Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (28 February 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Is Skyrim worth playing in 2020?

@  Paladin : (28 February 2020 - 07:45 AM)

when you use the character as a header image for a frontpage story, i think you lose the right to complain about anyone else "spoiling things."

@  Nevermore : (28 February 2020 - 04:45 AM)

Did I say that? I must have been joking.

@  Sabrblade : (27 February 2020 - 11:46 PM)

And you say you have no sense of humor, Nevermore. ;)

@  Nevermore : (27 February 2020 - 09:07 PM)

Gonzo, start a thread in the main "Transformers Discussion" forum with that information in the title instead.

@  Sabrblade : (27 February 2020 - 08:33 PM)

Gonzo, please don't go spoiling things like that in the chat box.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 February 2020 - 05:53 PM)

Neat.

@  Darth Gonzo : (27 February 2020 - 05:53 PM)

Tarn is in Cyberverse.

@  Benbot : (27 February 2020 - 10:24 AM)

I really don't like that guy. Show the toys, not your face. I'm tired of looking at him.

@  RCX : (27 February 2020 - 09:25 AM)

Toy Galaxy is excellent.

@  Benbot : (27 February 2020 - 09:03 AM)

I think you'll be save in Greenland.

@  CORVUS : (27 February 2020 - 01:12 AM)

Toy Galaxy is my favorite overall toy-related channel on YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (26 February 2020 - 11:29 PM)

Last year's coverage via Toy YouTubers was brilliant. However, since YouTube's new (unfortunately necessary) guidelines the companies barely invited any of them back, so all we get is super-popular collector's info.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (26 February 2020 - 09:19 PM)

If it weren't for Toy Galaxy's coverage video, I would not have known about the Defenders of the Earth figures. New toys of Flash Gordon, The Phantom, and Mandrake the Magician? In 2020? I would have said you were smoking something strong.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:32 PM)

So the question is... has Madagascar closed down all its ports yet?

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:31 PM)

A couple that got infected attended a Carnival event with over 300 people in attendance.

@  Nevermore : (26 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

So the Corona virus keeps getting closer to where I live. Several confirmed cases in my federal state already.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 February 2020 - 02:20 PM)

Man, only having collector sites to get Toy Fair news from sucks. Did you know there is a 4" line of kids figures for the new Avengers game coming?

@  Dekafox : (26 February 2020 - 11:54 AM)

Since Omega already exists they could name it Auntie

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:07 AM)

Oh, and one last Titan,provided we can fudge things a bit to include a character from Transformers: Animated; how about something at least resembling TF:A Omega Supreme?

@  Otaku : (26 February 2020 - 10:05 AM)

How about they find a way to make a mold they can use for both Broadside and Tidal Wave?

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 February 2020 - 02:13 AM)

Optimus Maximus, the mysterious titan of the Arisen, also Iaconus from Cyberverse.

@  TriBlurr : (25 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

I think the only other Titan class character that would interest me after Scoponok would be Tidal Wave

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 07:34 PM)

A Titan would have more room for other toys to hang out, assuming one has the table space for it.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Play wise which would be better a Commander Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside or a Titan Class Aircraft Carrier Mode Broadside?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 February 2020 - 01:53 PM)

I'd be interested in a deluxe or voyager Fort Max in Armada flashback red-and-green.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:49 AM)

I'd honestly be more interested in Commander-class Scorponok and Fort Max. I don't have the space for Titans.

@  Maximus Ambus : (24 February 2020 - 10:44 AM)

Make Commander class city bots to annoy collectors too

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 February 2020 - 10:43 AM)

Make two Broadsides. One Voyager-sized that only turns into a jet, and one Titan-sized that only turns into an aircraft carrier. Piss off everyone on both sides of the scale.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Since they seem to also go by the oh-so holy cartoon scale thing, he'd probably be a Commander Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 February 2020 - 10:34 AM)

Broadside is an aircraft carrier. He should probably be metroplex sized.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (24 February 2020 - 10:21 AM)

Broadside's more of a Commander Class.

@  Darth Gonzo : (24 February 2020 - 04:47 AM)

I think Broadside should be the next Titan Class figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 February 2020 - 09:38 PM)

I tan nicely! But also have a family history of cancer... so... yeah, pasty for me it is.

