Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 05:11 PM)

Squid robits build machines. Machines decide they had enough of that and kicked the squid robits off the planet. Everything's pretty chill for a while until machines get mad for dumb reasons and break the planet. THE END

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2017 - 04:22 PM)

Primus created Cybertron and The Thirteen. Then later, the Quintessons come to the planet they call Seibertron and use Primus' power; the plasma energy chamber to forge military robots Destrons and consumer robots Cybertrons. The Cybertrons and Destrons rise up and drive the Quintessons away but are unable to live in peace with each other. And so the Cybertron population become the Autobot army and the Destrons become Decepticons, with the Autobots renaming their planet Cybertron. Far far later still, bacteria that was present on the asteroid Primus imprisoned himself within has evolved into organic life within Cybertron...

@  Evac : (27 April 2017 - 03:35 PM)

But aside from the ending Trent and Siph made for them at FunPub, the 3H Wreckers comics kinda sucked.

@  Evac : (27 April 2017 - 03:34 PM)

That's what the 3H Wreckers comics kind of did, actually.

@  wonko the sane? : (27 April 2017 - 03:30 PM)

So, what? The maker of the makers kinda thing?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2017 - 02:55 PM)

My fanon is both the Quintesson and Primus origins. They're compatible.

@  Rycochet : (27 April 2017 - 02:37 PM)

I prefer the profile book/movie interpretation of the Quintessons, a race whose entire purpose is to capture and execute those who escape Unicron.

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 02:03 PM)

I like the Quintesson origin partly because it's a twist on the robot revolution cliche, partly because of the irony of a people uniting against their own creators just to fall into endless civil war, and mostly because i just really like the Quintessons themselves.

@  Diecast : (27 April 2017 - 12:03 PM)

I preferred the Primus origin until it became the more common origin, fiction wise.

@  ▲ndrusi : (27 April 2017 - 11:08 AM)

Since the analogy to humans isn't perfect, it could also be interpreted as closer to "maternity ward."

@  Locoman : (27 April 2017 - 11:02 AM)

I think the most unfortunately named Transformer in their society would probably be Hot Spot, which is like having a human named "Placenta."

@  Locoman : (27 April 2017 - 11:02 AM)

Confusing, I bet.

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 10:58 AM)

I wonder what everyday Transformer society is like where half the population are named after common objects and stuff...

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2017 - 10:53 AM)

I bet Gears hates this.

@  Noideaforaname : (27 April 2017 - 10:18 AM)

Naturally occuring gears! (hey, if bugs can do it...)

@  Evac : (27 April 2017 - 10:00 AM)

They're both better than the Primus origin.

@  unluckiness : (27 April 2017 - 09:56 AM)

The Allspark sucks. I much prefer the quintessons origin.

@  Dracula : (27 April 2017 - 07:23 AM)

I hate the allspark! That's why it's been the only TF forum I've bothered with for almost 10 years!

@  Robowang : (27 April 2017 - 07:13 AM)

As much as I pick on us, that's a really big reason why I like it here too. Plus the traffic isn't so heavy that anything you post gets lost in five minutes.

@  Rycochet : (27 April 2017 - 06:00 AM)

The Allspark is one of the first Transformers sites I've been to where there's no weird hero worship of the staff or two or three staffers who are weirdly aggressive about certain transformers related topics and never fail to show it. This is probably the first site in my near two decades in the fandom I can post and not feel I'm a few steps away from falling afoul of some unwritten rule that will cause people to pile on, so yay Allspark.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (27 April 2017 - 05:31 AM)

*pops in* "Hm, I wonder where the conversation has gone since last night..." *reads* "...huh. I did not see any of that coming."

@  MEDdMI : (27 April 2017 - 05:26 AM)

*apart!

@  MEDdMI : (27 April 2017 - 05:26 AM)

This board has provided me with the only RP campaign that didn't fall a

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 April 2017 - 05:17 AM)

So what? We're disciples of Primus and they're disciples of Unicron?

