Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 July 2019 - 01:33 PM)

So, welcome to all retail, everywhere.

@  Nevermore : (15 July 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Oh, and Greenpeace also conducted a protest at a German Amazon facility, to protest against Amazon's practice of throwing customer returns in the trash.

@  Nevermore : (15 July 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Right, because with Amazon, it's just the employees that have to step in dog shit while having no space to breathe.[/slightexaggeration]

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 July 2019 - 01:03 PM)

At least I can use Amazon without losing the ability to breath or step in dog shit.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 July 2019 - 12:58 PM)

Considering that Amazon is the new Walmart...

@  Nevermore : (15 July 2019 - 12:39 PM)

All of my best wishes go out to the brave women and men who have the balls (and ovaries) to go on strike at an Amazon facility in the US.

@  Nevermore : (15 July 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Speaking of. Not only are we in Germany on strike today, but so is the fulfillment center in Shakopee, Minnesota!

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 July 2019 - 12:36 PM)

Overnight delivery is the right of all sentient beings.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 July 2019 - 12:34 PM)

(and is it sexist of me to assume that a character named "Amazon Prime" would be feminine?)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 July 2019 - 12:34 PM)

Whenever she was summoned, she would arrive the next day?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (15 July 2019 - 12:32 PM)

The Scioli and Barber TF vs Joe series mentioned an Amazon Prime.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 July 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Meanwhile I'm wondering why no one's come up with a fan character named "Amazon Prime". I mean, today IS her special day...

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 July 2019 - 11:20 AM)

The Wallet-Eater.

@  unluckiness : (15 July 2019 - 08:44 AM)

Woah. Unicron broke the site.

@  MEDdMI : (14 July 2019 - 10:08 PM)

Is that what kids are calling it these days?

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2019 - 07:33 PM)

Ssshh, you'll get us both "dealt with".

@  RichardT1977 : (14 July 2019 - 07:28 PM)

No, but I did *read* it from you...

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2019 - 03:06 PM)

The first real long-term space outposts belong to the Illuminati, but you didn't hear that from me.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 July 2019 - 02:50 PM)

Er, in SF I mean.

@  RichardT1977 : (14 July 2019 - 02:50 PM)

Yeah, the first long-term manned space outposts have traditionally been mining colonies and the like.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2019 - 12:19 PM)

Okay, but......do they have to be willing to be sent up?

@  Rycochet : (14 July 2019 - 11:10 AM)

A king isn't a king without subjects.

@  Rycochet : (14 July 2019 - 11:09 AM)

The rich will never flee to space until there's enough an underclass up there so they have someone to do all the jobs they won't. Same reason seasteading never takes off.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2019 - 10:45 AM)

Do we have to let them come back?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 July 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Well, it's only going to be the ultra-rich who are able to go for the first couple decades at least, so I doubt anyone's going to care much

@  Nevermore : (14 July 2019 - 10:32 AM)

They could be standing on the surface of the moon, insist they're in the middle of a giant set, and take off their helmet to "prove" it.

@  Nevermore : (14 July 2019 - 10:31 AM)

Assuming these are genuinely convinced conspiracy morons and not just internet trolls, I would assume "not a lot".

@  Nevermore : (14 July 2019 - 10:31 AM)

I wonder how all these recent private and international space travel programs are going to affect those craziacs who insist that the Earth is flat/the moon landing was forged/outer space isn't real etc.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2019 - 09:34 AM)

Well... rory WOULD love a trebuchet...

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 July 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Trebuchets never go out of style.

@  unluckiness : (14 July 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Have you considered a trapdoor spike pit?

@  unluckiness : (14 July 2019 - 09:17 AM)

It's not the worst gift but not evryone may want one given rising fuel prices.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 July 2019 - 08:22 AM)

Is a fire pit too literal for a house warming gift?

@  Noideaforaname : (14 July 2019 - 07:43 AM)

Welp, just realized everyone's been talking about Halle BAILEY this week, not BERRY. (so that's why i haven't been seeing CatFishWoman memes...)

@  MEDdMI : (14 July 2019 - 07:08 AM)

Oh, sounds like fun.I wonder if I have a decent mic lying around.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (13 July 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Casting call for TF Roll Out Shorts! https://www.behindth...y/casting-call/

@  Kalidor : (13 July 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Talking about the show in chat is absolutely fine - posting spoilers on anything that's current season isn't tho

@  Arazyr : (13 July 2019 - 07:05 AM)

Yeah, I'm a season or so behind, so I would definitely appreciate no spoilers. 8^)

@  Sabrblade : (12 July 2019 - 10:21 PM)

Still, though, yeah, we do have a thread for the show. Best to use it.

@  Sabrblade : (12 July 2019 - 10:20 PM)

I think Nevermore once said he was a few episodes behind, so I don't think he's talking about tonight's new episode.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (12 July 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Yeah, you realize we have a designated thread for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., right?

