Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

Photo
- - - - -

Micro Machines Thread 2.0

57 replies to this topic

#1 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Since I can't find the last Micro Machines thread, here we go with another one!

This weekend (17th - 19th) is the tax-free holiday here in Texas, meaning that select items deemed "school supplies" are exempt from the state income tax.

In between shopping for various articles of clothing (I wear things until they start falling apart, then take advantage of the holiday to stock up for cheap), I snuck off to the toy section of the local Wal-Mart to glance around.

There's a new line out called "Nano Speed". These are Micro Machine-scale cars that have tiny little friction motors inside of them, the bulk of the motors being such that everything now has a chibi appearance.

You have two-packs ($5), four-packs ($8), and a mix of stunt sets featuring redecos / recolors of the cars from the other packs.

The two-packs and four-packs both have related theme sets; match the colors of the tabs on the lower right-hand corner of the front of each card; for example, the civil service sets have a red tab. You have a civil service theme (police car, garbage truck, fire engine, metro bus, meter maid cart, and delivery van), a hot rod theme, an off-road theme, a super car theme, and a race car theme.

Sadly, given just how much I was plunking down for clothes, I had to limit my one splurge for the paycheck to some Legos I'd already acquired. Maybe next time I can get some and test them out.

#2 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Another Micro Machines clone has been spotted in the wild.

It's called "Sonix City."

The big playsets ($20 each; includes two vehicles)) consist of small buildings on a large mat; when certain buttons are pressed or the vehicles drive over certain spots on the mat, you get noises and dialogue playing. To get more dialogue, you can buy smaller sets ($7; includes a vehicle) and put them atop the open spaces of the mats to activate more sounds.

There are four mats (city / rescue, construction, airport, and race track), four smaller sets (gas station, car wash, auto detailer, and fast food), and four car packs (rescue, airport, construction, and race vehicles).

Unfortunately, though, it looks like everything hinges on getting the big sets since the small sets and cars don't make noise on their own.

#3 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye out for both of these, then. I had some luck during my last yard sale hunt and found some NASCAR micros and a handful of other micro cars and soldier figures(including the Joker van! I had one of those when I was a kid, it was a nice nostalgia find.)

#4 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(Asquian @ Sep 2 2012, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye out for both of these, then. I had some luck during my last yard sale hunt and found some NASCAR micros and a handful of other micro cars and soldier figures(including the Joker van! I had one of those when I was a kid, it was a nice nostalgia find.)

I spotted the Nano Speed at the local Wal-Mart, but had to go to the local Target to find the Sonix City.

#5 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 2 2012, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Asquian @ Sep 2 2012, 07:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I spotted the Nano Speed at the local Wal-Mart, but had to go to the local Target to find the Sonix City.

Yeah, I just went to a WM and spotted em. Cars, launcher, track set, I'm quite interested in the line. I'll be keeping an eye on em, maybe pick up a few packs later.

unfortunately Targets are apparently persona non grata in my area, so I'll have to save that hunt for another day.

#6 Metroplex79

Metroplex79

Hey mouse, say cheese!

• Citizen
  • 2961 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

I miss the old Star Wars and Star Trek Micro Machines. Sure some of the vehicles weren't great (*shakes fist at Enterprise E*), but most were fairly well done. There could have been a fairly decent sized line if they did the Clone Wars series.
My Virtual Toy Collection: Savage Blitzkrieg Squad (MIC)

One week left, and there's still time for you to make it!!!
I'll be a dealer there this year, drop by and say "hello".

#7 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE(Metroplex79 @ Sep 6 2012, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I miss the old Star Wars and Star Trek Micro Machines. Sure some of the vehicles weren't great (*shakes fist at Enterprise E*), but most were fairly well done. There could have been a fairly decent sized line if they did the Clone Wars series.

I think that for the time being, Hasbro is more inclined to use Galoob to make die-cast products (the Titaniums and the Action Fleet stuff) than to actually try and bring back the micro lines even though other companies are doing it now.

#8 Metroplex79

Metroplex79

Hey mouse, say cheese!

• Citizen
  • 2961 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 6 2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that for the time being, Hasbro is more inclined to use Galoob to make die-cast products (the Titaniums and the Action Fleet stuff) than to actually try and bring back the micro lines even though other companies are doing it now.

I did collect the Titanium line as well. But after a certain point, there was more plastic than die-cast.
Are there still Action Fleet stuff? I haven't seen any in Canada in ages.

The Fighter Pods line from Hasbro could have been used to make micro vehicles. Oh well.

#9 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(Metroplex79 @ Sep 6 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Sep 6 2012, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did collect the Titanium line as well. But after a certain point, there was more plastic than die-cast.
Are there still Action Fleet stuff? I haven't seen any in Canada in ages.

The Fighter Pods line from Hasbro could have been used to make micro vehicles. Oh well.

About a year or so back there was a final assortment of Star Wars product that was made by Galoob; it consisted of individually-packed die-cast vehicles that came with their own launchers.

#10 Asquian

Asquian
  • Supporter
  • 21605 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Relevant:
http://www.toysrus.c...goryId=15375356

TRU 20% off all Nano speed products.

#11 Metroplex79

Metroplex79

Hey mouse, say cheese!

