Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5490 replies to this topic

#2521 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36422 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

Turbo shouldn't be skipped. Anyone that says that has only remembers the first 16 or so episodes. And yes, they really aren't that great. But, thing is, with 'Passing of the Torch' the series becomes almost completely different, its still got a lot of camp and comedy... but there is only so much that can be done considering the source material Carranger was a complete farce. The two-partner not only signals the previous 4 older rangers stepping down on screen, but also the changing of the guard behind scenes. Up till this point, Power Rangers had been headed by Douglass Sloan, he and the majority of his staff were understandibly burned out by time Turbo arrived, that's nearly 5 years working on this show. With Passing of the Torch, the rest of Turbo is handled by Judd Lynn and Jackie Marchand, both who have long standing careers in Power Rangers as being damned good writers/creators. This marks the start of the 'Lynn Era' which lasts until Wild Force when a new head writer took over, but only lasted that one season before Disney replaced him. The worst series in this era is Lightspeed Resuce, which even Lynn felt was weak, but all are worth watching. Turbo is very much a study in how to avoid a series becoming a complete train wreck. There is a lot of good and interesting things done in the last half of the season as Lynn gears up for the next series.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2522 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7429 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

I think I saw a few Lightspeed Rescue episodes but never followed.  Ive watched all of Season 1 of Dino Charge and a few episodes of Dino Super Charge.  This show cracks me up with the outfits and the choreographed movements the Rangers do.  Ive enjoyed Dino Charge.  Those few episodes tonight though were just plain brutal.  

#2523 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18657 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

I liked Lightspeed Rescue, honestly. Took some of the actors time to find their feet, but once they did, it was overall pretty enjoyable IMO.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2524 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36422 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

I liked Lightspeed Rescue, honestly. Took some of the actors time to find their feet, but once they did, it was overall pretty enjoyable IMO.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I didn't say It was bad, just that is was weak. Not just the Actors, but the story and villains have issues 'finding their feet'. When it all finally comes together... its really fun. Chad and Kelsey are still two of the most bland rangers in the franchise, Dana's not a whole lot better, but at least she has the family element going with her that gives her some actual interesting things in the series. The villians are also mostly forgettable, with Diabolico being the best... mostly becuase they finally did something with him in the Titanium arc that made him interesting and is the reason he gets brought back. is Lynn was finally starting to feel the character getting good... when he's killed off for Olympus who's mostly just a momma's boy and not nearly as badass as he seemed at first. Lightspeed Rescue has a lot issues, but I'll never call it a bad series. Its just if you compare it to the Last half of Turbo, Space, Lost Galaxy, and Time Force... it's very much the one that doesn't stand out as being grand and epic.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2525 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28055 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

LIghtspeed Rescue gave us the Titanium Ranger.  Therefore it's more of a dip in quality on the road to Disney.

Ironbite-that's all.

xC9l3eY.gif

#2526 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28836 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

Lightspeed Rescue did have an awesome, completely American-filmed, non-Sentai finale with original Megazord footage, a clever twist on something from the Lost Galaxy finale, and arguably the most meaningful aftermath scene of any Power Rangers series finale ever.

And of course, the whole 11-episode Titanium Ranger arc was phenomenal, with very memorable moments such as:

• The ominous debut of the Titanium Ranger
  • The Rangers willing to gun down and kill another human Ranger firing squad-style when they have the Titanium Ranger at their mercy
  • Ryan's confrontation with his father at the cliffs
  • The Rangers going up against three monsters at a single time across several episodes
  • Ryan's coming to terms with the goodness within himself and saving the Rangers in his first morph as a heroic ranger
  • Ryan's cobra tattoo nightmare scene
  • Carter's very memorable scene of threatening to shoot Demonite at pointblank range with both his V-Lancer and the Rescue Bird if Demonite didn't call off his clone
  • The first appearance of both the Lightspeed Megazord and the Supertrain Megazord fighting side-by-side one another
  • The awesome but costly (to Ryan) debut of the Max Solarzord
  • The absolutely epic final battle with Diabolico defeating the Supertrain Megazord, nearly defeating the Lightspeed Megazord, and of course, getting utterly destroyed by the first appearance of the Lightspeed Solarzord
  • The Rangers first beholding Queen Bansheera and Impus's evolution into Olympius
  • The first battle against Olympius
  • And Olympius's infiltration of the Aquabase by disguising himself as the other four Rangers and Carter forcing him out by tackling him, unmorphed, into the open diving hatch, and since this caused Olympius to be electrocuted Carter could have been critically harmed in his actions, or worse.

Edited by Sabrblade, 18 May 2016 - 09:53 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2527 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17857 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Kelsey is worlds more interesting than Chad but I think for basic writing preferences they benefited from bouncing off each other a fair bit. Also, he was a boring character with interesting episodes compared to some rangers in other series that are more interesting characters but are poorly used.

