Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5510 replies to this topic

#5481 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

Um I'd say the Battalizer gimmick is still well and alive, just renamed for different series any more.

And technically we did have Hyperforce Pink get one but ya a real show Battlizer for a female ranger would be cool.

#5482 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29004 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

I want a Female ranger to get the Battalizer toy for a change!

For that we need a female Red Ranger,

Which we did get in Samurai (and in SPD, but she turned evil).

after all in the history of PR its been the Red Ranger who gets the main Battalizer,

Lightspeed Rescue introduced the Battlizer-esque Megabattle Armors, which were used by the Blue and Green Rangers, and in Time Force by the Quantum Ranger.

And later, Samurai's Battlizer, Shogun Mode, was used by the Red, Blue, and Pink Rangers, while Ninja Steel's Battlizer, Lion Fire Mode, was used by the Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold Rangers.

thou Jungle Fury put an end to the Battalizer gimmick,

But which was brought back in the Neo-Saban Era and continues to be used to this day, with Red Fury Mode in Beast Morphers.

of course that was the time when they didn't use the Japanese verison of the villian as the main villian of the story, while later series would do that.

And now they're back to using an American-made villain in Evox.

Edited by Sabrblade, 03 October 2019 - 07:57 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5483 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28150 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:39 PM

Evox is Messiah.

Ironbite-just so you know.

xC9l3eY.gif

#5484 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29004 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:43 PM

Evox is Messiah.

Messiah wasn't a CG snake similar to Venosnaker from Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Granted, the Messiah Cell costume from Go-Busters was used for Evox's physical form for one episode, but just that one episode. With how Beast Morphers season 1 ended, we can expect season 2 to have

Spoiler

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5485 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36476 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

Evox is Messiah.

Messiah wasn't a CG snake similar to Venosnaker from Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Granted, the Messiah Cell costume from Go-Busters was used for Evox's physical form for one episode, but just that one episode. With how Beast Morphers season 1 ended, we can expect season 2 to have
Spoiler

I mean if your gonna complain/disqualify Evox for that then Master Org isn't an American villian either. He's based on the villain from Dairanger(?). Nor is Vengix, as he too takes physical forms from the sentai. Heckyl from Dino Charge probably doesn't count due to Snide. Honestly very few American original villians don't have any connection to the Sentai.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5486 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11057 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:09 PM

Grum doesn't!

#5487 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 557 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

Well, I just finished up the Psycho Path OGN.  I liked it.  I think it might even be a little better than the Soul of the Dragon OGN from last year.  I'd definitely recommend it for fans of In Space.  If you're not familiar with In Space...I'm not sure if you'll get as much out of this.

Just...a slight recommendation.  You might want to read the short story in the back of the trade BEFORE reading the main story....and maybe pull out Boom's Mighty Morphin #20, just to review where the main villain of this piece has been before.  The short story is actually a reprint of "Psychotic" from the second Boom Deluxe collection.  So, that's a nice treat, since I was MUCH more interested in that one than the exclusive short for the first Deluxe collection.  

I do have a few little quibbles with the book, but I can't really talk about it without spoilers, so...(seriously, don't open the spoiler box unless you're prepared to have the whole book spoiled for you)

Spoiler

And...I'd just like to say I'd like a Time Force-focused OGN next.  Maybe something with Wes handing out interdimensional Transportals to different ranger teams like in the Ninja Steel crossover?  I dunno I just like Time Force.  

Although a Hyperforce adaptation or sequel could be fun, too.  I really do want them to adapt Hyperforce's story into something less...time consuming.  

Or...I dunno, maybe an anthology featuring all the pre-Mighty Morphin Sentai teams that Hasbro's probably never going to flesh out?  It'd be fun to see what they come up with for stuff like Bioman or Liveman.

#5488 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29004 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

And...I'd just like to say I'd like a Time Force-focused OGN next.  Maybe something with Wes handing out interdimensional Transportals to different ranger teams like in the Ninja Steel crossover?  I dunno I just like Time Force.

Maybe something that finally addresses whether or not Wes and Jen's relationship managed to overcome their 1000-year separation.

Edited by Sabrblade, 10 October 2019 - 08:23 PM.

#5489 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 557 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:49 PM

That would be ideal...I'm just not sure if Boom would be allowed to do that or not.  Then again, they gave Tommy a wife and kid, so I guess anything is possible.

#5490 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29004 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

That would be ideal...I'm just not sure if Boom would be allowed to do that or not.  Then again, they gave Tommy a wife and kid, so I guess anything is possible.

Didn't JJ get first revealed in "Dimensions in Danger", or did the episode take him from the comics?

#5491 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 557 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:16 PM

Dimensions in Danger aired first and that's probably where the wife and kid came from, ..but for all I know Soul of the Dragon was possibly being written at around the same time. DiD was released August 2018 and SotD was released in December 2018...it usually takes longer to make a TV show than a comic, so thinking about it, the idea probably comes from the tv side of things.  BUT, JDF was lobbying for that Green Ranger movie for a while before any of that, so it's possible the wife and kid are originally from JDF himself (pure speculation on my part).  

And to be fair...I completely forgot JJ was mentioned in Dimensions in Danger :doh

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 10 October 2019 - 11:26 PM.

#5492 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:23 AM

Tigerzord!.jpg

Best part of this compared to other Star Wars and Transformers helmets I have, I can actually fit my glasses inside comfortably! Downside my big dumbo ears tend to get pinched as I seal the helmet. And the clasps on the sides are just for show. Also I think in trying to keep up with the previous Red and Green Legacy helmets it comes with a stand to place it on.

Edited by Daith, 20 October 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#5493 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

A bit better thanks to Snapchat

Tigerzord Morph.jpg

#5494 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12453 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

and here's Lightning Wave 3.

https://news.tokunat...-released-63784

Attached Thumbnails

• Lightning Collection Lord Drakkon 1.jpg
  • Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Red 1.jpg
  • Lightning Collection Beast Morphers Blue 1.jpg
  • Lightning Collection Dino Charge Gold 2.jpg

Edited by Paladin, 25 October 2019 - 10:11 AM.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5495 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9165 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

I feel Drakkons cuffs on his gloves and boots could use a small amount of detail lining. Good to see regular Jason. Beast Morphers Blue looks cool but I don't plan on getting that team unless I have to. But man do I noot like the look of the shoulder pads on Dino Charge Gold. Did they really look like they hovered over his shoulders in the show?

#5496 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29004 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:50 PM

Dan Southworth reprises the Quantum Ranger in Battle for the Grid

And in Legacy Wars - https://twitter.com/...814527548551168

#5497 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:38 AM

Went to the PR panel.

Dear God, JDF will not shut up. On and on and on...

#5498 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1512 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

My interest in Power Rangers is mostly running on childhood nostalgia and the clips I've watched on Youtube have made me feel like I probably shouldn't actually try to go back and watch any of it, but I've been collecting Lightning Collection and really enjoyed it so far!

ada0b5f3f70efd2782789631e43e854ed1099242

6c5b77e614dc2be0ff2d23f4fe52f4e30c8d44a0

7d06dfd34f761193df470636ec28bc1e502f5e13

a8e583fe0cf3c3d9b5b39acbac142d173199a045

#5499 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12453 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

Lightning Collection figures get a price bump next year- from $19.99 to $21.49. 

https://twitter.com/...491006720839681

Thank you, tariffs. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5500 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28150 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:39 PM

Went to the PR panel.

Dear God, JDF will not shut up. On and on and on...

Sounds fun!

xC9l3eY.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users