@  MEDdMI : (12 July 2019 - 09:35 PM)

Not that I care about the show, but I'd be pretty annoyed about spoilers there. Please post it in a thread.

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 06:05 PM)

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. The opening of the episode was a deliberate play with clichés, but unfortunately, the rest of the episode that's played straight is also riddled with them...

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:45 PM)

Also, why are they so pissed that Deke built a start-up company? What would they have preferred - him continuing being a freeloader?

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:44 PM)

But now everyone keeps picking up the idiot ball. Geez.

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:43 PM)

That's what I always loved about the show - creative ways to play with tropes and subvert them by making the characters smarter than your typical fictional character doofus.

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:43 PM)

Why is everyone suddenly genre-blind?

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Wasn't it just last season when Mack was so super-genre-savvy that he insisted on NOT SPLITTING UP?

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:42 PM)

And again, too many characters acting like idiots.

@  Nevermore : (12 July 2019 - 05:41 PM)

Seriously, Agents of SHIELD? Now you're straight ripping off "Alien"?

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anime thread: All Year Every Year

4959 replies to this topic

#4761 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:17 PM

Slowly working my way through "Maid-Sama" and "Say I Love You" via my cable company's "On Demand" service. X number of new episodes appear a week, and after a while the same number are pulled off. 

#4762 alinaRodriguez

alinaRodriguez
  • Protoform
  • 1 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:16 AM

I just loved "A place further than the Universe"  which is a story about 4 teenagers who desperately wanna leave their home for some adventure. In addition to that, I loved season 4 of Tokyo Ghoul. Like always, the story has gotten even better than before. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't watched it yet

Just bought kaneki mask from tokyo ghoul shop for new years event!

#4763 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

Right Stuf just confirmed that my order for the Zillion boxed set went through. 

Someone got me a pre-paid debit card as an early Christmas present and so I decided to splurge, only to discover the hard way that they had decided to be "helpful" by registering the card themselves (this is the first pre-paid card I've encountered that had to be registered in advance) and thus accidentally put the card in their own name. Cue me having to make some phone calls to get the mess sorted out. 

So in about a week or three I'll be looking at some retro. 

#4764 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3209 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:34 PM

Just been watching an anime movie called: Blame!

Set in the distant future humans are on the verge of dying out thanks to a malfunctioning city and there is only one known major safe spot, the story is not about how humans lost control, its about hope, it begins with a group of teens borrowing these suits that make it harder for the machines to detect them and they are simply out to find food when their attacked, the machines show no mercy but then a mysterious man named Killy appears before them and helps them out, his origins, him simply says he is from level 6000 and nothing else, he doesn't talk a lot nor does he smile.

Not a bad movie, its a bleak future setting but no real bad guys as such in this film beyond something that appears towards the end but as I said, its a story of hope for the surival of humanty!

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4765 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8988 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

A tad disappointed in the abrupt end of Bunny Girl Senpai. While most of the characters arcs are pretty much fulfilled there are still questions over the one girl who appeared in the last episode again. Was she real? A figment of his imagination, what about the younger version? She seemed to interact with Kaeade too. And was hoping to see Mai open up just a bit more but where we left off still fits her character.

#4766 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1665 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:15 AM

Presumably the upcoming movie will focus on her arcs? (no time-frame worries, it's already been dated for early 2019)

The LNs are still ongoing, so even the movie probably won't answer everything there is to answer.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#4767 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8988 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

Ah hadn't heard of the movie. Whether I'll ever get to see it or not I guess depends on if anyone licensees it stateside. I found it curious that Funi didn't try dubbing it immediately and still aired it Subbed. Possibly a ramification of the Crunchyroll break up or perhaps just had too many others going beyond their ability to keep up with currentlyOr maybe it's a situation like SAO and they aren't they ones responsible for the dub yet still get to air it on their platform as is.

#4768 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1665 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

It's licensed by Aniplex, which makes sense because it's by an A-1 sub-studio (CloverWorks). SAO is A-1 directly, for example.

The dub will probably be out in like... due time. Not too soon I'd wager. Plus the English physical releases will probably cost all the money.

On the bright side, they'll probably do theatrical screenings of the movie in North America (and maybe other places) in Q3/4 of 2019.

#4769 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22249 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

Hmm.

#4770 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1665 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:30 AM

Bad news for everybody waiting on the Seishun Buta Yarou movie; the JP release was confirmed for Summer 2019.

That means screenings outside Japan will probably only happen in Q1 2020.

#4771 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1665 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Fall 2018 Retrospective

SSSS.GRIDMAN - Can you even imagine this fall without Special Signature to Save a Soul? Goodness sakes, TRIGGER. I haven't been impressed with your work since Kiznaiver. In fact, I specifically want to not like TRIGGER works because they're so presumed to be good (FRANXX notwithstanding) that it's just obnoxious.

