Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 03:38 AM)

I haven't gone 4K yet, I'm a rebel.

@  Ashley : (07 January 2020 - 11:50 PM)

the comic theme is amazing

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Sounds like Victor Caroli but I’m not sure.

@  Bass X0 : (07 January 2020 - 02:35 PM)

Should I recognise the narrator of the Mutant Hunt trailer?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 January 2020 - 04:30 AM)

I got me Titans Return Blaster, now watch them unveil Earthrise Blaster and Generations Perceptor, a retool of Titans Blaster.

@  ThunderWear : (06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM)

I recently switched to to the comic theme here at the Allspark and I'm so happy I just want to look at it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (06 January 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Can you not take so many lines to say anything?

@  fourteenwings : (06 January 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Iunno, maybe people having unique pronunciations of things re:how they understand language makes the world a more colourful place, rather than one where we correct every seemingly grievous error?

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:12 AM)

Others insist on "Michael Yackson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:01 AM)

Because the very combination of those sounds is unknown to them, and thus they avoid it as if it were contagious.

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 06:00 AM)

For example, the English "J" sound consists of sounds that exist in German: Basically, it's just a "d" sound followed by a very soft "sh". Yet there are many Germans who insist on calling the late King of Pop "Michael Checkson".

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:58 AM)

I'm talking about names that should pe easily pronouncable if you just bothered to pay attention to how it's done correctly instead of insisting on "I speak X language and this is how I prounounce it!"

@  Nevermore : (06 January 2020 - 05:57 AM)

I'm not even talking about foreign names that have sounds that don't exist in the speaker's language.

Photo

The Marvel's equivalent of 'the light'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Any veiwers of Young Justice know who I'm talking about, the group of 7 supervillians who've been manipulating every damned thing since the show started. Lex Luthor, Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul, Ocean Master, the Brain, Queen Bee, and Klarion... each representing a different facet of villany (and in some instances getting major makeovers).

And while I'm sure you'l immidiately think of the Dark Reign's illuminati... I was wondering if any of us had to pic, who they would choose for a Marvel equivalent.

Luthor's spot would have to go to Norman Osborn, him being about the only competant evil buisnessment in the Marvel U... and like Luthor he did have a 'controlling interest' in the Nation.

aside from him, I really got nothing.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#2 Ironbite

Ironbite

I summon me in attack position

• Supporter
  • 28304 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Baron Mordo would go into Klarion's slot easily.

Ironbite-Queen Bee could be Viper or Madam HYDRA.

xC9l3eY.gif

#3 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Loki and Apocalypse are easy additions. Maybe the Beyonder?
On them twitters

#4 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15466 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Nobody remembers Norman Osborn's evilluminaughty?

Norman Osborn,
Dr. Doom,
Namor,
Emma Frost
The Hood
Taskmaster

But there's also the Intelligencia consisting of
Leader,
Red Ghost,
Ulysses Klaw
The Wizard
and Modok
and the Mad Thinker

Really though most superteams think small....
Let's say you get the Skrull Queen Veranke to shock people.
and have her instead dedicate her beliefs to revolve around The Serpent
A rogue Celestial would take care of the cosmic element and provide the power.
the rogue Watcher, Aron, provides intelligence
Oblivion for, heh, let's say transport
They can bring back Baron Stucker for the human element and awesome factor
And the secret mastermind might be somebody like Amatsu-Mikaboshi.
But also Paste Pot Pete in case stuff needs to be glued.
Woooo!

#5 Liam Shalloo

Liam Shalloo

Theoretically God

• Citizen
  • 2197 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Magus
Mandarin
Norman Osborn
Dr Doom
Mr sinister
ultron
Kingpin

Other candidates
Sin
leader
Stryth
modok
Loki
Thanos
anihilus
baron strucker
Gorgon
hood

Edited by Liam Shalloo, 25 April 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Maker of Video Games, Comics and DVD's

#6 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5066 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Kang. Need some Kang up in here.
On them twitters

#7 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3053 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Bah.

Doom does not need lesser minds to destroy the ACCURSED RICHARDS.

Victor Von Doom could destroy all before him alone!

#8 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9248 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I'd definitely keep Norman Osborn, Doctor Doom, Kingpin, Mr. Sinister, Baron Mordo, and Madam Hydra.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#9 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Well... maybe we should go over the Archtypes...

Luthor, the Amoral buisnessman... which would cover Osborn
Ra's Al Ghul, while he is nigh-immortal, his angle seems to be aimed more towards his leading of the Assasins Guild
Vandal Savage, an immortal facist cave-man, who's a highly intelegent brute
Klarion, embodiment of chaos/magically powered brat
The Brain, Mad scientist brain in a jar
Queen Bee, she did get a major makeover... being the mind-controlling dictator
Ocean Master, .... really I don't know much about him, aside from being the 'atlantean with brother issues'. He never has gotten any airtime.
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#10 Liam Shalloo

Liam Shalloo

Theoretically God

• Citizen
  • 2197 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(Daith @ Apr 26 2012, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd definitely keep Norman Osborn, Doctor Doom, Kingpin, Mr. Sinister, Baron Mordo, and Madam Hydra.

