Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Arazyr : (20 November 2018 - 02:17 PM)

I was wondering if that was just me...

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 November 2018 - 02:01 PM)

And we are back after that round of Forum downtime.

@  Pennpenn : (20 November 2018 - 06:30 AM)

Feels like it's been so long since there's been a proper storm that I've been awake for. This one even has pink lightning, which always great.

@  Pennpenn : (20 November 2018 - 06:22 AM)

So long as he has an R by his name. Even if the R is for "Recepticons"

@  Nevermore : (20 November 2018 - 06:18 AM)

Sadly, my first reaction was "And I'm sure way too many people would seriously, unironically really vote for the blatant bad guy and still cheer at him while he's slaughtering the masses because they saw him on TV and he's cool."

@  Nevermore : (20 November 2018 - 06:17 AM)

Someone over at TFW2005 just discovered an old photo of political campaign signs, with one saying "Vote Megatron! Global Domination."

@  Paladin : (19 November 2018 - 07:02 AM)

let's be real. at this rate we're not lasting until 2075.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 November 2018 - 06:34 AM)

The rest of the world may build a wall around the US in 2075.

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:53 AM)

Tell an conservative conspiracy maniac that women are literally the Satan's spawn out to infect humanity with the gender virus that will turn everyone into communist Muslims who eat children, and they will be like, "Well of course! That makes perfect sense!"

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:49 AM)

It's evidence of Poe's Law.

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:48 AM)

The world is insane.

@  Nevermore : (19 November 2018 - 05:48 AM)

Geeez, I just read a story about a liberal satire Facebook page that would publish absolutely outlandish, ridiculous made-up conservative propaganda, stuff so absurd nobody with half a brain could take it seriously... and conservatives are taking it at face value.

@  Pennpenn : (19 November 2018 - 02:27 AM)

Oh don't make me go talk to Peter Dutton. My week has been painful enough as it is...

@  Telly : (18 November 2018 - 09:13 PM)

he cant leave quarantine until he talks to the king of the potato people

@  Pennpenn : (18 November 2018 - 01:03 AM)

Debateable. It's a sunday anyway. Wonder if I'll still feel up and ready to go tomorrow. Don't want to take too many days off leading up to the end of the year.

@  MEDdMI : (18 November 2018 - 12:01 AM)

@Pennpenn hooray! Now you can leave quarantine.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2018 - 08:58 PM)

The national tour is currently in Raleigh-Durham.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2018 - 06:29 PM)

Ok, feeling much better now.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 November 2018 - 06:20 PM)

Is hamilton playing in hamilton?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 November 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Maybe the show in the city?

@  wonko the sane? : (17 November 2018 - 01:21 PM)

To the show or the city?

@  The Doctor Who : (17 November 2018 - 11:01 AM)

Niiice!

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2018 - 10:48 AM)

My mom won two tickets to Hamilton!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 November 2018 - 09:46 AM)

Welp, good morning so far. My brother helped me get my sister in law's christmas gift, and reminded me I still had to get my mom's calendar for next year.

@  Pennpenn : (17 November 2018 - 08:22 AM)

Oh yeah, feeling feverish. What fun.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 November 2018 - 10:07 PM)

My father used to ask his boss that question. Then he STOPPED asking, and got used to twiddling his thumbs. Made things so much easier, and didn't actually change how his bosses thought of him.

@  Nevermore : (16 November 2018 - 07:31 PM)

So of course you wait until the end of your shift like everyone else, THEN you walk up to the manager on duty and ask him what you're supposed to do during the requested overtime.

@  Nevermore : (16 November 2018 - 07:30 PM)

Fun: The employer allows (paid) voluntary overtime, cannot backtrack on the permit, and before the regular end of your shift, you notice you're rapidly running out of work.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 November 2018 - 06:27 PM)

Fear is a state of mind.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 November 2018 - 06:25 PM)

Did you just assume my sociopolitical status?

@  Pennpenn : (16 November 2018 - 06:13 PM)

Oh stop being such a pack of drama monarchs!

