Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

@  wonko the sane? : (06 October 2019 - 06:47 AM)

Shut up rattrap.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 October 2019 - 11:58 PM)

We're all gonna die!

@  Rodimus Supreme : (05 October 2019 - 09:29 PM)

UNICRON GOT MADE, BOIS!!!

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:19 AM)

They seem to be treating all the games with the same reverence.Even ReCoded, which was just an excuse to redo the first game again.

@  Trpodeca : (05 October 2019 - 07:18 AM)

For the first time in about eight years,I've played a Kingdom Hearts game.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 October 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Redjac Redjac Redjac

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5490 replies to this topic

#2641 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36417 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

I've mentioned it before, but in terms of the 'Zordon Era' Lost Galaxy is pretty much the Epilouge, as everything after are more self contained series, out side a few crossovers.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2642 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:50 PM

Sorry, forgot what was said. Id be alright without Alpha.  So they have the Space Rangers ship....what about their zords?

#2643 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36417 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Sorry, forgot what was said. Id be alright without Alpha.  So they have the Space Rangers ship....what about their zords?

It was pages ago anyway. hehe. :) The series mostly stands on its own legs, as such we don't see stuff like Alpha or the Megaship often, but they provide a more direct connection to the Zorda Era and the last series. The Galaxy Rangers never really use the Space Ranger's tech beyond of the Megaship now and then for transport. There will be other things later that also serve to connect to the Zordon era, places, people, etc.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2644 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

I read some synopsis on Netflix...seems kind of hard to get off of Terra with the Megaship and nobody notice.  Also...I read there will be Earthquakes...I dont see how thats possible without tectonic plates.  

#2645 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36417 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

There are just times you have to go: Its Power Rangers, don't think too much about it. :p

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2646 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11042 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:11 PM

Well it also would have helped if one of the guys in charge didn't go "THIS HAS TO BE SPACE THEMED!" and have everyone else go. "Uh.. how?"

#2647 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36417 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:37 PM

Well the whole reason it was Space themed, is because 'In Space' was stupidly successful, so TPTB felt that obviously space was the reason... despite 'In Space' actually being much less 'In Space' then the title leads you to believe.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2648 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11042 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Oh I know... But I just thought it was funny that everyone except the guy in charge at the time *amit was it?* was like... "Uh dude.. this isn't a space sentai."

#2649 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18652 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

Amit didn't come on until Wild Force, if I remember correctly. Even then, I'm not sure he was ever really "in charge"?

On LG Rangers using Space Ranger tech: I remember when I first saw the Jet Jammers, I thought they were modified Galaxy Gliders.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2650 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28805 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

I read some synopsis on Netflix...seems kind of hard to get off of Terra with the Megaship and nobody notice.  Also...I read there will be Earthquakes...I dont see how thats possible without tectonic plates.  

The quakes were artificial, caused by the monster of the day.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2651 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36417 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Oh I know... But I just thought it was funny that everyone except the guy in charge at the time *amit was it?* was like... "Uh dude.. this isn't a space sentai."

Amit didn't come on until Wild Force, if I remember correctly. Even then, I'm not sure he was ever really "in charge"?

On LG Rangers using Space Ranger tech: I remember when I first saw the Jet Jammers, I thought they were modified Galaxy Gliders.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

John Tzachor is who you are thinking of. He decided that Lost Galaxy needed to be Space themed, becuase Space was obviously popular. He decided that Lightspeed Rescue shouldn't have any ties to Zordon for a fresh start like the Sentais have (Lynn's original proposal was that the LR tech had some connection to Billy iirc), he's also the one that made Samurai be almost a straight 1:1 adaption of Shinkenger and the hot mess that was Mega Force becuase the dude apparently has no actual creativity, as his ideas always seem to come down to 'mirror the sentai'

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2652 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28040 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:58 AM

God and I'm betting he was responsible for showing episodes out of order.  Like having the third episode be first.

Ironbite-which is what swore me off Power Rangers forever.

xC9l3eY.gif

#2653 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28805 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:59 PM

God and I'm betting he was responsible for showing episodes out of order.  Like having the third episode be first.

No, that was Nickelodeon responsible for that.

As for more about Tzachor's working on the show, read this to see how Judd Lynn worked his butt off to make the seasons he worked on (the second half of Turbo through Time Force) as good as they could be (and were) while working under Tzachor - http://deriksmith.li...l.com/4099.html

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2654 Spectre

Spectre
  • Retired Staff
  • 10636 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

So, is this series worth reading/buying?

--SoS

Context: I grew up with Power Rangers and have a passing nostalgic interest in MMPR, but not much love for the stuff that came after that wasn't tied specifically to the original. I have not watched an episode of PR since...Dino Thunder, I guess. 

I think the comic is fantastic. Adds some great depth and gravitas to some of the events of the series. It's very much the kind of book I would want for PR, and really elevates the source material. There are 4 issues (starting with #0) of the main book, and one issue of the Pink Ranger spinoff. It's far better than it has any real right to be. I highly recommend it. 

• SoS likes this

#2655 SoS

SoS
  • Administrator
  • 5198 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

So, is this series worth reading/buying?

--SoS

Context: I grew up with Power Rangers and have a passing nostalgic interest in MMPR, but not much love for the stuff that came after that wasn't tied specifically to the original. I have not watched an episode of PR since...Dino Thunder, I guess. 

I think the comic is fantastic. Adds some great depth and gravitas to some of the events of the series. It's very much the kind of book I would want for PR, and really elevates the source material. There are 4 issues (starting with #0) of the main book, and one issue of the Pink Ranger spinoff. It's far better than it has any real right to be. I highly recommend it. 

I had hoped to get an answer like you have given just now. Your opinion is certainly valued. I grew up with Power Rangers as well, I think the last series I fully watched and invested my time with was in Space. Only recently have I had a nostalgic kick and all due to my 7 year old, who stumbled into Power Rangers via Netflix. We are having a blast watching Dino Charge together.

I cannot wait to read the comic now. That first trade come out soon enough.

--SoS

#2656 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

Just saw (I know, I am being late to the game again, do not tell me...) that there are already shots out of the upcoming movie (what's more, Gary Chalk's gonna be in it!)

Power-Rangers-2017-Movie-Ranger-Suits-Re

Guess here no-one told the director to redesign the suits and make them "more believable". (Sorry Bay, never gonna forget...)
Curious about this thing, anyway, the designs look good, wonder how the Zords will look like.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 17 June 2016 - 07:04 AM.

#2657 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12294 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:48 AM

I do think the suits look a bit better in practical form instead of stock imagery. 

Kinda wondering what the Putties might end up like though...

couple more images- 

http://yvrshoots.com...ml#.V2P_LfkrKM8

Attached Thumbnails

• Power Rangers Movie Suit Behind-The-Scenes 1.jpg

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2658 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28805 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

Just saw (I know, I am being late to the game again, do not tell me...) that there are already shots out of the upcoming movie (what's more, Gary Chalk's gonna be in it!)

You are correct, those suits and that Garry Chalk news were posted here several pages ago.

#2659 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28040 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

That's...putting it mildly actually.

Ironbite-you seem to do this a lot man.

xC9l3eY.gif

#2660 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7941 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

Eh. I mainly visit this thread for Movie news. I wouldn't be upset if we had a dedicated thread for the Movie and standard day-to-day Rangers talk each.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users