Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I shot the sheriff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:24 PM)

han wasn't even in the movie until later

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 July 2020 - 04:23 PM)

the stormtroopers shot first

@  Sabrblade : (14 July 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Maclunkey

@  Paladin : (14 July 2020 - 06:18 AM)

the correct answwer to "who shot first" will always be "Harrison Ford if he ever hears that hugging question again."

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 July 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Han shot first. Plain and simple.

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5701 replies to this topic

#5481 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9515 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

Um I'd say the Battalizer gimmick is still well and alive, just renamed for different series any more.

And technically we did have Hyperforce Pink get one but ya a real show Battlizer for a female ranger would be cool.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#5482 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30410 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

I want a Female ranger to get the Battalizer toy for a change!

For that we need a female Red Ranger,

Which we did get in Samurai (and in SPD, but she turned evil).

after all in the history of PR its been the Red Ranger who gets the main Battalizer,

Lightspeed Rescue introduced the Battlizer-esque Megabattle Armors, which were used by the Blue and Green Rangers, and in Time Force by the Quantum Ranger.

And later, Samurai's Battlizer, Shogun Mode, was used by the Red, Blue, and Pink Rangers, while Ninja Steel's Battlizer, Lion Fire Mode, was used by the Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold Rangers.

thou Jungle Fury put an end to the Battalizer gimmick,

But which was brought back in the Neo-Saban Era and continues to be used to this day, with Red Fury Mode in Beast Morphers.

of course that was the time when they didn't use the Japanese verison of the villian as the main villian of the story, while later series would do that.

And now they're back to using an American-made villain in Evox.

Edited by Sabrblade, 03 October 2019 - 07:57 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5483 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28961 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:39 PM

Evox is Messiah.

Ironbite-just so you know.

xC9l3eY.gif

#5484 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30410 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

Evox is Messiah.

Messiah wasn't a CG snake similar to Venosnaker from Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Granted, the Messiah Cell costume from Go-Busters was used for Evox's physical form for one episode, but just that one episode. With how Beast Morphers season 1 ended, we can expect season 2 to have

Spoiler

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5485 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36720 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

Evox is Messiah.

Messiah wasn't a CG snake similar to Venosnaker from Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Granted, the Messiah Cell costume from Go-Busters was used for Evox's physical form for one episode, but just that one episode. With how Beast Morphers season 1 ended, we can expect season 2 to have
Spoiler

I mean if your gonna complain/disqualify Evox for that then Master Org isn't an American villian either. He's based on the villain from Dairanger(?). Nor is Vengix, as he too takes physical forms from the sentai. Heckyl from Dino Charge probably doesn't count due to Snide. Honestly very few American original villians don't have any connection to the Sentai.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5486 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11213 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:09 PM

Grum doesn't!

#5487 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

Well, I just finished up the Psycho Path OGN.  I liked it.  I think it might even be a little better than the Soul of the Dragon OGN from last year.  I'd definitely recommend it for fans of In Space.  If you're not familiar with In Space...I'm not sure if you'll get as much out of this.

Just...a slight recommendation.  You might want to read the short story in the back of the trade BEFORE reading the main story....and maybe pull out Boom's Mighty Morphin #20, just to review where the main villain of this piece has been before.  The short story is actually a reprint of "Psychotic" from the second Boom Deluxe collection.  So, that's a nice treat, since I was MUCH more interested in that one than the exclusive short for the first Deluxe collection.  

I do have a few little quibbles with the book, but I can't really talk about it without spoilers, so...(seriously, don't open the spoiler box unless you're prepared to have the whole book spoiled for you)

Spoiler

And...I'd just like to say I'd like a Time Force-focused OGN next.  Maybe something with Wes handing out interdimensional Transportals to different ranger teams like in the Ninja Steel crossover?  I dunno I just like Time Force.  

Although a Hyperforce adaptation or sequel could be fun, too.  I really do want them to adapt Hyperforce's story into something less...time consuming.  

