Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

@  Benbot : (04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM)

You just put more effort into telling a compelling story than all of WB's execs.

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:41 AM)

Cue the flashback to Jonathan, reassuring a terrified child: "What you are is never as important as who you are." Cue Superman's response to Brainiac: "I already know who I am."*John Williams fanfare plays*

@  Cybersnark : (04 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

I don't think we even really need to see Krypton. I'd start with Clark growing up in Kansas, thinking he's normal, and follow him through the development of his powers. There've been enough alternate takes on Krypton that it could actually work as a mystery; is this the pre-Crisis utopia, the sterile science world, or the relic of a fallen empire? Brainiac was there, and he tempts Clark with the knowledge of what he really is.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:12 AM)

First, a Krypton film, ending with baby Kal-El being found on Earth.  Then Supe's early career film, establishing his values... and if Jonothan Kent needs to die, it happens because of something like a heart attack while Clark is savnig folks on the other side of the world.  After we know Clark minimizes property damage and never kills, have Zod & Company show up and force him to make tough choices.

@  Otaku : (04 December 2019 - 11:07 AM)

Man of Steel seems like someone came up with a Superman trilogy and then the execs said "We've got to catch up to Marvel, make it one film!".  I don't mean that based on the film's actual pacing, but because various story beats make more sense to me if they weren't all squished together.

@  Cybersnark : (03 December 2019 - 07:44 PM)

I've been wanting to write a Superman movie trilogy for years; "Man of Steel" (featuring a Terminator-like Brainiac) was going to be first, with "Last Son of Krypton" (featuring the Eradicator) as the sequel and "Man of Tomorrow" (in which Luthor makes his face-heel turn) as the conclusion. Thanks to Snyder I have to re-arrange my titles.

Photo

Iron Man 3 Post-Game Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
553 replies to this topic

#1 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • Retired Staff
  • 15743 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Linky Dink

Not sure how they are going to do that, but it should be fun.

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>
·´¯`·.. ><((((º> ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

#2 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

It's probably just a nod to the comics and means nothing beyond a few shots of the thing.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#3 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah... they've already supposedly cast 2 nobodies as 2 Z-list Marvel Comics Presents quality techno-villians, both with ties to the Army/Government IIRC. Now this. It can't be Osborne of course. Or John Jameson. Or any of the obvious guesses...

I know they're doing "Extremis" but this casting feels like they're doing a "nobody villian" take on Armor Wars instead...

Iron Man has a decent rogues gallery. Wish they were mining it rather than the 5cent bin at a flee market.

-ZacWilliam, also not against Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin, but being Chinese is kinda who the Mandarin is. I mean his name IS "the Mandarin". Maybe Kingsley's character really likes oranges?
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9261 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ May 30 2012, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron Man has a decent rogues gallery.

He really doesn't. It's probably the worst rogue's gallery of any high-profile comic book character. I can't blame them for struggling to pick good ones for the films. Iron Monger was a smart first-movie choice, but as modified as Whiplash was for the second movie, literally any of his armour-using baddies could have slotted into that role. I swear to CHRIST Ben Kingsley had better be the Mandarin - I could give less than two jives about ethnicity at this point, because not using his arch-bastarding-enemy after actively planting the seeds for him in the first film is like doing a Superman trilogy without Lex Luthor.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 30 May 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#5 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Is it wrong that I REALLY want him to have 10 Alien Power Rings?

I know there's almost no change. I know it'd be REALLY hard to make them work in Iron Man's more grounded techno corner of the MFU (Marvel Film Universe) but STILL... I'd just really like a Mandarin who WAS the Mandarin power-wise. AND I'd love someone for Tony to fight that wasn't another dude in an armor suit.

-ZacWilliam, my kingdom for Blizzard or Ghost...

#6 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

• Citizen
  • 9261 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think after Avengers the universe is suitably opened up enough for the rings to be alien, and if it were just the Mandarin alone I don't think it'd cause much issue. But with all the other techno-powered characters this film seems to be heaping on (which can't surely be anything other than a "they stole my designs!" Armour Wars riff) it'd certainly come off as out of place that their boss is using alien tech.

