Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (30 April 2017 - 09:46 PM)

" his weakness to fire." i can see the battle now: "you may have beat me to a bloody pulp, broken both my legs and shattered my spine, but i have a LIT MATCH!! whatre you gonna do NOW???"

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM)

Damn the shoutbox won't accept Asian script.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 06:39 PM)

許されざる者よ!

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 06:35 PM)

he's also addicted to Oreos. so, two weaknesses. :p

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 06:34 PM)

I remember Justice League left out his eye beams and played down his strength a bit, which I presume was done to help deifferentiate him from Superman.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 06:32 PM)

There's a reason why he's considered one of the most powerful of the JLA. Only one they can depend on to defeat him is Plastic Man, due to his brain's malleability.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:27 PM)

Wow, reading about all his powers, he's actually kind of overpowered aside from his weakness to fire.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:23 PM)

Martian Manhunter can disguise himself as anyone, shrink, grow, become invisible, stretch out his limbs, pop out extra arms, change his arms into blades, do all sorts of psychic stuff...

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:22 PM)

Which is kind of dumb. Aside from being a super-strong flying alien with eye beams that wears a cape and has super senses, there's a lot of differences.

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 06:18 PM)

the higher-ups at WB apparently consider Martian Manhunter redundant- a "green Superman." that''s suposedly why hes left out.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:16 PM)

I wouldn't mind seeing them put Steel in one of the DCEU movies, as long as they're better than the last three.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:12 PM)

Really, he should be one of the easiest JL members to cast. You can take any guy of any race who's muscular enough for the role. It'd probably piss off the purists who want everything to be as close to the comics as possible, but you can't do anything without pissing them off.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:10 PM)

Foffy's right. I mean, they don't have to keep Martian Manhunter white. He can disguise himself as any race.

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

@Paladin I feel like Martian Manhunter would probably be played by a black actor anyway, though? I mean, his VAs in both the DCAU and The Batman were african american. Also, movies are a separate medium from comics.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

He's, like, the least interesting Earth GL.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:08 PM)

Hal Jordan is honestly a really boring character.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 06:04 PM)

I mean, I don't hate Aquaman or Hal Jordan, but I like Martian Manhunter a lot more.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 06:02 PM)

Meh, if I were then I would have just used John Stewart as Green Lantern, but I'd also have used Wally West instead of Barry Allen.

@  Paladin : (30 April 2017 - 05:59 PM)

because then WB has a reason/excuse to actually cast a black guy in the movie.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Nah, just stick him on a Wildstorm title, great idea.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:52 PM)

Like, it's nice have Cybog getting his dues, but you could've have had him replaced Aquaman, not the guy who's literally been on every incarnation of the team and is it's heart and soul.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:51 PM)

Why on the New 52, Martian Manhunter isn't one of the finding JLA members.

@  Verity Carlo : (30 April 2017 - 05:50 PM)

You know what I'll never understand?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 April 2017 - 05:01 PM)

There are shops with lots of pre-owned stuff like Mandarake, so it doesn't necessarily need to be retail, depending on where he's going.

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM)

Every other MP I want I have. I wonder how cheap Inferno is at retail...

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM)

I wonder if Star Saber is still around at retail. I don't know what it all looks like over there.

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 04:05 PM)

Ask them to bring back a real live japanese person for you.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 April 2017 - 04:01 PM)

I'd say "any TF you don't already have" but I guess that's too general.

@  Msol : (30 April 2017 - 03:46 PM)

So hey I've got a buddy going to Japan for a vacation. What would be a good thing for him to bring back for me on the cheap? I've already got MP-36 so I'm not sure what else would worthwile...

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 12:11 PM)

*Clicks on link* Ooh, that is a lovely webcomic, thank you. I'm going to have to bookmark this.

@  Rycochet : (30 April 2017 - 10:42 AM)

Breaking Cat News is a pretty awesome webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:49 AM)

Brawl in the Family's my favorite webcomic.

