Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Damn the shoutbox won't accept Asian script.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM)

許されざる者よ!

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 06:35 PM)

he's also addicted to Oreos. so, two weaknesses. :p

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 06:34 PM)

I remember Justice League left out his eye beams and played down his strength a bit, which I presume was done to help deifferentiate him from Superman.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 06:32 PM)

There's a reason why he's considered one of the most powerful of the JLA. Only one they can depend on to defeat him is Plastic Man, due to his brain's malleability.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:27 PM)

Wow, reading about all his powers, he's actually kind of overpowered aside from his weakness to fire.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:23 PM)

Martian Manhunter can disguise himself as anyone, shrink, grow, become invisible, stretch out his limbs, pop out extra arms, change his arms into blades, do all sorts of psychic stuff...

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:22 PM)

Which is kind of dumb. Aside from being a super-strong flying alien with eye beams that wears a cape and has super senses, there's a lot of differences.

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 06:18 PM)

the higher-ups at WB apparently consider Martian Manhunter redundant- a "green Superman." that''s suposedly why hes left out.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:16 PM)

I wouldn't mind seeing them put Steel in one of the DCEU movies, as long as they're better than the last three.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:12 PM)

Really, he should be one of the easiest JL members to cast. You can take any guy of any race who's muscular enough for the role. It'd probably piss off the purists who want everything to be as close to the comics as possible, but you can't do anything without pissing them off.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:10 PM)

Foffy's right. I mean, they don't have to keep Martian Manhunter white. He can disguise himself as any race.

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

@Paladin I feel like Martian Manhunter would probably be played by a black actor anyway, though? I mean, his VAs in both the DCAU and The Batman were african american. Also, movies are a separate medium from comics.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

He's, like, the least interesting Earth GL.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Hal Jordan is honestly a really boring character.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 06:04 PM)

I mean, I don't hate Aquaman or Hal Jordan, but I like Martian Manhunter a lot more.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:02 PM)

Meh, if I were then I would have just used John Stewart as Green Lantern, but I'd also have used Wally West instead of Barry Allen.

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 05:59 PM)

because then WB has a reason/excuse to actually cast a black guy in the movie.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Nah, just stick him on a Wildstorm title, great idea.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Like, it's nice have Cybog getting his dues, but you could've have had him replaced Aquaman, not the guy who's literally been on every incarnation of the team and is it's heart and soul.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:51 PM)

Why on the New 52, Martian Manhunter isn't one of the finding JLA members.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:50 PM)

You know what I'll never understand?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 April 2017 - 05:01 PM)

There are shops with lots of pre-owned stuff like Mandarake, so it doesn't necessarily need to be retail, depending on where he's going.

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Every other MP I want I have. I wonder how cheap Inferno is at retail...

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM)

I wonder if Star Saber is still around at retail. I don't know what it all looks like over there.

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Ask them to bring back a real live japanese person for you.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 April 2017 - 04:01 PM)

I'd say "any TF you don't already have" but I guess that's too general.

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 03:46 PM)

So hey I've got a buddy going to Japan for a vacation. What would be a good thing for him to bring back for me on the cheap? I've already got MP-36 so I'm not sure what else would worthwile...

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 12:11 PM)

*Clicks on link* Ooh, that is a lovely webcomic, thank you. I'm going to have to bookmark this.

@  Rycochet : (30 April 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Breaking Cat News is a pretty awesome webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:49 AM)

Brawl in the Family's my favorite webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:48 AM)

You're a penguin, Dedede! You're a grumpy, grouchy guy! Your aggravating antics even sicken Sakurai, Dedede-EE! The only game you deserve is on the PHILLIPS CD-I! You're a mean king, Dedede! You've got Tektites in your smile! You've got all the wrath of Ganondorf, but only half the style, Dedede-EE! You'd even steal a painting of A SEASICK CROCODILE! I think I hate you, Dedede! You pathetic, putrid punk! You're as rancid as a Redead in a landfill full of junk, Dedede-EE! You miserable end-boss, you make me sick! And you can't even keep a pink puffball out of your hair! Three words that describe you best would be "stink, STANK, STUNK!"

