Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 April 2017 - 01:49 PM)

Hey man, don't dongshame.

@  Benbot : (24 April 2017 - 12:32 PM)

#crotchproblems

@  Robowang : (24 April 2017 - 11:53 AM)

Menasor's problem is that his crotch is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. I couldn't care less about those other issues. If your dong is a chestburster, something ain't right.

@  BlackMax : (24 April 2017 - 11:40 AM)

Seems like all the combiners have an issue like that, the legs can never be completely straight in combined mode, the finished big bot is always looming eerily or hip-thrusting.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 April 2017 - 11:39 AM)

I doubt having an integrated trailer would have swayed me into buying CW Motormaster. But what definitely put me off were Internet reports of awful hip ratcheting.

@  BlackMax : (24 April 2017 - 11:36 AM)

I might also mention that ~not~ being a big truck has worked for the Internet pretty well.

@  unluckiness : (24 April 2017 - 11:32 AM)

I moaned about Motormaster because his combiner mode was awful

@  Rycochet : (24 April 2017 - 11:31 AM)

People moaned about the choices made during Combiner wars.that meant characters like Motormaster/Menasor weren't G1G1G1.

@  BlackMax : (24 April 2017 - 11:23 AM)

He could always be a very small red truck.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 April 2017 - 10:59 AM)

But how will you know it's Optimus Prime if he's not a big red truck?

@  Broadside : (24 April 2017 - 10:20 AM)

Personally, I'm not a fan of the extreme-accuracy trend. The character choices are kind of sure-fine-whatever, but outside of stuff like Alpha Trion that's a huge divergence from the source material, there doesn't feel like there's much imagination in the designs any more.

@  Pennpenn : (24 April 2017 - 05:03 AM)

Because you might as well start as you mean to go on?

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2017 - 04:16 AM)

It does. Preview image is Legion's penis tongue.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 April 2017 - 04:15 AM)

Hold it. Please tell me Kiss Players doesn't have a GoBox.

@  Autobot Bubbs : (24 April 2017 - 03:10 AM)

That is epically messed up

@  Autobot Bubbs : (24 April 2017 - 03:10 AM)

GURD.... youtube just auto-played a new trailer for the Alien flick.... featuring John Denver's 'country roads' as BG music....

@  Noideaforaname : (24 April 2017 - 12:37 AM)

The Generations lineup should be decided by hitting Random Page on the wiki. "Next one is... Crankstart." 'Alright, I love the Scavengers!' "No, no, CrankSTART. The repaint of a repaint of a repaint of a Scout version of a Deluxe based on a background vehicle from the Live Action film." 'Oh'

@  RichardT1977 : (23 April 2017 - 11:31 PM)

After we get a couple of Pretenders. And a Titans Return Star Saber (not a difficult retool from Galvatron).

@  BlackMax : (23 April 2017 - 10:21 PM)

I really do like all the attention to the 80s toys, being from that era myself. However, I would be really happy if (let's say post Trypticon) the Generations line turns to the 2001 RiD line, Beast Wars stuff, and moves forwarda bit.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2017 - 08:19 PM)

I'm curious because I'm not an 80s kid nor have I ever held an actual 80s toy in my hands, but I'm pretty sure a mathematically significant portion of 80s kids here do have a like for cartoon accuracy.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (23 April 2017 - 08:15 PM)

How much of this community favors versus not favors the current Hasbro design team's general trend of accuracy to classic 1980s toys and lack of attention to any other era of Transformers?

@  Fruitloop Mu... : (23 April 2017 - 07:36 PM)

Telly, ah, got it.

@  Evac : (23 April 2017 - 06:41 PM)

"You can do magic things!" "It's called evil, kid."

@  Foffy : (23 April 2017 - 06:27 PM)

Potatoes don't have ears. That's corn.

@  Telly : (23 April 2017 - 06:27 PM)

little furry potatos

@  Evac : (23 April 2017 - 06:24 PM)

This potato's got big ears...

@  Foffy : (23 April 2017 - 06:18 PM)

The potato rebellion will be swift and brutal.

@  Waspinator : (23 April 2017 - 03:48 PM)

IT'S WATCHING US

@  Telly : (23 April 2017 - 03:34 PM)

yeah, at the time im posting this, theres a "2" next to it and me and fruitloop are shown to be the 2 people reading it

@  Telly : (23 April 2017 - 03:33 PM)

i think it just means that someone is reading the shoutbox

@  Fruitloop Mu... : (23 April 2017 - 03:25 PM)

Re The Rise of Cobra: I like bad movies and action sequences involving elite ninjas, so I watched / fast-forwarded through it on Netflix a couple of years ago.

@  Fruitloop Mu... : (23 April 2017 - 03:23 PM)

Can anyone tell me why the Shoutbox has a notification (a "1") when I login sometimes? I scroll through and don't see anything addressed to me. What does it mean?

