Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5531 replies to this topic

#21 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18702 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE(Database @ Aug 3 2012, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RPM is the only one so far that seems to be definatly non-canon since its hard to work it in to the normal timeline.

Alternate universe, as we learned in that gawd-awful Samurai team-up.

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Aug 4 2012, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a terrible, terrible show.

How far are you?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#22 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28752 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

I think part of what made Green With Evil was the length. It wasn't a simple episode of a new brainwashed Ranger being won over in 24 minutes, it was a 2 and a half hour epic where the Rangers were put through hell. That's actually one of my most positive memories of the show, the writers LOVED doing events where you wondered how the team were going to bounce back.

However, as a whole....before the Nick deal, Jetix UK used MMPR episodes to fill the dead of night slots (do any kids actually watch these networks at that time of night?) and as I watched them in the first time for over a decade, I have to admit I found them pretty boring and cheesey. I certainly saw the cheese as a kid but never to this extent. The eyes of youth are a funny thing and part of why it annoys me when you see folks say 'Kids shows now suck! They're missing out on great stuff like *insert whatever happened to be on during their childhood*!"
That said, I think it helped that MMPR had a knowing self awareness at times. Some of the later seasons lost that and took themselves a bit too seriously to be any fun.

#23 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Aug 4 2012, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a terrible, terrible show.

Of course man, it's bloody Power Rangers.

PM me if you're bored!

#24 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Aug 4 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(do any kids actually watch these networks at that time of night?)

Not normally.

Instead, that time of night is usually reserved for adults and older teens who are still awake.

Ever since Nickelodeon arrived on the scene in the 1980s, the executives in charge of kids' programming networks have been faced with the question of what to do past a certain hour of the evening, as the prime viewing audience is most likely going to be asleep at that point.

For Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and The Hub, the answer was simple: gradually shift the programming from kid-friendly to adult-friendly. Nick and The Hub use vintage sitcoms and dramas, while CN goes to Adult Swim.

Nicktoons and Nickelodeon Kids just air re-runs of earlier programming.

The rest, like JETIX and Boomerang, either air "retro" shows or select genres that would appeal to older fans anyway.

#25 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6357 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

When I was a little kid my brother lived in Japan and on one of his visits he brought me a toy of the Power Ranger zords combined with the Dragonzord. Flash forward a year or two later after Power Rangers debut and that showed up in an episode. Was a very weird "Hey, wait a minute..." moment (didn't know they harvested a Japanese show for the series when I was little, of course.)

I echo the sentiments of In Space, or at least I very much enjoyed it after years of not watching Power Rangers and then catching it on a random Saturday. Had interesting characters, including the villains, had an epic scale and actual story arc. Well, at least, it seemed to get really good after the crossover with the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that FOX had for a while... that episode was icon-kicker.gif .

I downloaded and starting watching the In Space episodes last year to see how they held up. They were pretty terrible so I stopped. But, then again, I hadn't made it to/past the TMNT crossover ep. So maybe I should've hung in there just a little longer.

Edited by Teufel, 04 August 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#26 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28752 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Aug 4 2012, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(HellCat @ Aug 4 2012, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(do any kids actually watch these networks at that time of night?)

Not normally.

Instead, that time of night is usually reserved for adults and older teens who are still awake.

Ever since Nickelodeon arrived on the scene in the 1980s, the executives in charge of kids' programming networks have been faced with the question of what to do past a certain hour of the evening, as the prime viewing audience is most likely going to be asleep at that point.

For Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and The Hub, the answer was simple: gradually shift the programming from kid-friendly to adult-friendly. Nick and The Hub use vintage sitcoms and dramas, while CN goes to Adult Swim.

Nicktoons and Nickelodeon Kids just air re-runs of earlier programming.

The rest, like JETIX and Boomerang, either air "retro" shows or select genres that would appeal to older fans anyway.

Thing is, I live in the UK where such blocks don't exist. Most of the kids networks went 24 hours or close years back but they don't really have any programming for it, so the result is you get 11pm-6am full of lesser shows CN has rights to on a limited run of episodes night after night or Nick showing SpongeBob and iCarly at gone midnight. CN at least shows some of their 90s Cartoon Cartoons between 9-11pm but, again, limited choice of episodes in endless loop. Basically there's no reason for these networks to keep such a schedule if they don't have anything to air, unlike the American networks who get use out of those hours. Is iCarly hip with the stoner crowd?

#27 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(HellCat @ Aug 4 2012, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thing is, I live in the UK where such blocks don't exist. Most of the kids networks went 24 hours or close years back but they don't really have any programming for it, so the result is you get 11pm-6am full of lesser shows CN has rights to on a limited run of episodes night after night or Nick showing SpongeBob and iCarly at gone midnight. CN at least shows some of their 90s Cartoon Cartoons between 9-11pm but, again, limited choice of episodes in endless loop. Basically there's no reason for these networks to keep such a schedule if they don't have anything to air, unlike the American networks who get use out of those hours. Is iCarly hip with the stoner crowd?

Some networks just do re-runs as filler. In some instances it's a repeat of the night's prime-time lineup, while in other instances it's just whatever's handy.

#28 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66187 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(Zecora @ Aug 4 2012, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
* And that's what made the reveal of the White ranger as awesome as it was for me back in the day.