Or...I dunno, maybe an anthology featuring all the pre-Mighty Morphin Sentai teams that Hasbro's probably never going to flesh out?  It'd be fun to see what they come up with for stuff like Bioman or Liveman.

#5488 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30410 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

And...I'd just like to say I'd like a Time Force-focused OGN next.  Maybe something with Wes handing out interdimensional Transportals to different ranger teams like in the Ninja Steel crossover?  I dunno I just like Time Force.

Maybe something that finally addresses whether or not Wes and Jen's relationship managed to overcome their 1000-year separation.

Edited by Sabrblade, 10 October 2019 - 08:23 PM.

#5489 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

That would be ideal...I'm just not sure if Boom would be allowed to do that or not.  Then again, they gave Tommy a wife and kid, so I guess anything is possible.

#5490 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30410 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

That would be ideal...I'm just not sure if Boom would be allowed to do that or not.  Then again, they gave Tommy a wife and kid, so I guess anything is possible.

Didn't JJ get first revealed in "Dimensions in Danger", or did the episode take him from the comics?

#5491 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:16 PM

Dimensions in Danger aired first and that's probably where the wife and kid came from, ..but for all I know Soul of the Dragon was possibly being written at around the same time. DiD was released August 2018 and SotD was released in December 2018...it usually takes longer to make a TV show than a comic, so thinking about it, the idea probably comes from the tv side of things.  BUT, JDF was lobbying for that Green Ranger movie for a while before any of that, so it's possible the wife and kid are originally from JDF himself (pure speculation on my part).  

And to be fair...I completely forgot JJ was mentioned in Dimensions in Danger :doh

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 10 October 2019 - 11:26 PM.

#5492 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9515 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:23 AM

Tigerzord!.jpg

Best part of this compared to other Star Wars and Transformers helmets I have, I can actually fit my glasses inside comfortably! Downside my big dumbo ears tend to get pinched as I seal the helmet. And the clasps on the sides are just for show. Also I think in trying to keep up with the previous Red and Green Legacy helmets it comes with a stand to place it on.

Edited by Daith, 20 October 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#5493 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9515 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

A bit better thanks to Snapchat

Tigerzord Morph.jpg

#5494 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13372 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

and here's Lightning Wave 3.

https://news.tokunat...-released-63784

Attached Thumbnails

• Lightning Collection Lord Drakkon 1.jpg
  • Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Red 1.jpg
  • Lightning Collection Beast Morphers Blue 1.jpg
  • Lightning Collection Dino Charge Gold 2.jpg

Edited by Paladin, 25 October 2019 - 10:11 AM.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5495 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9515 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

I feel Drakkons cuffs on his gloves and boots could use a small amount of detail lining. Good to see regular Jason. Beast Morphers Blue looks cool but I don't plan on getting that team unless I have to. But man do I noot like the look of the shoulder pads on Dino Charge Gold. Did they really look like they hovered over his shoulders in the show?

#5496 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30410 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:50 PM

Dan Southworth reprises the Quantum Ranger in Battle for the Grid

And in Legacy Wars - https://twitter.com/...814527548551168

#5497 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29181 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:38 AM

Went to the PR panel.

Dear God, JDF will not shut up. On and on and on...

#5498 unitremover

unitremover
  • Retired Staff
  • 1537 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

My interest in Power Rangers is mostly running on childhood nostalgia and the clips I've watched on Youtube have made me feel like I probably shouldn't actually try to go back and watch any of it, but I've been collecting Lightning Collection and really enjoyed it so far!

ada0b5f3f70efd2782789631e43e854ed1099242

6c5b77e614dc2be0ff2d23f4fe52f4e30c8d44a0

7d06dfd34f761193df470636ec28bc1e502f5e13

a8e583fe0cf3c3d9b5b39acbac142d173199a045

#5499 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13372 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

Lightning Collection figures get a price bump next year- from $19.99 to $21.49. 

https://twitter.com/...491006720839681

Thank you, tariffs. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5500 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28961 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

Went to the PR panel.

Dear God, JDF will not shut up. On and on and on...

Sounds fun!

xC9l3eY.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users