Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 February 2020 - 09:19 PM)

If it weren't for Toy Galaxy's coverage video, I would not have known about the Defenders of the Earth figures. New toys of Flash Gordon, The Phantom, and Mandrake the Magician? In 2020? I would have said you were smoking something strong.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:32 PM)

So the question is... has Madagascar closed down all its ports yet?

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:31 PM)

A couple that got infected attended a Carnival event with over 300 people in attendance.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

So the Corona virus keeps getting closer to where I live. Several confirmed cases in my federal state already.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 February 2020 - 02:20 PM)

Man, only having collector sites to get Toy Fair news from sucks. Did you know there is a 4" line of kids figures for the new Avengers game coming?

@  Dekafox : (26 February 2020 - 11:54 AM)

Since Omega already exists they could name it Auntie

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:07 AM)

Oh, and one last Titan,provided we can fudge things a bit to include a character from Transformers: Animated; how about something at least resembling TF:A Omega Supreme?

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:05 AM)

How about they find a way to make a mold they can use for both Broadside and Tidal Wave?

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 February 2020 - 02:13 AM)

Optimus Maximus, the mysterious titan of the Arisen, also Iaconus from Cyberverse.

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

Photo
- - - - -

Season 3 SPOILERS!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
815 replies to this topic

#761 (Deactivated) Sobana

(Deactivated) Sobana
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Sjogre @ Jan 15 2013, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Database @ Jan 14 2013, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there IS a next season, as we are at the dreaded 65 episode limit...

Someone went over the financial reports, and DHX is doing a fourth season. I don't know how many episodes.

Yes. This fandom went through a company's financial information. That's kinda creepy.

I already made my thread devoted to season 4... don't make me link it -.-

Also, what is wrong with going through their financial information? It is a corporation with share holders, it's public knowledge. That is how I learned about all their future game plans and trade agreements.

#762 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5731 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Here's a couple of teaser clips for tomorrow's new episode "Keep Calm and Flutter On!"

Edited by Guardian Prime, 18 January 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#763 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

I can't believe their actually going through with trying to redeem Discord. It's like trying to convince Unicron to not eat planets.

What next, are they gonna invite Chrysalis for a nice tea party to try to redeem her? Or are they going to resurrect Sombra and try to redeem him with the Power of Friendship/Love/whatever nice emotion they pull out next? Is every villain going to be redeemed at some point?
You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

I got my counter at Jellyneo.net! NaNoWriMo is GO!

#764 (Deactivated) Raritydenmark

(Deactivated) Raritydenmark
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

in an event advertised as The Hub's My Little Pony Princess Coronation; "Princess Coronation" isn't necessarily the title of the episode itself

Edited by Raritydenmark, 18 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#765 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25309 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Sailor Unicron @ Jan 18 2013, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe their actually going through with trying to redeem Discord. It's like trying to convince Unicron to not eat planets.

What next, are they gonna invite Chrysalis for a nice tea party to try to redeem her? Or are they going to resurrect Sombra and try to redeem him with the Power of Friendship/Love/whatever nice emotion they pull out next? Is every villain going to be redeemed at some point?

I'm...cautiously skeptical. But so far this season every time I've been skeptical about an episode, it usually turns out to be pretty awesome.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#766 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39780 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I don't think Discord is quite on Unicron's level.

I'm optimistic. This is a "major story piece". There's no way they took the return of the show's most popular guest star lightly. This will work, somehow.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#767 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36587 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

only reason they are doing this is because people still want to think he's Q. I really hope it ends up backfiring massively and he's still as much of evil jerk as he was at the start.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#768 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39780 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm hoping for that too. I want a downer ending. I do want to see him act like Q for a while to make the fans happy, but then I want to have an "I was cured all right" moment at the end.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#769 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(Fnu Aw @ Jan 18 2013, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Discord is quite on Unicron's level.

Perhaps not, but they're similar in the fact that Unicron is a physical manifestation of entropy and Discord is a physical manifestation of chaos. Trying to make Discord harmonious completely ruins what he is.

QUOTE(Database @ Jan 18 2013, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only reason they are doing this is because people still want to think he's Q. I really hope it ends up backfiring massively and he's still as much of evil jerk as he was at the start.

This is what I'm hoping for, too. Not every villain needs to be redeemed. They really need to stop pandering to the fandom so much. It's spoiled enough as it is.

Edited by Sailor Unicron, 18 January 2013 - 09:29 PM.

You are more than flesh and bone / Can't you see, you're something beautiful...you gotta believe that you are / Someone worth dying for

God's not dead!