@  lastmaximal : (27 April 2017 - 04:26 AM)

I'm really not surprised.

@  Nevermore : (27 April 2017 - 04:16 AM)

Well, the users over on TFW in return accuse the Allspark of being an elitist clique that ostracizes everyone who doesn't act like they do (i.e. civil), whereas TFW is more welcoming to everyone regardless of their views.

@  Pennpenn : (27 April 2017 - 03:23 AM)

Hard G. I don't give a solitary shit what the creators call it, the first word in the acronym is "Graphical". I have no idea why they'd think any sane human could, would, or should pronounce it any other way.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (27 April 2017 - 03:13 AM)

I acknowledge what the creators say, but whether I remember to use their pronunciation or not is hit or miss. Heck, I think I usually think of it in my head as "gee-i-ef", in parallel to "JPG" and "PNG".

@  Waspinator : (27 April 2017 - 02:50 AM)

Let's heat things up: what are everyone's opinions on how GIF should be pronounced?

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 11:11 PM)

But I will say that a lot of fandom forums are generally more tolerable nowadays because most belligerent types stick to Facebook groups

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 11:09 PM)

I do like their hard no-politics rule. Now that I do the occasional freelance writing for some local politics and I like zero percent of it my hobby space now. But holy cow, do they replace it with neck beard drama.

@  LordGigaIce : (26 April 2017 - 10:30 PM)

like Noideaforaname I posted on TFW for a while. I came here after I got harassed for daring to suggest that Play With This Too was run by unoriginal hacks, and yeah. This place so much more preferable.

@  Nutjob R/T : (26 April 2017 - 10:15 PM)

And you're turning us on

@  Nutjob R/T : (26 April 2017 - 10:15 PM)

The terrible secret of the Allspark: We all have this twisted fetish for rational thought processes

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:13 PM)

Not everyone likes everything, and people aren't blind to shortfalls or annoyances resulting from constraints of how the brand is handled. We make many a joke out of these things. But it's a rare thing when entitlement replaces logic on here, where that seems to be poster raison d'etre everywhere else.

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:11 PM)

It's utterly weird how these here boards seem so impervious an oasis when it comes to that depth of idiocy. Worshipping 3p and demanding the official companies "step it up" and stop being so lazy? Insisting the movies be done THEIR way, crapping on every single thing revealed about the films or toyline, then whining that they can't find (insert hot movie to here) or the official release of a movie figure doesn't capture the look in the film they hated? Etc

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:09 PM)

It's not even a "brand pissing contest" or "board loyalty" thing, not least due to the fact that those don't really even happen here all that much. I'm just happy to be with levelheaded people who've outgrown the usual fan dumb tropes. You can have a civilized conversation here and people don't shit on things only to hide behind "but but but to each their own right?" when their myopic BS is challenged.

@  lastmaximal : (26 April 2017 - 10:07 PM)

With each time nonsense like this flares up on tfw or on local discussion venues (and it does quite a bit) I'm just reminded of why I've essentially been allspark bound for the last... Fifteen or so years.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 10:07 PM)

On the plus side, tho, TFW has "appreciation threads" for practically everything, even stuff like Kre-O and PCC. And their toy database is quite handy.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 10:03 PM)

I've been happily posting on TFW for years. Then, after being *here* for a few months, I look back and wonder how the hell I even bothered with it. I mean, my ignore list had hundreds of people on it. Literally HUNDREDS of ignored people. I even showed off said gargantuan list once (with a small thumbnail that you couldn't read any of the names on, mind you). That... that really should have been a warning sign, I suppose...

@  WorkbenchManiac : (26 April 2017 - 08:03 PM)

Thanks, I enjoyed reading the nerdrage. I should hang out over there more often.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 07:07 PM)

I mean, Reveal Your Shield. That gets complained about too.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 07:04 PM)

One of the reveal the shield news threads at TFW has movie fans and G1 fans arguing over who has it worse

@  WorkbenchManiac : (26 April 2017 - 06:49 PM)

You got me awfully curious. What thread ware we talking about?

