Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

Photo

Iron Man 3 Post-Game Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
553 replies to this topic

#541 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28226 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Who said he did all that? Dude can build new armors as needed.

Ironbite-seriously blowing them up was just a clean slate type thing.

xC9l3eY.gif

#542 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15456 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

"Mandarin was really the mastermind" theories is the new "Coulson Lives" or "Loki got what he wanted."
Woooo!

#543 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10400 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(Zodberg @ May 14 2013, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Mandarin was really the mastermind" theories is the new "Coulson Lives" or "Loki got what he wanted."

Err.. Coulson
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Does live. Like he's the lead in the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show.

MSzBav1.jpg

#544 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16321 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(spikeriley @ May 14 2013, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember, boys and girls, don't be a Dimwit.

icon-fire.gif

And yeh so stupid

#545 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2704 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

I just took the end as another of Tony's grand impulse gestures that may or may not work out for him in the end, like announcing to the press he's Iron Man or calling the Mandarin out.

Plus...if he's really in danger again, he'll just make another suit.

It's not like Batman, where quitting is some super-pretentious "meaningful" thing. Tony can drop Iron Man in an instant and pick it back up in the next instant.

#546 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8717 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

This was inevitable:

#547 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 12 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ May 12 2013, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gotta say, when he stumbles to mention memorable Iron Man arch-nemeses other than the Mandarin? I can understand him... I'd be hard-pressed to name 3.

Titanium Man
Obidiah Stane
The Spymaster

Wasn't hard.

-I cannot really call a guy who died after his first and only battle with Iron Man an arch-nemesis-style villain. Stane is awesome, and I loved him in the first movie too, but... he is no Joker or Lex Luthor. He was there for a while, died, and unlike many supervillains, never came back.
-Titanium Man is just... a guy in a suit. (In fact, he was a LOTS of different guys using the same suit over the years). And so is Crimson Dynamo, who is a RUSSIAN guy in a suit. And Firepower... And the second Whiplash... you see my problem? Not to mention the many one-shot armored enemies who often just just use one of Tony's own armor designs against him. They are all kinda interchangeable and forgettable.
-Spymaster... I am ashamed to admit I never heard of him. In my defense, I mostly know Iron Man from Avengers comics... never was a big reader of his individual stuff.

I'd love to name Dreadknight as a memorable Iron Man villain because I absolutely LOVE his design (he looks like he just arrived from Snake Mountain) and his personality too, but he is neither a big challenge to defeat, nor is used often. Still, I'd love to see him on the big screen someday (maybe when they finally make an Avengers movie with an anti-Avenger villain alliance), maybe re-invented with origins from one of the Yggdrassil realms, which would explain his bat-winged monster horse. icon-hotrod.gif

On the subject of Tony's rogue's gallery - was Modok really "his" villain? He started out in Captain America, and later simply became an enemy to everyone and their aunt's daughter's old roommate. He is sort of a nemesis-for-hire, as if he was the stand-in-guy in the Guild of Calamitous Intent. icon-hotrod.gif

QUOTE(Undead Scottsman @ May 15 2013, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Zodberg @ May 14 2013, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err.. Coulson
HIGHLIGHT to view:
Does live. Like he's the lead in the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show.

Umm, how? Did they reboot him with the Cosmic Cube, or what?!?

Also, I sure hope David Hasselhoff gets a cameo in that series. icon-hotrod.gif

Edited by BB Shockwave, 16 May 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#548 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ May 16 2013, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm, how? Did they reboot him with the Cosmic Cube, or what?!?

There are 5 ways he survives.

1) The easiest, he didn't die. We never see him die, just dying. We're told he died by Fury, after a long scene establishing how fury is the ultimate liar. We then learn that he's lying in the scene when he tells the Avengers Couslon died (the cards).

2) LMD - Life model decoy...robot duplicates. Tony mentions LMD's earlier in the film. LMD's are standard issue for SHIELD. Problem with this, though, is Fury later bemoans Coulson's loss ("I just lost my one good eye") which if it's an LMD that dies, Fury wouldn't have that scene..(Though if real Coulson is off protecting Jane Foster during it...) Also, TV Coulson could be a LMD.

3) He's tabbed with a magic weapon...who knows what that really does.

4) Project: Vision. Back to the "lost my one good eye" comment, Coulson's brain patterns are put into an android body, creating the MCU's Vision.

5) "Didn't you die?" "I got better"

#549 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46595 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ May 16 2013, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-I cannot really call a guy who died after his first and only battle with Iron Man an arch-nemesis-style villain. Stane is awesome, and I loved him in the first movie too, but... he is no Joker or Lex Luthor. He was there for a while, died, and unlike many supervillains, never came back.

. . .

I'm presuming you are only familiar with Obadiah Stane via the Iron Man Movie.

In the comics, Obadiah Stane was Tony's constant bane and most hated enemy for three years - 37 Issues. No, he isn't a Lex Luthor or a Joker, but what makes his significant is for that three year period he was the nemesis of Tony Stark. Barely an issue in that 37 book run goes by without Obadiah's hand in the pie, making his presence a lot more involved.

Plus, the fact Obadiah is the one who caused Tony's disastrous relapse into Alcoholism (By literally manipulating Tony to fall in love only for the woman in question to reject him in the harshest possible terms) and literally bought his company out from under him. Stark Industries became Stane Industries, and Tony became a reclusive bum living on the street. It was so sudden a shift in the status quo that Jim Rhodes had to don the Iron Man suit and stage a break out of Tony's other armors to keep Stane from acquiring them. And it literally was a last minute break out, since Stane's techs were at the doors to the armory, cutting through the door when Rhodes jury rigged a control unit to fly the armors away and throw them into the sea (Which leads into the next issue where Rhodes has to go and prevent a group of renegade Atlantians from using the armors against Namor and his people).