In 1996: "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY!"; In 2013: "PONEE NOT HUGHMAN!"; in 2014: "TREE NOT CASSUL"; Regardless of the fandom, it all boils down to one thing: "RUINED FOREVA!"

DA account

#770 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39780 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I imagine the goal isn't really to redeem him, just to water him down enough to make him viable as a recurring character. Right now he's a game breaker. At his current threat level they have no choice but to keep him imprisoned, which is a waste.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#771 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Why does he even need to be a recurring character? With all the complaining I've seen about Applejack not having enough screen time and characters like Cadance having too much screen time, I'm surprised people aren't calling for fewer characters to save more spotlight for the main six.

Watered down Discord would be little different than Pinkie Pie except without her hyperness, especially if they neuter his reality-warping powers.

Edited by Sailor Unicron, 19 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

God's not dead!

DA account

#772 (Deactivated) Raritydenmark

(Deactivated) Raritydenmark
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Geekscape posted up a video detailing an upcoming sweepstakes event happening during the episode on the 26th. One person will win a trip for four to a special invitation only concert in Los Angeles some time in February to celebrate a "special episode". What episode that is, they don't list!

#773 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10713 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Not every villain needs to be redeemed, no; but not every villain in FiM has been redeemed. None have, really; at least not up 'til now. Luna was simply restored to her true persona, Discord was re-imprisoned in stone, Chrysalis and her Changelings were banished from Equestria, and Sombra barely had a chance to speak, let alone be even remotely sympathetic.

If Fluttershy manages to soften Discord, he'll be the first major villain from this show to actually be redeemed, so it's hardly an issue of that idea being overdone.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 19 January 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#774 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39780 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Sailor Unicron @ Jan 19 2013, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does he even need to be a recurring character? With all the complaining I've seen about Applejack not having enough screen time and characters like Cadance having too much screen time, I'm surprised people aren't calling for fewer characters to save more spotlight for the main six.

Watered down Discord would be little different than Pinkie Pie except without her hyperness, especially if they neuter his reality-warping powers.

Pinkie Pie's one of the heroes though. Discord will probably always be ambiguous at best. He might be helpful once in a while, but never dependable. It would kinda fit his chaos theme better than having him always be villainous. Chaos isn't bad, so why should its personification always be bad?

B5ofTKU.jpg

#775 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5731 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Zap2it released the synopsis for the season finale!
Season 3 Episode 13
Magical Mystery Cure
Aired Date: February 16, 2013
Synopsis: When Twilight casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies, the only way to reverse the spell is by writing her own magic.

Interesting.

#776 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39780 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Doesn't sound like a series finale to me.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#777 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36587 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jan 19 2013, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not every villain needs to be redeemed, no; but not every villain in FiM has been redeemed. None have, really; at least not up 'til now. Luna was simply restored to her true persona, Discord was re-imprisoned in stone, Chrysalis and her Changelings were banished from Equestria, and Sombra barely had a chance to speak, let alone be even remotely sympathetic.

If Fluttershy manages to soften Discord, he'll be the first major villain from this show to actually be redeemed, so it's hardly an issue of that idea being overdone.

If he is redeemed, I think that's going to be it for me. Proof the fans are in control and that it will only be down hill from here. Redeeming a force of nature, which Discord and Chaos are, is the jumping the shark moment of the series for me.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#778 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jan 19 2013, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Persona of Luna or not, NMM herself was a villain. She wanted to create an eternal night. If she had succeeded, she would have be solely responsible for the death of every living thing in Equestria. If that's not villainous, then what is?

QUOTE(Database @ Jan 19 2013, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jan 19 2013, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he is redeemed, I think that's going to be it for me. Proof the fans are in control and that it will only be down hill from here. Redeeming a force of nature, which Discord and Chaos are, is the jumping the shark moment of the series for me.

This is what worries me. The fandom already has enough entitlement issues as it is, and this would only make it worse.

Edited by Sailor Unicron, 19 January 2013 - 10:53 AM.

God's not dead!

DA account

#779 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36587 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Well yeah, Discord is redeemed becuase omg Friendship is just that awesome to make Chaos give a damn about something other then Chaos. Was a nice show we had once when the creators actually cared about it.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#780 Sailor Unicron

Sailor Unicron
  • Citizen
  • 3551 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

ARGH!!! That's two out of four villains now.

Calling it now, Chrysalis is next on the villain redemption block.

Celestia, I wish Lauren Faust were still heading this up. I don't think she'd pander to the fandom this much.

Edited by Sailor Unicron, 19 January 2013 - 11:14 AM.

God's not dead!

DA account