Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Benbot : (20 November 2018 - 06:54 PM)

We're not actually back, this is all a dream.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 November 2018 - 06:12 PM)

It was, we're just humoring you.

@  Arazyr : (20 November 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I was wondering if that was just me...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 November 2018 - 02:01 PM)

And we are back after that round of Forum downtime.

@  Pennpenn : (20 November 2018 - 06:30 AM)

Feels like it's been so long since there's been a proper storm that I've been awake for. This one even has pink lightning, which always great.

@  Pennpenn : (20 November 2018 - 06:22 AM)

So long as he has an R by his name. Even if the R is for "Recepticons"

@  Nevermore : (20 November 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Sadly, my first reaction was "And I'm sure way too many people would seriously, unironically really vote for the blatant bad guy and still cheer at him while he's slaughtering the masses because they saw him on TV and he's cool."

@  Nevermore : (20 November 2018 - 06:17 AM)

Someone over at TFW2005 just discovered an old photo of political campaign signs, with one saying "Vote Megatron! Global Domination."

@  Paladin : (19 November 2018 - 07:02 AM)

let's be real. at this rate we're not lasting until 2075.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 November 2018 - 06:34 AM)

The rest of the world may build a wall around the US in 2075.

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:53 AM)

Tell an conservative conspiracy maniac that women are literally the Satan's spawn out to infect humanity with the gender virus that will turn everyone into communist Muslims who eat children, and they will be like, "Well of course! That makes perfect sense!"

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:49 AM)

It's evidence of Poe's Law.

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:48 AM)

The world is insane.

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:48 AM)

Geeez, I just read a story about a liberal satire Facebook page that would publish absolutely outlandish, ridiculous made-up conservative propaganda, stuff so absurd nobody with half a brain could take it seriously... and conservatives are taking it at face value.

@  Pennpenn : (19 November 2018 - 02:27 AM)

Oh don't make me go talk to Peter Dutton. My week has been painful enough as it is...

@  Telly : (18 November 2018 - 09:13 PM)

he cant leave quarantine until he talks to the king of the potato people

@  Pennpenn : (18 November 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Debateable. It's a sunday anyway. Wonder if I'll still feel up and ready to go tomorrow. Don't want to take too many days off leading up to the end of the year.

@  MEDdMI : (18 November 2018 - 12:01 AM)

@Pennpenn hooray! Now you can leave quarantine.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2018 - 08:58 PM)

The national tour is currently in Raleigh-Durham.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2018 - 06:29 PM)

Ok, feeling much better now.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 November 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Is hamilton playing in hamilton?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 November 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Maybe the show in the city?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 November 2018 - 01:21 PM)

To the show or the city?

@  The Doctor Who : (17 November 2018 - 11:01 AM)

Niiice!

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2018 - 10:48 AM)

My mom won two tickets to Hamilton!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 November 2018 - 09:46 AM)

Welp, good morning so far. My brother helped me get my sister in law's christmas gift, and reminded me I still had to get my mom's calendar for next year.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2018 - 08:22 AM)

Oh yeah, feeling feverish. What fun.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 November 2018 - 10:07 PM)

My father used to ask his boss that question. Then he STOPPED asking, and got used to twiddling his thumbs. Made things so much easier, and didn't actually change how his bosses thought of him.

@  Nevermore : (16 November 2018 - 07:31 PM)

So of course you wait until the end of your shift like everyone else, THEN you walk up to the manager on duty and ask him what you're supposed to do during the requested overtime.

@  Nevermore : (16 November 2018 - 07:30 PM)

Fun: The employer allows (paid) voluntary overtime, cannot backtrack on the permit, and before the regular end of your shift, you notice you're rapidly running out of work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 November 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Fear is a state of mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 November 2018 - 06:25 PM)

Did you just assume my sociopolitical status?

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2018 - 06:13 PM)

Oh stop being such a pack of drama monarchs!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 November 2018 - 06:11 PM)

Too late. They can smell your fear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2018 - 04:10 PM)

Nobody say anything and you'll be safe from the mob.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 November 2018 - 03:41 PM)

It used to be

@  Arazyr : (16 November 2018 - 02:05 PM)

I would agree.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 November 2018 - 01:15 PM)

I say yes, but I imagine many would disagree with me.

@  Paladin : (16 November 2018 - 12:34 PM)

settle a bet: is "drama queen" a gender-neutral description?

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 November 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Sounds like management is the same everywhere :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2018 - 08:12 PM)

My bosses are too busy trying to see if they can have their heads up their own asses while still being able to kiss the asses of everyone above them. It'd be amusing to watch if I wasn't one of the ones trying to get everything done to cover for it.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:05 PM)

He's living by the standard "bow to those below you; kick at those above you. You got more people below you than above you."