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 November 2018 - 06:11 PM)

Too late. They can smell your fear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 November 2018 - 04:10 PM)

Nobody say anything and you'll be safe from the mob.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 November 2018 - 03:41 PM)

It used to be

@  Arazyr : (16 November 2018 - 02:05 PM)

I would agree.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 November 2018 - 01:15 PM)

I say yes, but I imagine many would disagree with me.

@  Paladin : (16 November 2018 - 12:34 PM)

settle a bet: is "drama queen" a gender-neutral description?

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 November 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Sounds like management is the same everywhere :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2018 - 08:12 PM)

My bosses are too busy trying to see if they can have their heads up their own asses while still being able to kiss the asses of everyone above them. It'd be amusing to watch if I wasn't one of the ones trying to get everything done to cover for it.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:05 PM)

He's living by the standard "bow to those below you; kick at those above you. You got more people below you than above you."

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:04 PM)

Whenever we go on strike, he's there with us. He told me that this is the only completely legal way for him to show his own bosses the finger,

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 07:03 PM)

Well, this guy has been getting flak from above, it's just that he doesn't care. He's doing what he thinks is right. He's easily the smartest of my superiors, and also the one with the biggest balls.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2018 - 05:24 PM)

Must be nice, having a boss that cares.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (15 November 2018 - 01:03 PM)

Indeed.

@  Echowarrior : (15 November 2018 - 11:58 AM)

That's a good superior.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:21 AM)

Arguing in my favor that I was working under sub-par conditions, there were problems with sudden halts of the conveyor and other issues that affected my productivity, and besides, why was this guy giving a feedback to one of HIS subordinates, wich was his job?

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Also, yesterday he stood up for me when a superior from the department I was sent to was giving me a productivity feedback.

@  Nevermore : (15 November 2018 - 06:19 AM)

So this week all of my superiors save one guy are absent, and I'm not noticing a difference. Which says a lot about this guy.

@  Waspinator : (15 November 2018 - 03:28 AM)

That's hateriffic.

@  MEDdMI : (14 November 2018 - 11:48 PM)

I both love and hate you all :wtf

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Allspark 2012 Charity Drive - $6000 Total

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
220 replies to this topic

#21 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

My God, I love this place.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#22 Solarstorm

Solarstorm
  • Citizen
  • 7381 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Oh and I'd like to thank whoever made the signature widgets.

Nice to see the BW guys get some love - including my favorite BW toy!

"The way YOU are built lends itself to similarly big weapons. Magnus by comparison is a girly man."--Bainreese

#23 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Did the sig widget things break anyone else's Allspark? I get the "web page not found" instead of the picture, and it won't load pages correctly anywhere on the pafe after the "sig" is displayed.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#24 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11956 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have no idea why the sig broke for you. It seems like the forum tried to insert bbcode into the middle of the iframe, which is totally bizarre. Gotta run right now, but I'll look into it.

#25 Big Show

Big Show

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Well, it's not crippling the entire website anymore, so I'll hold off before putting it back in my sig until you get the chance to check it out.
QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a hierarchy.

#26 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11956 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

gosh, I'm so proud of this site right now. $300 in the first 16 hours? Amazing.

#27 Galenraff

Galenraff

Sarcasm: unappreciated.

• Retired Staff
  • 33610 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Daytonus is responsible for the widget. He had the idea for it to be a Battleship game in progress, and picked the selection of characters! Plus, he's the one who knows how to code. He gets all the props for that!

ALERT: Everything is fine.

#28 Bleargh001

Bleargh001
  • Supporter
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

That time again? Fantastic!

Gotta get my jive together and find out how much I can do this year!

#29 tec

tec

Zero Suit Shante

• Supporter
  • 28853 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

If your gonna sell any G1s on ebay let me know what your selling before hand I cant do ebay but would love help you raise funds icon-fire.gif

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#30 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5942 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Right now, the total seems to be 498.03. But I got to ask, how did we get .03? I even went to donate $1.97, just so we'd have an even number, and the widget rounded it out for me.

