Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 September 2017 - 05:06 PM)

Thats good.. I can't do those kinda of fixes... can't do anything really.

@  Telly : (25 September 2017 - 03:52 PM)

one of his legs was tight so i had to do the fix. hes all better now

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (25 September 2017 - 02:53 PM)

Why are you doing surgery to Tripty?

@  Telly : (25 September 2017 - 02:49 PM)

got my trypticon. currently doing surgery on him. so nertz to you paladin :p

@  Bass X0 : (25 September 2017 - 01:56 PM)

It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent fritters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 01:35 AM)

Sad to say, I'll likely be picking up The Last Knight this week. If nothing else, it should look fantastic on 4K Blu-Ray, and my 4K OLED is still new enough I'm willing to watch things I hate if they look stunning

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 01:34 AM)

Yeah, I picked it up last time when it got the 3-D conversion re-release treatment

@  Pennpenn : (25 September 2017 - 12:57 AM)

To be honest I think I'd rather a copy of The Lion King over a copy of The Last Knight, and I already own a copy of the Lion King on bluray...

@  TM2-Megatron : (25 September 2017 - 12:36 AM)

I spent some time looking for a thread about The Lion King before I figured out the movie you actually meant

@  Noideaforaname : (24 September 2017 - 11:47 PM)

I kinda want to post in that "Win TLK on Blu-Ray" thread, but I don't want to actually win...

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2017 - 06:29 PM)

well TS to the toy gods. Website went back up, and I ordered it anyway. Wasn't even for me, it was for my brother...

@  Telly : (24 September 2017 - 05:50 PM)

its the toy gods telling you that you dont need whatever it was you were gonna order

@  wonko the sane? : (24 September 2017 - 02:49 PM)

Arrrg! Just as I was about to make my first purchase from BBTS in years: their website up and dies on me.

@  Msol : (24 September 2017 - 02:35 PM)

Picked up Slugslinger. Awesome figure except for some unfortunate mold degradation. His fists are so loose and held just by friction. Hopefully they don't start falling out randomly.

@  Steevy Maximus : (24 September 2017 - 11:21 AM)

Probably in October/November as retailer flush out everything they can to make Christmas sales

@  Echowarrior : (24 September 2017 - 10:35 AM)

Will Thermidor and PRiD Twinferno ever hit US retail?

@  BlackMax : (23 September 2017 - 01:28 PM)

Found Infernocus at the local TrU today, he's still TFP Legion Abominus for sure, but metal as hug. Pretty cool for $5 more than a Voyager.

@  Shrug : (23 September 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Your PS3s traded souls.

@  2017 : (23 September 2017 - 07:04 AM)

Oh, odd coincidence, this afternoon my PS3 wasn't turning on. I seem to have fixed it tho.

@  Pennpenn : (23 September 2017 - 06:21 AM)

Oh great, my PS3 stopped reading discs. Brilliant.

@  BlackMax : (22 September 2017 - 08:38 PM)

Nope, that is a keen idea though. My team was Sentinel-Hulk-Haggar, Team Huge.

@  Bass X0 : (22 September 2017 - 02:17 PM)

Did anyone have a Prime team in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 consisting of Sentinel, Nova and Nemesis?

@  Robowang : (21 September 2017 - 10:06 PM)

Ok, I can't find the "Savage on a Ravage" pic that soneone pisted. Can anyone link me to it?

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 12:47 PM)

I'm also sure you don't sparkle like a disco ball, otherwise someone woulda run you over by now.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

anyway I don't die in sunlight, I just get tired.

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 12:40 PM)

correct

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2017 - 11:46 AM)

I'm pretty sure most vampires would cause a gremlin infestation just for the giggles.

@  Noideaforaname : (21 September 2017 - 11:42 AM)

Hmm, a vampire would have a hell of a hard time getting rid of a Gremlin infestation, wouldn't he?

@  OrionPax44 : (21 September 2017 - 11:13 AM)

Well then there's yellowing but isn't that all of them. I like to leave all my TF's in a hot car all day long to let all their joints turn to jelly.

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 11:12 AM)

what about sunlight??

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:50 AM)

KAIJU NOT FOR SALE

@  Dracula : (21 September 2017 - 10:49 AM)

don't get any water on your trypticon, and don't feed him after midnight.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 September 2017 - 10:42 AM)

I've had mine for two weeks with no problems. Just don't be a hamfist with it.

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 08:36 AM)

assuming they survive transport...

@  Telly : (21 September 2017 - 07:37 AM)

quiet you!

@  Paladin : (21 September 2017 - 06:46 AM)

and the hips should break by Wednesday/.

