Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Pennpenn : (21 March 2019 - 02:16 AM)

To be honest they did ignore big chunks of the stuff from the movie. Also never had the balls to portray Jesus as a rogue Goa'uld (yeah yeah I know shut up).

@  Echowarrior : (20 March 2019 - 08:57 PM)

The original Stargate movie was okay for what it was. SG1 was a decent show that probably lasted too long. Atlantis was a decent show that could've lasted a little longer. Universe...gah. There were exactly two characters on that show that I liked, and neither was enough to help it in my mind.

@  Xellos : (20 March 2019 - 04:05 PM)

I got into SG1 right as season 8 ended. The Stargates were the last shows that I would make sure to watch every week. Since Universe ended, I really have not been addicted to any live action series.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 March 2019 - 03:12 PM)

The concept of the film had enormous potential, and the rest was literally writers one upping each other when they didn't know if they were going to get renewed.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 March 2019 - 02:40 PM)

Haven't got as far as Universe yet, but I finished SG-1 on Prime last week and I'm part of the way through Atlantis, now. Amazing how long it went on, just based off a single film

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 March 2019 - 02:36 PM)

Teal'c PI never happened but Teengate did.

@  Cybersnark : (20 March 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Indeed.

@  wonko the sane? : (20 March 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Yeah, SG1 is fairly and uniformely good throught out it's entire run. Atlantis isn't quite as good, but has quite a few good episodes, and universe wasn't a bad take on the more dramatic and outlandish aspects of the universe.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 March 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Man, I should've watched the Stargate TV shows years ago; they're a lot better than I ever expected

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 March 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Well, if the merchant benefited from it there's no harm, I guess. Some people just aren't comfortable dealing with foreign currencies; although admittedly those usually aren't the types who'll go to a place like Estonia.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:51 PM)

I gather this was an ad hoc sale with no machine around. Or the U.S.-Americans in this story were so entitled they didn't bother getting any euros for their trip. One hears about the latter phenomenon often enough.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 March 2019 - 05:46 PM)

Easier to just use a credit card with no foreign currency conversion fee. There are plenty to choose from in the US

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:40 PM)

Joke's on them because the USD-EUR exchange rate gave him a lot more.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 March 2019 - 05:39 PM)

Just read an anecdote on Facebook from an Estonian guy who once accepted U.S. dollars on par from some 'Mericans who didn't change their currency when traveling to another country.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 March 2019 - 11:14 AM)

Try their TF/GIJoe comic. I dare you. (I'm sorry in advance.)

@  Fnu Aw : (19 March 2019 - 10:41 AM)

My first reaction reading Dreamwave was "What am I stupid or something?" It can be hard to follow what's happening at times.

@  Paladin : (19 March 2019 - 07:52 AM)

but enough about *INSERT LEAST FAVORITE WEBCOMIC HERE*

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 March 2019 - 06:15 AM)

He draws about as well as he runs a business.

@  Nevermore : (19 March 2019 - 06:01 AM)

But... but... it has artwork by Superstar Extraordinaire Paticus Funana Lee!

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:36 AM)

The second one,has a lot more interesting idea (A unified post war Cybertron, people viewing Optimus differently now the wars over), but in practice it's a disjointed mess.

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:34 AM)

I'd say the first volume is the most Meh Transformers comic I've ever read. Reading it I felt like I was skipping a bunch of pages.

@  Trpodeca : (19 March 2019 - 03:32 AM)

You know I've been reading Dreamwave's comics and its not very good.

@  lastmaximal : (18 March 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Basics we can afford to take for granted. So let's cool it.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 06:07 PM)

Learning what exactly?

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 03:42 PM)

Don't be mean. The kid is learning.

@  KidTDragon : (18 March 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Tucker has to have his threads approved before they'll post now? That's hilarious.

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 01:19 PM)

Tucker, it is the same thread that you already posted. I am not approving that. As we have discussed you need to submit different content.

@  Kayla Kaon : (18 March 2019 - 01:18 PM)

We will look at it Tucker.

@  Pennpenn : (18 March 2019 - 08:28 AM)

[Replace adjectives as needed]

@  wonko the sane? : (18 March 2019 - 08:28 AM)

an unhealthy volume of paranoia seems to accompany most hatemongers.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 08:12 AM)

"Them" being alien reptiloid Muslim Zionist Atheist Sanatist Communist pedophile feminazis. Or something.

@  Nevermore : (18 March 2019 - 08:11 AM)

His views are "They're coming for us!"

@  unluckiness : (18 March 2019 - 12:59 AM)

I don't think even he knows his own views, frankly. What with blaming Spyro and having the Navy Seal copypasta in his so-called manifesto

@  Pennpenn : (17 March 2019 - 09:27 PM)

Even in the general population there are those who share his views. Probably a significant crossover with the ones who blame Muslims for what happened.

