Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

Photo

Dungeons and Dragons and Other Things

2038 replies to this topic

#41 Joker

Joker

Predacon_Cryotek indeed.

• Supporter
  • 2084 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

so on the Rule of Cool website, under donation bonuses are the "met incentives" stuff they've still gotta write but will be available when done? or are they something else? The reason I ask is cause I really want to try this game but I'd like a sample adventure just to take a look under the hood as a DM (yes I know there's a DM chapter in the rule book).

#42 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Waspinator @ Jan 11 2012, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally, a game honest about PCs being murderous hobos:

http://www.nuklearpo...dal-transients/

I'm thinking of running it, with the theme being something like The Surprising Adventures of Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar.
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#43 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(Joker @ Jan 13 2012, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so on the Rule of Cool website, under donation bonuses are the "met incentives" stuff they've still gotta write but will be available when done? or are they something else? The reason I ask is cause I really want to try this game but I'd like a sample adventure just to take a look under the hood as a DM (yes I know there's a DM chapter in the rule book).

Yes, the incentives will be available as soon as they're done. The adventure is being worked on.

#44 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23841 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, they have a bunch of incentives that have been met but are not done being written yet. They're posting them as they are ready.

#45 Joker

Joker

Predacon_Cryotek indeed.

• Supporter
  • 2084 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Alrighty, that's what I though. Thanks for confirming it for me.

#46 The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Pose as a team, because JIVE JUST GOT REAL

• Citizen
  • 5678 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

So, I picked up Fiasco and the Fiasco Companion.

I was chatting with my group about what we could play now we've more-or-less moved on from Gamma World (For now), and right now, we'll probably be playing Savage Worlds (Although the exact setting is up in the air), Deathwatch, Call of Cthulhu and Fiasco at some point. And maybe coming back to D&D 4th Edition as well, quite possibly after building the broad strokes of a fantasy setting in Microscope.

Fiasco looks like it'll be absolutely nuts, though. It's just a shame they don't sell The Shab-Al-Hiri Roach as a PDF.
QUOTE(Galenraff @ Mar 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't buy a Porsche *just* for how it looks, after all. It's got to perform, too. Maybe tie you up, if you're into that.

"Pack up the tea, boys! We're joining the Space Marines!"

#47 Rodimal

Rodimal

To strive, to seek, to find, and NOT to Yield...

• Citizen
  • 1066 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

welp, the Saga game has fallen in the Maw. My wife just isn't having any fun running it, sowe scrapped it. We started a Pathfinder/3.5 game with me playing my favorite type character instead. A Half-Elf Two weapon fighting Ranger Rogue skill monkey named Tobin Swiftwind. He's a Hunter who specializes in finding people and things and bringing them back to their rightful owners. He doesn't kill except if necessary (self-defense) and will not take contracts for assassination. However, he hates Drow (first favored enemy) so they are probably the exception to that rule.

out

card-hotrod.jpg

Look Up!

#48 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

So, for the WoD fans here, 2 bits...

I'm joining a Sabbat LARP, but I'm having trouble thinking of something fun to play...anyone got thoughts? (I've failed to figure out a way to get Ponies into my concept:( )

Also, I'm selling some very rare old WoD on eBay. Can anyone point me to a good RPG forum that I can post a link or so and get some eyes on the auctions?

#49 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14153 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Jan 25 2012, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm joining a Sabbat LARP, but I'm having trouble thinking of something fun to play...anyone got thoughts? (I've failed to figure out a way to get Ponies into my concept:( )

Also, I'm selling some very rare old WoD on eBay. Can anyone point me to a good RPG forum that I can post a link or so and get some eyes on the auctions?

You can try a concept I've wanted to play. A tzimitze with fleshcraft and a medical degree. Use your fleshcraft to do instant brain surgery on anyone you meet, lobotomizing them and creating an army of stupid drones who'll follow your every command. That way you don't have to put yourself into physical danger.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#50 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

Question for the spy / illuminati campaign I'm trying to organize.

I have one mission in which the party is infiltrating North Korea, so if nothing else I can do a mission in which North Korean intelligence comes after them in retaliation.

I've also put together a S.C.U.M. parody for the party to butt heads with (especially since two of their missions involved potentially taking down prominent women), and I've created a parody group that's a mash-up of Jack Chick's ministry and a few other such groups (they'll pick a fight with a major NPC; the party might just have to save them from said NPC).