@  Otaku : (23 February 2020 - 04:22 PM)

I really do begin to get sunburned after about 5 minutes of direct exposure, nowadays.  Side effect of already being pasty then going on a particular medication.  Yay?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 February 2020 - 01:36 PM)

It makes me burn. Accursed daystar.

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 February 2020 - 01:33 PM)

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....

@  Vexwing : (22 February 2020 - 03:26 AM)

I watched L.I.L.Y.Cat on there a while back, it was surprisingly good.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 February 2020 - 08:47 PM)

@Dekafox, no DTP, but they DO have LILY Cat ;)

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 08:46 PM)

For me, it's "chocolate therapy".

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 08:32 PM)

Tonight dough owns my soul.

@  CORVUS : (21 February 2020 - 07:28 PM)

Stupid, delicious Ben & Jerry's.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 06:42 PM)

Ahh. I remember watching Bubblegum Crisis 2020 or whatever.

@  Dekafox : (21 February 2020 - 06:25 PM)

Next you'll say they have Dominion Tank Police and L.I.L.Y.Cat

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 February 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Bubblegum Crisis, going by several shouts down.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 February 2020 - 05:38 PM)

BGC?

@  Bass X0 : (21 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Enjoy the fudgy icing of this Hostess Cup Cake!

@  Telly : (21 February 2020 - 02:31 PM)

harlock is on tubi as well. not dubbed though :(

@  Rhinox42 : (21 February 2020 - 01:19 PM)

Blugh, the english dub of BGC is atrocious.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

Photo

Avengers Fans Assemble!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
690 replies to this topic

#1 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I started this thread so we can discuss the film without constant spoiler tags.

That entire third act was the greatest on screen spectacle any Superhero fan could ask for! And I truly love the old Marvel trope of misunderstandings between the heroes causing epic battles before they team up.

#2 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15476 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Definately a great movie and it's gonna be hard to top with the sequel. The humor mixed with action really worked well IMO, everything seemed to be timed really well. Definately saddened by Coulson's fate though. icon-screamer.gif

#3 Zek

Zek

Resident Goober

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Even though I'm hardly familiar with some of Marvel's stuff, I was really excited when I saw Thanos, even though his name escaped me...I guessed Thanatos first, which is close...my friend stood up and asked "Who's a nerd in here? What was that dude's name?" as it escaped us both, but we realized the gravity of his dramatic head turn.

Hulk ended up being one of the funniest and one of the best characters, even though he wasn't on screen for so long. When he punched Thor and wiped the floor with Loki....everyone lost it.

And also: Shawarma. Dear god, the shawarma.

#4 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

I really, really loved that Thanos smiled when he heard, "Courting Death."

#5 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6294 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

We were convinced that Coulson would be revealed to be alive at the end of the movie. We see paramedics run up to him literally a second after he dies, and we never see his body again after that. Figured it was Fury bending the truth to get the team to work together.

I'm still half-convinced that's exactly what happened, and we'll be seeing him show up as a surprise in the next one.

In the meantime...did it drive anybody else crazy how there were two or three scenes where they forgot to turn on Stark's chest light under his T-shirt?
ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#6 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

YES! Especially when it's the same shirt throughout and just randomly it's not shining through.

#7 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15476 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ May 4 2012, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We were convinced that Coulson would be revealed to be alive at the end of the movie. We see paramedics run up to him literally a second after he dies, and we never see his body again after that. Figured it was Fury bending the truth to get the team to work together.

I'm still half-convinced that's exactly what happened, and we'll be seeing him show up as a surprise in the next one.

In the meantime...did it drive anybody else crazy how there were two or three scenes where they forgot to turn on Stark's chest light under his T-shirt?

Yeah I really hope Coulson didn't really die. *SIGH*

I didn't notice Tony's lack of a chest light under his shirt, whoops,lol.

Hulk punching Thor and whiping the floor with Loki (and interrupting his speech) was freakin hilarious. I'm really happy with how Hulk was handled this time, "Hulk smash" indeed. icon-ironhide.gif

#8 Telly

Telly

Needs things explained to him sometimes...

