Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Power Rangers General Discussion

5490 replies to this topic

#2161 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28634 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:29 AM

Couple of thoughts-

I do feel for Linkara when a season just fails to make the team engaging. I don't agree with all his ideas (not sure why Turbo should have been about the existing team learning to juggle Ranger duties with adult life) but I always agree when he comments on teams not really displaying heroic qualities. As he's mentioned many times, my vision of a Ranger is someone who deserves the powers because they would be a hero to the best of their ability even without them. Yeah the costumes and gadgets are cool but the moments that stick in my mind are always when a ranger or team is outgunned but still gives it their all to save the world. Even the cheesy first movie got that concept right. A season that gives us boring mannequins that just wear the powers is so boring.

I am disappointed in his thoughts on the costumes though. He's made it very clear that he doesn't care what the sentai does but I think Gokaiger had a brilliant concept with the team being human-like aliens from an already conquered planet who 'pirate' the past powers and slowly grow into caring about the virtues super sentai champions. Super Megaforce just keeping the pirate motif for stuff and not actually doing anything with it is a huge waste. I feel the same way about Magiranger vs Mystic Force, where the family connection in the Japanese series had much more going for it then 'RED IS THE ONLY ONE WHO MATTERS' in the Power Rangers take.

Also think Gokaiger made the 'why is no one else helping?' stuff make more sense since, from memory, wasn't the initial Legend War the opener and we're told the assembled teams lost their powers in exchange for unleashing a sure kill attack against the initial armada?

Keeping the sentai teams in is stupid. Yes, as he points out and many of us said at the time it's easy enough to say these are alien teams or ancient rangers. But they have no significance to an adaptation that started with Zyuranger. It might have been cool if they'd kept in an appearance by the original sentai team and explained with some mildly meta dialogue that we were seeing the original team that all Rangers across time and space were spawned from....but they didn't do that. There doesn't seem to be any reason beyond, as the video says, a weird mix of lazy and sentai fanboying.

#2162 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28824 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

Also think Gokaiger made the 'why is no one else helping?' stuff make more sense since, from memory, wasn't the initial Legend War the opener and we're told the assembled teams lost their powers in exchange for unleashing a sure kill attack against the initial armada?

Yep. But the geniuses behind Megaforce were all like "Oh, let's save that big battle for the series finale, kids'll love it and think it's an epic ending!" :rolleyes

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2163 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18657 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Couple of thoughts-

Keeping the sentai teams in is stupid. Yes, as he points out and many of us said at the time it's easy enough to say these are alien teams or ancient rangers. But they have no significance to an adaptation that started with Zyuranger. It might have been cool if they'd kept in an appearance by the original sentai team and explained with some mildly meta dialogue that we were seeing the original team that all Rangers across time and space were spawned from....but they didn't do that. There doesn't seem to be any reason beyond, as the video says, a weird mix of lazy and sentai fanboying.

It's even worse than just fanboying because we're not even given a real reason to care about any of them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2164 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36421 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

Couple of thoughts-

It's even worse than just fanboying because we're not even given a real reason to care about any of them.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Which is par for the course, as we're not really given real reason to care about any of the PR teams they turn into either beyond our own personal nostalgia.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#2165 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35132 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

Heck you're not even given much of a reason to care about the active Rangers either.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#2166 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28824 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

Thankfully, Dino Charge rectified that and made its team likable/enjoyable enough.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2167 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36421 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

Thankfully, Dino Charge rectified that and made its team likable/enjoyable enough.

Dino Charge fixes most everything, likely in large part to the fact Judd Lynn is involved. Just about any series he's involved in turns out to be really solid; and he's always been about telling a good story while also being able to keep to a budget. The seasons where he as head writer: He gets the promotion about half-way through Turbo so he's likely why the season got salvaged as much as it did near the end. Then he's the main creative force for Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, and Timeforce. Then Comes back to help finish up RPM when it starts going over budget; and now after two seasons that are very much 'use as much of the sentai as possible' we get a return to a focus on characters and story where it feels like things have weight and consequences again, as well as creativity with not following its counterpart too closely. It was pretty much a given that Dino Charge had to at the very least be a good, fun series just because of his track record when he has creative control.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2168 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28824 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:23 AM

It other words, eat it, Tzachor.

#2169 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18657 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

Couple of thoughts-

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Which is par for the course, as we're not really given real reason to care about any of the PR teams they turn into either beyond our own personal nostalgia.

At least we have personal nostalgia there. The other teams don't even have that, unless you happen to follow the Sentai, too, in which case... why would you even need this when you've got the much better Gokaiger?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#2170 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36421 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Couple of thoughts-

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

At least we have personal nostalgia there. The other teams don't even have that, unless you happen to follow the Sentai, too, in which case... why would you even need this when you've got the much better Gokaiger?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

The only Sentai I really give them something of a pass on Using is Dairanger... because "they" (Power Ranger production crews in general) have been trying to make a 'lost team of rangers' based on them for years, but it always got cut. It's still badly handled here, but them getting used at least finally gets all post zyu-teams PR counterparts. Older teams then that though is where my issue is... though part of me might have forgiven any use of Jetman... for my own personal reasons.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2171 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36421 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

So, while waiting for Dino Charge's full season to go up on Netflix, I've decided to revisit another series: Mystic Force.