@  Evac : (30 April 2017 - 09:48 AM)

You're a penguin, Dedede! You're a grumpy, grouchy guy! Your aggravating antics even sicken Sakurai, Dedede-EE! The only game you deserve is on the PHILLIPS CD-I! You're a mean king, Dedede! You've got Tektites in your smile! You've got all the wrath of Ganondorf, but only half the style, Dedede-EE! You'd even steal a painting of A SEASICK CROCODILE! I think I hate you, Dedede! You pathetic, putrid punk! You're as rancid as a Redead in a landfill full of junk, Dedede-EE! You miserable end-boss, you make me sick! And you can't even keep a pink puffball out of your hair! Three words that describe you best would be "stink, STANK, STUNK!"

@  unluckiness : (30 April 2017 - 09:27 AM)

if you like it you should have put a ring on it

@  2017 : (30 April 2017 - 09:09 AM)

There's nothing wrong with it, it's 99% of the time a joke term.

@  Pennpenn : (30 April 2017 - 08:39 AM)

I'll be gladder when the term "waifu" gets somehow deleted from existence, or at least falls out of common (or any) use.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (30 April 2017 - 04:36 AM)

Blasphemy! Zero Suit Samus forever!

@  Foffy : (30 April 2017 - 03:31 AM)

That feeling when you finally realize that King Dedede is the best waifu and all others are shit.

@  Pennpenn : (29 April 2017 - 08:35 PM)

There are probably plenty of people who wouldn't know them from Adam. Me, for example.

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:18 PM)

not from me. id just put him on ignore

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (29 April 2017 - 08:16 PM)

I thought of something else about TFW2005 versus the Allspark. If Ignash was allowed back here, wouldn't that initiate lots of frustration and/or abandonment by people here?

@  Telly : (29 April 2017 - 08:09 PM)

with FRIGGIN laser beams on their FRIGGIN heads!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:32 PM)

the do this to sharks. Friggin' sharks!

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 04:31 PM)

they don't kill. they eat half of your face, and you're left with a hideous tumor where the barnacle is.

@  Locoman : (29 April 2017 - 03:49 PM)

Perhaps the barnacle, consumed with guilt at what he'd done, took his own life after killing everyone

@  Lazy Garou : (29 April 2017 - 02:28 PM)

parasitic barnacles are the stuff of nightmares

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:39 PM)

But barnacles don't have- *checks* "The main sense of barnacles appears to be touch, with the hairs on the limbs being especially sensitive. The adult also has a single eye, although this is probably only capable of sensing the difference between light and dark.[4]This eye is derived from the primarynaupliar eye." Huh.

@  ▲ndrusi : (29 April 2017 - 01:29 PM)

He looked in a mirror

@  Evac : (29 April 2017 - 01:26 PM)

He was killed by his own ugliness. Kind of a "Hoist by His Own Petard" thing.

@  MEDdMI : (29 April 2017 - 01:12 PM)

How did the barnacle get killed if everyone died from his ugliness?

Photo
- - - - -

2012 Transformers Hall of Fame!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
317 replies to this topic

#1 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38680 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

In 2010, Hasbro inducted humans and robots from the worlds of toys, entertainment and CYBERTRON into the inaugural class of its TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame, honoring more than 25 years of ?robots in disguise? action. Now in its third year, Hasbro is once again turning to fans to help finalize the 2012 robot inductee class.

Hasbro?s internal panel of judges has chosen three iconic characters to induct into the TRANFORMERS Hall of Fame in 2012?Heroic AUTOBOTS JAZZ and GRIMLOCK, as well as evil DECEPTICON SHOCKWAVE. But we need your help to determine this year's fourth robot inductee!

The winning character will be announced at the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday, April 28 at BOTCON, the Official TRANSFORMERS Convention in Dallas, TX.

The TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame was created to honor those influential in building the iconic entertainment brand, as well as the actual ?ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.? The inaugural induction ceremony was held at BotCon 2010. TRANSFORMERS influentials Bob Budiansky, Peter Cullen, Hideaki Yoke, and Kohjin Ohno were members of the inaugural class, along with five notable robot characters that are a part of Transformers lore. The previous robot honorees (who are ineligible for the fan-voted slot in this year's ceremony) are:
OPTIMUS PRIME
BUMBLEBEE
MEGATRON
STARSCREAM
DINOBOT
IRONHIDE
RATCHET
SOUNDWAVE
WASPINATOR

First round nominees are due by March 1st, so let's get this rolling!

(Also keep in mind that we asked Hasbro and BW Megatron is a different character than G1 Megatron....Not to sway any votes!)

#2 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38680 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Please clearly type your nomination, and separate it from your discussion of the Hall of Fame. For example:

My nomination: BEAST WARS MEGATRON

Here is why. Or why I like the previous nomination as well. Or maybe I'm posting a joke here. Perhaps it's a complete non-sequitor. Whatever this is, it's not my nomination, which I've clearly labeled and is easy to see.

#3 Dante

Dante

Handsome like an F-22 fighter jet

• Citizen
  • 13304 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

HIM GRIM -- oh.

Shock -- ah, dammit.

Ja -- well jive.

I'm gonna have to think about this one...

#4 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14842 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

FINALLY. Been waiting for this. Grimlock, Jazz, Shockwave are "finallys" too. They deserved to be in long ago. Taking them out opens things up nicely. BW Megatron probably has it sown up this year, but honestly I want to think deeper than that... even if it ends up being moot.

My Nomination: Omega Supreme

-ZacWilliam, Seriously considered the Aerialbots or Insecticons but I kinda a feel they need in as a team rather than individuals. Jetfire/Skyfire would also be a top choice but Omega just barely beats him for me. Part of me would love to nominate Scrounge just because I love him and the Marvel Comic but I don't think he'd get any votes beyond me and after the Erector debacle Hasbro is probably not eager to see anyone who isn't a legit big name.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 23 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#5 Shadewing

Shadewing

Evil faces a Black Night

• Supporter
  • 32341 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Discharge!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#6 Caboo

Caboo

Local Tentacle Maiden

• Supporter
  • 19909 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Due to convincing arguments and love for the character himself, I'm changing my vote to:

BULKHEAD

Edited by Cabooceratops, 23 February 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#7 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2438 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Feb 23 2012, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-ZacWilliam, Seriously considered the Aerialbots or Insecticons but I kinda a feel they need in as a team rather than individuals. Jetfire/Skyfire would also be a top choice but Omega just barely beats him for me.

Now I wonder if Hasbro would let anyone be inducted twice, as part of a team and as an individual (like Eric Clapton). I can't think of any team members other than Grimlock that REALLY stand out though...

Nice to see that everyone nominated in the past 2 years is now officially in (with one exception that I'm grateful for), that should give us an interesting field this year. Which brings us to...

My nomination: Blackarachnia

Crafty, independent, seductive, lethal, and unpredictable. In the small class of female Transformers, she stands out, and the fact that she's had 2.5 incarnations (I count Airachnid as a half, BA was clearly the inspiration for her) is a testament to that.

(I fought against nominating another Beast-era character, but I can't think of anyone else who I thought has had a lasting impact on the franchise yet.)

#8 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 5930 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

I say we go 3 for 3 with the Beast wars cast.

I'm voting for Blackarachnia.

Lets get at least one femme into the line-up. lol.

Visit me on my Webpage!

#9 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Administrator
  • 33351 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Beast Wars Megatron

post-649-0-22833100-1488828098.jpg

#10 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 3744 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

The Hasbro choices are pretty much no brainers, and as show why voting for them in the past was pointless, they were shoe-ins anyway.