#7 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ May 30 2012, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ May 30 2012, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iron Man has a decent rogues gallery.

He really doesn't.

I disagree.

He's not Batman, Spider-man, or the Flash, with their great Enemy galleries, no. But niether is he Superman.

He's got, off the top of my head:

Mandarin
Whiplash
Blizzard
Cyclone
The Ghost
Fin-Fang-Foom
Crimson Dynamo
Titanium Man
Modok
Aim
Madam Mask
Radioactive Man

That's just the one's I could think of without looking anything up. It's definately decent fodder for a number of films.

-ZacWilliam, And while there's a bunch of "techno" there very few are Just another guy in a generic steel grey robo-suite.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 30 May 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#8 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

Seeing Batman hyphenated is really, really weird.
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#9 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

AIM and MODOK would be really good film material. A terrorist group focused on super sciences is right up Iron Man's alley for these movies, plenty of material for special effect fights with any number of super weapons or other tech they've stole or devolped, before revealing their greatest creation: MODOK a human super computer that can easily out think anyone with access to tech that would give anyone trouble in straight fight.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#10 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

• Citizen
  • 9261 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ May 30 2012, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mandarin
Whiplash
Blizzard
Cyclone
The Ghost
Fin-Fang-Foom
Crimson Dynamo
Titanium Man
Radioactive Man
Modok
Aim
Madam Mask

That's just the one's I could think of without looking anything up. It's definately decent fodder for a number of films.

Radioactive Man's a Thor baddie and I think you're thinking of someone else when you say Cyclone. But look at how many of those villains are "grunt"-level. Almost none of them are movie-carriers. Mandarin, AIM, and *maybe* Madame Masque could hack it, but the rest are on a level that are going to require them to share the movie with at least one other guy in order to sell it (even Triple-F would have to share with the Mandarin to work in a story in any disbelief-suspending way), like Whiplash had to share with Justin Hammer to make the grade. "The guy with the freeze rays" can carry 22 pages, or 22mins of cartoon, but he's not a movie mastermind. Now, you get me Spymaster, and you kit him out with a couple of B-list Iron Man baddies as his goon squad destroying Stark's life from all sides, then we'll be getting somewhere.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 30 May 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#11 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ May 30 2012, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ May 30 2012, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think after Avengers the universe is suitably opened up enough for the rings to be alien, and if it were just the Mandarin alone I don't think it'd cause much issue. But with all the other techno-powered characters this film seems to be heaping on (which can't surely be anything other than a "they stole my designs!" Armour Wars riff) it'd certainly come off as out of place that their boss is using alien tech.

Personally, I'd dig an Armor Wars movie, truncated as it might be.

It's not like he fought many A-listers in that story, anyway. I mean, the Beetle? Really? Some nobody like "Coldblood" is about on that level. And Iron Man 2, having the War Machine suit handed over to the army, sort of set up an Armor Wars scenario with Tony's designs being liberated for abuse.

Nah, Beetle is C list, but he's a long time Spidey villian and Thunderbolts founder that's way above a Z-list, even hardcore fans never heard of him, guy like Coldblood.

But I agree, I would have been much more on board with this film being inspired by Armor Wars than Extremis.

-ZacWilliam, almost feels they picked it because it was the "cool modern Warren Ellis thing" rather than because it was a really good basis for an Ironman film...

#12 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46587 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(DrSpengler @ May 30 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was more diappointed that they decided to basically make him Crimson Dynamo but didn't make him Crimson Dynamo. And now they can't use Crimson Dynamo. Booooooo!

There was plenty of time between activation of the bomb and detonation for Vanko to slip away. Not to mention, nothing stated implied his suit was rigged to blow and it wasn't just the Hammeroids.

Simply put, in these actual Marvel backed movies, unless we actually see the body, I'm not counting anyone as officially dead. As an aside, as much as I adored the first Iron Man film, the failure to have Stane perform his iconic suicide was extremely disappointing. I mean, yeah, on-screen suicide would have been a bit much and they at least gave us the fact Stane needed computer assistance to run the suit, but it was a huge let down just to have him be knocked unconscious and fall into the Reactor.