It just seems a bit odd. (And please note, the $1.97 would have been my 3rd donation, I'm not being that cheap.)
My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#31 Galenraff

Galenraff

• Retired Staff
  • 33610 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

The Amazon transaction fees are structured very similarly to Paypal's. So they take a small portion of each transaction using the automated widget.

I could math all over this stuff later tonight if you like, but last year's fees were a ridiculously small portion of the total contributions. It's worth it for it to be so super-easy for people to contribute. But offhand, I want to say the total landed in the 1-3% range; very cheap.

#32 Kevin S

Kevin S

Unswerving in my duties

• Supporter
  • 5942 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(Galenraff @ Jan 27 2012, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Amazon transaction fees are structured very similarly to Paypal's. So they take a small portion of each transaction using the automated widget.

I could math all over this stuff later tonight if you like, but last year's fees were a ridiculously small portion of the total contributions. It's worth it for it to be so super-easy for people to contribute. But offhand, I want to say the total landed in the 1-3% range; very cheap.

That's fine. No need for the effort. It explains everything. However, I think the Widget we used last year, didn't calculate for the bites that Paypal took, so its a bit jarring to actually see the odd donation figures.

Still, if you want to do idle math stuff. Maybe, you might want to figure out how much extra person has to pay on the dollar, to actually pay a dollar.

So, if a person wants to pay 5.00, then they need to pay 5.50 (or something). Admittedly, this seems to fall somewhat apart, since it doesn't appear you can donate in increments.

My FlickR folder...

And yes, I was too lazy to come up with a decent TF related forum name, and just *GASP* used my own.

#33 Galenraff

Galenraff

• Retired Staff
  • 33610 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Unless there's more underlying voo-doo at work on the back end than I realize, here's the Amazon Payments fee structure. So if you're just the kind of OCD that wants to see even numbers, that should help you figure it out. Personally, working behind the curtain, I know my amount will always be a nice round number, but otherwise I'm sure this would bother me too. icon-hotrod.gif

(Bear in mind the overall "transaction fee" percentages for the entire drive will be lower than what's on that page, since any donations that don't use the widget will lower the average.)

#34 Daytonus

Daytonus

Full Circle

• Retired Staff
  • 11956 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

For the anal-retentive, I added the code for calculating fees, if you want to add those on top before sending to us. Also, decimals are also available, for the uber-anal retentive.

Edit: For anybody playing along, those calculated donation+fees were incorrect for about 3 minutes, before I realized that I wasn't doing my algebra right. That is, if you want to end up with $x , and they tell you fee= (sum *.029) + .3 , you can't set x=sum, solve for fee, and just add it. You have to set sum - (sum*.29 + 3) = x, then solve for sum.

Edited by Daytonus, 27 January 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#35 Edwin

Edwin

It absolutely will not stop! Ever! Until it has TOYS!

• Supporter
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Donated. Good luck to us all! icon-hotrod.gif

Mike "E"

#36 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34833 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Bump. Threads still have a disappointing lack of Battleship fever. Sigs guys, sigs!

#37 Daith

Daith

Oh what do I know about being silent?

• Supporter
  • 8618 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Alright we are already up to 6 % in less than a day! I'll try to donate at least 5 per check. Hours have been sucking lately but I do what I can here. Already shared the link on facebook earlier. icon-ironhide.gif

Edited by Daith, 27 January 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#38 Ms Virion

Ms Virion

I need to axe you a question

• Retired Staff
  • 18472 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

My finances have really taken a turn for the worse this last month, and I've had to cut out a lot from my budget, but I'll try to donate as often as I can. It's for a great cause after all.

Edited by Matthias Phage, 27 January 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#39 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 27455 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

It'll have to wait until tomorrow but I'm hoping to donate and hopefully more then my pitiful add ons to the last two drives.

Completely echoing others in this is always something that makes me feel proud to be part of this community.

#40 Wheelimus

Wheelimus

And we're back to meh

• Administrator
  • 34833 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

If you can't afford to donate much (and I won't be able to) a little help promoting the effort goes a long way. Power up your signature at other boards you post at and get the word out.