Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Squid robits build machines. Machines decide they had enough of that and kicked the squid robits off the planet. Everything's pretty chill for a while until machines get mad for dumb reasons and break the planet. THE END

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2017 - 04:22 PM)

Primus created Cybertron and The Thirteen. Then later, the Quintessons come to the planet they call Seibertron and use Primus' power; the plasma energy chamber to forge military robots Destrons and consumer robots Cybertrons. The Cybertrons and Destrons rise up and drive the Quintessons away but are unable to live in peace with each other. And so the Cybertron population become the Autobot army and the Destrons become Decepticons, with the Autobots renaming their planet Cybertron. Far far later still, bacteria that was present on the asteroid Primus imprisoned himself within has evolved into organic life within Cybertron...

@  Evac : (27 April 2017 - 03:35 PM)

But aside from the ending Trent and Siph made for them at FunPub, the 3H Wreckers comics kinda sucked.

@  Evac : (27 April 2017 - 03:34 PM)

That's what the 3H Wreckers comics kind of did, actually.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 April 2017 - 03:30 PM)

So, what? The maker of the makers kinda thing?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2017 - 02:55 PM)

My fanon is both the Quintesson and Primus origins. They're compatible.

@  Rycochet : (27 April 2017 - 02:37 PM)

I prefer the profile book/movie interpretation of the Quintessons, a race whose entire purpose is to capture and execute those who escape Unicron.

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 02:03 PM)

I like the Quintesson origin partly because it's a twist on the robot revolution cliche, partly because of the irony of a people uniting against their own creators just to fall into endless civil war, and mostly because i just really like the Quintessons themselves.

@  Diecast : (27 April 2017 - 12:03 PM)

I preferred the Primus origin until it became the more common origin, fiction wise.

@  ▲ndrusi : (27 April 2017 - 11:08 AM)

Since the analogy to humans isn't perfect, it could also be interpreted as closer to "maternity ward."

@  Locoman : (27 April 2017 - 11:02 AM)

I think the most unfortunately named Transformer in their society would probably be Hot Spot, which is like having a human named "Placenta."

@  Locoman : (27 April 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Confusing, I bet.

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 10:58 AM)

I wonder what everyday Transformer society is like where half the population are named after common objects and stuff...

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2017 - 10:53 AM)

I bet Gears hates this.

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 10:18 AM)

Naturally occuring gears! (hey, if bugs can do it...)

@  Evac : (27 April 2017 - 10:00 AM)

They're both better than the Primus origin.

@  unluckiness : (27 April 2017 - 09:56 AM)

The Allspark sucks. I much prefer the quintessons origin.

@  Dracula : (27 April 2017 - 07:23 AM)

I hate the allspark! That's why it's been the only TF forum I've bothered with for almost 10 years!

@  Robowang : (27 April 2017 - 07:13 AM)

As much as I pick on us, that's a really big reason why I like it here too. Plus the traffic isn't so heavy that anything you post gets lost in five minutes.

@  Rycochet : (27 April 2017 - 06:00 AM)

The Allspark is one of the first Transformers sites I've been to where there's no weird hero worship of the staff or two or three staffers who are weirdly aggressive about certain transformers related topics and never fail to show it. This is probably the first site in my near two decades in the fandom I can post and not feel I'm a few steps away from falling afoul of some unwritten rule that will cause people to pile on, so yay Allspark.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (27 April 2017 - 05:31 AM)

*pops in* "Hm, I wonder where the conversation has gone since last night..." *reads* "...huh. I did not see any of that coming."

@  MEDdMI : (27 April 2017 - 05:26 AM)

*apart!

@  MEDdMI : (27 April 2017 - 05:26 AM)

This board has provided me with the only RP campaign that didn't fall a

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 April 2017 - 05:17 AM)

So what? We're disciples of Primus and they're disciples of Unicron?

@  lastmaximal : (27 April 2017 - 04:26 AM)

I'm really not surprised.

@  Nevermore : (27 April 2017 - 04:16 AM)

Well, the users over on TFW in return accuse the Allspark of being an elitist clique that ostracizes everyone who doesn't act like they do (i.e. civil), whereas TFW is more welcoming to everyone regardless of their views.

@  Pennpenn : (27 April 2017 - 03:23 AM)

Hard G. I don't give a solitary shit what the creators call it, the first word in the acronym is "Graphical". I have no idea why they'd think any sane human could, would, or should pronounce it any other way.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 April 2017 - 03:13 AM)

I acknowledge what the creators say, but whether I remember to use their pronunciation or not is hit or miss. Heck, I think I usually think of it in my head as "gee-i-ef", in parallel to "JPG" and "PNG".

