Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (26 June 2019 - 03:27 PM)

new episodes are up?

@  Boomhauer : (26 June 2019 - 01:30 PM)

The voice acting bothers me less than the weird-as-hell timing on the action. Entire show feels like its paced like a internet cartoon.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (25 June 2019 - 10:12 PM)

It's like drawing someone in the "superhero landing" pose. It's just part of the cultural vocabulary at this point.

@  Arazyr : (25 June 2019 - 07:14 PM)

I can hear that post... *shudder*

@  B-Fox : (25 June 2019 - 06:09 PM)

So why does Cyberverse sound like . . . *that*?

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:05 PM)

Also, the theoretical new image would be a new compostion, it would just be individual bodies, or even just body parts, that are based on existing references by other creators, with the major caveat that there is more than one example for each reference so it's basically more like "following an established trend" than "copying someone's original creation".

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 04:03 PM)

Well, an homage is usually marked by a signature along the lines of "artist X after artist Y". I wasn't thinking about recreating something particularly memorable, just looking for reference images (just of a pose/perspective/layout) that looks like what I want, then finding more examples that just happen to look very similar, and it cannot be determined which version came "first".

@  ZakuConvoy : (25 June 2019 - 03:09 PM)

What you're describing is more an "homage" than plagiarism, really. I'm assuming you would be using different characters. It's basically like all the comic covers that homage the death of Supergirl cover from Crisis on Infinite Earths...but with different characters. It's not plagiarism, it's a reference. But if several artists have a memorable layout and are all using it, chances are it actually is referencing something memorably original.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Would that still qualify as plagiarism? After all, it could be argued that what I've recreated isn't that original to begin with since several other people have supposedly had the same general idependently from each other.

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM)

And I were then to create a new image, not traced but maybe "swiped", except I wouldn't copy a specific source image, but merely recreate the basic pose and perspective shared between all of them...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:52 PM)

*deleted*

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:49 PM)

And out of sheer coincidence, they all feature very similar ideas, concepts, poses and/or perspectives, supposedly with none of the original creators having copied from one of the others...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:47 PM)

Assuming I were to find not one but two, three, four or even more source images, all of them by different artists, or by different photographers depicting different models...

@  Nevermore : (25 June 2019 - 01:45 PM)

Just out of curiosity, a question regarding the concept of plagiarism:

@  Benbot : (25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM)

That game needs a remake

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 08:57 AM)

I am Error.

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 June 2019 - 08:17 AM)

There is no error. There is only Zuul.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

The unicron singularity fixes all continuity errors.. including Power Rangers related ones now!

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Speaking of Power Rangers...

5181 replies to this topic

#4981 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3156 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

I just had this idea that Hasbro could make some of the kid allies of the Autobots into Power Rangers if they wanted too, like Kicker and Sari both look like Power Rangers so why not?

Simply, NO, its better Transformers and Power Rangers, even Gi Joes remain seperate, thou I would think Gi Joe would be more likely to create Power Rangers to combat Cobra's threat, thou I can see for some reason, the final boss battle against Cobra, the bad guys using a monster in the shape of a Cobra snake and when the battle is over the Cobra commander is unmasked as DTrump, the team yell "Yo Jo!" then cut to see the real Cobra commander in his mask walking away laughing that he gotten away scott free, again!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4982 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36110 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

I wouldn't, but you could VERY easily cross Power Rangers and GIJoe and not completely loose either plot imo. We've had rangers that are part of semi-goverment and/or peace-keeping teams. (Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, SPD, maybe RPM). And GiJoe has fought monsterous threats. Speciffically the one thing, that gets most ignored: Cobra-La. Make Serpentor as the main villian, with a bunch of snake-monster type minions. GiJoe hands normal Cobra, and the Rangers deals with Cobra's other half. You still get the tradtional Joe stuff, and The rangers are still multicolored toku heroes fighting MOTWs.No having to stretch either premise, no having to adult it up, or anything like that. Just play both concepts straight (Keeping Pr in tone to series like the ones I mentioned, and GiJoe a bit more RAH-ish) and you'd probably be fine.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#4983 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10936 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

I hate to say it.. I'd love a joke where the Dinobots actually scan the Dinozords instead of Dinosaurs... ;D

#4984 Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo
  • Citizen
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

I hate to say it.. I'd love a joke where the Dinobots actually scan the Dinozords instead of Dinosaurs... ;D

So Big Convoy and Tigatron would replace Sludge and Snarl then.