@  Pennpenn : (17 March 2019 - 09:25 PM)

It wouldn't surprise (but still disgust) me if there was a part of the prison population who condone or even celebrate his actions.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 March 2019 - 07:45 PM)

TFcon is returning to Washington, D.C. this North American autumn 2019.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 March 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I bet he will have to be kept in solitary for the rest of his life for his own protection against other prisoners.

@  Nevermore : (17 March 2019 - 02:46 PM)

**** that asshole that killed 50 people in New Zealand.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 March 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Happy Street Atri's Day!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (17 March 2019 - 02:02 PM)

That works too. The burger example was just fresher in my mind from another site.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 March 2019 - 01:52 PM)

"Paddy" is short for "Patrick". But "Patty" is still short for "Patricia", right?

@  Kayla Kaon : (17 March 2019 - 01:38 PM)

My name is and I take offense to this

@  Locoman : (17 March 2019 - 01:26 PM)

MY NAME'S! NOT! RIIIIIIIIIIICK!

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 March 2019 - 10:15 AM)

Happy Saint Rick's Day!

@  MEDdMI : (17 March 2019 - 06:39 AM)

Whooo! I can get some cheap corned beef now!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:55 PM)

While I have no ties to Ireland, South or North, I have been reassured by many Irish people of the proper rendition.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:54 PM)

Paddy is the diminutive of Pádraig. Patty belongs on a burger.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:53 PM)

PSA to all: the abbreviated name is Paddy's Day or Saint Paddy's Day.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:42 PM)

Another round of U.S.-Americans throwing around Disneyfied Irish symbolism for the sake of getting smashed.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (16 March 2019 - 11:41 PM)

Hooray, it is Lá Fhéile Pádraig / Saint Patrick's Day once again.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anime thread: All Year Every Year

4839 replies to this topic

#21 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

HE TELL ME DRILL WILL PIERCE MUFFINS!

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Zero no Tsukaima F

Ugh....Originally I really liked the show, don't know if I can stomach yet another season now. I guess I want to see how the characters end up, but Louise has always grated on me really bad, and the fanservice just went totally overboard last time to the point where it became hard to watch because why plot when crappy abuse and fanservice will sufice?

#22 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

It's the final season, if that helps?

PM me if you're bored!

#23 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 11 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guilty Crown is...interesting. It's got sci-fi super-high production values and some wonderful animation, but the setting is a bit simplistic and it suffers from "everybody is better than the main character who is a bit of a joke" syndrome.

Generally people want it to improve.

Honestly, if it was just about the rebellion fighting the evil empire, I think it'd be a much better show.

The main character just kills it.

Though it is very nice looking.
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#24 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2217 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(Maxx Blast @ Jan 12 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 11 2012, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guilty Crown is...interesting. It's got sci-fi super-high production values and some wonderful animation, but the setting is a bit simplistic and it suffers from "everybody is better than the main character who is a bit of a joke" syndrome.

Generally people want it to improve.

Honestly, if it was just about the rebellion fighting the evil empire, I think it'd be a much better show.

The main character just kills it.

Though it is very nice looking.

I don't have a problem with the main character at the moment. As long as he grows pass the wuss phase soon...assuming there are more episodes. Today's new episode really felt like a finale. Maybe it's just a season finale, but I can't help but wonder if it's over.

If it's over, I'll probably pick up one of these new shows.

Edited by Blade Raider, 12 January 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#25 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Looks like there's actually multiple code Geass productions, an OVA, a movie, and... a stage play.

PM me if you're bored!

#26 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

I've been trying to give some of the new shows a chance over the last couple days.

So far the Symphogear one is fairly interesting, Mouretsu Pirates seems like it's going to be fun, Papa no Iukoto looks more entertaining than the manga, and I've only half watched Rinne no Lagrange.

Something about Rinne no Lagrange is driving me batty though. Madoka's in a jersey club, where she helps out other clubs.... and I've seen this idea in some other anime or manga over the years, but can't remember it or find it online. I remember had several members, and may have been called something like the do anything club. They wore tracksuits as well, and it seems like at some point some alumni members came to help the current members out of a jam. This is going to drive me nuts until I remember it. Anyone got any ideas?

#27 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

Sket Dance?

PM me if you're bored!

#28 Fenix Twilight

Fenix Twilight
  • Citizen
  • 5199 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 12 2012, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like there's actually multiple code Geass productions, an OVA, a movie, and... a stage play.

Yes indeed, two OVAs which I'm very happy there's finally news about Akito the Exiled, there was nothing about it for so long.

