Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 12:48 AM)

I see, so what the world needs is a Tommy Wiseau streaming service.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 11:02 PM)

Well, Conan did start the trend that resulted in a wave of Barbarian films in the mid to late 80s

@  MEDdMI : (17 June 2019 - 10:57 PM)

I keep wanting to read Corman as Conan

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:29 PM)

There needs to be some streaming service that caters to connoisseurs of schlock. Otherwise, a huge part of our cultural history will be wiped away. While many of these films are available on blu-ray, with more coming out each month, it's good they're also available for the streaming crowd.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anime thread: All Year Every Year

4921 replies to this topic

#4781 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11112 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Has it started yet? It hadn't as of last week (I'm still setting up my list of shows to follow this cour).

#4782 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

Officially done with "Maid-Sama!". The manga was still ongoing when the anime was being made, and so the series had to end on a cliff-hanger with the main love triangle introduced near the end not being settled. 

They're only doling out one episode of "Log Horizon" a week despite how long it is, but it's two episodes of "Hidamari Sketch" each week so hopefully they'll go onto the later seasons as well at that pace. 

But yeah... "Maid-Sama!", "Say I Love You", "Wolf Girl & Black Prince"... is someone at Anime Network just pushing teen romance series about dysfunctional couples, or are they having odd luck with what broadcast rights they're getting? 

#4783 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22082 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

But yeah... "Maid-Sama!", "Say I Love You", "Wolf Girl & Black Prince"... is someone at Anime Network just pushing teen romance series about dysfunctional couples, or are they having odd luck with what broadcast rights they're getting?

Looking on their Wikipedia pages, all three of those are (were?) licensed by Sentai Filmworks.

#4784 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3143 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

Re-watched One Punchman season 1 the other day, the eps do feel longer than they are and its entertaining but I do feel it kind of lacks a central villian who hasn't encountered the main character, yet as all of the villians in the show do not last very long before they get wiped out thou I kind of hope, the last villian of the season could surive to one day come back and challange the hero once more after they did some training but then I do think when they began making the anime, they were rather a head of themselves which is why its only 12 eps long compared to other shogan series that quickly gain trackion but then its likely hard to produce a filler arc for a show about a hero who beats every foe with a single punch.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4785 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1603 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:29 PM

Has it started yet? It hadn't as of last week (I'm still setting up my list of shows to follow this cour).

Started this week.

All shoujo romance (and therefore most anime romance) is dysfunctional. No exceptions.

Edited by fourteenwings, 18 January 2019 - 11:29 PM.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#4786 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28289 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

Maid-sama.

Can you keep my cigarette?

#4787 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1603 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

Watched the first episode of Kemono Friends 2. The pacing is way different, faster, but that might not be a bad thing.

It looks way prettier too, which is good.

#4788 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

This is two weeks now that Anime Network on Demand hasn't had a new series up. 

They've upped "Log Horizon" to two new eps a week instead of just one, but no new series. 

Guess they're waiting for "Maid-Sama" to go ahead and expire before putting up anything new. 

#4789 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8965 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Spilling over the Vic Mignogna talk here since he's affecting more than just Dragon Ball.

So due to this controversy He's been dumped from RWBY, lost most of his convention gigs, and I'm starting to wonder further work from Funimation. Rise of the Shield Hero is taking an awfully long time to come through Funi's service. I'm beginning to wonder if he was originally cast before the controversy hit it's stride and am now scrambling to recast now? That's only Speculation but Vic's latest Funi role besides Broly was as a demon in Reincarnated as a Slime which his last appearance dates just before this started getting steam.

#4790 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3143 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

At the moment, I'm watching just two new series from this season, the first is: Dororo, its a dark feel to it, the story of a man who spent his whole life under a curse due to his father's greed, the curse took a great deal from him as a baby, a new born to be exact, his father made a deal with a bunch of demons and as a result his first born son was cursed, the curses should of killed him but he lived, yet he had no sight as we see things, no hearing, no sense of touch, no arms, no legs, no skin either, yet somehow he lived, the main story takes place years later with the character roaming the land and killing demons, he can see what one of the other characters call the soul of living things!