Betcha they'd just do what the Nickelodeon cartoon did with them; make Blizzard and Ghost guys in armor suits.

Um...Ghost and Blizzard always were tech-villains. They've always been in armor, it's just that in comics, armor often looks like spandex.

Speaking of Ghost, I'm disappointed. If they're still squeamish to be using the Mandarin, then go with Ghost and the Spymaster instead. Strikes me you could easily use the Extremis plot with those two, without having to tie in Mandarin.

Speaking of the Mandarin, and speaking as a long time Iron Man fan, I hope he doesn't show up in the films. Mandarin is Iron Man's iconic villain...but his motivations are hopelessly undefined. If he isn't trying to conquer China with Missiles and Dragon God-Aliens, he's trying to destroy technology and pave way for a world of magic...except when he's using technology to create a giant sky dragon red herring for some convoluted rationale to pass the Rings to his son for awhile...only to re-emerge as a businessman? (I don't know. I stopped reading Iron Man when he killed a boat load of people and was saved by a literal angel)

Seriously. Joker has a MO. Lex Luthor has a MO. Mandarin started as a semi-racist caricature in the vein of the Yellow Claw that has managed to endure longer then memory of Christopher Lee's portrayal of Fu Manchu all the while his entire character is constantly overhauled and altered with every appearance he makes.

Edited by Rust, 30 May 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#13 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

• Citizen
  • 9261 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 30 2012, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an aside, as much as I adored the first Iron Man film, the failure to have Stane perform his iconic suicide was extremely disappointing. I mean, yeah, on-screen suicide would have been a bit much and they at least gave us the fact Stane needed computer assistance to run the suit, but it was a huge let down just to have him be knocked unconscious and fall into the Reactor.

You may know this, but an alternate version of that scene included on the DVD has him preparing to commit suicide so he can take Tony with him.

Speaking of the Mandarin, and speaking as a long time Iron Man fan, I hope he doesn't show up in the films. Mandarin is Iron Man's iconic villain...but his motivations are hopelessly undefined.

Well, wouldn't his appearing in a film allow his motives to be untangled and defined better? It would probably give the comics character a real shot in the arm in the process and help redefine him going forward.

#14 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Rust @ May 30 2012, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(DrSpengler @ May 30 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was more diappointed that they decided to basically make him Crimson Dynamo but didn't make him Crimson Dynamo. And now they can't use Crimson Dynamo. Booooooo!

There was plenty of time between activation of the bomb and detonation for Vanko to slip away. Not to mention, nothing stated implied his suit was rigged to blow and it wasn't just the Hammeroids.

Simply put, in these actual Marvel backed movies, unless we actually see the body, I'm not counting anyone as officially dead. As an aside, as much as I adored the first Iron Man film, the failure to have Stane perform his iconic suicide was extremely disappointing. I mean, yeah, on-screen suicide would have been a bit much and they at least gave us the fact Stane needed computer assistance to run the suit, but it was a huge let down just to have him be knocked unconscious and fall into the Reactor.

Betcha they'd just do what the Nickelodeon cartoon did with them; make Blizzard and Ghost guys in armor suits.

Um...Ghost and Blizzard always were tech-villains. They've always been in armor, it's just that in comics, armor often looks like spandex.

Speaking of Ghost, I'm disappointed. If they're still squeamish to be using the Mandarin, then go with Ghost and the Spymaster instead. Strikes me you could easily use the Extremis plot with those two, without having to tie in Mandarin.

Speaking of the Mandarin, and speaking as a long time Iron Man fan, I hope he doesn't show up in the films. Mandarin is Iron Man's iconic villain...but his motivations are hopelessly undefined. If he isn't trying to conquer China with Missiles and Dragon God-Aliens, he's trying to destroy technology and pave way for a world of magic...except when he's using technology to create a giant sky dragon red herring for some convoluted rationale to pass the Rings to his son for awhile...only to re-emerge as a businessman? (I don't know. I stopped reading Iron Man when he killed a boat load of people and was saved by a literal angel)

Seriously. Joker has a MO. Lex Luthor has a MO. Mandarin started as a semi-racist caricature in the vein of the Yellow Claw that has managed to endure longer then memory of Christopher Lee's portrayal of Fu Manchu all the while his entire character is constantly overhauled and altered with every appearance he makes.

