Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anime thread: All Year Every Year

4995 replies to this topic

#21 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Zero no Tsukaima F

Ugh....Originally I really liked the show, don't know if I can stomach yet another season now. I guess I want to see how the characters end up, but Louise has always grated on me really bad, and the fanservice just went totally overboard last time to the point where it became hard to watch because why plot when crappy abuse and fanservice will sufice?

#22 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

It's the final season, if that helps?

PM me if you're bored!

#23 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 11 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guilty Crown is...interesting. It's got sci-fi super-high production values and some wonderful animation, but the setting is a bit simplistic and it suffers from "everybody is better than the main character who is a bit of a joke" syndrome.

Generally people want it to improve.

Honestly, if it was just about the rebellion fighting the evil empire, I think it'd be a much better show.

The main character just kills it.

Though it is very nice looking.
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#24 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2262 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(Maxx Blast @ Jan 12 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 11 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guilty Crown is...interesting. It's got sci-fi super-high production values and some wonderful animation, but the setting is a bit simplistic and it suffers from "everybody is better than the main character who is a bit of a joke" syndrome.

Generally people want it to improve.

Honestly, if it was just about the rebellion fighting the evil empire, I think it'd be a much better show.

The main character just kills it.

Though it is very nice looking.

I don't have a problem with the main character at the moment. As long as he grows pass the wuss phase soon...assuming there are more episodes. Today's new episode really felt like a finale. Maybe it's just a season finale, but I can't help but wonder if it's over.

If it's over, I'll probably pick up one of these new shows.

Edited by Blade Raider, 12 January 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#25 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Looks like there's actually multiple code Geass productions, an OVA, a movie, and... a stage play.

PM me if you're bored!

#26 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

I've been trying to give some of the new shows a chance over the last couple days.

So far the Symphogear one is fairly interesting, Mouretsu Pirates seems like it's going to be fun, Papa no Iukoto looks more entertaining than the manga, and I've only half watched Rinne no Lagrange.

Something about Rinne no Lagrange is driving me batty though. Madoka's in a jersey club, where she helps out other clubs.... and I've seen this idea in some other anime or manga over the years, but can't remember it or find it online. I remember had several members, and may have been called something like the do anything club. They wore tracksuits as well, and it seems like at some point some alumni members came to help the current members out of a jam. This is going to drive me nuts until I remember it. Anyone got any ideas?

#27 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

Sket Dance?

PM me if you're bored!

#28 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5239 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 12 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like there's actually multiple code Geass productions, an OVA, a movie, and... a stage play.

Yes indeed, two OVAs which I'm very happy there's finally news about Akito the Exiled, there was nothing about it for so long.

And Nunnally in Wonderland which will probably be very silly and funny.

And a photo story that will run in run in both Hobby Japan and Newtype Ace, the Hobby Japan project will be a photo story about a terrorist youth who wants revenge against the death of his lover and the Newtype Ace project is a manga about a member of the anti-terror knight force that has to hunt him down, the KMFs in both stories will be released under the Robot Damashii line. And it's name is "Soubou no Oz" or "Oz The Reflection".

And a stage play and a musical.

#29 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 13 2012, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sket Dance?

No, I checked and I definitely haven't read that one. Same concept though. Seems like while the protragonist guy was a member of the helping club, but the story wasn't about the club itself. I seem to remember a scene where someone like the student council president sees the protagonist in his jersey with a girl he likes and is jealous... Likely setting off the scene that ended up with the alumni helping out... This is going to continue bothering me.

#30 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

The latest ep of Pirates was pretty good. They have 26 episodes to work with so easing us into the world is best. Also loved the little bit of Pirate philosophy from Marika's mother.

PM me if you're bored!

#31 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Some of the recent anime show titles are just simply... hilariously misleading. Giant Killing, is for example, not an anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but a show about football (soccer, well, soccer IS football). Black Lagoon has nothing to do with the nominal creature that you'd expect, but is about pirates... But my biggest surprise was when I checked out the show called "You're Being Summoned Azazel-san!" -they have done the unthinkable, turning the classic arch-demons of hell into pokemon-like chibi creatures that help a detective/summoner solve petty cases. icon-fire.gif

#32 Frost181

Frost181

Adorable and also on fire

• Citizen
  • 3937 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the recent anime show titles are just simply... hilariously misleading. Giant Killing, is for example, not an anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but a show about football (soccer, well, soccer IS football). Black Lagoon has nothing to do with the nominal creature that you'd expect, but is about pirates... But my biggest surprise was when I checked out the show called "You're Being Summoned Azazel-san!" -they have done the unthinkable, turning the classic arch-demons of hell into pokemon-like chibi creatures that help a detective/summoner solve petty cases. icon-fire.gif

but do they have at least 3 girls in mini skirts?

#33 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3270 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Daily Lives of High School Boys seems pretty great, if they keep up the quality. It's like a more grounded (but not saner) Nichijou with guys.

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 15 2012, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the recent anime show titles are just simply... hilariously misleading. Giant Killing, is for example, not an anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but a show about football (soccer, well, soccer IS football).

Seems pretty straightforward to me - even as someone who doesn't care about football, I'm familiar with the term "giant killer" for a "worse" team that beats the big teams.
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#34 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 1010 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

ANy more Infinite Stratos this year?

Liked that last year when it got mentioned here.

X

#35 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just an OVA that came out a while ago.

Second ep of Rinne was pretty great.

PM me if you're bored!

#36 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

I wonder how long until we get some Rinne Mecha toys

#37 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

I never heard of the term, then again the last time I played football was maybe 10 years ago...

QUOTE(Frost181 @ Jan 15 2012, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but do they have at least 3 girls in mini skirts?

Oddly, no. icon-hotrod.gif
Also, Baalzebub is a chibi penguin with fly wings who has a fetish for, well, excrement.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 16 January 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#38 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Well Demons are supposed to be disgusting.

PM me if you're bored!

#39 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9069 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

For the most part wake me when the Geass OAV's are released. I'll be back in my old school days watching Record of Lodoss War.

#40 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4550 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Two eps into Rinne no Lagrange and I like it so far. I've always been fond of the sort of wish-fulfillment "normal kid thrown into giant robot war is actually special and the only one that can pilot this robot and also they're super awesome at it right from the start" plot, and it helps when I like said normal kid character. The op and ed songs are nice, but nothing catchy.

Kill Me Baby, on the other hand, has a moderately catchy opening and a super catchy ending. The show itself is pretty funny too, and I adore Yasuna's actress. She sounds really familiar, but I don't think I've watched anything else she's been in. I wish I could find the name of the lady doing the time/scene change voiceovers, because she also sounds super familiar.

I've also watched the first two eps of Ano Natsu de Matteru. I like it well enough to watch some more, but it really just feels like Onegai Teacher with slightly changed character settings (no surprise then that it's written and designed by the same dudes that made Onegai Teacher/Twins. Ran out of ideas, I guess).

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users