Tony eventually recovers (Thanks in part to a fellow alcoholic vagrant named Gertl Aders, who dies in childbirth), and tries to start over with a new company. Stane, fundamentally obsessed with "beating" Tony, destroys the new company outright and murders one of Tony's business partners - along with mind swapping an ex-girlfriend to try a more fatal version of his first play on Tony - as well as abducting many of Tony's friends and colleagues to use as collateral. It was this last move that drove Tony into open conflict with Stane which resulted in Stane's suicide (As he could not stand the thought of "losing the game".)

That was not the end, though. Stane's influence would be felt for years to come, with Tony having to deal with the fallout of buying his company back from Stane (Which is a dodgy process when your professional bodyguard got into a property destroying boxing match with the last CEO), and putting a lid on everything Stane did in Tony's absence (S.H.I.E.L.D. actually helped Stane take over after Tony's relapse in exchange for Tony's tech which Tony then had to try to get back from S.H.I.E.L.D.). The Iron Monger Armor also was seen again, including a warehouse mass producing the suit run by ex-employees that had been loyal to Stane.

In recent years, Stane's shade has risen again, this time in the form of his son - Ezekiel Stane - who is in many ways far smarter then Tony is.

-Titanium Man is just... a guy in a suit. (In fact, he was a LOTS of different guys using the same suit over the years). And so is Crimson Dynamo, who is a RUSSIAN guy in a suit. And Firepower... And the second Whiplash... you see my problem? Not to mention the many one-shot armored enemies who often just just use one of Tony's own armor designs against him. They are all kinda interchangeable and forgettable.

Dude...Titanium Man was the Russian Guy in the Suit during the Cold War era. Yes, his MO has stalled out with the collapse of the Soviet Union (He's now a Mercenary for Hire and Russian Patriot then straight up villain), but you have to remember that this guy was the face of the Soviets during the Cold War (Crimson Dynamo predates him in the comics, but Dynamo never caught on like Titanium Man did). The fact it was the murder of a Titanium Man during the Armor Wars that caused the world to turn against Iron Man (And the US Government to commission the construction of the Firepower Suit)...makes him pretty dang important in the mythos. They may be "Guys in Suits", but unlike many rogue galleries those suits exist for a reason. It was the result of Titanium Man's death that Firepower was created. The death of another Titanium Man was the cause for the fracturing of the relationship between Iron Man and the Crimson Dynamo (The Dynamo at the time was out with a bum leg so Tony was piloting the suit as a favor, when Dynamo took control of the suit and executed the first (?) Titanium Man).

-Spymaster... I am ashamed to admit I never heard of him. In my defense, I mostly know Iron Man from Avengers comics... never was a big reader of his individual stuff.

Spymaster's original incarnation I was never very impressed with, and his third incarnation was a good attempt but didn't pan out so well (They went a Riddler route with him). I'm thinking of the Spymaster's second incarnation - trained by Taskmaster and appointed with a "Espionage Elite" Cell of operatives that are - in fact - all the people he beat to become the Spymaster. They worked from the shadows and through proxies and managed to bug the office of Stark Solutions and, by extension, learn of Tony's identity as Iron Man (Before Tony decided to simply go public with his dual identity). To me, that was the most successful incarnation because he won against Tony. Tony learned of the security breech and before he could investigate...the Espionage Elite jumped him, separated him from his armor, and delivered him a beating that left him barely alive, much less functional and able to use his suit (He was actually confined to a wheel chair for several issues after this).

#550 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have a digital UltraViolet copy of Iron Man Rise Of Technovore if anyone wants it. It's usable by anyone in North America.

I haven't watched it yet, so don't know if it's any good. But it'll fill that Iron Man high for now.

#551 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 16 2013, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude...Titanium Man was the Russian Guy in the Suit during the Cold War era. Yes, his MO has stalled out with the collapse of the Soviet Union (He's now a Mercenary for Hire and Russian Patriot then straight up villain), but you have to remember that this guy was the face of the Soviets during the Cold War (Crimson Dynamo predates him in the comics, but Dynamo never caught on like Titanium Man did).

But the Dynamo can come along for the ride.

Let's be fair, Titanium Man's success is all thanks to Paul McCartney.

QUOTE(Rust @ May 16 2013, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The fact it was the murder of a Titanium Man during the Armor Wars that caused the world to turn against Iron Man (And the US Government to commission the construction of the Firepower Suit)...

Really was more manslaughter

QUOTE(Cat @ May 16 2013, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a digital UltraViolet copy of Iron Man Rise Of Technovore if anyone wants it. It's usable by anyone in North America.

I haven't watched it yet, so don't know if it's any good. But it'll fill that Iron Man high for now.

Yeah...there's a thread about this one if you're curious about that....

#552 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

Rust - thanks for the info. I read up on Stane, but my only sources are the regular and Marvel Wikis, and apparently... they are quite hole-y, as in neglecting how long Stane has been around. I often wonder how come us TF fans have a much better wiki than the DC or Marvel comics... Given how many more fans those companies have.

#553 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ May 29 2013, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. I often wonder how come us TF fans have a much better wiki than the DC or Marvel comics... Given how many more fans those companies have.

Because, and I say this as someone who's been friends with Dvandom for 20 years, you people are insane.

#554 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

• Guests

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

Well, there is that, sure. icon-fire.gif (Considering I just gave out 250$+shipping on the Botcon Stunticons, I cannot really argue with this...)