Actually, that kinda why I think he SHOULD appear. The movies bring in a new audence, and when things really work they get incorporated into the comics. So maybe if we get a movie Mandarin, we will get something that finally and definatively sticks with him, if they do a good job with him.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#15 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46587 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ May 30 2012, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may know this, but an alternate version of that scene included on the DVD has him preparing to commit suicide so he can take Tony with him.

I honestly didn't. As much as I loved the movie, I actually only ever did see it in theaters. I retract that previous statement then - if a shot was filmed invoking that scene, I've got no bone to pick.

Well, wouldn't his appearing in a film allow his motives to be untangled and defined better? It would probably give the comics character a real shot in the arm in the process and help redefine him going forward.

Why bother though? Yes a total re-invention would probably help the character, but like I said his motives already bounce around like a ping pong ball. There's no guarantee a totally fresh take on the Mandarin would stick - I mean, the dude was part dragon in the 90s. They've tried this before. Mandarin is one of those characters that is often used but is only what the story calls for, never a driver of the story.

His Heroes Return debut was a prime example of this. A year's worth of build up and hints all culminating in a fight over Russia in a giant mechanical sky dragon. With Tony half dead in order to make it even a fight. And then Mandarin doesn't even do anything except be shot out of the sky.

That was the story that convinced me the Mandarin just isn't villain material. He's the go-to Plot Device when a story falls to pieces or they just need filler. If I want Tony to match wits with a evil genius, I'll stick to his tussles with Doctor Doom.

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

The Mandarin is ALWAYS gonna be Ironman's top villian though. Like Doom (who they don't have the rights to for the MFU and probably wont in the foreseeable future) will always be the top match of the FF and the Red Skull of Cap. That's not going away at this point, and so HE's not.

So if he's always gonna be there, as the Arch-Foe OR as the unspoken Elephant in the room (with everyone constantly asking "When they gonna do the Mandarin?") then why NOT try to turn him into a good actual match for Tony. If he's been a poor arch-foe in the past then remold him into a foe who WOULD BE a great arch foe. That makes perfect sense to me, if you have a writter who is up to it. And if it worked in the film really well it certainly would be sucked back into the books I think.

-ZacWilliam, if we can get Colson and Samuel L Fury in the 616 a sucessful movie Mandarin could certainly cross over.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 30 May 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#17 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

TOTALLY sweet spoiler that's visible on the General Discussion page. Thanks!
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#18 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36509 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ May 30 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mandarin is ALWAYS gonna be Ironman's top villian though. Like Doom (who they don't have the rights to for the MFU and probably wont in the foreseeable future) will always be the top match of the FF and the Res Skull of Cap. That's not going away at this point, and so HE's not.

So if he's always gonna be there, as the Arch-Foe OR as the unspoken Elephant in the room (with everyone constantly asking "When they gonna do the Mandarin?") then why NOT try to turn him into a good actual match for Tony. If he's been a poor arch-foe in the past then remold him into a foe who WOULD BE a great arch foe. That makes perfect sense to me, if you have a writter who is up to it. And if it worked in the film really well it certainly would be sucked back into the books I think.

-ZacWilliam, if we can get Colson and Samuel L Fury in the 616 a sucessful movie Mandarin could certainly cross over.

You know, maybe they could make Mandarin into their Doom, since as Zac says we may NEVER see Doom in the MFV. As even epoxy of Doom is better then what they usually do with him. They're going to need more large scale villains; And they can't use Osborn or Doom which already removes about half the potential big players they can use. So best to use the guy they is always reinvented, to kill two birds with one stone. A successful movie intervention will reinvigorate the character becuase Movies are so high profile that they trump about everything when done right, and it gives them someone other then Loki to be a big player on the villain scale.

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

#19 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • Retired Staff
  • 15743 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(Big Show @ May 30 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My apologies. I changed it.

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>
·´¯`·.. ><((((º> ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

#20 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Bainreese @ May 30 2012, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Big Show @ May 30 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My apologies. I changed it.

I'll forgive it. This time. icon-arcee.gif
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.