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:04 PM)

Whenever we go on strike, he's there with us. He told me that this is the only completely legal way for him to show his own bosses the finger,

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:03 PM)

Well, this guy has been getting flak from above, it's just that he doesn't care. He's doing what he thinks is right. He's easily the smartest of my superiors, and also the one with the biggest balls.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2018 - 05:24 PM)

Must be nice, having a boss that cares.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 November 2018 - 01:03 PM)

Indeed.

@  Echowarrior : (15 November 2018 - 11:58 AM)

That's a good superior.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:21 AM)

Arguing in my favor that I was working under sub-par conditions, there were problems with sudden halts of the conveyor and other issues that affected my productivity, and besides, why was this guy giving a feedback to one of HIS subordinates, wich was his job?

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Also, yesterday he stood up for me when a superior from the department I was sent to was giving me a productivity feedback.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM)

So this week all of my superiors save one guy are absent, and I'm not noticing a difference. Which says a lot about this guy.

- - - - -

Upgrade failures

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#41 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 20656 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Might Gaine @ Feb 25 2012, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cybertron Unicron. Hard to one-up a toy that is 90% homage to a fan favorite character with a toy that takes a lot more liberties and is a lot smaller.

I think that one was an intentional downgrade. I mean, it's smaller, and represents Unicron restored in a less imposing form after his body was destroyed.

#42 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 35781 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(Item42 @ Feb 26 2012, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Might Gaine @ Feb 25 2012, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cybertron Unicron. Hard to one-up a toy that is 90% homage to a fan favorite character with a toy that takes a lot more liberties and is a lot smaller.

I think that one was an intentional downgrade. I mean, it's smaller, and represents Unicron restored in a less imposing form after his body was destroyed.

On the plus side though, you can stand him on Cybertron if you have Primus. Then he's massive!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#43 windsweeper

windsweeper
  • Validating
  • 1202 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Pretender Bumblebee was much better than the original with that ugly faceplate. He had toon face, a rifle and his arms didn't just move up.

Legends are terrible upgrades. If they had repainted their larger counterparts for the Classics like Starscream and Blades, then they would have been great but I just think, for the most part, they're too small and cheap. Noone can defend Legends Hound. Jazz might have worked for me as a Scout. I know most of you like them so we'll agree to differ.

Powermaster Prime is terrible. Oversized bug eyed head and stumpy arms. People complain about Energon Prime but he can reach past his 'belly'. If he looked like he does in the packaging on the back of the box, then I'd be impressed.

ROTF Nightbeat. Beautiful car mode, possibly my favourite repaint of all time but the Movie-style, alien head just doesn't suit my favourite Autobot detective.

Edited by windsweeper, 26 February 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#44 Mako Crab

Mako Crab
  • Citizen
  • 2789 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Transmetal Megatron to Dragon Megatron.

I think his TM body is the best look he ever had. Tan, black and purple color scheme. Cool robotic looking T-rex beast mode. The giant shoulder pads. The chest plate with the super evil looking Predacon emblem. The giant boots. The whole thing worked and he was just cool. Then he gets upgraded into a dragon and he. . .

* has that stupid yellow visor on his head
* tail coming off his head
* no shoulder pads
* cool chestplate is replaced by a. . . yellow orb in his gut? Makes him look like he's got a pot belly.
* Long dragon neck for an arm. Not as cool as the tail canon of his TM form.
* Red and yellow color scheme. Why even change his colors?? He's always been purple. At least when he loses the war, he'll have a job waiting for him at McDonald's. Red and yellow, y'know.

I was so disappointed when I first saw his dragon form on the show. Only 3 episodes to go, and they do that to him. Just sad.

#45 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Feb 26 2012, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretender Bumblebee was much better than the original with that ugly faceplate. He had toon face, a rifle and his arms didn't just move up.

He had CLIFFJUMPER's toon face though.

#46 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Girl Whomst Love Girls

• Staff
  • 22000 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Mako Crab @ Feb 26 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Transmetal Megatron to Dragon Megatron.

I think his TM body is the best look he ever had. Tan, black and purple color scheme. Cool robotic looking T-rex beast mode. The giant shoulder pads. The chest plate with the super evil looking Predacon emblem. The giant boots. The whole thing worked and he was just cool. Then he gets upgraded into a dragon and he. . .

* has that stupid yellow visor on his head
* tail coming off his head
* no shoulder pads
* cool chestplate is replaced by a. . . yellow orb in his gut? Makes him look like he's got a pot belly.
* Long dragon neck for an arm. Not as cool as the tail canon of his TM form.
* Red and yellow color scheme. Why even change his colors?? He's always been purple. At least when he loses the war, he'll have a job waiting for him at McDonald's. Red and yellow, y'know.

I was so disappointed when I first saw his dragon form on the show. Only 3 episodes to go, and they do that to him. Just sad.

Agreed, I don't like Dragon Megatron very much at all.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#47 Professor

Professor
  • Citizen
  • 4035 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well, yeah, because in the cartoon so did Bumblebee.