@  unluckiness : (30 April 2017 - 09:27 AM)

if you like it you should have put a ring on it

@  2017 : (30 April 2017 - 09:09 AM)

There's nothing wrong with it, it's 99% of the time a joke term.

@  Pennpenn : (30 April 2017 - 08:39 AM)

I'll be gladder when the term "waifu" gets somehow deleted from existence, or at least falls out of common (or any) use.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 04:36 AM)

Blasphemy! Zero Suit Samus forever!

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 03:31 AM)

That feeling when you finally realize that King Dedede is the best waifu and all others are shit.

@  Pennpenn : (29 April 2017 - 08:35 PM)

There are probably plenty of people who wouldn't know them from Adam. Me, for example.

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:18 PM)

not from me. id just put him on ignore

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 April 2017 - 08:16 PM)

I thought of something else about TFW2005 versus the Allspark. If Ignash was allowed back here, wouldn't that initiate lots of frustration and/or abandonment by people here?

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:09 PM)

with FRIGGIN laser beams on their FRIGGIN heads!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:32 PM)

the do this to sharks. Friggin' sharks!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:31 PM)

they don't kill. they eat half of your face, and you're left with a hideous tumor where the barnacle is.

@  Locoman : (29 April 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Perhaps the barnacle, consumed with guilt at what he'd done, took his own life after killing everyone

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 02:28 PM)

parasitic barnacles are the stuff of nightmares

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:39 PM)

But barnacles don't have- *checks* "The main sense of barnacles appears to be touch, with the hairs on the limbs being especially sensitive. The adult also has a single eye, although this is probably only capable of sensing the difference between light and dark.[4]This eye is derived from the primarynaupliar eye." Huh.

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 April 2017 - 01:29 PM)

He looked in a mirror

@  Evac : (29 April 2017 - 01:26 PM)

He was killed by his own ugliness. Kind of a "Hoist by His Own Petard" thing.

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:12 PM)

How did the barnacle get killed if everyone died from his ugliness?

@  Whirl Maximus : (29 April 2017 - 11:09 AM)

I've been watching clips of the Japanese dub of the Sunbow movie. Comes with added SCREAMS!

Photo
- - - - -

Transformers Prime for Wii/3DS/DS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5774 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Santa Monica, CA - March 15, 2012- Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq:ATVI), is bringing the ultimate TRANSFORMERS video game experience to kids of all ages with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME video game. Based on the hit animated television show produced by Hasbro Studios and currently airing on The Hub television network in the U.S., the game lets fans play as their favorite AUTOBOT characters and embark on an action-packed adventure to save the earth from the evil MEGATRON and his new secret weapon. Players step into the roles of OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, ARCEE, AUTOBOT RATCHET, BULKHEAD and more as they explore unique vistas all around the world with brawler-style combat and diverse driving sequences. Along the way, gamers cultivate friendships with Jack, Miko and Raf - the human characters from the show - as Team Prime sets out to protect mankind and eliminate the DECEPTICONS once and for all.

"Hasbro Studios has done a phenomenal job with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME television show," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing. "We are collaborating closely with the series creators to capture all the adventure, humor and friendships from the show to create an authentic action experience for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages to enjoy."

"Hasbro is thrilled to be working with Activision again on an exciting new TRANSFORMERS video game," said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President of Digital Media and Marketing at Hasbro. "The TRANSFORMERS PRIME animated series has resonated strongly with kids and fans and we're looking forward to delivering this new way to experience the adventure."

TRANSFORMERS PRIME will hit stores later this year and is being developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii? system and the Nintendo 3DS? hand-held system by Now Production (NowPro), and for the Nintendo DS? hand-held system by Altron Corporation. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

For more information and exclusive updates, fans can visit www.TransformersPrimeTheGame.com.

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173718

Edited by Tornadron, 15 March 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Barney: Hey, Homer, you're late for English!
Homer: Pffft, English. Who needs that. I'm never going to England. 

#2 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

We All Live in a Blue Wooden Box

• Supporter
  • 12339 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

*insert generalization about the lackluster nature of licensed franchise video games and Transformers games in general*

Still... it could be good, right?