And Nunnally in Wonderland which will probably be very silly and funny.

And a photo story that will run in run in both Hobby Japan and Newtype Ace, the Hobby Japan project will be a photo story about a terrorist youth who wants revenge against the death of his lover and the Newtype Ace project is a manga about a member of the anti-terror knight force that has to hunt him down, the KMFs in both stories will be released under the Robot Damashii line. And it's name is "Soubou no Oz" or "Oz The Reflection".

And a stage play and a musical.

#29 crazyjw18

crazyjw18

• Citizen
  • 12236 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(Hora Hora @ Jan 13 2012, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sket Dance?

No, I checked and I definitely haven't read that one. Same concept though. Seems like while the protragonist guy was a member of the helping club, but the story wasn't about the club itself. I seem to remember a scene where someone like the student council president sees the protagonist in his jersey with a girl he likes and is jealous... Likely setting off the scene that ended up with the alumni helping out... This is going to continue bothering me.

#30 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

The latest ep of Pirates was pretty good. They have 26 episodes to work with so easing us into the world is best. Also loved the little bit of Pirate philosophy from Marika's mother.

PM me if you're bored!

#31 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Some of the recent anime show titles are just simply... hilariously misleading. Giant Killing, is for example, not an anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but a show about football (soccer, well, soccer IS football). Black Lagoon has nothing to do with the nominal creature that you'd expect, but is about pirates... But my biggest surprise was when I checked out the show called "You're Being Summoned Azazel-san!" -they have done the unthinkable, turning the classic arch-demons of hell into pokemon-like chibi creatures that help a detective/summoner solve petty cases. icon-fire.gif

#32 Frost181

Frost181

Adorable and also on fire

• Citizen
  • 3937 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the recent anime show titles are just simply... hilariously misleading. Giant Killing, is for example, not an anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but a show about football (soccer, well, soccer IS football). Black Lagoon has nothing to do with the nominal creature that you'd expect, but is about pirates... But my biggest surprise was when I checked out the show called "You're Being Summoned Azazel-san!" -they have done the unthinkable, turning the classic arch-demons of hell into pokemon-like chibi creatures that help a detective/summoner solve petty cases. icon-fire.gif

but do they have at least 3 girls in mini skirts?

#33 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3259 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Daily Lives of High School Boys seems pretty great, if they keep up the quality. It's like a more grounded (but not saner) Nichijou with guys.

QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 15 2012, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of the recent anime show titles are just simply... hilariously misleading. Giant Killing, is for example, not an anime version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but a show about football (soccer, well, soccer IS football).

Seems pretty straightforward to me - even as someone who doesn't care about football, I'm familiar with the term "giant killer" for a "worse" team that beats the big teams.
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#34 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 990 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

ANy more Infinite Stratos this year?

Liked that last year when it got mentioned here.

X

#35 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just an OVA that came out a while ago.

Second ep of Rinne was pretty great.

PM me if you're bored!

#36 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

I wonder how long until we get some Rinne Mecha toys

#37 (Deactivated) BB Shockwave

(Deactivated) BB Shockwave
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

I never heard of the term, then again the last time I played football was maybe 10 years ago...

QUOTE(Frost181 @ Jan 15 2012, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(BB Shockwave @ Jan 15 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but do they have at least 3 girls in mini skirts?

Oddly, no. icon-hotrod.gif
Also, Baalzebub is a chibi penguin with fly wings who has a fetish for, well, excrement.

Edited by BB Shockwave, 16 January 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#38 2019

Merciless.

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Well Demons are supposed to be disgusting.

PM me if you're bored!

#39 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8823 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

For the most part wake me when the Geass OAV's are released. I'll be back in my old school days watching Record of Lodoss War.

#40 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4515 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Two eps into Rinne no Lagrange and I like it so far. I've always been fond of the sort of wish-fulfillment "normal kid thrown into giant robot war is actually special and the only one that can pilot this robot and also they're super awesome at it right from the start" plot, and it helps when I like said normal kid character. The op and ed songs are nice, but nothing catchy.

Kill Me Baby, on the other hand, has a moderately catchy opening and a super catchy ending. The show itself is pretty funny too, and I adore Yasuna's actress. She sounds really familiar, but I don't think I've watched anything else she's been in. I wish I could find the name of the lady doing the time/scene change voiceovers, because she also sounds super familiar.

I've also watched the first two eps of Ano Natsu de Matteru. I like it well enough to watch some more, but it really just feels like Onegai Teacher with slightly changed character settings (no surprise then that it's written and designed by the same dudes that made Onegai Teacher/Twins. Ran out of ideas, I guess).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users