The other series is Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, another take on the magical girl gene, the big bad as such has been defeated and a couple of years later, Asuka is trying to be a normal school girl but because one form of evil has been defeated, doesn't mean the evil of humanty has been quesh! Asuka has a bit of PTSD from the events of the past, she was the leader of the team, there are four others, one of whom was the team healer and has the code name of War Nurse, she seems like a very kind and gentle girl. There's two characters who aren't magical girls and their Asuka's friends & class mates, one gets involved in a terrorist attack and its left her turmatised.

#4791 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1165 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

Spilling over the Vic Mignogna talk here since he's affecting more than just Dragon Ball.

So due to this controversy He's been dumped from RWBY, lost most of his convention gigs, and I'm starting to wonder further work from Funimation. Rise of the Shield Hero is taking an awfully long time to come through Funi's service. I'm beginning to wonder if he was originally cast before the controversy hit it's stride and am now scrambling to recast now? That's only Speculation but Vic's latest Funi role besides Broly was as a demon in Reincarnated as a Slime which his last appearance dates just before this started getting steam.

CR is actually in charge of the dub of Shield Bro and Mob Psycho 100, I think it is Bang Zoom doing it.  Funi just still has partnership stuff for this season with them, and I think it is done after that. 

In fact, CR premiered the dub of the first episode of Shield Bro a few months ago, but the delay was not announced until right before the series started airing, so as far as I know right now, there is no concrete information.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#4792 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25127 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

I watched the first four of Shield Bro as subs and holy crap I've never had my blood pressure spiked so hard. Rage inducing, i tell you
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#4793 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11112 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:42 PM

I'm watching too many shows this season.

Dororo, The Promised Neverland, Kemurikusa, My Roommate is a Cat, Girly Air Force, The Magnificent Kotobuki, Special Ops Asuka, and The Price of Smiles.

That's in addition to new seasons of Kemono Friends, 3D Kanojo, The Morose Mononokean, and the ongoing adventures of a Slime.

#4794 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28289 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

*Sees there's a new Gridman anthology coming out.

Previews highlight stories about giant Rikka and giant Akane.*

...Well someone noticed what half the show's Pixiv results are.

#4795 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1603 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:37 AM

The main thing I've learned from doing extensive searches is that this ran in the magazine that runs Hidan no Aria AA, Taboo Tattoo and... Non-Non Biyori?

Edited by fourteenwings, 07 February 2019 - 09:37 AM.

#4796 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

Question - 

https://en.wikipedia...isodes#Specials

The first run of "Hidamari Sketch" had a series of three specials, that is two full episodes and a preview for the next season. 

Anime On Demand has chosen to bypass these specials (unlike what they did with Maid-Sama, where they aired the omake once the main show was over) and go straight to the second season. Thing is, iTunes doesn't have them either. 

Does anyone know if the physical DVD releases had them? 

Thanks. 

Also, they've added Ultrawarumeno (sp?) to the mix as well. 

#4797 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22082 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

This description claims the DVD set had the bonus episodes.

#4798 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1603 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

I think one of the (many) reasons English BD/DVD releases wait so long is so they can bundle in the extra episodes too.

Of course thanks to Netflix (which really could just upload them anyways) we'll never see Official English subtitled High School AU Children of the Whales.

#4799 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19290 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

Also, they've added Ultrawarumeno (sp?) to the mix as well. 

Utawarerumono is an interesting series, mostly about diplomacy and territorial conquest in a pseudo-feudal Japanese setting, but it kinda goes off the deep end for its finale.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 08 February 2019 - 08:32 PM.

#4800 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3143 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

Just watched the latest ep of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, it was a funny ep and a bit sweet as well, seeing Naruto spend time with his daughter instead of being sat in the Hokage office all of the time, obviously a filler ep but it was kind of sweet seeing Naruto's daughter given some spotlight as she rarely gets much time on screen.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users