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:17 PM)

That was a quality read. Both sides of that thread's argument went pretty crazy.

@  Noideaforaname : (26 April 2017 - 02:11 PM)

"When Beast Wars made Optimus a monkey nobody complained" ~ someone desperate for a 'gotcha'

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:05 PM)

I want to find the rock they've been under that there isn't constantly complaining about something.

@  Diecast : (26 April 2017 - 02:04 PM)

For the lack if a better word, it baffles me when someone starts a discussion somewhere that's like "Does anyone else not like the movies?"

@  TheMightyMol... : (26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM)

Careful, it might have something to say about that.

@  MEDdMI : (26 April 2017 - 12:13 PM)

I'm gonna have to check your opinion out real good to make sure.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

New Transformers Bot Shots and Transformers Prime Toy Images

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#1 Meister79

Meister79
  • Retired Staff
  • 2482 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

http://www.allspark....t/view/9850/20/

The Bot Shots look promising, especially the Optimus with trailer.
The new Voyager Optimus Prime looks good too.
Legion Breakdown, Soundwave, Evac and Mirage!
Deluxe Robots in Disguise Arcee, Knockout, Vehicon, Hot Shot, and Ratchet!

Edited by Meister79, 19 January 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#2 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

What a nerd!

• Supporter
  • 4013 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

The pic with Starscream and Bumblebee, are those the First Edition toys or second molds?
3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3611 - 9787
I was Ursa'ed on 10/22/13!
I'm an idiot with a warning point.

#3 Meister79

Meister79
  • Retired Staff
  • 2482 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(Lurkercon @ Jan 19 2012, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The pic with Starscream and Bumblebee, are those the First Edition toys or second molds?

They are the First Edition ones.

#4 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5788 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Anyone else getting an Armada vibe from Bot Shot Optimus's truck mode and trailer?

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 19 January 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#5 Dr Syn

Dr Syn

C-Cobra Commander Senpai...

• Citizen
  • 2510 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

Sealed case of 8 including:
TRA LEGION BUMBLEBEE 2
TRA LEGION VEHICON 1
TRA LEGION ARCEE 1
TRA LEGION BREAKDOWN 1
TRA LEGION EVAC 1
TRA LEGION SOUNDWAVE 1
TRA LEGION MIRAGE 1

Sadly Breakdown is a legion not a Command class. But still good he's getting at least one figure somewhere. Unless he ends up being larger like Legion Crowbar does.

Edited by Dr Syn, 19 January 2012 - 07:51 AM.

Legends class figure when? REAL SOON!!

#6 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5852 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hot Shot?! What?

#7 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5788 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(Weremole @ Jan 19 2012, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hot Shot?! What?

Might be a new version of Hot Rod.
I think they've said that they're going to call him that from now on so he doesn't have to be named "Rodimus" pre-Primedom.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 19 January 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#8 Weremole

Weremole

Ah, what the heck. What is in a name?

• Citizen
  • 5852 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(Silent_Magnus @ Jan 19 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Weremole @ Jan 19 2012, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hot Shot?! What?

Might be a new version of Hot Rod.
I think they've said that they're going to call him that from now on so he doesn't have to be named "Rodimus" pre-Primedom.

That would make sense. I'm also getting really curious of all this.

Next month is Season 2 premiere and Toy Fair so the mists will clear eventually.

#9 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

Alright, looks like I'll have to own THAT Voyager Optimus as well. Dammit.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#10 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 7947 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Voyager Optimus doesn't look all that different to me. Just some new weapons and a sword that probably won't bend in half if you breathe on it.
SUPERHERO TIME!!!! Ruining Jokes For Everyone!

TWITTER: Paladin4221

#11 Year Zero

Year Zero

New dawn rises. Behold the Lord of flies.

• Supporter
  • 31141 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hell, that alone is reason enough to buy him.