@  Telly : (20 September 2017 - 09:00 PM)

just ordered tr trypticon. should have it monday :)

@  OrionPax44 : (20 September 2017 - 04:57 PM)

@Robowang I have one somewhere and I can send it to you. Don't worry about it. Just let me find it

@  Bass X0 : (20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM)

Sometime last week, I purchased Hasbro Windblade online then a day or two later, Takara Windblade was announced for only £4.99 more making me instantly regret buying Hasbro's Windblade. Guess I'll be giving Hasbro Windblade to my nephew for Christmas then.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:24 PM)

That whole flat-rate shipping thing makes the math easy.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 02:23 PM)

4 bucks

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:15 PM)

Hmm. How much is shipping from BBTS?

@  NightViper : (20 September 2017 - 02:09 PM)

Set of the four is still $22 at BBTS

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 September 2017 - 02:00 PM)

Ramhorn is currently available from a third party seller via Amazon for $27.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 11:47 AM)

Anybody have the TR PM OP trading card they don't want? I lost mine! Will pay you for it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 September 2017 - 11:35 AM)

If you don't need her I'll take her off ya.

@  BlackMax : (20 September 2017 - 10:04 AM)

When I get that power-batteryOptimus I swear I will carry it everywhere. It'll be like having a useful tool AND being six years old again all at once.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:58 AM)

I guess he's gone now. Oh well.

@  Robowang : (20 September 2017 - 09:56 AM)

I saw Ramhorn all over ebay for $16 a week ago or so.

@  Shrug : (20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM)

Just ordered Arcee.  I don't need her.  But she's pink.  And a robot.  A combination I love.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Who's your favorite Obscure Transformer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#21 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

All of the Euro 90s Transformers. I just love the colours and molds.

#22 Caboo

Caboo

Dinosorceror

• Supporter
  • 20633 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Beast Wars Razorclaw
Beast Wars Transmetal II Iguanus
Beast Machines Scavenger
Movie Landmine
HftD Sunspot

I can't really pick a favourite from those guys, I love them all too much.

#23 Megaplex Prime

Megaplex Prime

With a lactating basilisk and a K-sized Sharoda!

• Citizen
  • 4385 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Megaplex, the clone of Megatron from Machine Wars. It was my original username. Until it/he/I got banned/replaced/unused and I forgot the password to it, so I made another account/it got lost in the transition from ezboard to here and I changed it to Galvaplex, which is of course would be the "upgraded" version of Megaplex.

Anyway I always liked him because no one else was paying attention to him at the time.

Hmm.... That's a very hipster answer, but it's the truth. :'(

I'm not Antifa, I'm not violent. But try to look at it from my perspective for 5 seconds. I see 1 side who wants my hugging blood. Literally. And I see another standing in opposition of them, clearly willing to take any stance they need to to stop them. Then I see a bunch of people hemming and hawing and wringing their hands about the whole thing.

Who am I supposed to feel more protected by?

#24 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

Sparkstalker. Come on IDW, give us a Spotlight: Sparkstalker where he and his two bumbling/psychotic/pyromaniac associates pull the crime of the century! icon-hotrod.gif

#25 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Validating
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Before Last Stand of the Wreckers, I'd have said Kick Off but given the popularity of that series, he may have graduated from obscure. Looks like Swerve may get the same treatment.

My favourites:

Top Heavy. Coolest TF rhino and transforms into an awesome looking gun. Pity he got partnered with that loser Skyfall. It should have been Kick Off.

The G2 Stormtroopers

The Robotmasters' new characters, as in Wrecker Hook, Air Hunter and Wingstun ( who I could easily see as pre Beast/G1 Waspinator).

#26 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

HUZZAH!

• Retired Staff
  • 19678 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

Does Repgunus have enough fiction to no longer be considered obscure yet?

Other then that, I have a particular fondness for the Decepticon Micromaster Constructor Squad as portrayed by their DW MTMTE bios. They're like the Constructicons, but actually have interesting personalities and motivations. I'd love to see some fiction about them.

Also, they're not quite obscure because they starred in one of the biggest action scenes in the 3d movie, but I reaaaaaaaaalllllllly want some more fictions featuring The Dreads.

ty3jHaa.jpg

#27 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Validating
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I will support any Repugnus fiction based on his MTMTE profile from Dreamwave.

Sparkstalker too. Plus his name sounds like the TF Grim Reaper.

#28 Fishbug

Fishbug

incomprehensible

• Citizen
  • 11646 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Mainframe's always been a favorite of mine. He was one of the first non-show TFs I could remember by name back then.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#29 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35746 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

The Stormtroopers need some love. I don't care if it's in a story or something, I just want a Generations repaint/retool that uses them. Drench and Rage had very neat head designs.

Not to mention that going by their stats, they ought to be unstoppable.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#30 Evac

Evac

Ultra gear!

• Citizen
  • 23710 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Feb 27 2012, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Stormtroopers need some love. I don't care if it's in a story or something, I just want a Generations repaint/retool that uses them. Drench and Rage had very neat head designs.

Not to mention that going by their stats, they ought to be unstoppable.

Too bad they wouldn't be able to actually hit anything they shoot at.

rajvb9e.png

#31 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 17937 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Emirate Xaaron, by far. Dude had no weapons in robot mode, couldn't transform without risking death, and still stood up to friggin' Galvatron. And not just any Galvatron, but batjive crazy, obnoxiously overpowered Furman Galvatron.