I'm also thinking about putting together a crime syndicate run by a former East German KGB operative (the story would be that his boys were the ones who were tasked with killing the rock star) and a rather ineffective parody of Anonymous (the party might technically use them as pawns for two missions, something they won't be happy about).

Anyone got other ideas for some absurd or over-the-top groups I can have as recurring villains?

Thanks.

#51 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14153 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 25 2012, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question for the spy / illuminati campaign I'm trying to organize.

I have one mission in which the party is infiltrating North Korea, so if nothing else I can do a mission in which North Korean intelligence comes after them in retaliation.

I've also put together a S.C.U.M. parody for the party to butt heads with (especially since two of their missions involved potentially taking down prominent women), and I've created a parody group that's a mash-up of Jack Chick's ministry and a few other such groups (they'll pick a fight with a major NPC; the party might just have to save them from said NPC).

I'm also thinking about putting together a crime syndicate run by a former East German KGB operative (the story would be that his boys were the ones who were tasked with killing the rock star) and a rather ineffective parody of Anonymous (the party might technically use them as pawns for two missions, something they won't be happy about).

Anyone got other ideas for some absurd or over-the-top groups I can have as recurring villains?

Thanks.

If they're infiltrating North Korea, say the new ruler took a page from Ghaddafi's book and has an elite guard of all female soldiers, an Amazon Brigade. Have them dog your party after they invade North Korea, popping up here and there just to keep them on their toes.

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#52 Scavgraphics

Scavgraphics

Sometimes bad ponies make the best good ponies!

• Supporter
  • 6393 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Rhinox @ Jan 25 2012, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Scavgraphics @ Jan 25 2012, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can try a concept I've wanted to play. A tzimitze with fleshcraft and a medical degree. Use your fleshcraft to do instant brain surgery on anyone you meet, lobotomizing them and creating an army of stupid drones who'll follow your every command. That way you don't have to put yourself into physical danger.

Hmm...

#53 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Been invited to join a 4e Lair Assault. One shot, level 5 characters, play until they drop dead with a whole team.
I can't decide what to bring. All roles are open, Forgotten Realms setting, most everything is on the table.

I think I am finally going to role out with a Genasi, i've been itching to try one for ages. Can't decide if I want to lean caster or go into Melee. Choices choices...
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#54 Esser-Z

Esser-Z

I'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you

• Citizen
  • 32946 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

I love genasi.

I'm going to be RUNNING a 4e game starting next Wednesday, whee!

Edited by Esser-Z, 26 January 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#55 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10375 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

Saw a thread about RPG's and figured "I should mention Legend in here."

Then I saw it was in the OP.

Well played, thread. Well played.

MSzBav1.jpg

#56 Adam G

Adam G

Chopper Face 69

• Supporter
  • 10479 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(Fortress Ironhold @ Jan 25 2012, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My current campaign is a colnisation of space story. I've thrown in some Raelians but they do not pose any kind of legitimate threat, they are more there for flavour and comedic effect. I was going to go with Scientologist but this seemed sillier.

As villains go I'm just putting together a group of Randian objectivists. That would clash a bit with the whole communism thing but maybe have a very extreme sort of "other side of the coin" group. A good ploy is sometimes to have the "bad guys", then present a group against them, but ultimately have it obvious that this group is actually bad in their own right, they just happened to also be opposed to the bad guy's plan. Like if you had a bunch of criminals and then through in vigilantes who stop an armed robbery, and proceed to try to excecute tax evaders.

#57 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

A few more ideas I came up with -

*Los Pollos Rojos (The Red Chickens): a group of Latin American communists. The movement started when a small handful of knuckleheads began making ill-advised strikes and broadcasts, leading to them being regarded as cowards and idiots. When a newspaper coined the name "The Red Chickens" to describe them, they banded together and adopted it as a name. The group will gladly backstab anyone and everyone who they feel that they must in order to spread the goal of a communist Latin America, such that even Castro thinks they should just get over themselves. If the party does anything in Latin America or the American Southwest, there's a slim chance they'll run into one of these guys.