#4985 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10936 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:25 PM

That works. :D

#4986 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8969 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:28 AM

Quick Question for Legacy prop collectors. Did they ever have the Ninjetti Falcon Coin made or are we forever short one White ranger coin?

Just bought the Green/White Legacy Morpher at Gamestrop and am tempted to go full coin with the Power Coin and Ninjetti Coin sets but I don't see the Falcon coin in anything right now I'm looking at.

#4987 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

I wasn't aware they made any of the ninja coins.  I saw some 3rd party ones that had all6, but said it may not fit the morphers.

#4988 K Gatzby

K Gatzby

Mew.

• Supporter
  • 4751 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

You're suggestion ruined me.. because now I see a whole Miniseries of GI Joe trying to figure out of the Rangers are a National Threat.....

They would be if Cobra was able to make their own Rangers.

Zeddpentor...

Signatures are overrated.

#4989 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8969 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:29 PM

I wasn't aware they made any of the ninja coins.  I saw some 3rd party ones that had all6, but said it may not fit the morphers.

Yep the 5 core rangers in one set. Have it for the original coins and the Ninja Coins. Found out the one time the Falcon coin was put out was with the White MMPR Movie version. So it's probably the hardest coin to obtain from Bandai.

#4990 Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo
  • Citizen
  • 544 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:07 AM

Am I the only one that thinks this look a little bit a like? Ironhide's Cybertronian mode in WFC and Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue Pyro Rescue 1.

800px-War-for-Cybertron-Siege-Deluxe-Iro

Lightspeed%20Rescue%20Pyro.jpg

#4991 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14044 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:19 AM

Quick Question for Legacy prop collectors. Did they ever have the Ninjetti Falcon Coin made or are we forever short one White ranger coin?

Just bought the Green/White Legacy Morpher at Gamestrop and am tempted to go full coin with the Power Coin and Ninjetti Coin sets but I don't see the Falcon coin in anything right now I'm looking at.

IIRC they made a TRU-exclusive handful of Movie Morphers (color-coded stickers and belt clip/frame things) for Red, White, and Pink that came with one TV coin and one Movie/Ninjetti coin. Coins were shiny and clean rather than weathered.

Ah, listed here: http://rangercentral.../toy-legacy.htmLots of unboxings and reviews on YouTube too.

I'd been meaning to track one down for completeness' sake (managed to get the Legacy morpher with the Tiger/Dragon coins), but honestly, the already-prohibitive price compounded by the TRU exclusiveness made it clear that would never happen for me. More so with the Green/White Communicator, which is an even more egregious case of same.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#4992 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 36110 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

Our first look at Beast Morpher toys:

https://comicbook.co...ay-toys-hasbro/

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#4993 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11847 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:37 AM

and Playskool is doing Megazords too now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Playskool Morphin Megazord 1.jpg

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#4994 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

that's actually kind of cool.

#4995 Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo
  • Citizen
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

and Playskool is doing Megazords too now.

That is a Megazord Playset.

#4996 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10936 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

that's actually kind of cool.

I'd say... It's flat out "Wild!"

#4997 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

Well I didn't want to force the pun..

#4998 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10936 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:17 PM

I just don't think you had the access....

#4999 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11847 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

Here's some of the actual Beast Morphers figures:

https://news.tokunat...al-images-58662

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5000 Glenn

Glenn

• Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

"cyber villain blaze" just looks like red ranger with a different helmet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users