Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Sabrblade : (13 August 2020 - 10:31 PM)

Turns out the President set the whole thing up as a publicity stunt. Very rude.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 August 2020 - 08:11 PM)

The ninjas will go away, it will be fine.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 08:02 PM)

listen; i'm sure there were very fine ninjas on both sides.

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 August 2020 - 07:50 PM)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the ninjas.

@  Cybersnark : (13 August 2020 - 06:36 PM)

Can we just let them have him?

@  Bass X0 : (13 August 2020 - 06:18 PM)

The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:08 PM)

At first, I obviously thought I was correct.  Then I thought perhaps the spelling had changed for some reason.  Copyright/trademark law is weird, ya know?  Now I just accept I goofed. XD

@  Otaku : (13 August 2020 - 03:07 PM)

See, that one directly applies to me.  Apparently, I'd been misreading and mispronouncing it wrong for over 30 years... and I still slip and do it the wrong way much of the time.

@  Paladin : (13 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

for the Internet age its the "Berenstain" Effect.

@  Bass X0 : (12 August 2020 - 01:49 PM)

Can you root for what The Rock is cooking!?

@  -LittleAutob... : (12 August 2020 - 10:35 AM)

sOmEoNe NoTiCeD-

@  wonko the sane? : (12 August 2020 - 07:37 AM)

I am the only one rooting for the rock these days?

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 August 2020 - 12:37 AM)

Sour grapes for the next decade until Apophis hits.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:26 PM)

Thank yoo for vatching hydroolic pthress chan-nel.

@  Hg Dragon : (11 August 2020 - 11:19 PM)

Hey, do you have any grapes?

@  Otaku : (11 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

I dunno... it sounds kind of quackers to me.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 August 2020 - 05:17 PM)

That would be nice....

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 August 2020 - 04:36 PM)

I wish I could just sit by a pond and watch ducks for a while.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 August 2020 - 03:52 AM)

Others say Joe sat down at this pond next to these ducks but really there's just no place in this world for an old man and his ducks.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Even worse when I can produce those verifiable facts at a later point, and then the other person simply claims the argument was the other way round (as in, I was actually arguing their position and vice versa).

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM)

I can argue with people about my versus their memory of events when verifiable facts are not readily available, though, and I get really annoyed when I'm capable of presenting a precise, step-by-step summary with multiple key points that can be used for future verification, and the other person just goes "nope, wrong" without going into detail.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:45 PM)

I forget things, and I misremember things. But when presented with verifiable facts, my reaction is more like "Huh, could have sworn it was like that", not "this reality is not my own".

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 06:43 PM)

I have an extremely good memory (which I have proven time and again), and even I can be mistaken.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 August 2020 - 06:40 PM)

Might be worth pointing out that it only became "Mandela Effect" and not just "I remembered this wrong" when a conspiracy theorist insisted it was proof of alternate timelines.

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Incorrectly remembering Nelson Mandela's fate may be uniquely American... but is it really that strange to get South African political history wrong when you're no where near South Africa?

@  Otaku : (10 August 2020 - 06:29 PM)

I always assumed the Mandela Effect was a "human thing", not an American thing.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 August 2020 - 02:03 PM)

Then there are people who outright manufacture memories for whatever reason.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (10 August 2020 - 01:13 PM)

The human brain is so flaky that it is extremely unlikely that a given person does NOT have any false memories.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:05 PM)

Perhaps it's simple word association the movie Sinbad and then our minds apply the same memories to a man named Sinbad.

@  OverDrive73 : (10 August 2020 - 01:04 PM)

The Mandela Effect is the same as people remembering Sinbad in a movie where he played a genie... Of which he never did.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:36 AM)

People that believe Mandela Effect things would rather come up with any number of reasons as to why their version doesn't have any actual evidence(like alternate timelines collapsing into our own) than just admit they remembered something wrong

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Sort of. It's more that when presented with a verifiable fact, they double down because it's what they believe instead of changing their minds

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

"I could have sworn that ______."

@  ▲ndrusi : (10 August 2020 - 09:25 AM)

I'm not arguing with either of those two statements, but they're not really connected. Mandela Effect is, to oversimplify, people being widely mistaken about what they think *is* a verifiable fact. Nothing to do with opinions.

@  MidnightFox : (10 August 2020 - 08:52 AM)

Pretty sure the Mandela Effect in general is an American thing. Opinion > Verifiable Facts is sadly a pretty American thing

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:27 AM)

Ask these people how Apartheid ended according to their recollection, and I'm sure they'll draw a blank.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:25 AM)

You got two black anti-Apartheid activists who were imprisoned by the oppressive regime. One died, the other was Nelson Mandela. It's not a far stretch that Americans who don't know many details about the history of other countries would mix up the two.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:24 AM)

My own theory is that these people are simply mixing up Nelson Mandela and Steve Biko, another South African anti-Apartheid activist, who did indeed die in police custody in 1977. There was an Oscar-nominated movie about his life starring Denzel Washington that came out in 1987, the same time frame these people claim remembering Mandela dying.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:17 AM)

I met a few people from South Africa, and they either never heard of the phenomenon at all, or only know of it from the internet. Apparently, it's completely unknown in South Africa, and it might even be entirely limited to the United States.

@  Nevermore : (10 August 2020 - 04:16 AM)

So does anyone remember the "Mandela Effect"? I'm talking specifically about the original case where many people vividly remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 August 2020 - 03:16 AM)

Crisis of Corona.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anime thread: All Year Every Year

5148 replies to this topic

#1 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

So I figured that I'd make a topic for each Anime season instead of just one or two individual shows. Saves space. So I'll list what cool stuff is airing, continuing, etc and so forth. Of course, a LOT of anime airs every season, so I'll probably miss stuff, so don't hesitate to point out things I miss!