@  Waspinator : (27 April 2017 - 02:50 AM)

Let's heat things up: what are everyone's opinions on how GIF should be pronounced?

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 11:11 PM)

But I will say that a lot of fandom forums are generally more tolerable nowadays because most belligerent types stick to Facebook groups

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 11:09 PM)

I do like their hard no-politics rule. Now that I do the occasional freelance writing for some local politics and I like zero percent of it my hobby space now. But holy cow, do they replace it with neck beard drama.

@  LordGigaIce : (26 April 2017 - 10:30 PM)

like Noideaforaname I posted on TFW for a while. I came here after I got harassed for daring to suggest that Play With This Too was run by unoriginal hacks, and yeah. This place so much more preferable.

@  Nutjob R/T : (26 April 2017 - 10:15 PM)

And you're turning us on

@  Nutjob R/T : (26 April 2017 - 10:15 PM)

The terrible secret of the Allspark: We all have this twisted fetish for rational thought processes

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:13 PM)

Not everyone likes everything, and people aren't blind to shortfalls or annoyances resulting from constraints of how the brand is handled. We make many a joke out of these things. But it's a rare thing when entitlement replaces logic on here, where that seems to be poster raison d'etre everywhere else.

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:11 PM)

It's utterly weird how these here boards seem so impervious an oasis when it comes to that depth of idiocy. Worshipping 3p and demanding the official companies "step it up" and stop being so lazy? Insisting the movies be done THEIR way, crapping on every single thing revealed about the films or toyline, then whining that they can't find (insert hot movie to here) or the official release of a movie figure doesn't capture the look in the film they hated? Etc

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:09 PM)

It's not even a "brand pissing contest" or "board loyalty" thing, not least due to the fact that those don't really even happen here all that much. I'm just happy to be with levelheaded people who've outgrown the usual fan dumb tropes. You can have a civilized conversation here and people don't shit on things only to hide behind "but but but to each their own right?" when their myopic BS is challenged.

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:07 PM)

With each time nonsense like this flares up on tfw or on local discussion venues (and it does quite a bit) I'm just reminded of why I've essentially been allspark bound for the last... Fifteen or so years.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 10:07 PM)

On the plus side, tho, TFW has "appreciation threads" for practically everything, even stuff like Kre-O and PCC. And their toy database is quite handy.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 10:03 PM)

I've been happily posting on TFW for years. Then, after being *here* for a few months, I look back and wonder how the hell I even bothered with it. I mean, my ignore list had hundreds of people on it. Literally HUNDREDS of ignored people. I even showed off said gargantuan list once (with a small thumbnail that you couldn't read any of the names on, mind you). That... that really should have been a warning sign, I suppose...

@  WorkbenchManiac : (26 April 2017 - 08:03 PM)

Thanks, I enjoyed reading the nerdrage. I should hang out over there more often.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 07:07 PM)

I mean, Reveal Your Shield. That gets complained about too.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 07:04 PM)

One of the reveal the shield news threads at TFW has movie fans and G1 fans arguing over who has it worse

@  WorkbenchManiac : (26 April 2017 - 06:49 PM)

You got me awfully curious. What thread ware we talking about?

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:17 PM)

That was a quality read. Both sides of that thread's argument went pretty crazy.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 02:11 PM)

"When Beast Wars made Optimus a monkey nobody complained" ~ someone desperate for a 'gotcha'

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:05 PM)

I want to find the rock they've been under that there isn't constantly complaining about something.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:04 PM)

For the lack if a better word, it baffles me when someone starts a discussion somewhere that's like "Does anyone else not like the movies?"

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Careful, it might have something to say about that.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM)

I'm gonna have to check your opinion out real good to make sure.

Photo
- - - - -

Any g1 reissues announced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 megamagnusagain

megamagnusagain

a winner is you

• Citizen
  • 1984 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Still wanna see Ultra magnus get reissued again we know takara has the mold, maybe a thrust/ramjet/dirge triple pack. If the encore line is to continue who do you wanna see. Be realistic, a dinobot reissue giftset ain't happening

aka megamagnus, aka skidsmark

#2 Meister79

Meister79
  • Retired Staff
  • 2482 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

We know that Six Shot is coming.

