Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 September 2020 - 04:20 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov to RUN

@  Bass X0 : (29 September 2020 - 03:15 PM)

I want Dr. Smoov or the Jaboody Show guys to dub over WFC with voices and personalities more in line with the 80s cartoon. That means no more jerk Bumblebee.

@  Maximus Ambus : (29 September 2020 - 01:35 AM)

Ever notice Kath SOucie's Janine in the later episodes of Real Ghostbusters sounds like Tara Strong's Sari Sumdac?

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:10 PM)

I wish they were more universal like Beast Wars, Animated or Prime and as professionally done,

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 September 2020 - 02:06 PM)

The Netflix shows are done for adults, the Generation toyline is for adults who grew up with G1.

@  Sabrblade : (28 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Who said it ever was?

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 September 2020 - 12:43 PM)

Whatever happened to WFC Earthrise being a kids show X'D

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 11:43 AM)

Cool, my last tablet couldn't run it, and I stopped caring by the time I got the new one. So thanks!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:27 AM)

There are crossover characters, but the amount and distribution... Marvel Vs Capcom this ain't.  If @wonko the sane? my bad!

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:21 AM)

I've been playing for *checks account* 1002 days, 23 hours.  So, by 2021, it will have been three years.  I think it takes place in its own continuity, largely inspired by G1 but borrowing from other places.

@  Otaku : (28 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

@wonko the sane? Can only speak for Earth Wars, but so few they're easy to forget.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 September 2020 - 07:39 AM)

Didn't they already do the across universes thing in that tablet game?

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:30 AM)

Also, make the setting an amalgamation of different Transformers series, rather than based on a specific one. Bring in things like 'Sentinel Major' as the primo Autobot jerk, and sleek car mode Vehicons as the Decepticons' basic grunt.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:27 AM)

KT just needs to incorporate the vehicle modes into the combat system, like Platinum did for Devastation, so they're for more than just wheeling it across the battlefield. =P

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 05:25 AM)

Transformers: Warriors of Cybertron! =D

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (28 September 2020 - 05:15 AM)

I want a Power Rangers Mosu. I would also take a Transformers Mosu. :D

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 September 2020 - 04:50 AM)

It even ended on a sequel hook.

@  Demovere Xeno : (28 September 2020 - 04:40 AM)

Man, I just want another Devastation game... =(

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 September 2020 - 01:53 AM)

Aren't TFs way more varied than Joes, as far as they'd work in gameplay? Like, Omega Supreme is vastly different from Bumblebee.

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

Hell, ripoff Super Robot Wars withTFs

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 10:16 PM)

IDK they could make something like FF tactics or Fire Emblem ripoff with Robots and i'd buy it

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 09:43 PM)

See, I feel GI Joe (with it's varied cast) is a better fit for a strategy game, where as Transformers feels more suited for a shooter.

@  Maruten : (27 September 2020 - 08:28 PM)

I might give them points for making a strategy game if it's actually a good strategy game.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:48 PM)

I mean, points for making a strategy game instead of third person shooter, but: urrrrgggg. Cyberverse.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 07:47 PM)

A transformers game for the switch? *checks* Urrrggg... cyberverse...

@  Steevy Maximus : (27 September 2020 - 06:28 PM)

October will be a big month for Hasbro fans: Zoids, GI Joe AND Transformers all have brand new console games. All on the Switch at that!

@  wonko the sane? : (27 September 2020 - 09:04 AM)

At least in animated he was more driven than just "loyal bootlick".

@  unluckiness : (27 September 2020 - 08:29 AM)

Oof, That's a huge downgrade

@  Maximus Ambus : (27 September 2020 - 02:35 AM)

After rewatching Animated Sound and Fury, in my head canon Titans Return Soundwave is that Soundwave.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:09 PM)

On an unrelated note: I just got the BBTS email about kingdom pre-orders... and even the stuff I don't want I'm perfectly willing to get if it means I can have the rest of it.

@  wonko the sane? : (26 September 2020 - 04:08 PM)

It's digimon. So first one, then the other.

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

50/50 odds, it's either a helicopter with limbs, or a scantily-clad human with heli blades on their back. If female, 90% odds on the second one.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 September 2020 - 12:39 PM)

I read that as "Helicoptermon" and wondered what kind of Digimon that was.

@  Bass X0 : (26 September 2020 - 12:35 PM)

Helicopter-mom, transform!

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 September 2020 - 11:58 PM)

Aw I scratched the hood of my 35th anniversary Bluestreak. Fortunately he's in robot mode a lot.

@  Sabrblade : (25 September 2020 - 07:24 PM)

No decoration could improve the wall more than Knockout himself

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 September 2020 - 05:04 PM)

The wall could use some decorating, though. Maybe a nice shelf or a portrait.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 04:32 PM)

I'm laughing so hard XDDD

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 September 2020 - 02:31 PM)

He doesn't even mind this time. You know what? It's comfortable here.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 September 2020 - 02:23 PM)

AND THEN KNOCKOUT WAS IN THE WALL AGAIN XDDD

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2020 - 01:11 PM)

is an annoying stage in Super Mario World.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2020 - 02:15 PM)

Gnarly.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 September 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Beast Era, a blonde rat called Sunsqueaker.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 September 2020 - 01:00 PM)

And then Knockout was in the wall again.

@  Sabrblade : (24 September 2020 - 12:53 PM)

Knockout: "Ooh, sorry, Lord Megatron. The correct word was... 'Decepticon'."

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 September 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Knockout: *while doing a crossword puzzle* Lord Megatron, whats a ten letter word for disappointment? | Megatron: ...... Starscream.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 September 2020 - 01:20 PM)

@Bass X0 Shockwave did it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 September 2020 - 11:56 AM)

At least it's not Suntwerker.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 September 2020 - 11:19 AM)

I read that name as "suntweaker" the first time, and was terrified for a moment...