#3 Fishbug

Fishbug

toot toot

• Citizen
  • 11444 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

With guest appearances by movie Prime, 'bee, and Megatron, apparently.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#4 Geoff

Geoff

he created the vibe...

• Supporter
  • 1649 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

It better not be like the 'Stealth Force' game on the 3DS cause that was jive. and historically Transformers games on the DS have been the best of the bunch.

Follow me on twitter

#5 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24292 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

I don't buy that. 2007's Transformers: Autobots and Transformers: Decepticons were awesome.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#6 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5774 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Mar 15 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*insert generalization about the lackluster nature of licensed franchise video games and Transformers games in general*

Nope.

Transformers Prime could translate well to a game if it played like the PS2 Armada game but this is on Wii and 3DS lets not delude ourselves that there's any chance it'll be better then Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Edition and Cybertron Adventures all of which didn't allow the player to transform at will. I can't find any information on this developer called NowPro either.
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't buy that. 2007's Transformers: Autobots and Transformers: Decepticons were awesome.

And has anything been awesome since? Revenge of the Fallen on DS threw out every thing that made the first movie game great including every create a bot alt mode beyond cars, it also threw out the free roam environments. War for Cybertron and Dark of the Moon on DS were as mundane as it was.
They could surprise us but given their recent track record I strongly doubt it.

#7 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24292 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Mar 15 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And has anything been awesome since? Revenge of the Fallen on DS threw out every thing that made the first movie game great including every create a bot alt mode beyond cars, it also threw out the free roam environments. War for Cybertron and Dark of the Moon on DS were as mundane as it was.
They could surprise us but given their recent track record I strongly doubt it.

You sound like a Sonic fan circa 2008.

Also, what the heck? Your post migrated.

Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.

#8 Kalidor

Kalidor

\_(ツ)_/

• Owner
  • 59142 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Could have at least linked to ours we posted this morning icon-waspy.gif

#9 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

We All Live in a Blue Wooden Box

• Supporter
  • 12339 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Tornadron @ Mar 15 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Mar 15 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.

Transformers Prime could translate well to a game if it played like the PS2 Armada game but this is on Wii and 3DS lets not delude ourselves that there's any chance it'll be better then Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon Stealth Force Edition and Cybertron Adventures all of which didn't allow the player to transform at will. I can't find any information on this developer called NowPro either.

'kay. I wasn't exactly deluding myself anyway. I mean just the fact that it's a licensed franchise game, let alone a Transformers game (which seems inexplicably cursed beyond the usual) should raise warning bells. Although I think it's a little unfair to say that the Wii can't have a good TF game just because a different developer did something you didn't like with it. From a pure technological standpoint there's no reason they couldn't do another game like the Armada one on it, if it were the intention of the developer.

It all comes down to what the developer is willing/able to do and that's where the Curse of the Licensed Franchise Game comes in, since those sorts of games rarely get a good budget or the best developers.

Even a no-name developer can accomplish great things, though, so there still may be some hope. Not holding my breath though.

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mm, it got too cold up north so the post had to go south for the winter icon-fire.gif

Edited by The Doctor Who, 15 March 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#10 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24292 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(The Doctor Who @ Mar 15 2012, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Mar 15 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mm, it got too cold up north so the post had to go south for the winter icon-fire.gif

Now I look like I'm disagreeing with Geoff by agreeing with him.

#11 Whirl Maximus

Whirl Maximus
  • Citizen
  • 5774 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Apparently the boxes were shown at Hasbro's Fan Media Event

#12 dcjosh

dcjosh

Josh

• Citizen
  • 5609 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Eww nintendo

-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-

#13 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 17297 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Hmm, guess I should throw my name into the review pool...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#14 DeadCal

DeadCal

On A Scale Of One To Great... I'm Super Awsome

• Citizen
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Nintendo only? Well, if they don't want my money then fine. SSPPLLLPP ;-P
Me Love Grimlock Superdeformed Dinobot Fun

#15 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9943 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

If any of these are better than the DotM versions, I'll probably get at least one of them. Don't have the 3DS yet, but I'd love to get one, and it'd be nice to have a decent TF game on it.