 AM)

I don't think it's ever been very good since the initial cancellation/revival.

@  unluckiness : (11 February 2019 - 08:03 AM)

And still the same so-called "humor" but worse

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 February 2019 - 08:00 AM)

New writers, new showrunners, fatigue. That shows had many changes over the years.

@  unluckiness : (11 February 2019 - 06:35 AM)

I don't know how it's possible but Family Guy has somehow gotten less funny.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 February 2019 - 08:47 PM)

Do you mean the retail price from when ToyBiz were making ML or the current price of vintage ToyBiz specimens?

@  B-Fox : (10 February 2019 - 08:40 PM)

Target had the entirety of the ML Deadpool Sauron BAF wave on discount. Got Omega Red and X-23 for the cost of 2 Toy Biz Marvel Legends.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (10 February 2019 - 02:30 PM)

How long do y'all wager it will be until Evolution Optimal Optimus shows at Ollie's in the U.S.?

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 February 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Kingdom Hearts 4: The Search For More Money.

@  fourteenwings : (10 February 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Actual lyrics to the ending theme of KH3: "I'm only crying 'cause I never dreamed it'd take this long."

@  Paladin : (10 February 2019 - 08:25 AM)

somebody wins, somebody dies, Disney gets all the money ever. The End.

Photo
- - - - -

Takara's Power Core Combiner / United EX Story Details

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 Hydra

Hydra

I'm in your Burger Bot eating burgers with your Isenburg!

• Citizen
  • 2379 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Oh, Figure King rocks. They gave it a nice preview.
Ater seeing those bigger scans, I went out and picked it up myself.

Here's what they printed on EX:

Story:
"In the 21st century, the war of the Transformers has shifted to space, and seemed for a while that peace had returned to Earth. However, during that time the Autobots had been working together with Earth scientist Professor Chase to develop a new combination system. With it, Autobots would use Power Core Combination to combine themselves with 4 Drones. The Autobot warriors chosen for the process became part of the group known as the Master Class. At the same time, a covert counter-team of Decepticons with the same capability, "Master Chaos," was formed."

The story told on the package backs reflects the atmosphere of the United series, while including characters from earlier Transformers series such as wheelchair-bound genius Chip Chase.

Combatmaster Prime Mode
A Decepticon strategic commander who has been active since the early stages of the war, Combat Master combines with 4 military vehicles. The weapons that line his body provide devastating firepower. In the story, his drones were stolen from the Autobot Chopper Master, who they were originally developed for.

Drones: Morser Drone, Panzer Drone, Kanonier Drone, Spaher Drone

Jetmaster Prime Mode
The Autobot spy Jetmaster combines with 4 jet and helicopter Drones. Jetmaster was the first Autobot to successfully achieve Power Core Combination. The character features details referencing earlier Transformers series, such as that the data for his drones was gathered from the Aerialbots, and that he was born on Planet Z.

Drones: Zone Drone, Feminia Drone, Micro Drone, Tenth Drone

Aerial Warrior Choppermaster
Targetmaster: Firebug

Polar Commander Rollermaster
Targetmaster: Spanner

Hopefully the story will comvince some people to buy PCC when they're out next month.

-Hydra

SELL ME THESE ITEMS!
Botcon 1997 Dinner Decoys: $300 ea.
Unreleased Ultra Magnus Street Speed Team: $1000
Lucky Draw Orange Hazard Team: $500/member
Bagged BotCon 2006 Box Set figures

#2 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63888 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

icon-silverbolt.gif

I said it before and I'll say it again, Hydra you magnificent bastard!

Love the storyline. So much better than Hasbro's "storyline" for them. Goes to show what a story can do to make figures more interesting. I know I'm now excited for these guys and will be buying them.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#3 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9178 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

*flails*

Another entry into the all-consuming Japanese G1 cartoon continuity beast, from the sound of it! Hee HEE, check out how Jetmaster's drones are all named after planets from "Zone"...

Edited by Chris McFeely, 27 August 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#4 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2201 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Jetmaster BETTER have a special attack that involves crayon-colored rainbows.

#5 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

It's a nice day for a...

• Citizen
  • 8999 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

The Master Class are the Aryans of Cybertron.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26935 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Aug 27 2012, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*flails*

Another entry into the all-consuming Japanese G1 cartoon continuity beast, from the sound of it! Hee HEE, check out how Jetmaster's drones are all named after planets from "Zone"...
Are you sure? Since this is United, it could just be another part of the United manga continuity with lots of elements inspired by the JG1 cartoon continuity added in. Who's to say Chip Chase and all those planets don't also exist in the United universe?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 roborobspringer

roborobspringer

Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead.