• Retired Staff
  • 8422 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ May 4 2012, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really, really loved that Thanos smiled when he heard, "Courting Death."

that settled it for me that it was thanos. there was a group of people walking passed me after the movie discussing who it was. a girl said it was either red skull or thanos. i made mention of the courting death line and how much he loves death that it couldnt be anyone else

i hated that they killed coulson icon-screamer.gif dirty bastards. i also think this caused a change in stark. he seemed a bit more serious after he died

QUOTE(SwiftEagle @ May 4 2012, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it didnt drive me nuts, but i did notice it

anyone else catch stark saying he was an "l.m.d." at the beginning? i liked that

im definitely gonna have to go see this again
When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#9 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

I loved the pace of the movie. Made it go by without me wondering what time it was.

Oh man. Loki's face after getting slammed around by the Hulk. That was amazing.
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games

#10 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15476 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

I loved how Banner was all "I'm always angry" and then turned into the Hulk without any effort. The end of the last Hulk flick showed that he was practicing so it's good to see all that hard work paid off.

#11 BlitzwingHaz

BlitzwingHaz

"Wooo! I'm freaking out!"

• Citizen
  • 16324 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

The thing I didn't get was why did Hulk attack Black Widow and Thor on the ship, was it because he was in a rage? He seemed much more controlled in the final bit, saving Iron Man, is it because he got to smash things? - Edit just realised this is being discussed in the other thread.

Edited by BlitzwingHaz, 04 May 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#12 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I'm going with the staff effecting him. Remember when he picked it up and didn't realize it?
This also plays on comic history where Loki controlled the Hulk which brought the team together in the first place.

#13 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • Retired Staff
  • 15743 posts

This was a great thrill-ride. So cool seeing all those guys on screen together after all these years.

Hulk punching Thor and then later wiping the floor with Loki were just epic - Count me in that camp.

As for Tony's chest piece not lighting up, we are talking about the scene where he and Loki have a chat. I'm almost sure that right before that scene Jarvis makes mention of turning off the Arc chestpiece. Listen for it if you go see it again.

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>
·´¯`·.. ><((((º> ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

#14 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15476 posts

QUOTE(BlitzwingHaz @ May 4 2012, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing I didn't get was why did Hulk attack Black Widow and Thor on the ship, was it because he was in a rage? He seemed much more controlled in the final bit, saving Iron Man, is it because he got to smash things?

I think Loki's staff was bringing out everyone's anger as everyone in the room was fighting and even getting more and more in a rage. I think that plus the sneak attack on the helicarrier was too much for Banner to control his rage so when he transformed he figured Widow must've been the cause for his anger. Then of course anything that attacks him becomes a target to smash, enter Thor and then the pilot.

Edited by Robogeek1973, 04 May 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#15 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Bainreese @ May 4 2012, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Tony's chest piece not lighting up, we are talking about the scene where he and Loki have a chat. I'm almost sure that right before that scene Jarvis makes mention of turning off the Arc chestpiece. Listen for it if you go see it again.

No, it's throughout the film. Just random shots and at least one whole scene where it's not lit for no good reason.

#16 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15476 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Bainreese @ May 4 2012, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right I do remember that.

#17 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9282 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(Bainreese @ May 4 2012, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, in that instance, that's obviously so that Loki won't see the light shining through his shirt and hence won't realise what's wrong when he pokes him with the staff and it doesn't work.

#18 Bainreese

Bainreese
  • Retired Staff
  • 15743 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

When it doesn't work and Loki says 'This usually works' and Tony comes back with the 'performance anxiety' line,....I about fell on the floor.

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>
·´¯`·.. ><((((º> ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

#19 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Wish I had heard that.
I missed a lot of dialogue due to fans chitter. Ugh.

#20 skankerzero

skankerzero

Back in DFW!

• Citizen
  • 7459 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I just didn't like the mismatch of the Hulk from the first part to the second part. Two different Hulks if you ask me.

Especially how terrified Banner was at the beginning about turning into the Hulk.

I understand the Hulk and his blind rage, but he seemed pretty confidant at the end about being able to control the Hulk.
-----------
jesse sosa
owner / creative director
Dinosaur Games