*Conspiracy: Several key executives at a major animal rights organization (I'm thinking a PETA clone) secretly own majority stake in a chain of vegan restaurants. The chain is just barely squeaking by, due to a variety of legitimate concerns such as higher-than-average prices, longer-than-normal service times, and food which isn't all that great; because of this, although it's a "fast food" chain, few people who aren't vegetarian or vegan come back a second time. Rather than admit that there are flaws with their business model and procedures (if they had positioned it as a "casual sit-down" chain, they'd be fine), they instead presume that the major fast-food chains are in a conspiracy to keep the world from eating "healthy" (re: vegan) foods. Most, if not all, of the anti-fast food hype from the past 20+ years has thus been these executives and their allies bribing parents, pundits, and politicians on two continents into creating a culture of fear concerning fast food and then passing laws to "save" the general public.

*Conspiracy: Several companies that make religious toys, old-fashioned wooden toys, and other such novelties have formed a cabal. They've seen the way that Hasbro, Mattel, and the other toymakers are now dominating the industry, and want to stop them (albeit for various reasons). As a result, ever since the 1980s they've been periodically bribing authors, ministers, and pundits to warn about the immoral and even dangerous nature of most modern toys (such as G. I. Joe teaching kids to be violent or Barbie teaching kids to be sluts). One of their ultimate goals is to force all toy-driven and other "inappropriate" programming off of television on Sundays, ostensibly to return the day to its holy roots but in reality because they want one day a week in which their buddies can have the air waves.

#58 Vestras

Vestras

Stone by Day, Friendship by Night

• Supporter
  • 8459 posts
  • Faction::Vehicon

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Reliable leaks of Heroes of the Elemental Chaos (4E Player Options)
HIGHLIGHT to view:

*Elementalist - Essentials Sorcerer, CHA/CON. Think a caster version of the slayer. Piles of at wills, and a damage boosting recurring encounter power. Select an element at creation and go from there.
*Elemental Pact - PHB1 Warlocks and Hexblades - Adds a pile of Element boosts to damage via curse or hexblade.
*Monks - 2 new builds, Dex/Str and Dex/Cha for DPR or Control boosts.
*Elemental Pets - Functionally like Familiars, but open to anyone who takes an Elemental Origin granting feat. Very potent
*Ki Focus, Tome, and Totem Expertise feats (AT LAST!) - +dmg vs bloodied, summoned creature buff, Ignore cover/conceal respectfully
*Druids - PHB2 gets a new aspect to help caster types, Sentinels get a new Cycle...Wastes... okay. Details pending

And, the upcoming Dungeoneer's book will feature updated player versions of Kobolds and Goblins, Sweet!
Clearing out some old TFs and Mugenbine in my BST Thread. You know you want some of these.

#59 Draange

Draange

You cannot resist the cuteness

• Citizen
  • 1658 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

I need to crowd source some help with a character idea for a Pathfinder/3.5 game (we're using Pathfinder rules and mechanics but using stuff from 3.5 if there isn't already a version in Pathfinder)

The idea for the character is this: Some evil sorcerer/wizard tried to make a magical weapon/rod/staff using a soul trapped in a gem (like the trapped soul spell) as the power source. He/she goofed up and created a magical intelligent weapon that had the mind and soul of the person in the gem (level 5 sorcerer). Due to shock/crazy magic/undecided the intelligence of the weapon was suppressed due to too low of an ego score to fight back. The evil mage ends up getting his butt kicked by some party of good aligned characters, they get their hands on the staff and are rather surprised to find out that it's an intelligent (albeit unconscious) staff. They take it to some old wise mage person, wake up the item in an attempt to set it free. But due to not knowing how the staff was made, they couldn't release the person inside, but were able to make it so she could take a ghost like form and at least interact with people.

What we originally came up with was to use the ghost template and make the staff ghost touched only for the character, but we're not really sure how to make this work mechanically since it's kind of weird. The DM is totally ok with the character concept, it's just the mechanics that are odd. Since this is a planescape campaign and including this ghost there's only one other human, weirdness is not the problem. We just need to know what rules to manipulate and

#60 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

As a GM?

I'd say that the best thing to do would be to sit down, as a party, and talk things over with the DM.

It sounds to me like no matter what rules base you use (basic ghost rules should be OK for the most part), you're going to have to do some fudging anyway.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users