My nomination: Blackarachnia

She was the first female character Hasbro made a toy of, and from starting out from the humble beginnings as a redeco, she eventually got her own original molds. Blackarachnia has also managed to appear in two separate universes. As a character, she has received a ton of character development and growth in both incarnations, more so then a lot of other well known characters.

#11 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 13383 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

My nomination: Rhinox

The heart and soul of the Maximal team, he kept them in good repair, kept the equipment up and running, guided them spiritually, and was the heavy hand when a smackdown was required. Also, he won the Beast Wars for them by ramming a shuttlecraft down Megatron's throat.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#12 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 57701 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Skywarp

As Transformers first Decepticon redeco he needs some love!

#13 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14842 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 23 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skywarp

That's not really a fair title, as Thundercracker, Starscream, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw could all lay equal claim on it.

That said, Skywarp and Cracker are both really good choices I didn't think of.

-ZacWilliam, they go with Wheeljack, Mirage, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Sideswipe as eventual shoe-in IMO...

#14 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48441 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

JAZZ
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#15 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1631 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

My nomination: Arcee.

First regular female character in G1, also had incarnations in the Beast Era (via a con exclusive), the Unicron Trilogy, the live-action movies, and Animated...and now Transformers Prime has given her the spotlight in a big way. Honestly, I was ambivalent about the past versions of the character, but the first season of TFP made her my favorite.

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14842 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Cheetimus Primal @ Feb 23 2012, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JAZZ

HE'S ALREADY IN! READ THE FIRST POST AND PICK AGAIN!

-ZacWilliam, icon-hotrod.gif

#17 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 57701 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

JAZZ

QUOTE(NightViper @ Feb 23 2012, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hasbro?s internal panel of judges has chosen three iconic characters to induct into the TRANFORMERS Hall of Fame in 2012?Heroic AUTOBOTS JAZZ and GRIMLOCK, as well as evil DECEPTICON SHOCKWAVE. But we need your help to determine this year's fourth robot inductee!

Cheets can't read. icon-fire.gif

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Powered Convoy @ Feb 23 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Skywarp

That's not really a fair title, as Thundercracker, Starscream, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw could all lay equal claim on it.

That said, Skywarp and Cracker are both really good choices I didn't think of.

-ZacWilliam, they go with Wheeljack, Mirage, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Sideswipe as eventual shoe-in IMO...

I should have said first unique redeco for the Decepticons, as in something that didn't show up in Diaclone or Microchange. Buzzsaw, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker are the others.

Randy

#18 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Citizen
  • 19474 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Silverbolt

He's been a surprisingly strong cross-series character over the years.
Lexicon: still up and running!

"At my last intern briefing, Craig was clearly tired. His message had changed to, "Stay out of trouble, period." It seemed that, as director of security, Livingstone was growing old fast. If he didn't watch out, he'd become one of us - a 'Mormon' or a 'straight,' which is what Clinton staffers called FBI agents, the Secret Service, and former Bush employees."

Aldrich, Gary. Unlimited Access Washington D.C.: Regency, 1996. Pg 38

Please visit my Half.com store

Deviant Art page

#19 Cheetimus Primal

Cheetimus Primal

Commissions! cheetimus@cheetimus.com

• Retired Staff
  • 48441 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JAZZ

HE'S ALREADY IN! READ THE FIRST POST AND PICK AGAIN!

-ZacWilliam, icon-hotrod.gif

HE DESERVES TWO ENTRIES
24674394486_13a96b16e0_o.jpg

#20 LV!

LV!

Ol' 55

• Citizen
  • 10683 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

RAVAGE

First Decepticon to join Megatron, first Transformer to ever have a speaking role in TF fiction, best G1 guy to appear in BW, only Decepticon to get two Alternators and one of two to get his own non-redeco mold, and only Transformer to be canonically labelled as containing a recording of the soundtrack to "Cats".

Ravage is the best.