Say what you will, but Kalish's series tended to do really good with the majority of their characters, PROO being the big exception. Toby, Phineus, Clair, Udonna, and even Leelee are generally fun to watch. Even the core aspects of the rangers are good... except Nick. I still feel Nick is the worst Red Ranger. I judge more on personality and actions then acting performance. Nick is pretty much the antithesis of what a Red Ranger should be, he has no faith, he gives up easily, he rarely even leads. Zander is closer to team leader, and the rangers end up being relegated to his support group since they've always got to convince him to keep going it feels like.

Also, I have to wonder just how bad the amount of Mythos in this season really is. Yes it pretty much pushes the rangers to the background and that is bad, but at the same time this is a series that had a firm grasp of its characters, history, and settings. Very few other rangers series get a strong mythos, and most the time it ends up being window dressing at best or tacked on at worst... no non-existance at worst thanks to SMF. Hell, just looking at the Kalish era series... each one really tried to be something different and unique. SPD being set completely in the future; Mystic Force is a fantasy epic; PROO is trying to capture the spirit of the adventure serials that inspired Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, and Uncharted; and Jungle Fury is a martial arts movie. RPM of course also follows this with being a Post-Apocalyptic series, but they all really try to be something completely different then standard Power Ranger series. For as bad as PROO is, it did succeed in capturing the style and spirit of Adventure Serials and that ends up being one of its few strengths.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Kalish return in the Neo-Saban era, 3 outta 4 series being good and creative... it'd be interesting what he could do with some of the good PR production team; I mean for one thing Neo-Saban's action scenes and stunts are much better done then most anything in Disney's era. Just compare any of Samurai's original sword fights to those in Mystic Force and you can really see the difference.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#2172 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4851 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

BoA really have got my wallet with the Dino Charge zords. I love them, can't wait for Bragigas or whatever his English name will be. They're just so fun, I liked the Super Megaforce stuff fine enough but these just blow them out the water.

Got Plesio Zord today and I think he's fantastic. I even like the T-Rex and Pachy combo (it looks a lot better in person than the stock photos).  Btw does anyone know if we're getting more original auxiliary zords with the last Megazord wave? They did such a great job with the Deinosuchus and Ammonite zords it would be a shame if that was it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1451783277396-1064611536.jpg

QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#2173 Tyranno

Tyranno

Let's not lose our heads

• Citizen
  • 35132 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

None have been solicited, but there's a green Parazord and red Raptorzord coming.

"Disabled people donít have special needs. We have very reasonable human needs. Our needs include freedom from abuse, violence, and mistreatment, the right to autonomy and self-direction, the right to represent ourselves, equal opportunity for education and employment, the right to accommodation, and societal inclusion and acceptance.

The need for accommodation isnít a ďspecial needĒ. Itís a basic human right. Itís a leveling of the playing field that allows us the same opportunities and chances as non-disabled people."

- Amethyst Schaber, http://neurowonderful.tumblr.com/

#2174 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4851 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

They're already out I saw them today. I imagine that there might be black reprints of the triceratops and stegosaurus to go with the black t-rex and part of me hopes that they reissue the normal color pachy in another wave assortment.

I'm starting to be happy that all the Sentai mecha designs have sucked since Kyoryuger, it's easier on the wallet this way lol.
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

#2175 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28824 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:24 AM

Was there ever a reason given for why BoA's Packy Zord is purple instead of gray like in the show?

#2176 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4851 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:13 AM

There was one released alongside an aqua green version of the Ammonite zord in the last assortment of the non super Dino Charge releases, but it was very rare and goes for a lot online.

Personally I like the purple version more, but I'm still annoyed by the fact that I can't own the more show accurate one.

http://shukuenshinob...rs-dino-charge/ here's a link to a review of the grey one. I don't blame you for not knowing it exists.

Edited by Liege, 03 January 2016 - 03:17 AM.

#2177 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28634 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

I dislike Mystic Force since I find it this odd mix of sticking too close to the sentai for parts but then changing what I think made that version work. In Magiranger the team are siblings with Red as the youngest, hence making him obviously appealing to kids and generally setting him up for this arc of proving himself that isn't as over bearing as some other examples in children's media. In MF, they keep the family ties minus the other four rangers and replace the Harry Potter influence with more LOTR type stuff. Plus said fantasy stuff often feels like it's pushing out the PR stuff which is a complaint I have about Kalish in general. On the one hand it's nice to see someone try new things but you could feel the known fact he wanted to be doing his own shows, not Power Rangers. It's weird because SPD for me is pretty much perfect.

#2178 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28824 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

On the one hand it's nice to see someone try new things but you could feel the known fact he wanted to be doing his own shows, not Power Rangers.

And yet, once he left Power Rangers to do his own shows, the first one he made was the very American Toku-esque Aaron Stone.

#2179 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28052 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

Aaron Stone is Toku-esque?  

xC9l3eY.gif

#2180 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff