Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

Photo

Man of Steel Official Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
893 replies to this topic

#881 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20723 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Mouse_Pad @ Aug 30 2013, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's one of my complaints about MoS. It was so dire and had very little comic relief.

It's not just a lack of comic relief... it's that it's completely joyless in every way.

Edited by Detour, 30 August 2013 - 11:28 AM.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#882 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1852 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I can't agree that it's joyless at all. Are the lighter moments relatively few and far between? Sure. But the first flight scene alone kills any notion that it could be completely joyless.

#883 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 9066 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

I didn't find it joyless. I'm sure some of you wish it had Otis in it, but I think it did fine without him.

#884 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20723 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Exatron @ Aug 30 2013, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't agree that it's joyless at all. Are the lighter moments relatively few and far between? Sure. But the first flight scene alone kills any notion that it could be completely joyless.

It's ridiculously ironic how you're pointing out that scene that's solely dependent on the score telling you "THIS IS EPIC YOU GUYSE!", considering how often I hear "YOU ONLY LIKE THE DONNER FILMS BECAUSE OF THE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE".

Here's an actualy joyful flight scene:

Clark finds out his origins after dealing with the appearance of his powers, freaks out thinking he's just a freak, runs away... and then he finds out he can fly and he's elated because he realizes he's not a freak, he's special, and returns home to reconcile with his parents.

The Last Son Of Krypton is such a better Superman "movie" than Man of Steel.

QUOTE(Local Trouble @ Aug 31 2013, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't find it joyless. I'm sure some of you wish it had Otis in it, but I think it did fine without him.

Oh, looky, that whole "joy = bumbling comic relief" strawman again.
My, how I missed you. icon-primal.gif

Edited by Detour, 31 August 2013 - 04:34 PM.

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#885 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 9066 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(Detour @ Aug 31 2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's ridiculously ironic how you're pointing out that scene that's solely dependent on the score telling you "THIS IS EPIC YOU GUYSE!", considering how often I hear "YOU ONLY LIKE THE DONNER FILMS BECAUSE OF THE JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE".

Were you off taking a piss during that scene? Superman's joyful laughing is what made it not joyless, not the score (which is epic, but that's beside the point).

Edited by Local Trouble, 31 August 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#886 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Or the scene where (in a flashback) we see kid Clark don the "cape". icon-hotrod.gif That, and well, Lois had a lot of scenes I considered funny, given her rather snarky attitude.
(And whoever says the Nolan Batman movies have no humour needs to re-watch them. There are so many quotable jokes... ("High heels... don't those hurt?" - "I don't know... (stab) Do they?" icon-hotrod.gif Heck, even Bane makes jokes. "It'd be excruitatingly painful... for you.")

#887 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30378 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

I found more humor in each Nolan Batman film than I did here.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#888 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 21498 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

So I finally watched Man of Steel...

And never have I been so conflicted about a movie.

I didn't see it in theaters and I held off watching it forever because, as I've said repeatedly, I had no interest in a GrimDarkKnight Style Superman film.  It's Superman, he has to be a little tongue in cheek by his very nature, and trying to DarkKnightify him is just wrong.

But my dear sweet father, bless his heart, got us the blu-ray for Christmas.  So I finally decided to sit down and watch this bad boy.

As I said, I'm mixed.  VERY mixed.

Ok, when he wasn't busy being emo, Henry Cavill was an *excellent* Superman.  When he was doing lighter things, he was great.  And, more importantly, the fights were *amazing*.  THAT is was action in a Superman film should be like.  Zod was pretty good and the fights were just so damn fun and flashy.  I absolutely LOVED Krypton.  So some VERY BIG positives there.

But then there's the negatives.  Killing Pa Kent was pointless (and silly).    The aforementioned Emo, which wasn't as bad as I had feared from the trailers, was distracting.  The plot seemed to make semi-sensical time jumps with no real frame of reference (How long between launching Baby Supes and Krypton blowing up?  ow long between the oil rig and the spaceship discovery?  How long between the spaceship discovery and Amy Ad-I mean Lois Lane finding Superman?)  Amy Adams - I love you dear, you're great in a bunch of kids movies, but honey, you ain't no Lois Lane.  And yes, we get it, Superman is Jesus, enough with the cross poses OK?

And then there's almosts.  I header Superman Killed Zod an was like 'hellll no', but then I saw it.  And while I'm actually ok with the situation presented in theory, in execution...  Well,  I'll just ask you this.  In the movie, as presented, where would we have picked up at all that Superman is opposed to killing?  It wasn't there.  It's like he just screamed NOOOOOOO after killing the bad guy for no reason.  And while we fans know Superman isn't supposed to kill, not once was that actually a factor in the movie as presented.  Someone who had never heard of Superman before would have been completely lost as to why that scene played out the way it did.

And how about Superman being Superman, and like saving citizens and stopping criminals and stuff?  Even a token scene with him doing that in the suit would have been great, but they kind of ignored that angle entirely.

So seriously, I'm mixed.  I think I enjoyed it, but it frustrated me as well.

But, incidentally, on the power scales presented, how the hell is Batman NOT going to get squished like a bug is this sequel?

ty3jHaa.jpg

#889 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36717 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

But, incidentally, on the power scales presented, how the hell is Batman NOT going to get squished like a bug is this sequel?

Because being Batman is the greatest super power in the DC universe. :p

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#890 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

In the movie, as presented, where would we have picked up at all that Superman is opposed to killing?  It wasn't there.  It's like he just screamed NOOOOOOO after killing the bad guy for no reason.  And while we fans know Superman isn't supposed to kill, not once was that actually a factor in the movie as presented.  Someone who had never heard of Superman before would have been completely lost as to why that scene played out the way it did.

THIS is my real problem with the movie.  I don't like their interpretation of Superman, mind you, but it's that for the big climatic moment of the film, there's no set up, and no follow through. It's a poorly made movie.

#891 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

Hmm, thought I'd posted here.

I finally watched this just a few weeks ago, for the first time.

Loved it. It was absolutely NOTHING like what I was expecting, and it blew me away (in a positive way).

Superman bores the hell out of me normally. If it wasn't for Snyder's participation I wouldn't have bothered with it.

I love what he did for this film. I LOVE the re-imagined Krypton, it was spectacular, and also gave me such a great Star Wars vibe, one that I wish the prequels had given.

I really enjoyed it overall. Even with Snyder, I wasn't expecting to like it THIS much.

I bought it for full price on release day, and it took me awhile to finally get around to watching it. I'd been thinking I'd probably wasted my money when I should have waited on it, but after seeing it, it was totally worth the full price.

#892 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52532 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

Superman bores the hell out of me normally. If it wasn't for Snyder's participation I wouldn't have bothered with it.

Indeed.

This movie was made explicitly to appeal to people like you and Cheets who have that attitude.

With all the positives and negatives that brings.

card-strongarm.jpg

#893 Detour

Detour

• Supporter
  • 20723 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:30 AM

It really feels like this is a "it's not what I usually expect out of Superman, therefore it must be good".

Fortunately I've also gotten to see people who're also "meh" on Superman call it a bad movie, so it's not a unanimous thing there.

#894 Zamuel

Zamuel

Dream Valley Survivor

• Supporter
  • 18294 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

So I finally watched Man of Steel...
And never have I been so conflicted about a movie.

Just finished watching it but for the most part, this is where I am. I will say I hate the cinematography outside of the fight scenes. They need to slap the cameraman then fire them. Dollies exist for a reason. Trying to let my thoughts simmer.
Spoiler