Yeah I got to really give them credit on that one. They made you think for the longest time it was going to be that new Hispanic kid they introduced, but BOOM nope it's Tommy back to lead the group! Awesome!

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#29 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29144 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Aug 4 2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Zecora @ Aug 4 2012, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
* And that's what made the reveal of the White ranger as awesome as it was for me back in the day.

Yeah I got to really give them credit on that one. They made you think for the longest time it was going to be that new Hispanic kid they introduced, but BOOM nope it's Tommy back to lead the group! Awesome!

Randy
Yep. Being a White Ranger red herring (and fanservice) were really the only reasons they brought in Richie. Though there were hints of a possible relationship between him and Trini, nothing came out of it beyond some mild flirting.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#30 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59940 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

None of this is on the DVD since there are no special features.. but I've been doing some research on the actors and I was surprised to learn that David Yost walked off the set and quit the show during Zeo due to the gay bashing and harassment he had received from producers, writers and such from the show.

And also that Thuy Trang died in a car accident in 2001.

#31 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29144 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Aug 4 2012, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
None of this is on the DVD since there are no special features.
Only the two non-general retail big box sets have the bonus feature discs.

Edited by Sabrblade, 04 August 2012 - 11:07 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#32 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(Kalidor @ Aug 4 2012, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Trang received an "in memorium" after an episode of Lightspeed Rescue.

...which really, really creeped me out after-the-fact.

The episode in question had the team's robot feeling frustrated because he couldn't see the future; it knew what was going on in the present, and could still contact Time Force HQ, but due to the actions of the rangers and the villains the immediate future had become a cloud he couldn't see into.

The moral of the episode was "live for today, because you don't know what's coming in the future."

...a moral that was driven home by the robot actually seeing into the future.

...and promptly flipping out because the future entailed "buildings being destroyed and a city being on fire."

Cue the "in memorium".

Why did it freak me out?

Episode debut: 8 September 2001.

I think we all know what happened three days later: buildings being destroyed, a city being on fire, and memorials all over the television.

#33 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66187 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Yeah I remember Thuy Trang died right before 9/11. I remember on IMDB it at one point said it was on 9/11.

ACItEK8.png

#34 Luke

Luke
  • Retired Staff
  • 15021 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Aug 5 2012, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Kalidor @ Aug 4 2012, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, Trang received an "in memorium" after an episode of Lightspeed Rescue.
Time Force.

And yeah, the show did a quick shift in themes after 9/11. Ransik was a bit less sympathetic, with his terrorist tendencies played down--and later semi-handwaved as partially being the influence of Orgs, the enemies of the Wild Force team. Shots of buildings being destroyed and similar things were edited out as well.

#35 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7774 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Haha, I just watched the first 3 episodes on Netflix.

This is 90's cheese at its finest. I also like how I never realised back then that the Yellow Ranger is actually a dude in the stock footage.

#36 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29144 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(Betty Nor @ Aug 5 2012, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also like how I never realised back then that the Yellow Ranger is actually a dude in the stock footage.
Named "Boi", even. icon-blitz.gif

#37 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18702 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:21 AM

I'm still curious how far in Kal was with that other statement, so we could tell him whether it gets better or not.

(Probably safe to say that unless he's in/through Space, then it will get better.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#38 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29144 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(LBD @ Aug 6 2012, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still curious how far in Kal was with that other statement, so we could tell him whether it gets better or not.
When does it get better in season 1? Back when the 2010 reversion aired, I watched all of that, and then continued watching the first season online from where the reversion left off. And, even with such multi-parters as "Green With Evil", "Island of Illusion", "The Green Candle", "Doomsday", and "Return of an Old Friend", it never got better. Out of ALL of those season 1 episodes I watched, only ONE episode ever really reached any levels of "awesome", and that was "Return of an Old Friend Part I", with Part II going back down to the same level of "okay" as the rest of the series.

I didn't get to continue watching into season 2 due to my life becoming busier at the time, but I do own the "Best of Power Rangers" DVD that contains the "White Light" two-parter, and watching that showed that that two-parter was FAR less cringeworthy than the content of season 1.

#39 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 59940 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'd say I'm about 2/3 through disc 1.

The problem is that the show is just SO dull. I mean, I understand these shows have formulas to them, but this is taking that to the extreme. The random stock footage from JuuRangers (or whatever) doesn't help. Here's the run down

- Some nonsensical event or situation occurs at the local juice bard/gym
- Rita mocks them for their stupid event and decides this is the perfect time to take over the world
- bullies Finster into making 'the perfect monster' for whatever non-situation exists
- monster gets sent to a random dump or quarry in some stock footage.
- idiot robot freaks out and tells them to go there
- stock footage power rangers defeat the monster, it grows big, they call the zords and defeat it again
- Rita grates on about how her plans have been ruined
- The finish whatever nonsense they were doing at the juice bar

That's not even taking into account the Bulk and Skull shenanigans... this is EVERY EPISODE. There's literally no point to anything anyone does.

How this show ever got popular is beyond me.

On the other hand, someone pointed me towards the JuuRangers show and that's actually not too terrible. But I've only watched a few episodes of that.

#40 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35134 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

It's Zyuranger, Kal

"Disabled people don’t have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isn’t a “special need”. It’s a basic human right. It’s a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users