But on the subject of Lightspeed Rescue as a whole, it sits in an interesting place for me since while many, myself included, could argue that on an objective level that it's average but on a subjective level I like it a lot more than a lot of "better" Ranger series. I think the fact that I like the base concept of rescue workers as superheroes is why it resonates so well. They're shown as active even without a monster being in the immediate area. I loved the fact that first getting their Zords was done with having them do a civilian rescue in the midst of dealing with the monster attack (who started large instead of doing the usual regular size fight first). There's something fairly grounded about the team. Also, the arcs in it give it good forward momentum. Lost Galaxy is more popular and it is mostly good but the arc plots tended to drag on or drop the ball outright at times.

And as Sabrblade pointed out, the series does have good stuff in it. While not my favorite theme song as a song, the instrumental is one of my favorite pieces of fighting/Zord transformation music. Carter Grayson gets established as awesome multiple times. I'd even joke that while many villains assault the Ranger bases, this is one team that can say they rolled into the villain's base and beat the devil out of everyone.

And Olympius's infiltration of the Aquabase by disguising himself as the other four Rangers and Carter forcing him out by tackling him, unmorphed, into the open diving hatch, and since this caused Olympius to be electrocuted Carter could have been critically harmed in his actions, or worse.

Let's remember that in the first episode unmorphed he jumped out of burning building carrying a civilian and he tried run over the monster in their transport vehicle.
Spoiler

#2528 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62193 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

yeah the last arc of Turbo was gold... and it launched right into Space... so while the guard was changed it was still the same patrol ..if you follow.

Wild force was where I dropped off I only caught it as the odd rerun

#2529 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26002 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

How can there be this much talk about Lightspeed Rescue with no mention of the Sky Cowboy's torrid love affair?

For shame.

Edited by D Buster Prime, 18 May 2016 - 05:22 PM.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#2530 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Nightmare Month!

• Supporter
  • 62193 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

331b544349fb3dc18767f3a249ce8ffb.jpg

crisis Averted ..you're a good person for reminding me DBP

#2531 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 17857 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

How can there be this much talk about Lightspeed Rescue with no mention of the Sky Cowboy's torrid love affair?

For shame.

While I like Joel and Ms. Fairweather, it's generally not my first thought about the show. I'd say it's interesting considering Joel does develop the most as a character but it might be an issue of personal episode choice.

attachicon.gif331b544349fb3dc18767f3a249ce8ffb.jpg

crisis Averted ..you're a good person for reminding me DBP

She looks worlds better without all that heavy makeup she wore on the show.
Spoiler

#2532 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28836 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:40 PM

Even aside from his crush on Ms. Fairweather, Joel was definitely the most fun and funny member of the team.

I think the fact that I like the base concept of rescue workers as superheroes is why it resonates so well. They're shown as active even without a monster being in the immediate area. I loved the fact that first getting their Zords was done with having them do a civilian rescue in the midst of dealing with the monster attack (who started large instead of doing the usual regular size fight first).

Indeed! In my rewatching the series back when its DVD Megaset came out, I really took a liking to the whole "rescuer" aspect of the team with them helping out people on the battlefield both unmorphed and morphed. It really helped to emphasize that the Power Rangers are more than just fighters and superhero soldiers, they're protect  and helpers as well. The Lightspeed Rangers were among the most comforting team of Rangers we ever had, as they never stopped reminding people, through their rescuing actions, that the people of Mariner Bay could sleep safe at night knowing that the Rangers are always on guard and on duty to keep everyone safe and secure.

There's also a few other aspects about the series that were among the many firsts for Power Rangers: PRLR was the first series to have the Rangers all be young adults rather than teenagers. Gone were the high school settings and "kid" element that the Rangers had before. Now they were working class civil servants with jobs and careers, who functioned not as the fantasy-based team of superheroes that had come before, but instead served as a military force meant to serve and protect the general public. And the powers, weapons, and zords were all now completely manmade and non-mystical in origin. All this put together gave the show a slightly more realistic feel overall. In this way, Lightspeed Rescue would probably be one of the more ideal series to adapt into a remake movie format rather than MMPR, but MMPR is the most iconic, so it's only natural that it gets that honor.

Edited by Sabrblade, 18 May 2016 - 11:47 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2533 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12319 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

apparently Gary Chalks' in the new movie. 

https://www.instagra.../p/BFkh-iMQORy/

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2534 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28836 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

Wow. That's awesome!

#2535 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9119 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

Looks like he's playing a cop from the Jacket but I'd welcome him as a new Goldar.

#2536 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36422 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

Maybe he's Lt. Stone?

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2537 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6525 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

Sweet!  He's going to be at a local convention in the fall.  Hopefully I'll get to meet him.  Always cool to see him in on screen.

#2538 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26002 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

A parent of one of the Rangers?

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#2539 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28055 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

Lord Deathman?

xC9l3eY.gif

#2540 Darth_Prime