@  Bass X0 : (23 September 2020 - 03:41 AM)

Prowl did nothing wrong.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5755 replies to this topic

#4261 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11276 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Uh.. We still have Super Ninja Steal to go through.

#4262 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

History of Power Rangers YouTube-friendly revised videos update (for anyone still interested in Linkara's YouTube-friendly revised HOPR videos):

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4263 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10909 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

Supposedly next Saturday (Jan 27) is the premier of Super Ninja Steel.

#4264 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5289 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Hopefully with Sledge coming in it will give this series some life.

--SoS

#4265 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Hopefully with Sledge coming in 

Wait, what?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4266 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29309 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Revealed in this trailer, right at the end:

#4267 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11276 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

I guess I need to catch up. Well since the "Season" is over.. I can. I just hate watching TV now with the "Midsummer afternoon tea finally!" crap they've got going.. Or like Rangers 4 eps and then 8 eps of repeats.. then 4 eps... So to speak. Once a season is over.. I watch a show.

*heck.. I refuse to watch Kamen rider till all associate eps and moves are available."

#4268 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

Revealed in this trailer,

Man, that trailer grossly over-exaggerates the level of excitement and coolness that there was in the few episodes of the season.

right at the end:

Ugh, once again, a much more interesting villain gets shafted in favor of a more generic villain.

#4269 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36811 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

I think Ninja Steel's biggest issue for most is that this feels like a very 'Sloan-esque' season. It feels more like MMPR then any of the Neo-Saban series so far,  to an almost painful degree. It doesn't feel like a Judd Lynn helmed series at all. Dino Charge was a really good season over all, despite its faults. It wasn't the best, but it still had the charm and allure that Lynn's series tend to have. So coming into Ninja Steel and getting something that's about a 'perfect' recreation of the MMPR formula as possible is a bit like hitting a brick wall. The characters feel flat, the villains aren't that interesting (Sledge was dull, but he still had more character then Galvanax imo but even Sledge's crew had a lot of good personality to them that Galvanax's crew mostly lacks other then Cosmo), the plots feel a bit run of the mill with the few good ideas being glossed over or squandered quickly, and then there it Victor and Monty who are hit or miss (I do like the most the time), and to me most the times come off as trying too hard to be Bulk and Skull 3.0 (Bulk and Spike were 2.0). There is a chance Super Steel could really change things up, there seems to be some interesting plans floating around, but I still think the series as whole is probably gonna be one of the more forgettable ones of the franchise.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#4270 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:19 AM

Just so it's clear, the more interesting villain I was referring to was Madame Odious, whom the Ninja Steel finale finally allowed to step up her game and ended with her seemingly preparing to step into the role of main villain.

But now that Sledge is coming instead, ugh, so much for that bit of intrigue.

P.S. - Has it really been as far back as Queen Bansheera that we've never had another main female villain? Yikes.

Edited by Sabrblade, 22 January 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#4271 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36811 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

I'm not yet convinced that Sledge is gonna be a new main villain, I think he's just an anniversary villain (thought I doubt he's THE anniversary villain) who's gonna be around for awhile, probably long enough for a DC/NS crossover though I feel we'll probably get a Once a Ranger/Forever Red type crossover later based on some rumors I've heard.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#4272 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

If they do a DC/NS crossover, I wonder how they'll carry it out with how DSC ended up placing DC and DSC in its own timeline separate from the main timeline (I still can't believe they did that, it sounds like something Tzachor, instead of Lynn, would have done). NS may turn out to be in the DC timeline instead of the main one.

#4273 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13620 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Well, it took 20 years but we're finally getting Psycho Rangers!

Attached Thumbnails

• LegacyPsycho.jpg

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#4274 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4175 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

Any idea if Psycho Pink will get a figure?  She was the most successful out of all of them after all.

#4275 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36811 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

Okay, here's something cool, a 25th Anniversary villains shirt:

https://www.amazon.c...?tag=mm04d6b-20

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#4276 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

^ Hey, that tagline was the name of a Toon Disney block, advertised by Dr. Robotnik.

Anyway, some of those villain face choices seem really random. I mean, a Grinder? Argus? Jindrax instead of Master Org?

#4277 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36811 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:37 PM

I think for both cases they're more recognizable faces. Venjix had multiple looks through the series and the generals are almost forgettable besides Tanaya, so I guess the Grinder makes the most sense, and there does seem to be a putty as well so its not alone as a foot solider. I think Jindrax is more recognizable then Master Org as he was present through almost all the series, where as Master Org was only around occasionally.

My personal issue is having two Psycho Rangers on there, just because other then color they look a like. It feels a bit lazy, that and as stated above if any Psycho should have been on the shirt, its Pink.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#4278 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

What about Argus? Prince Vekar is already there too and Argus was arguably the least memorable of his generals.

#4279 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31087 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Also, I'm having trouble recognizing the ones to the left, right, and above Rito, and the one above Trakeena.

Edited by Sabrblade, 23 January 2018 - 01:24 PM.

#4280 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36811 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Also, I'm having trouble recognizing the ones to the left, right, and above Rito, and the one above Trakeena.

Rito:

Above: Madam Odious (Ninja Steel)

Left: Lotor (Ninja Storm)

Right: Master Xandred (Samurai)

Above Trakeena: Mesogog (Dino Thunder)

Argus: I'll agree that any of the other of Vekar's generals is more memorable, but Argus is personally the one I like best visually. Though Levira I think would have been a better choice since she's probably the most interesting of them.

Edited by Shadewing, 23 January 2018 - 01:42 PM.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users