Wasn't Hydra under Osborn's control ? thus getting you Madam Hyrda as a subordinate anywho ?

QUOTE(Nanite @ Apr 26 2012, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kang. Need some Kang up in here.

I'd thought about Kang as well, i figured teaming up would be something he'd only do whilst desperate

Maker of Video Games, Comics and DVD's

#11 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

Most of the major Marvel villains are too self obsessed to work with anyone else. At least functionally, or for any amount of time. Put Magneto, Doom, Osbourn, Klaw, Mephisto, or any number of major Marvel villains in a room and tell them to work together, and all they'd do is fight over who was more powerful, or who should lead them.

#12 Ruler Bulon

Ruler Bulon
  • Citizen
  • 2411 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Apr 26 2012, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of the major Marvel villains are too self obsessed to work with anyone else. At least functionally, or for any amount of time. Put Magneto, Doom, Osbourn, Klaw, Mephisto, or any number of major Marvel villains in a room and tell them to work together, and all they'd do is fight over who was more powerful, or who should lead them.

Loki literally did put a bunch of major Marvel villains (Red Skull, Kingpin, Magneto, Dr. Doom, Mandarin, Wizard) in a room together and told them to work together during the Acts of Vengeance crossover. It actually kind of worked for a while, but of course they eventually decided to screw each other over to pursue their own agenda - plus Magneto buried the Red Skull alive because, surprise, he doesn't like Nazis.
I'm mean to the core...I got meanness oozing out of every pore.

#13 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9248 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Liam Shalloo @ Apr 26 2012, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Daith @ Apr 26 2012, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't Hydra under Osborn's control ? thus getting you Madam Hyrda as a subordinate anywho ?

I was having a hard time coming up with a female villain really. I guess Doc Ock might be worth putting on, but Doom outclasses him greatly. Plus without reading a lot of comics lately I'm having a hard time keeping up on which villains are still around, dead, reformed, etc....

Seems like most major x-villains are dead or reformed. Magnetos with Utopia, Apocalypse is now a young Genesis, Bastion was destroyed during Second Coming, Cassandra Nova seems to be gone, and a lot of the others would be either lower on the scheme of things or too anti human to work with a group of non mutants.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#14 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9167 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(Autobot Bubbs @ Apr 26 2012, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Queen Bee, she did get a major makeover... being the mind-controlling dictator

Are you confusing her with the alien Queen Bee, Zazzala? The Queen Bee of Biayla is a preexisting character.

#15 Adrian Suriel

Adrian Suriel
  • Protoform
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

I think Marvel's equivalent of The Light would include:

Mr. Sinister [fills the spot of Vandal Savage as a long-lived,creepy, merciless genius who has connections everywhere. This spot would likely belong to Dr. Doom but he would most likely decline to join due to his own pride]

Red Skull or Viper[sort of like a Ra's Al Ghul since they have Hydra like Ra's has his League of Assassins]

Norman Osborne [obvious Lex Luthor]

Loki [God of Mischief is close to Lord of Chaos no? fills Klarion's spot, and even though Loki could probably level everything with his magic he'd probably just be happy to help bring some chaos] also possibly Baron Mordo or Modred because Loki is definitely a wild card

Attuma or Krang [fills the Ocean Master/Black Manta spot so they have connections underseas]

Calypso [fills the Queen Bee role in terms of hypnotic powers but not so much in the dictator department, although she could end up ruling over her own small nation somewhere in Haiti if she played her cards right thus giving them connections with the cartel]

MODOK [fills the role of the Brain, physically as one huge head, and as the leader of A.I.M., MODOK has advanced technology and a personal army at his disposal.]

BONUS:

Taskmaster [could be their enforcer like Sportsmaster or Deathstroke]

Magneto(mutant extremist), Kingpin(crimelord), etc. could definitely be some of their allies and give them connections into their respective worlds of villainy.

I feel like Kang, Thanos, Apocalypse and villains like them are too otherworldly and godlike to care enough to be on their team in the first place (aside from Loki who acts like a child all the time)

#16 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

The Hood (head of street-level crime)

Norman Osborn

The High Evolutionary (Mr. Sinister could also fill this spot)

Apocalypse (default ancient dude. His representative Ozymandias could also fill in this spot, doing 'Pocy's bidding while he's off regenerating)

Baron Von Strucker (Madam Hydra could also fill this spot)

Attuma

Kingpin (the current leader of The Hand)

Yeah, I think this line-up would work.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#17 Ursa Magnus

Ursa Magnus

Yoinks!!

• Retired Staff
  • 9250 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

I've always had a soft spot for the "Acts of Vengeance" Prime Movers, personally...

Loki (behind the scenes)

Kingpin

Wizard

Doctor Doom

Mandarin

Red Skull

Magneto

Of course, we know how well the alliance between the Skull and Magneto held up before Erik had his fill. :thumbsup