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 April 2017 - 01:33 PM)

I miss the 2000s when my local stores got new toys more than once a year.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 April 2017 - 01:09 PM)

I mean, it might be hard to not know about something before release at all, but the degree of familiarity that you described is only attainable if you intentionally seek things out.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 April 2017 - 12:59 PM)

That's at least partially your own fault. The "in motion" part sounds like you even watched videos, which require conscious effort, unlike pictures that might be hard to even avoid.

@  Bass X0 : (23 April 2017 - 12:22 PM)

I miss the 80s where the first time I ever saw Transformers toys was on the toy shelves and hadn't already saw the toy from every angle and in motion several months beforehand. It made seeing a toy in the store something very special to me that I can't recapture now.

@  Evac : (23 April 2017 - 12:14 PM)

I could see Generations becoming a TRU exclusive line, now that I think about it.

@  Xellos : (23 April 2017 - 12:14 PM)

Also, Generations weathered AOE, and the TLK line seems to be short as well, so I think we'll still be seeing some room for Generations.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 April 2017 - 12:11 PM)

Titans aren't really wide-released anyway. About the only brick-and-mortar chain to reliably carry them is Toys R Us.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 April 2017 - 12:08 PM)

Isn't Trypticon still a long way from now?

@  Evac : (23 April 2017 - 11:57 AM)

They wouldn't let a big-ticket item like that get cancelled.

@  Evac : (23 April 2017 - 11:57 AM)

Counter argument: They still haven't released Trypticon.

@  unluckiness : (23 April 2017 - 09:25 AM)

But yeah, not having any big-name media means it's the most likely, although the premiere series packaging might convince retailers to dedicate more shelf space, kinda like SW Black.

@  unluckiness : (23 April 2017 - 09:24 AM)

I'd expect Generations to be the sacrificial lamb since they can't possibly stock RID any less.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 April 2017 - 09:06 AM)

I'm thinking the subline that doesn't have a movie or TV show will be the one on the cutting board.

@  RichardT1977 : (23 April 2017 - 09:05 AM)

Back to TF toys: the question is whether or not retailers will be willing to commit the peg/shelf space for three sublines. And which one will be sidelined if space is at a premium.

@  unluckiness : (23 April 2017 - 06:28 AM)

No idea.

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 April 2017 - 03:40 AM)

Sometimes the Shoutbox takes a little longer to catch up to a new avatar.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 April 2017 - 03:00 AM)

In the Shoutbox I'm seeing the pink thing instead of that guy with the weird eyes.

@  Telly : (23 April 2017 - 02:59 AM)

looks the same to me. maybe it looks different cause its smaller?

Photo
- - - - -

Australian Toy Fair pics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9939 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Pics available at TFW and also here (via Seibertron).

Only "new" stuff is seeing PRiD Voyagers Starscream and Bulkhead in package, the RC Knock Out and BB in package, the production (not hand-painted) Optimus Maximus, and (maybe?) the Bot Shots 4-pack (Megatron & Optimus w/launchers, green Brawl and another BB. Megatron might be black, but I'm not sure; maybe dark brown. Different paint apps from the normal launcher version, anyway).

Man, I'm gonna buy Optimus Maximus, aren't I?

edit: Apparently there's a Kre-O display, but no close up pics that I've seen yet. Too bad, as I'm sure they showed the new stuff (unless Kre-O isn't the Oz market yet?).

Edited by Octavius Prime, 06 March 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#2 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Kre-O is here. he just wasn't allowed to take any photos
And I wasn't allowed to photograph any of the Kreo, as they only had the rough samples that Toyfair Germany was using, not the more polished versions at Toyfair America. (They had packaging there though, so I was able to obtain all the missing details the American Transfan sites had missed while they were more focussed on taking pics of the action figures)
only info we had for kreo was
Kreo Series 2 - September. Kreo Series 1 - (last year's sets) will continue to ship to stores, but the bigger sets will be at selected chains only, as exclusives. Kreo Devastator set - 4 robots/vehicles (Scrapper, Drillbit, Hightower, Scavenger) with a Devastator Kreon. 560 pieces. Kreo will be more battle & playset themed this year, Vs "build" theme of last year.
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=13126

#3 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9939 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(Goblez @ Mar 6 2012, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kre-O is here. he just wasn't allowed to take any photos
And I wasn't allowed to photograph any of the Kreo, as they only had the rough samples that Toyfair Germany was using, not the more polished versions at Toyfair America. (They had packaging there though, so I was able to obtain all the missing details the American Transfan sites had missed while they were more focussed on taking pics of the action figures)

only info we had for kreo was

Kreo Series 2 - September.
Kreo Series 1 - (last year's sets) will continue to ship to stores, but the bigger sets will be at selected chains only, as exclusives.