• Citizen
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

This is acceptable.
Zone Base robots/monsters/misadventure へんしん せんたい

#8 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9178 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(Sabrblade @ Aug 27 2012, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Aug 27 2012, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*flails*

Are you sure? Since this is United, it could just be another part of the United manga continuity with lots of elements inspired by the JG1 cartoon continuity added in. Who's to say Chip Chase and all those planets don't also exist in the United universe?

This being a product of Japan, I feel pretty confident in my analysis of it. It's just how it works nine times out of ten.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 27 August 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#9 Hydra

Hydra

• Citizen
  • 2379 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Now that this preview is out there, it's probably safe for me to explain a few things about this, but...

United EX was written to be part of the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity, as it explicitly takes place near the end of G1. It's not linked to the one-shot Generations manga. This becomes very clear as the story progresses.

My understanding of the United toyline itself is that it doesn't have its own unique continuity (although there are new story elements introduced in it), and basically just depicts various moments of Transformers history, primarily from the Japanese cartoon continuity. Granted, some of the toy forms differ from their G1 cartoon depictions, but that was true for G1 itself...

Some of the naming, such as Master Class and Master Chaos, and obviously individual guys like Grimmaster and Racemaster, is admittedly a little clunky in English, as it was intended for the Japanese market. The product names were determined already, and the Master... was my effort to explain why a whole slew of Transformers might all be called ****Master.

The basic premise is that during a short period of peace on Earth, when most of the fighting occurred offworld, the Autobots were working together with human military organizations to create a combination technology that could be made useful either in times of peace or war. Because most of the more experienced Autobots are away from Earth, they needed to design the system to provide the wearer with considerable power, since the Decepticons gathering on Earth once again might otherwise be a disaster for the remaining Autobot forces. Thus, Prime Mode: a combination form designed to bestow the core with might rivaling that of the Autobots' great leader.

The codename for this group was "Master Class," a gathering of young Autobot professionals in various fields such as recon, defense, construction, etc. who intended to use their skills for the benefit of Earth. Because of the classified nature of the project, each received their own codename, "Masters" with their actual identity not made public. Some joined the team to gain experience, some to prove themselves, and some to make up for past misdeeds. At the same time, a small group of Decepticons lying dormant on Earth got wind of this and formed a counter-group they called "Master Chaos," seeking to seize the drones and take control of Earth in Megatron's absence.

I'll be very excited to see if Japanese fans enjoy the story when the releases begin next month.

-Hydra

Edited by Hydra, 27 August 2012 - 11:47 AM.

SELL ME THESE ITEMS!

#10 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Great Job, Hydra!

It's just really great to see PCCs really get fiction. And to get it as part of G1.

I like the idea of the Master Class vs. Master Chaos. I've been around academia that the idea of a "Master Class" has just the right feel to me for a group name. In the same way "Headmasters" does. Heh, if the Headmasters taught the Master Class something it'd be fairly amusing to me.

I'm curious if the single figures with minicons will get fiction or just the two packs? I like the name reuse with Firebug and Spanner and am curious about them and Their partners.

-ZacWilliam, fiction can make any toy exciting to me. I love the idea of Drones based on Aerialbots or named after Zone planets. Probably gonna borrow facets of these fiction for my US PCCs.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 27 August 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#11 roborobspringer

roborobspringer

Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead.

• Citizen
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

I have esp

Weird, I remember years ago when these guys were first coming out, I jokingly said they should be in the same continuity as the Micromaster Combiners. Then when they finally get some sort of story line, they come right around where the Micromaster Combiners were introduced.

Wonder if this will always work?

I'm gonna win the lottery

*fingers crossed*
Zone Base robots/monsters/misadventure へんしん せんたい

#12 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26935 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(Hydra @ Aug 27 2012, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
United EX was written to be part of the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity, as it explicitly takes place near the end of G1.
At what point in the timeline would that be, exactly? Between The Headmasters and Masterforce? Between Zone and Return of Convoy? Between Operation Combination and G-2? Between G-2 and the post-G-2 e-HOBBY manga? After the post-G-2 e-HOBBY manga?