#48 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 25937 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Cat @ Feb 26 2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which, to me, still looked more like Bumblebee on the cartoon than the Minibot's head did.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#49 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(▲ndrusi @ Feb 26 2012, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Cat @ Feb 26 2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which, to me, still looked more like Bumblebee on the cartoon than the Minibot's head did.

Touch

#50 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37675 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm going to throw my hat in here and say any version of Soundwave past the original, in any continuity. Even third party versions have blown it thus far, and while Takara's MP3 version is very nice, its inability to store the guns and lack of an attempt at tape interaction (unlike USB Blaster) kind of kills it. Let's not speak of Cybertron Soundwave (although Prime Soundwave feels an awful lot like a better take on that design).
Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#51 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37675 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Oh yeah, and Optimal Optimus. It's crap. It's always been crap, even when everyone was raving over the damn thing when it came out. The colors are horrible. It looks bad in all four "modes", two of which are so tacked on it's painful. The original Ultra was a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Spark, 26 February 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#52 Boltax

Boltax

Pap Pap! Kue Ray Yong Pap!

• Citizen
  • 2952 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Soundwave's original toy is just too good. Weapon storage, simple but really fun transformation, not too bad in terms of articulation.

But the real kicker is the interaction with the tapes. The tapes are SUCH fun toys -- and there's SOOOOO many of them, especially nowadays.

--Andrew S.
(There's just no way a new Soundwave could ever compete.)

#53 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 16017 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Professor @ Feb 26 2012, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, yeah, because in the cartoon so did Bumblebee.

Pretender Bumblebee has Cliffjumper's entire HEAD, though. Cartoon Bumblebee doesn't have Cliffjumper's helmet.

#54 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37675 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Boltax @ Feb 26 2012, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soundwave's original toy is just too good. Weapon storage, simple but really fun transformation, not too bad in terms of articulation.

But the real kicker is the interaction with the tapes. The tapes are SUCH fun toys -- and there's SOOOOO many of them, especially nowadays.

--Andrew S.
(There's just no way a new Soundwave could ever compete.)

There's an undoubtedly overpriced third party Masterpiece version coming with redesigned tapes, but even that one may not turn out great. And Hasbro nearly always seems to miss that having an army inside his chest was one of the most appealing things about Soundwave. Now it's usually just a one-off Laserbeak or nothing at all.

#55 Mecheon

Mecheon

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

• Citizen
  • 1757 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(windsweeper @ Feb 27 2012, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ROTF Nightbeat. Beautiful car mode, possibly my favourite repaint of all time but the Movie-style, alien head just doesn't suit my favourite Autobot detective.

In Nightbeat's defence, he was actually originally supposed to be a homage to Botcon Packrat, not Nightbeat

It was changed last minute because they didn't think Packrat would be a good name so they decided to make him Nightbeat instead

#56 Professor

Professor
  • Citizen
  • 4035 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Pretender Bumblebee has Cliffjumper's entire HEAD, though. Cartoon Bumblebee doesn't have Cliffjumper's helmet.

Cartoon Bumblebee has Cliff's helmet a lot more than he has toy Bumblebee's helmet.

#57 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12896 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Feb 26 2012, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to throw my hat in here and say any version of Soundwave past the original, in any continuity. Even third party versions have blown it thus far, and while Takara's MP3 version is very nice, its inability to store the guns and lack of an attempt at tape interaction (unlike USB Blaster) kind of kills it. Let's not speak of Cybertron Soundwave (although Prime Soundwave feels an awful lot like a better take on that design).

Frenzy and Rumble head phones are also pretty bad.

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#58 Might Gaine

Might Gaine

ARMS UP!! \(^_^)/

• Retired Staff
  • 12896 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Spark @ Feb 26 2012, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, and Optimal Optimus. It's crap. It's always been crap, even when everyone was raving over the damn thing when it came out. The colors are horrible. It looks bad in all four "modes", two of which are so tacked on it's painful. The original Ultra was a hell of a lot better.

I loved that toy--it's a lot of fun to go between the different modes and the toy is quite big. The modes didn't feel tacked-on to me. I've always thought of them as "futuristic". I like the Ultra too--they're just very different toys in what they are trying to accomplish.

Sign up at ToyStoreUpdates.com to get email updates when new Transformers come into stock at Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and Hasbro Toy Shop.

#59 NovaSaber

NovaSaber

Soundwave is colorblind

• Citizen
  • 5615 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Cat @ Feb 26 2012, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Universe 2.0 Prowl.

The Legends version kicks the crap out of it.

That's not right.

But, Universe Deluxe Prowl came out before RtS Legends Prowl. The newer one being better than the older one is the opposite of "upgrade failure".

#60 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 37675 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

See, I vastly prefer futuristic Transformers, but if you take the all the wings and wheels off, it can still go between robot and ape modes perfectly fine which screams "tacked on" to me. The only sticking point is the cockpit and huge electronic gun box which just kind of... hang out there in either vehicle mode.