However, this show had everything. Not just the amazing plot and unique characters that'll stand out in my mind for years to come, but the pacing. Goodness that pacing, it was amazing, quiet, thoughtful and knew just when to blow up.

Ken En Ken - Aoki Kagayaki - I love when a DEEN anime pulls through, because I love DEEN and their love of taking the most obscure jobs. This sequel to a Chinese PC game actually managed to lay out an interesting cast of characters in a world that might not have been full in terms of activity and structure, but was practically wowing in terms of interpersonal relationships.

Plus, we finally have a waterboarding anime. You really never know what you needed until anime gives it to you.

Akanesasu Shoujo - Already talked about it here. To recap: not a fan.

Edited by fourteenwings, 04 January 2019 - 04:40 AM.

#4772 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28366 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

The Love Live movie trailers have Yoshiko VERY passionate about Italy.

Given she's the UK ambassador, are they course correcting her?

#4773 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

Anime Network's been putting up more shows on Spectrum's "Anime Network On Demand". 

To recap, I'm almost done with "Maid-Sama!" because of this, and I'm chipping away at "Hidamari Sketch" & "Say I Love You". 

They just put up "Log Horizon", so I'll be checking it out tonight. 

#4774 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25152 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

A show about lumberjacks?
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#4775 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8988 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

Nope it’s Sword Art Online lite. Less die in the game die for real and more oh hell we gotta make this our lives on every way possible as it is reality. It gets a bit more Economical and has them starting food stands to buy up the player housing, diplomacy with the neighboring NPC kingdom who are now just as real and making sure the higher level guilds aren’t taking advantage of newbies.

It also has the most dashing Catman ever.

#4776 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3209 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

Watched a bunch of animes resently from Netflix:

Aldnoah.Zero (intersting in some ways thou the setting is kind of odd with little to explain the background to the story, the early parts of it, feels like it takes cues from Gundam Seed)

Vampire Knight (honestly, its a desent show thou I feel the title could really be Vampire High, but its not without its problems, a large chunk of the cast are undeveloped and the show relies heavily on the love Triangle between the three main characters)

Currently watching: Children of Whales (feels like it was meant for more but time restaints and crummy story telling hinder this one from what I can tell. It very similar to a movie, Water World but instead of water, its sand, massive desert sea and the bad guys motivation seems to be merely kill a bunch of innosant people because their ancesstors did something different to them and didn't give up emotions!)

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4777 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1665 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:00 AM

I thought Children of the Whales was a beautiful, poignant show about people dealing with living in an isolated community. The characters always really resonated with me and the animation really went above and beyond at times.

#4778 Daith

Daith

• Supporter
  • 8988 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

Voting for the Crunchyroll Anime Awards is live. Thankfully it's not a sweeping My Hero love fest this year, though it did get in a few categories it really shouldn't have been in. However it does seem like 2 or 3 shows did dominate the categories again this year.

And two for best Antagonist are a tad puzzling. One despite liking her character just doesn't seem to fit the role, and the other both fits and yet should be in the opposite category as well.

But the hardest struggle for me was the best Dub VA. I wanted to give it to four of the six but I ended up giving it to.

Spoiler

#4779 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Alrighty...

The anime version of Maid-Sama! had 26 episodes and a 12-minute omake that was originally direct-to-video. 

Last week, the "On Demand" bit uploaded the final two episodes of the main series. 

This week, they uploaded the omake. 

...But instead of including the omake in the listings for the main series, it got its own entry in the "On Demand" screen. Oof. 

But yeah - if you have digital cable through Spectrum, you've likely got a massive catalog of "On Demand" at your disposal. 

*Anime Network on Demand updates at 12:01 AM local Thursday mornings, and they've got a dozen or so shows going at any given moment. However, you've only got a few weeks to watch each episode of each show before it gets pulled. 

*Disney XD on Demand has Pokemon, Beyblade, and Yo-Kai Watch.

For Pokemon, new episodes of Sun & Moon go live at 12:01 AM local Saturdays most weeks, meaning you can usually watch it On Demand before it's supposed to debut on TV. They also have the entire archive of Pokemon episodes barring that one season of side-stories and the "banned" episodes, but Diamond & Pearl is having issues because some of the early digital effects aren't displaying properly in high-definition. 

For Beyblade, at one point they had the entire Metal series from a decade back in addition to the new shows. 

*Kabillion on Demand is supposed to have episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds, but every time I try to cue one up I get the first episode of Diamond & Pearl instead. I may need to contact the cable company about that. 

*Adult Swim on Demand has a mix of current and classic Toonami anime, including Outlaw Star, Gundam Unicorn, Iron-Blooded Orphans, and Attack on Titan, although for some of those older shows they're about to get pulled due to expiration. 

Edited by Fortress Ironhold, 17 January 2019 - 02:06 PM.

#4780 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1665 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:03 AM

I love streaming because you're always halfway into something 100 episodes long when they announce it's going to be gone in a month.

Anybody started Kemono Friends 2 yet?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users