If it's after the e-HOBBY stuff, what became of Galvatron II and MP Ghost Starscream? Both were still at large last we saw them.
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#13 Terrortron

Terrortron
  • Citizen
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(Sabrblade @ Aug 27 2012, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
United EX was written to be part of the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity, as it explicitly takes place near the end of G1.
At what point in the timeline would that be, exactly? Between The Headmasters and Masterforce? Between Zone and Return of Convoy? Between Operation Combination and G-2? Between G-2 and the post-G-2 e-HOBBY manga? After the post-G-2 e-HOBBY manga?

If it's after the e-HOBBY stuff, what became of Galvatron II and MP Ghost Starscream? Both were still at large last we saw them.

I doubt it's after the e-HOBBY stuff, Chip Chase would be extremely old, if not dead. I'm wagering it's before or just after Masterforce.

[edit] Although... The Zone Drone kinda throws a monkey wrench in that theory.

Edited by Terrortron, 27 August 2012 - 01:01 PM.

Needed: Missile for Movie 1 Jolt

#14 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 63888 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Aug 27 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably gonna borrow facets of these fiction for my US PCCs.

Nope. You can't. Gotta buy the United EX figures to use the fiction. icon-fire.gif

All kidding aside, the storyline sounds very promising.

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#15 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15020 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

While I like that there is an explanation for all the "Master" names, I'm curious when those names were taken up. Where the characters known by other names prior to becoming Master Class/Chaos, or did they start out as Chopper, Jet, Combat, etc?

Because if they did, I think a Decepticon named "Roller" really should have a cool story behind it... icon-fire.gif

Edited by Lukeblast, 27 August 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Terrortron @ Aug 27 2012, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sabrblade @ Aug 27 2012, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt it's after the e-HOBBY stuff, Chip Chase would be extremely old, if not dead. I'm wagering it's before or just after Masterforce.

[edit] Although... The Zone Drone kinda throws a monkey wrench in that theory.

Maybe Chip biogenetically augments himself for longer life?

Heck, maybe Professor Chase has already become Prowl 2 at this point? If that's not mixing continuities in some weird way.

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Aug 27 2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Aug 27 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably gonna borrow facets of these fiction for my US PCCs.

Nope. You can't. Gotta buy the United EX figures to use the fiction. icon-fire.gif

Wish I could. I really like a few of those colors, but woooo, those prices.

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Aug 27 2012, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I like that there is an explanation for all the "Master" names, I'm curious when those names were taken up. Where the characters known by other names prior to becoming Master Class/Chaos, or did they start out as Chopper, Jet, Combat, etc?

Was wondering that myself.

-ZacWilliam, for some reason, wants the fiction for these to include a secret HQ hidden inside a mountain where P. Chase works.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 27 August 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#17 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 26935 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Aug 27 2012, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Chip biogenetically augments himself for longer life?

Heck, maybe Professor Chase has already become Prowl 2 at this point? If that's not mixing continuities in some weird way.
Or, this Professor Chase could be the son of Chip Chase?

#18 Hydra

Hydra

• Citizen
  • 2379 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Lukeblast @ Aug 28 2012, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because if they did, I think a Decepticon named "Roller" really should have a cool story behind it... icon-fire.gif

The first volume of the story will let you know exactly when it takes place. It's during G1, so it's long prior to e-HOBBY's post-G2 stories. Chip Chase is getting up there in years, although I kind of assumed that his body had spent a good 10 or so years in stasis, per his involvement in the Binaltech fiction.

What's fun about the story is that pretty much every one of the characters is suggested to be a pre-existing Transformer, some more minor than others. Some might be a little controversial, but I had fun with it. I wrote the drone names, functions, etc. as clues, so fans can enjoy putting the pieces together.

-Hydra

SELL ME THESE ITEMS!

#19 Terrortron

Terrortron
  • Citizen
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Now I've gotta figure out how much I want these guys and whether or not the PCC versions will satisfy me (I doubt it). If it gets manga my wallet is definitely screwed.
Needed: Missile for Movie 1 Jolt

#20 Hydra

Hydra

• Citizen
  • 2379 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Terrortron @ Aug 28 2012, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I've gotta figure out how much I want these guys and whether or not the PCC versions will satisfy me (I doubt it). If it gets manga my wallet is definitely screwed.

No manga at the moment, but let me just say that the back-of-box art ROCKS.

-Hydra
SELL ME THESE ITEMS!