Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

@  Rycochet : (04 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

The Tim Burton Superman Movie is the DC movie we deserve. It would have Nic Cage in a technosuit punching polarbears.

@  Paladin : (04 December 2019 - 02:59 PM)

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was amazing. Aquaman... exists.

@  RichardT1977 : (04 December 2019 - 01:54 PM)

TBF, Aquaman and Shazam! were pretty good.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Not a difficult feat.

Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
864 replies to this topic

#41 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Oh, OK, thanks for the explanation. Still it feels a bit odd that Marvel would make a movie out of them. It's as if I had heard that DC is planning a Challengers of the Unknown or a Doom Patrol movie.

#42 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9262 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

The way their A-list characters' movies are working out for them lately, trying something obscure like the Challengers or the Doom Patrol or the Metal Men would be a GOOD idea for DC.

#43 Sockie

Sockie
  • Citizen
  • 1930 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I think I'd kill for a Doom Patrol movie.

#44 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36511 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Marvel's been all about doing obscure characters as movies, I mean one of the first Marvel movies (not marvel studios) of the modern comic movie era was Blade. Someone that was mostly a supporting character with very few series of his own; and he did well enough to get two more movies and a TV series. So its not like them doing the Guardians are exactly outside their M.O. obscure characters but with a sci-fi/sci-fantasy element which is always fairly popular, added with the fact they've pretty much proved themselves to the public that they do good movies.

And i agree that if Warner/DC was smart they'd also try to fish out their lesser knowns to help get more exposure, and there isn't so many expectations for say a Doom Patrol or Challengers movie as there are for Superman or Justice League. Heck, I think they could do a Teen Titans movie for a sorta X-men-y experience. A team of teen heroes brought togeather, training their powers to become better. Wouldn't need to have it all be sidekicks. Heck, even a team up like the cartoon would be good (where Robin is the only sidekick character) giving you mostly knew characters with at least one "name" to draw people in.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#45 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10400 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Someone brought this up on another website, but I think it's fairly accurate. The Guardians are a "second best" choice for the cosmic stuff Marvel wasnts to do, based on the fact that Marvel doesn't have access to the Fantastic Four. Marvel is definitely pushing cosmic what with their take on Asgard and the suff in the Avengers, and the Guardians are the next best choice for pushing those concepts. On top of that, GotG has the benefit of latching onto that Avengers concept of a bunch of smartass people with crazy powers banding together.

MSzBav1.jpg

#46 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10400 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Rumored description of the plot
HIGHLIGHT to view:
"About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."
So.. Farscape: the Movie? icon-fire.gif

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 16 August 2012 - 01:12 PM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#47 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17382 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(Undead Scottsman @ Aug 16 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rumored description of the plot
HIGHLIGHT to view:
"About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."
So.. Farscape: the Movie? icon-fire.gif

That certainly makes it sound like it. And honestly I'd be fine with that. Farscape ROCKED.

But to be fair, that's a fairly decent summation of a small fragment of Starlord's origin and the very begining of the Modern Guardian's first modern appearence in a single sentence.

Doesn't mean it's actually gonna end up much of anything like Farscape.

-ZacWilliam, most of the rest of Starlord's origin is pretty "weird 70s" and convoluted, and most of the rest of the Guardian's first appearence is too involved in a big crossover that they're likely not gonna have the space/desire to adapt so I'd expect a lot of new stuff weaved around some small fragments/ ideas from the original.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#48 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15456 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Rather than making movies of just the series that make the most money, they're making a movie about the series that the diehard fans and critics loved, even if it didn't bring in the bux (likely, for marketting reasons)

this is what makes them a cool company.

Edited by Zodberg, 18 August 2012 - 02:03 AM.

Woooo!

#49 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10400 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

Actually they're making a movie to help better established the worldspace and provide synergy with their other films, with the eventual goal of making more money.

There's a reason we're getting GotG and not, say, Punisher or Black Panther.

EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with that. And if it gets me cool stuff like GotG, then go Marvel!

Edited by Undead Scottsman, 18 August 2012 - 02:17 AM.

MSzBav1.jpg

#50 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

There are both Punisher and Panther films in development.

#51 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8045 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Aug 18 2012, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, well, there's in development and there's in development.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#52 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

And it has a director. Never heard of the guy.

#53 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23078 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

I know jack-all about Guardians of the Galaxy--first time I'd heard of it was seeing the figure pack at Toys R Us. But if James Gunn is the director, I'm very interested in seeing the movie.

Marvel continues to make unexpected but incredibly interesting choices for directors of their super hero pictures. I'm glad they recognize that their risk taking has worked out very well so far.

#54 Lizard King

Lizard King

I burned out my eyes, I cut off my tounge.

• Citizen
  • 9610 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

They are very on top of jive.

#55 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10400 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Aug 17 2012, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are tons of movies Marvel has "in development"

There are only six that Marvel has (so far) actually put onto a schedule to be made. (And even then, one of those isn't even set in stone)

MSzBav1.jpg

#56 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(Database @ Aug 14 2012, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marvel's been all about doing obscure characters as movies, I mean one of the first Marvel movies (not marvel studios) of the modern comic movie era was Blade. Someone that was mostly a supporting character with very few series of his own; and he did well enough to get two more movies and a TV series. So its not like them doing the Guardians are exactly outside their M.O. obscure characters but with a sci-fi/sci-fantasy element which is always fairly popular, added with the fact they've pretty much proved themselves to the public that they do good movies.
Total different thing. The Blade movie was never really treated like a comic movie. People didn't know it was a comic before and didn't know afterwards either. It wasn't part of the marketting, it was just source material that lent itself good to a movie (better than it does to comics if you ask me).

I don't think they'll be doing the same with Guardians of the Galaxy.

#57 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Yeah. I personally, never knew Blade was a comic character, until I have caught that episode of Spiderman TAS where he guest-stars. (However, I always preferred his Venture Bros 'version'... icon-hotrod.gif )

People here in Hungary knew so little about him, I just had to explain to a guy last week that NO, Blade was not a white guy turned black for the movies like Nick Fury was. icon-fire.gif

Edited by BB Shockwave, 06 September 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#58 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Retired Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

James Gunn has announced that he's directing this thing.

And... I don't think I've seen a single thing he has ever directed, though I've seen a few things he's got writing credits on.

#59 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8045 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

The guy who wrote both live-action Scooby-Doo movies, huh?

Well jeez, where do I sign up?!

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#60 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23078 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:03 PM