"Don’t you see? Violence doesn’t end violence. It extends it." - The Tenth Doctor

#12 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14820 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Thoughts:

Look at Bot Shots BBs chest. Looks like theree's some kinda game built into them. I wonder if that square with the stats is a rub sign? Hmm... Not sure what to think of them... Like the size and engineering a lot, not as sure about the superdeformedness...

Mirage and Hot Shot. I HOPE Mirage is a G1-inspired Legend to add to those ranks. I have a feeling it'll possibly be based on the yet unmade Movie character though. Bleh to that. I want more non-show G1 based Cyberverse. Hot Shot is a potentially interesting listing... Lets all just stare at Walky until they reveal a pic and then judge who it is by his reaction. icon-arcee.gif

-ZacWilliam, kinda liking the Voyager Prime and wondering if it might be just G1y enough to go with my classics figures. Will wait and see in person...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#13 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 38671 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 19 2012, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at Bot Shots BBs chest. Looks like theree's some kinda game built into them.

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, I'm pretty sure these are meant to compete with Bakugan.

I'm surprisingly interested in the ones with trailers. I thought I was going to be able to buy one or tow of these as novelty pieces, but I'll be damned if the trailer ones don't make me want to buy all of them. To make a mini-sized fleet of vehicles.

#14 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 8494 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well, I rather hope the RiD release of Arcee and the Vehicon are pretty much the same as their First Edition release, so other countries can get a crack at them without importing, as it looks like they're re-releasing or re-colouring everything else from the FE wave, short of the earlier Cliffjumer mold...

#15 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 14820 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(NightViper @ Jan 19 2012, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(ZacWilliam1 @ Jan 19 2012, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look at Bot Shots BBs chest. Looks like theree's some kinda game built into them.

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, I'm pretty sure these are meant to compete with Bakugan.

I think the size may decide me. If they're really cute and really super tiny I think I may want a bunch. The larger they are the less interested I am since I have better figures at the larger sizes.

-ZacWilliam, I will admit that trailer is super neat looking. I wish the Cyberverse figures had a trailer that looked that cool.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#16 Gryllid

Gryllid

Not a Real Fan

• Supporter
  • 1631 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Bot Shots look fun in that "if nothing else is coming out this month and I have a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket" kind of way.

I'm kind of curious whether the same non-show characters will show up in both Cyberverse and the main line, or if they'll be independent of each other. (I guess judging by the DOTM lines, it's the latter?)

#17 Chip

Chip

The light which smashes lies!

• Citizen
  • 6320 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm liking this Optimus a lot more than the First Edition mold. More solid, more technogreeblie stuff going on with the chest windows, and the airfoil actually transforms into his shoulders like it's meant to.

I've now cancelled my preorder for the First Edition voyagers, which means I have no idea how I'm going to find Bulkhead. Surely he'll get some kind of real release.

Edited by Chip, 19 January 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#18 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 24284 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Sup dawg, we heard you like trailers.

QUOTE(orionpax44 @ Jun 24 2012, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Childrens toys? whaa the boxes seriously say ages 5+ I consider myself the plus.
QUOTE(mx-01 archon @ Sep 9 2012, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're talking to ▲ndrusi. Assume everything that he posts is snark.

#19 Robogeek1973

Robogeek1973
  • Retired Staff
  • 15365 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Wow, pretty cool looking Prime stuff coming up in the near future. I'd be happier about it but right now I can't get over the irritation of not having the First edition Voyagers or Cliffjumper yet. *sigh*

#20 Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus
  • Citizen
  • 5788 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(Paladin @ Jan 19 2012, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voyager Optimus doesn't look all that different to me. Just some new weapons and a sword that probably won't bend in half if you breathe on it.

Looks like he's going to have some light-based gimmik like with that voyager Starscream we saw and the Cyberverse Commanders.

Personally the new voyager Prime looks a bit too.. naked and not show accurate enough for my tastes.
I might get him eventually, but it will depend on how many Megatrons they make.