Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5735 replies to this topic

#5721 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:32 PM

Yeah sorry.. I don't think that was -ever- going to get off the ground, whether Saban owned it or not.

True, but, my point was that Saban at least had an interest in the idea while Hasbro put the kibosh on it.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5722 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11246 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:48 AM

Saban was probably only talking about it to keep JDF quiet. There was never a chance Saban wouldn't put that much money into it.

And if you agree it was never going to happen in the first place... why not officially cancel ot?

Edited by Tm_Silverclaw, 19 July 2020 - 05:49 AM.

#5723 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 09:10 AM

Saban was probably only talking about it to keep JDF quiet. There was never a chance Saban wouldn't put that much money into it.

And if you agree it was never going to happen in the first place... why not officially cancel ot?

My original response was to Steevy Maximus mentioning the possibility of Hasbro expanding Power Rangers into new adult territory with Drakkon listed as an example of something they could built an adult-oriented thing around, to which I responded with the notion that Hasbro killed that idea that Saban was at least considering when they bought Power Rangers from Saban.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5724 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9550 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

Seems we are getting special edition Drakkon Evo III figure with an extensive lightning effects parts, Saba sadly with head intact still and four Ranger Helmets of MMPR Green, Red, Yellow, and Pink besides his own. Due out in September. Where at is still unknown it seems.

Edited by Daith, 22 July 2020 - 01:56 PM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#5725 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1888 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:57 PM

IGN says it's supposed to be a Pulse exclusive.

I've never gotten into the comics, so I only know what I've read about them here and there. Is there a reason he only comes with those 4 helmets? I'm guessing he doesn't have the blue one since he didn't get Billy's coin, but what about black? Is he supposed to use Zack's coin to get this new form or something?

#5726 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9550 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:38 PM

Im actually not sure. It seems like theres a cover its trying to take inspiration from. But at this point Drakkon has taken powers from multiple Ranger teams so limiting the Helmets to just MM Rangers is odd to me other than that was shown on the artwork.

#5727 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:32 AM

Battle for the Grid - Collector's Edition coming to all physical consoles (PS4, Switch, and Xbox One):

#5728 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10758 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

I've never gotten into the comics, so I only know what I've read about them here and there. Is there a reason he only comes with those 4 helmets? I'm guessing he doesn't have the blue one since he didn't get Billy's coin, but what about black? Is he supposed to use Zack's coin to get this new form or something?

I assume since it's a Tommy Oliver the black comes from the Dino thunderblack gem.

Edited by Glenn, 29 July 2020 - 08:43 AM.

#5729 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1403 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:01 AM

I assume since it's a Tommy Oliver the black comes from the Dino thunderblack gem.

You've both misunderstood the question and assumed incorrectly.

As for the question asked, there's no good story reason for him to not include the MMPR Black helmet 

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#5730 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1888 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:24 PM

So, it's been two years this month since Hasbro first unveiled the Lightning Collection. I'm sitting here with a full set of Psycho Rangers on my desk, including Psycho Green. Meanwhile, you still can't complete the original MMPR team without using exclusive alternate versions for black and green. Who would have ever bet on that being the case two years ago?

So speaking of Psycho Green, I got to wondering the other day. With external media adding alternate/past teams, other off-screen members of teams, etc., has there really never been a seventh MMPR ranger created to go with Titanus? That seems like really low-hanging fruit that someone would have gone for at some point.

#5731 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:17 PM

So, it's been two years this month since Hasbro first unveiled the Lightning Collection. I'm sitting here with a full set of Psycho Rangers on my desk, including Psycho Green. Meanwhile, you still can't complete the original MMPR team without using exclusive alternate versions for black and green. Who would have ever bet on that being the case two years ago?

So speaking of Psycho Green, I got to wondering the other day. With external media adding alternate/past teams, other off-screen members of teams, etc., has there really never been a seventh MMPR ranger created to go with Titanus? That seems like really low-hanging fruit that someone would have gone for at some point.

I think the existing MMPR White Ranger might fit the bill on that since, despite both his tiger motif and his originating from Dairanger instead of Zyuranger, his color would suggest that had he existed during MMPR season 1 (and separately from the MMPR Green Ranger) Saban probably would have declared Titanus to be his zord, like how they made the Falconzord his zord during Season 3 when the Falconzord's Kakuranger counterpart was originally ranger-less just like Titanus and his Zyuranger counterpart were.

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 August 2020 - 08:18 PM.

#5732 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9550 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:26 PM

True but just about every alt MMPR power has been derivative of the original teams power sets other than the Orange and Purple rangers :D

The Omega and Solar Rangers are their own beast to deal with, but everything else the comic has brought in from the Coinless universe has been stuff like spreading out the rangers powers across an army, merging Green and White, making Pink look like a baddy, and giving Trini a nice power armor suit (Would buy a lightning collection of that). Right now it seems they are just going to bring in Green again somehow (Drakkon somehow) Making a brand new Ranger to pilot the carrier zords seems a bit overdoing it and would no doubt be more upsetting to the fandom than bringing back the Green powers or giving Bulk and Skull their powers for a joke comic.Besides what color would you give to the supposed Titanus/ Tor Ranger?

#5733 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:37 PM

Going off what I said before about if the MMPR White Ranger had been around during Season 1 to be Titanus's ranger, had the same been true of the MMPR Green Ranger being allowed to stick around throughout all of Season 2 (and, again, separately from the White Ranger) then he could have been given Tor as his new zord.

Though, he'd definitely become zord-less by the time of Season 3 since Kakuranger didn't have any spare green-colored zords to be assigned to the Green Ranger for MMPR.

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 August 2020 - 08:37 PM.

#5734 Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo
  • Citizen
  • 723 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:24 AM

Going off what I said before about if the MMPR White Ranger had been around during Season 1 to be Titanus's ranger, had the same been true of the MMPR Green Ranger being allowed to stick around throughout all of Season 2 (and, again, separately from the White Ranger) then he could have been given Tor as his new zord.

Though, he'd definitely become zord-less by the time of Season 3 since Kakuranger didn't have any spare green-colored zords to be assigned to the Green Ranger for MMPR.

Well there's a green zord I thought of that could have been used in season 3, but it's not from Kakuranger, it's from Dairanger, Serpentera but that would mean Zedd didn't have Zord and they didn't use that footage in season 2.

#5735 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30624 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:59 AM

Well there's a green zord I thought of that could have been used in season 3, but it's not from Kakuranger, it's from Dairanger, Serpentera but that would mean Zedd didn't have Zord and they didn't use that footage in season 2.

It wouldn't do them any good if they couldn't use the existing zord footage.

#5736 Demovere Xeno

Demovere Xeno

Not a model, perhaps

• Citizen
  • 3981 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:29 AM

I think the existing MMPR White Ranger might fit the bill on that since, despite both his tiger motif and his originating from Dairanger instead of Zyuranger, his color would suggest that had he existed during MMPR season 1 (and separately from the MMPR Green Ranger) Saban probably would have declared Titanus to be his zord, like how they made the Falconzord his zord during Season 3 when the Falconzord's Kakuranger counterpart was originally ranger-less just like Titanus and his Zyuranger counterpart were.

It would still be cool to see a dedicated 'Brachio Ranger' that fits the rest of the Zyuranger suits get designed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users