Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 August 2020 - 02:47 AM)

Fake news, no shinobi.

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5738 replies to this topic

#5441 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10839 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

My condolences. Power Rangers and Transformers have both lost a member of the family with his passing, and the world lost a fantastic VA.

Seriously, Lord Zedd was awesome.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#5442 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18884 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

Lord Zedd was metal.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#5443 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

Lord Zedd was metal.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

And fleshy. :p

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5444 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11247 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

Lord Zedd was metal.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

And fleshy. :p

No.. He very much lacked flesh.

#5445 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

Skin and a skull but still quite fleshy

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#5446 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29231 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:38 AM

https://www.mcmcomic...-into-action-at

#5447 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36725 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

Wrestler comes out cosplayed as Megaforce's Silver super mode: https://twitter.com/...2050762752?s=19

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#5448 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29069 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

....I hugging MISSED THAT!?

xC9l3eY.gif

#5449 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:55 PM

So the Heroes of the Grid board game started their second round Kickstarter today, and funded in less than ten minutes.Granted the buy in for people who have already gotten the first rounds kickstarter only need to pledge 110 to 130 depending if they have already gotten the Bulk and Skull pack yet or not.

New to this round are the 5 Zeo Rangers with all their corresponding character, battle, and Zord cards. The Gold Ranger with a double sided character card for both Trey and Jason and the other corresponding cards. A Tommy legacy pack featuring all of Tommy's other normal Ranger forms MMPR Green and White, Red Turbo, and Black Dino Thunder, as well as an enemy evil Black Dino Thunder robot from the Ninja Steel Crossover. And lastly a Mega Goldar that plays in a similar way to the Cyclopsis figure with a multi card body to fight off. My only things against this is there is no Machine Empire characters to fight, and no new figure for the Zeo Megazord. Hopefully a Zeo enemy pack will come later.

And sadly no backer goals. One so they can get this out to us faster, two to avoid possible tariff fees possibly incoming that could increase the cost to ship it from China, and lastly we would have broken the goals in an instant. As of tonight the goal is funded just short of 6 times over the goal.

#5450 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11247 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:36 AM

I just wish I had people/place to play if I bought the game.

#5451 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 9559 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

I know the feeling. Me and my buddy are eager to play it but havent had a good time lately to do so. Even when I took it to my local board game night it was a tough sell but ended up being the first game played that night since I had it ready.

But some changes already a few days in. Jason and Trey will have separate character cards as people who sleeve their cards didnt like the idea of having to pull the card out every time they wanted to switch between the two as well as a full set of 6 black and gold dice

And in the Tommy pack. MMPR Green and White will get brand new character cards as those who bought in the first Kickstarter possibly already have two copies of those cards already. This way its not going to be just another of the same ranger all over again. Also new figure sculpts for those two and a new Megazord card with Dragonzord Fighter Mode.

No word yet but Im betting on some sort of rules to play with a Master Morpher with all Tommys Ranger forms other than White Ninja being available

Also someone had a picture up on Twitter showing SPD Shadow Ranger on Battle for the Grid fighting Goldar on the Corinth stage.

#5452 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8254 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

Lightning Collection Goldar arrived yesterday. Very solid.

Kinda impressed that his face is specifically modeled after the US-footage costume. But thats the one that ended up with more screen time so I guess its allright.

#5453 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:05 PM

How many suit faces did Goldar end up having, anyway?

Not counting the MMPR: The Movie one, of course.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5454 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29231 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:35 PM

Those movie costumes were atrocious.

#5455 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29069 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

Hey you know how in the TV show everyone's wearing this nice spandex?

Yeah.

Screw that let's go plastic.

Ironbite-YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!

xC9l3eY.gif

#5456 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:24 PM

I liked the movie suits.  Still do.

I always wanted a revisit of that styling.

~Marduk (kind of a faux leathery look)

#5457 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:32 PM

They wanted the suits in the movie to look less like long johns and more like armor.

They just didn't do it quite right, what with how uber fragile the suits were, constantly tearing up during every take.

Still looked better than the so-called "Metallic Armor" from MMPR Season 3 (I bet the movie suits were even supposed to be used for said upgrade before they settled on the glittered suits).

#5458 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13494 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:58 PM

and let's not forget at one point the execs wanted the MMPR Movie helmets to have open visors so the actors could "emote better" in combat. 

Attached Thumbnails

• MMPRTMHelmets.jpg

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#5459 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14587 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

Wow, that looks weird and bad.

Yeah, 'metallic armour' glitter was kinda dumb and, unsurprisingly, hardly used.

Seeing the faces of the main stars is a very movie exec (and sometimes movie star) kinda thing to do. I mean, look at the Power Ranger 2017 film. Once the get the armour on, they very quickly open the faceplates.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 21 September 2019 - 06:28 PM.

fslookup.jpg

#5460 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30669 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, 'metallic armour' glitter was kinda dumb and, unsurprisingly, hardly used.

To be a little fair, they only first got the armor just a few episodes before the season was about to end, anyway, with said ending rendering all of their powers inoperable, and which were completely destroyed a couple of episodes later during MMAR. The Metallic Armor didn't really have time to see much use.

A blessing in disguise, basically. ;)

Seeing the faces of the main stars is a very movie exec (and sometimes movie star) kinda thing to do. I mean, look at the Power Ranger 2017 film. Once the get the armour on, they very quickly open the faceplates.

This is why I'm genuinely glad that the Judge Dredd movie starring Karl Urban allowed Urban to keep his visor on the whole time and never show Dredd's real face underneath.

Edited by Sabrblade, 22 September 2019 - 09:16 AM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users