#3 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Fortress Maximus.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#4 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1546 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Was Fort Max actually confirmed, or was it just a strong rumor? That's not the first I've heard of it.

#5 Year Zero

Year Zero

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

He asked who we wanna see. I wanna see Fort Max because I don't think it was actually confirmed.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#6 tec

tec

Make fun of my spelling again

• Supporter
  • 25419 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

I to would like a third Fort Max/G1 Grand Max So I can have the sword and prendender shell to

Of we are going to wish how about Galaxy Shuttle and Dai Atlis and co?

fixed

Edited by tec, 13 April 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

TRY1SIG1_zpseutucm1m.jpg

#7 Year Zero

Year Zero

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

You would be talking about Grand Maximus.

#8 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6932 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Fort Max was heavily rumored for release in the next couple of years.

There have been rumours about Dinobots but not all rumors turn out ot be true. Molds busted or not, I'd say it would be smart money to reinvest in those, but we'll see.

At least Encore is continuing. The more surprises ahead, the better.
What is singature?

#9 tec

tec

Make fun of my spelling again

• Supporter
  • 25419 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

your sig tricked me

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

TRY1SIG1_zpseutucm1m.jpg

#10 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 6799 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Even if a molds are busted these companies have the technology Im sure to remold from original toy. As for Fort Max...I think the new candy mold might be a feeler to see how well it goes over. Im just curious about release's and child safety. Id deff shell out 200 or so for a reissue vs a G for an original one.

#11 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50366 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'd LOVE another (afforable) version of Diaclone Magnus.

card-strongarm.jpg

#12 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14820 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

I'd like to see the Dinobots (for obvious reasons) and then the Aerialbots myself. Yes, the Aerialbots have been (and continue to be) knocked off to infinite degree but, well they're my favorite Combiner and I'd love to see them brought back at Takara quality and with new Decos (even remolds?) to better match the toon.

I'm a bit biased about Fort Max. On the one hand I still have my original from childhood. Now I could use a few pieces to fix him up but I don't think I'd ever spring for another full version. Almost certainly would be too pricey for me.

Ooooo, I know Dino Cassettes! Release those four! Surprised it took me this long to think of them...

ZacWilliam, feels the cassettes are infinately collectable. They could keep churning out new character repaints and even start making new ones in exactly the G1 style and I'd want them all. Just don't keep packaging them with Blaster and SW... icon-waspy.gif

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 14 April 2012 - 03:37 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#13 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 42995 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

ZacWilliam, feels the cassettes are infinately collectable. They could keep churning out new character repaints

I'd want a four pack of Scrounge (Rumble), Tyrannitron (Overkill), Top-Heavy (Ramhorn) and Lionizer (Steeljaw).

When it comes to cassette repaints, i think each mold should be used four times (minus reissues). Laserbeak for example was repainted into Buzzsaw, Garboil and Sundor so no more of that mold while there are other molds to be repainted.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#14 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Validating
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

I wouldn't mind some E-hobby characters like Tiger Tracks released at reasonable prices.

New character repaints would be nice. How many Jazzes and Ironhides do we need among all the lines? Maybe Barricade from Prowl or Black Ironhide as Motormouth.

G1 Acid Storm and Slipstream.

#15 Year Zero

Year Zero

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Darth_Prime @ Apr 14 2012, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if a molds are busted these companies have the technology Im sure to remold from original toy.

If they think it'll be worth the expense, then they may. But due to lost/destroyed/degraded molds, we have yet to see several G1 toys reissued, like Wheeljack and Mirage for example.

As for Fort Max...I think the new candy mold might be a feeler to see how well it goes over.

Perhaps.

Im just curious about release's and child safety.

In Japan I'm sure it won't be an issue, but there's no way it would get a mass-release here.

Id deff shell out 200 or so for a reissue vs a G for an original one.

Oh, I'm sure it would cost more than that. Still be cheaper than an original for sure, though.

#16 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Staff
  • 50366 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

The Dinobots are about the only G1 molds I could feasibly see being worth the expense.

I'd love a Reissue Wheeljack and all but I have a feeling him (and Sunstreaker/Mirage) wouldn't be that great of a seller.

card-strongarm.jpg

#17 Year Zero

Year Zero

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I wager you are correct there, and that's why the work on new molds for them has not been done. Its just not likely to be worth it.

#18 DINOBOT SLUDGE

DINOBOT SLUDGE

Jungle Warrior

• Citizen
  • 6932 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Well, I'm just glad it was worth it to somebody.
What is singature?