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 25 February 2019 - 09:03 AM.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#2 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys looks like it has Rod Stewart in the line up. might need to check it out

so far I will be watching
Kill Me Baby (That ED theme is so damn catchy its insane)
Senki Sessho Symphogear
Mouretsu Pirates
Rinne No Lagrange
Black Rock Shooter
Brave10
Another

While catching up on Persona 4 and Guilty Crown....so far behind.

#3 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

Feels good to have like five mecha-heavy shows in a season.

Of course mecha using the Japanese use tends towards anything heavily-involving mechanical design, so pirate starships and power armour count along as well. Still, Aquarion, gundam, rinne.

if you can see this, i apologize for the above tweet, i was young and stupid and had nothing of value to say. please support lgbtq rights and listen to women's voices. that's all that really matters now. the right is evil, and should be opposed. thanks.

#4 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:02 AM

I'm in for Nisemonogatari. I'll try out Lagrange. It sounds right up my alley.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#5 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

I'll definitely check out the Symphogear and Pirates.

Thanks for this thread, I'm a very light on my anime knowledge so finding new shows is always fairly difficult for me, so this is very informative.

Though I'm having such a good time with Stein's Gate I'm not sure anything will be able to capture me like that show for a while.
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#6 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

El Psy Congroo, my good man.

#7 DeadPigmon

DeadPigmon
  • Supporter
  • 12338 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(Internet Jesus @ Jan 11 2012, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

El Psy Congroo, my good man.

and Dr Pepper !

#8 Maxx Blast

Maxx Blast

Formerly Invincible.

• Citizen
  • 5318 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

I am mad scientist! It's so cool! Sunuvabitch!
Team Fortress 2 Weapons Found: 3 Axtinguishers, 2 Ambassadors, 2 Flare Gun, The Dead Ringer, Sandman, Ubersaw, Sandvich, Natascha

#9 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

And then everyone was Christina.

#10 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18052 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

I'm debating on the space pirates one, but the watchplate is kinda full with following Gokaiger and Fourze, and trying to finish Den-O on the side, and looking to start Slayers.

UnHImyv.png

#11 Liege

Liege

Deathsaurus Rising

• Supporter
  • 4901 posts
  • Location:Providence RI (Formerly Pittsburgh PA &amp; Wales UK)
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

Wasn't Panty and Stocking supposed to get a second season this year?
QUOTE(NightViper @ Aug 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Escargon @ Aug 1 2013, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Liege, you're words really have had an effect on me. It made me relise I've shouldn't care about what others think of me, I should only care about what I think of myself.

Liege is a small dude with a lot of wisdom.

Well one of those descriptive words is accurate I suppose!

3ds friend code: kyle 4141 2965 5460 pm me yours to add.

#12 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

pirates and Symphogear catch my eye, so I will give those a go eventually.

Any word on the Code Geass OAV/Spin-off/Sidequel?

Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#13 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Liege @ Jan 11 2012, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasn't Panty and Stocking supposed to get a second season this year?

If it is, nobody's heard about it.

#14 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27385 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Yikes. I need to hurry up and catch up on Suite.

And Heartcatch.

And Fresh.

Man, I've been a failure of a Pretty Cure fan for the past few years.

#15 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8252 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I saw a banner for Guilty Crown that caught my eye the other day, but Funimation had no links to a trailer or teaser. How is it?

Symphogear and Pirates sound interesting, anyone streaming those in the US yet?

#16 1stStageMidboss

1stStageMidboss
  • Citizen
  • 3276 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

The first episode of Bodacious Space Pirates was solid, but didn't really do anything. It feels like it has plenty of potential, though. Nothing else really leaps out at me apart from Aquarion EVOL, which I haven't started on yet (I've only just started watching the original after getting it on DVD for Christmas). I'll wait until we're 3 weeks or so into the season and see where things stand at that point.

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Jan 11 2012, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw a banner for Guilty Crown that caught my eye the other day, but Funimation had no links to a trailer or teaser. How is it?

Symphogear and Pirates sound interesting, anyone streaming those in the US yet?

Crunchyroll's streaming Pirates, dunno about Symphogear.
Twitter       Tumblr
Steam: Midboss
PSN: AWindfall

#17 Eva Sigma

Eva Sigma

Back to my old demonic ways

• Citizen
  • 29961 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

I already started pirates, will probably give Lagrange a try.

I hate Aquarion with a fiery passion, so that's never getting a try.
QUOTE(Contrary Mary @ Jul 10 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boobs count as accessories.

QUOTE(Dvandom @ Oct 26 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you are kaiju-sized, a shinkansen is not a sex toy.

---Dave
3DS Friend Code: 4613 9837 2957 (It's new! Re-add me! Give me your Friend Codes!)

#18 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11766 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Adding Pirates and Lagrange to my list, along with Guilty Crown, though it'll probably be 2013 by the time I get to them.

Hell, I'm only halfway through Gundam 00. Hell, I'm only halfway through Bubblegum Crisis 2040. icon-wildride.gif

#19 Cabal

Cabal
  • Citizen
  • 2060 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Definitely plan on giving Pirates a watch. Probably give Another and Lagrange a try. Although currently I'm working through some titles I skipped over in pass seasons like Nichijou.

#20 2019

• Citizen
  • 42884 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(Confuzor @ Jan 12 2012, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guilty Crown is...interesting. It's got sci-fi super-high production values and some wonderful animation, but the setting is a bit simplistic and it suffers from "everybody is better than the main character who is a bit of a joke" syndrome.

Generally people want it to improve.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)