• Citizen
  • 2961 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

I recently had to buy Star Trek Heroclix, just to get my "Micro Machines" fix...is that sad or what?

#12 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Just got back from the local TRU -

Sonix City

There's a TRU exclusive carrying case that can fit one of the larger playsets inside. It comes with a red and blue repaint of the police car.

Spin-Ball Racers

Looks like an even cheaper version of Playmate's Speed-Eez from a few years ago. There's 12+ packs of five vehicles each, but each vehicle mold has been re-used at least three times and so there aren't a lot of actual vehicle molds; for example, you have a red fire engine, a yellow fire engine, and an orange fire engine. There aren't any specific themes per pack, but just random cars.

There's also a carry and go launcher set that comes with two cars.

Both the packs and the launcher are on sale this weekend.

#13 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Just read the latest TRU ad.

From 3 PM today until 1 PM tomorrow, all Nano Speed 2-packs are "buy 2, get 1 free".

#14 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Anyone remember the Macro Machines assortment?

Remember the "Reversibles" aspect, in which one car could turn into another car?

Ja-Ru apparently decided to revisit the concept, via their "X-Botz" line. Each car is a little larger than a Hot Wheels car, and you "transform" them by unlocking a pair of tabs on the side and flipping the parts inside-out.

I saw two vehicles on the shelf at one of the local Family Dollar stores: a police car / sports car and a Humvee / SUV. The car comes in yellow (police car) and green (sports car), but the card artwork depicts a more traditional black & white cruiser turning into a red sports car. The Humvee / SUV comes in both green (Humvee) / yellow (SUV) and red (SUV) / blue (Humvee). The back of the card shows an ambulance that transforms into a cargo truck that's marked as a fire engine, but I didn't see one.

They were only $1 each, so I picked up two. They're the usual Ja-Ru quality, which is to say that QC is erratic at best.

But if you're looking to experiment with the Reversibles concept again, here you go.

#15 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

The local Target had all Sonix City items and select Nano-Speed items on clearance, so folks might want to check and see what their Targets are doing.

#16 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Adventure Wheels is back with their die-cast Micro Machines clones.

They come in packs of 8 and retail at Wal-Mart for $6.

I can confirm seeing three pack assortments while I was at the local Wal-Mart today:

*a mix of their "racing" and "urban" cars

*a mix of military ground vehicles, combat aircraft, and "urban" vehicles.

*a mix of military ground vehicles, combat aircraft, rescue vehicles, and urban vehicles.

The tank appears in both sets that had ground vehicles.

I'll have to go back and check to see whether or not the police car and the construction vehicle molds were used (outside of the dump truck being available in military colors).

#17 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:44 PM

I had another one of those "finding a treasure trove at retail" dreams last night.

I was visiting a new store in a new area, and found their toy section. In the process, I discovered several new Micro Machines knock-offs.

One brand was produced by a company who did all sorts of cars, including a cross-branded line of Hot Wheels-style vehicles. These vehicles all used sparkle plastic for the vehicle bodies, both the Micro Machine ones and the Hot Wheels ones.

Another brand had a unique twist on the Super 10 packs and Super 20 packs Galoob used to do at one point. With them, each such pack was blind-packed. You would buy a box with X number of vehicles, and the vehicles inside were randomly packed in based on theme (such as a "city" vehicles set which included a van and some cars).

Makes me wonder if something like the latter would work for real.

I do recall seeing some play sets, but the only one I distinctly remember was awful.

#18 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

Had another odd dream last night. 

Some local school was having a garage (re: boot) sale to raise money to support their technology education department. 

As part of it, I discovered a collection of Micro Machines games for the Game Boy Advance system. This alone is odd, as Hasbro did virtually nothing to promote the revived line back during the early 2000s. Odder still is the selection of games and the pack-ins that came with them. 

One game was a Micro Machines version of the "Initial D" franchise. The game came with an AE86 Toyota Trueno Corolla done up like the main vehicle from the series, even though IRL there was never a Micro Machines Corolla of any stripe; this would mean that the mold was created just for the game. Since the game was made by a company known as Velcro Rabbit, the game also included a small stuffed rabbit that was made from velcro. 

Another game came packed with a Pontiac Transport vehicle, which is odd as the mold IRL wasn't released at any point after 1999 or so. I don't recall if the game was a driving simulator for the Transport itself, some sort of "Animal Crossing" game using Micro Machine vehicles & playsets, or what it was. 

A third game was a Micro Machines Star Wars game. It came packed with a TiE pilot mini-figure, but I don't remember if it came with a vehicle beyond that. 

#19 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:31 PM

Legit Hasbro-brand Star Wars Micro Machines!

Hasbro Toy Shop has listings for vehicle packs and play sets.

Don't know if this will be just a one-off or if it means they're back for good.

#20 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Here's what we've got -

8 * $5 themed vehicle packs consisting of three vehicles each (New Hope, Return, Prequels, and new movie)

3 * $10 themed vehicle packs consisting of 2 - 3 figures and 5 - 6 vehicles each (New Hope, Prequels, new movie)

8? * Titanium vehicles, single-carded

? * Titanium vehicles four-packs

Blind-bagged vehicle assortment consisting of 12 vehicles (4 are unique, the rest are redecos from the vehicle packs)

R2-D2 transforming playset

Millennium Falcon transforming playset

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users