Kreo Devastator set - 4 robots/vehicles (Scrapper, Drillbit, Hightower, Scavenger) with a Devastator Kreon. 560 pieces.

Kreo will be more battle & playset themed this year, Vs "build" theme of last year.

http://www.otca.com....ead.php?t=13126

Ah, thanks.

#4 gargunkle

gargunkle

super-duper spikey-pokey

• Citizen
  • 5857 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

tfw is really slooooow for me right now...

edit: but the seibertron link was way better

Edited by gargunkle, 06 March 2012 - 08:18 PM.

QUOTE(kyde)
Not my finest work, but when life gives you lemons, they're yellow so just paint black stripes on them and call them Bumblebee. Kids will buy them.

#5 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8489 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

And suddenly, I'm back on board for Optimus Maximus. Dude, it's not actually Optimus Prime, it just looks like him! That in and of itself is some kind of tiny miracle.

#6 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 7 2012, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And suddenly, I'm back on board for Optimus Maximus. Dude, it's not actually Optimus Prime, it just looks like him! That in and of itself is some kind of tiny miracle.

I see him as Prime's father. with one of those baby harnesses in the front to hold Baby Cyberverse prime

#7 (Deactivated) mignash

(Deactivated) mignash
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cyber Lizard Jumpstarter? Cool.

#8 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5788 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was curious if Optimus Maximus came with any cyberverse figures like the vehicles do, but it looks like it doesn't.
Cool, guess I don't have to hold off on buying a Commander Optimus Prime when I see him.

#9 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9939 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Mar 6 2012, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was curious if Optimus Maximus came with any cyberverse figures like the vehicles do, but it looks like it doesn't.
Cool, guess I don't have to hold off on buying a Commander Optimus Prime when I see him.

Yeah, it's a bit weird that he doesn't at least come with a Commander class Optimus repaint, but at least this way you don't get dicked over if you already buy one before getting Maximus.

#10 tec

tec

Make fun of my spelling again

• Supporter
  • 25401 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Neat FOC shot cant wait for these guys

And yes Im already buying all the Cyberverse stuff so Metro Prime is so bought

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

TRY1SIG1_zpseutucm1m.jpg

#11 Nanite

Nanite

Imminently Ignorable

• Supporter
  • 5058 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Nice bright shots of everything, I appreciate that.

Very interested in the new, mystery Botshots (Black and Gold Megatron launcher, Green Brawl)
On them twitters

#12 Onyx Minor

Onyx Minor

Teporocho

• Retired Staff
  • 10871 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

Dammit. Not only do I want Optimus Maximus now, I will have to buy Cyberverse figures to go with him. icon-megs.gif icon-fire.gif

#13 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Princess of Hugging

• Supporter
  • 49881 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think I'm now happy with my deluxe Starscream
You must have Signatures turned on

#14 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12145 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 7 2012, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That it's such an obnoxiously awful toy that really cannot be said to even transform and is still getting released feels like a lot more of a miracle. A dark one.

Phazer

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 57645 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 6 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I photographed his bio back at Toy Fair 2012, apparently no one read it then...

Randy

#16 Jeremy

Jeremy

Gargo 220 or something

• Retired Staff
  • 23660 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Optimus Maximus is still maybe a pass. I never did care much for the "stand or sit guys on robot's forearm or shoulder and give them a gun turret" gimmick on the Human Alliance toys, and I don't know if I like it much here either. I have to admit I'm probably a hypocrite though, because I'd probably like it more if the toy looked like Metroplex or Fortress Maximus, and those were G1 Legends all over it. icon-waspy.gif
"Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder

"Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." - Larry Flynt

#17 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8489 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(The Phazer @ Mar 7 2012, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Chris McFeely @ Mar 7 2012, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That it's such an obnoxiously awful toy that really cannot be said to even transform and is still getting released feels like a lot more of a miracle. A dark one.

Phazer

Oh Phazer, whatever did we do without you?

#18 Monzo

Monzo

The Weirdest Fan Experience

• Citizen
  • 2186 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

But we learned that at the US Toy Fair...

http://toyfair12.asm...s/DSC05631.html

#19 Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime

Do it, FP

• Citizen
  • 9939 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 7 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I photographed his bio back at Toy Fair 2012, apparently no one read it then...

Randy

I'm not sure why one would need to read the bio to figure that out. The toy is clearly a mecha, not a living TF.

#20 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24276 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Octavius Prime @ Mar 7 2012, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Mar 7 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Randy

I'm not sure why one would need to read the bio to figure that out. The toy is clearly a mecha, not a living TF.

I'd think the fact that it's designed to interact with a second, smaller Optimus Prime should have been enough, personally...

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.