Edited by Wingus, 27 February 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#32 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 35746 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

That's what happens when you're just a gold-toned G1 Megatron toy.
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#33 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 15599 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Add me to the Scrounge pile. (He needs a toy Hasbro!)
And Spanner.
Love Grotusque.
Tote!
Phaser and Blast Master
Waverider
Pretender Sky High

ZacWilliam, they're more B-list than truely obscure but I love Skydive, Lightspeed, Bluestreak...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 28 February 2012 - 05:57 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#34 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Feb 28 2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will support any Repugnus fiction based on his MTMTE profile from Dreamwave.

Sparkstalker too. Plus his name sounds like the TF Grim Reaper.

That's typical for a dimintuive geek whose armament is capable of lightly boiling an egg. icon-hotrod.gif They tend to exaggerate.

Repugnus got his quasi-spotlight, but I'd like to see more of him. Maybe the Lost Light can run into the three mercenaries...

MTMTE made a lot of nobodies interesting. Blackout and Spaceshot for example, or Knockout - who often passes out from excitement. icon-hotrod.gif Also, I'd like to see Bomb-Burst explored more as some demented serial killer drafted into the Con ranks, who really believes that he can steal other people's life-force...
Oh and Bugly. We saw a little of him in Dark Ages, but he has potential.
Roadblock would make the perfect angry, always-belligerent drill sergeant based on his bio - it'd add to the comical factor that his sans-shell robot form is tiny. icon-hotrod.gif
From the bots, I hope James tackles Rollout, the inept loudmouth spy, and I would also like to see Hosehead get some characterisation apart from "the third guy who hangs out with Nightbeat and Siren".
Oh and Catilla. So far, he is essentially Gwen Stacy.

#35 Random Items

Random Items

Just this once, everybody lives!

• Staff
  • 10452 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

I always liked Skullgrin. 'Monstercon from Mars' was one of the few stories (in any fiction) to really focus on a Decepticon's interactions with humans, and while the B-movie monster plot was kinda silly, his character arc in that story was great. I think one of the other Pretenders gave him a hard time for befriending humans in a later story, too.

#36 Starfield

Starfield
  • Citizen
  • 1355 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

We need a Scrounge toy. He's just neat. How many Transformers have the guts to go with a simple, featureless robotic head? Not many. The ones we do have originate from pre-Transformers. Let's see, Shockwave, Whirl, Omega Supreme.

Transforming into a wheel would be a real challenge, though. Tell you what, I wouldn't even care if he needed big chunks of add-on kibble to pull it off.

#37 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31210 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(BeltlineYYC @ Feb 29 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always liked Skullgrin. 'Monstercon from Mars' was one of the few stories (in any fiction) to really focus on a Decepticon's interactions with humans, and while the B-movie monster plot was kinda silly, his character arc in that story was great. I think one of the other Pretenders gave him a hard time for befriending humans in a later story, too.

Agreed. It gave some nice depth to some Decepticon characters. But then Marvel did quite a bit of that: fleshing out characters you didn't expect to get such treatment.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#38 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 1698 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

The Beast Machines Dinobots in general. The idea that there's this squad who specializes in destruction on a planet full of drones to destroy just feels fun. It's like they're in Valhalla.

More specifically, two of the three I had: Airraptor and Dinotron.

Airraptor's robot design with his flip-out gun made me think of him as a conceited hot-shot sniper. His character could be fun.

Dinotron's bio hinted at an interesting character arc for him: He actually hates his techno-organic body. He's only fighting with the Maximals because he hates Megatron slightly more. There's a unique angle in there, that of a warrior who doesn't really believe in what he's fighting for (techno-organic Cybertron), he just hates the other guys more, sort of like an anti-Movie-Bonecrusher.

#39 Warewullf

Warewullf
  • Citizen
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I always loved Groundshaker. His toy was just ten tons of fun.

#40 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Validating
  • 1202 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

It was Iguanus that gave Skullgrin grief. I hated him for that.

I second MTMTE Rollout. Glitch is actually the masterspy, kind of R2D2 like. Some great comedy potential. Could see Rollout as the G1 version of Animated Sentinel. Picture him breaking some prisoners from a Con prison. He sneaks ahead to take down any guards. The escapees look on in horror. One turns to the others, "he's actually singing his own danger music!" Meanwhile Glitch is in the background doing all the work like bypassing alarms, shutting down power systems, etc.

Which Autobot Pretender actually lived in a fantasy world incorporating his missions into the fantasies? Was it Sky High? That could be fun.

Barrage and Heave sounded like they'd be fun. The quiet scientist and the battle hungry brawler. Always love that line in MTMTE where the Astro Squad laugh unintentinally as Barrage drags Heave across a battlefield with Barrage's battlecrys drowning out Heave's yelps of protest.