Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Isn't the general consensus that we're supposed to be over physical media anyways?

@  Paladin : (09 January 2020 - 08:17 AM)

i still don't own a Blu-Ray player.

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 January 2020 - 07:35 AM)

My current TV works just fine. I don't see a need to upgrade. And by the time I do, the Next Big Thing will probably be out anyway.

@  Benbot : (09 January 2020 - 03:58 AM)

Me neither. I'm no rebel, though. I'm just poor.

Photo
- - - - -

The Christmas Present Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#81 NOIP

NOIP

No One In Particular

• Citizen
  • 2266 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

My first christmas gift was a 7 am wake up call from the city! Telling me I have to boil my water before I can drink it!

:angry

That's a terrible excuse for a present, and I for one would exchange it right away for something you like better. :p
While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#82 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18279 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:01 PM

This year was an unexpectedly good year.

My girlfriend bought me Pokemon X which I have been wanting to play for quite a while, since I've been out of the loop on Pokemon since Ruby.

My mother gave me a movie gift card earlier in the month which I went and saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens with and her fiancee gave me a gift card to the Cold Stone Creamery and $20

My grandmother gave me a nice windshield cover for my car for when it does, eventually, one day snow again XD

My grandfather gave me a card with $100

My aunt gave me a very, very long Fourth Doctor scarf, the 18 foot one based on his Season 16 costume and a ipega Bluetooth controller for my tablet and phone. 

So a very, very good year.  I look forward to catching up with Pokemon and finally having a third physical game for my 3DS XD

nzo8WYb.png

#83 Big Show

Big Show

Had about enough of your crap, Mario.

• Supporter
  • 7862 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 07:43 PM

Besties!
5546_10156380114795434_6122345629305342712_n.jpg

The guy on the left is mine, the guy on the right is my wife's. We don't usually splurge like this, but these guys are fantastic.

In addition to the Big Chief Tenth, I gave my wife the Cinderella Tsum Tsums, a Cinderella Itty Bitty (from the Hallmark store), a Cinderella's Castle Pandora charm, all six Rocky Horror Pop Vinyls, plush Espeon, and a few other neat little things.

My kids got a PS4, each of them got Amazon Fire 7" tablets (we were "done", but couldn't resist at $35 each on Cyber Monday), a bunch of Amiibo each, my youngest got a Sphero SPRK, and a few other random things (a few Star Wars Black figures for my oldest, a few Marvel Legends for my 14 year old).

In addition to my Sideshow Deadpool, I got the Doctor Who Ideas Lego set, Combiner wars Devastator (nabbed it when it went on clearance for $100 at Target), a few Marvel Legends (finished Rhino and an arm shy of finishing Hulkbuster), a few Amiibo, 5.5" War Doctor ($10 at Books a Million-totally worth it), and a plush Umbreon.

We seem to go overboard every year, but we will put stuff aside throughout the year (as evidenced by the fact that I came across 2 Amiibo and plush Rocket and Groot for my wife that were in a bag in the closet. :doh )

Edited by Big Show, 25 December 2015 - 07:44 PM.

QUOTE(David Willis)
There's a distinct difference between buying something and SUPERbuying.
And SUPERbuying is not quite as extreme as buying the HUG outta something.
There's a hierarchy.

#84 Internet Jesus

Internet Jesus

And this is the way the world ends.

• Citizen
  • 22355 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

From my aunt, a few hoodies

From my family, an iPhone 6s

From myself, two Combiner Wars Combaticons (Swindle & Vortex) and the Walgreens exclusive Daredevil.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness. Never fading, always accessible. Rumors about petty issues, misinterpretations, slander... All this junk data preserved in an unfiltered state, growing at an alarming rate. It will only slow down social progress, reduce the rate of evolution. You seem to think that our plan is one of censorship. What we propose to do is not to control content, but to create context.

#85 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

For my lady, I gave her a necklace, some Mass Effect Tali leggings, a plush Santa Pikachu, some Funko pops, some nail art sponges for painting gradients along with some brushes and tiny tape for painting polish lines, kitty ears headband, a QT Transformer so she'll stop stealing mine, and a few other luxury beauty items from her Amazon wish list. I try to balance nerdy and practical.

I got a few action figures yesterday and more today - Heroes of the Storm Lich King, Poe Dameron, Battlefront Shock Trooper, three of the four LARP Ninja Turtles, gift cards for eBay and a local movie theatre, an Xbox Live card, some pepperoni sticks, and some Star Wars boxers.

For my brother and his new girlfriend, I shipped some deep dish pizzas from Giordano's (she's from Chicago). And in an effort to subtly indoctrinate her four year old daughter, I gave her a Hello Kitty Transformer.

#86 M Virion

M Virion

Dead Girl Walking

• Retired Staff
  • 18876 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

I got the kindness of my friends, in helping me pay for an unexpected car repair bill. <3

I also got some in game cash for GTA V, a scarf (yay!), a few collectibles (DW Spork & TBatB Hot Wheels Batmobile), a really nice piece of art, and depending on if they're still on sale tomorrow or not: possibly these http://www.guitarcen...o-Headphones.gc with a bit of Christmas cash.

--

Update: 12/26 - I got those headphones. <3

Edited by Ms Virion, 26 December 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#87 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 46736 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:29 PM

Work Clothes, a Pac-Man plug-and-play system, a Hickory Farms Gift Set, and earlier I got $100 to spend at the local book/entertainment store that was closing shop. Walked out of there with three Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy Novels, Mass Effect Monopoly, Seven Military Epics of Ancient China (Including Art of War), and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

#88 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31620 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

Oddest X-Mas ever! its 85 here we had X-Mas dinner outside

got a fun little haul and the kids loved the gifts I picked out total hits!

I got

Xenoblade Chron V WiiU

Apple IIGs

VCR

Lego Set Fast Car 31046 (Goofiest name ever on a Lego set) But its a really fun set

Kreo Minifig Guide book

BB Kreo Brick Box odd thing with a BB Minifig and random bricks with no instructions

R2D2 Dice game

ATAT Blueprint t shirt

Death Star 2 Epic Fail t shirt

Wonder Woman Shot glass

Hot Wheels Enterprise

My gag gift was this dollar store BB bank robbing ski mask (pics to follow)

Edited by tec, 26 December 2015 - 08:53 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#89 Wing

Wing

Puns will continue until morale improves.

• Supporter
  • 18051 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

j6cfaJS.jpg

Not pictured - a package of really huggin' good Mario gummies I already ate, a package of Andes mints, money + card from mom, and Transformers: Devastation on Steam from one of my fellow tabletoppers.

UnHImyv.png

#90 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31620 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:44 AM

love the coffee cup

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#91 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7464 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

What I gave:

Dad
New recliner
T shirt from Winslow, Arizona

Mom
Garmin vivosmart fitness watch
CATO Closet gift card
Hobby Lobby gift card

Fiancé
Samsung Gearfit fitness watch
All 5 Bob's Burgers Funko Pops
Kitten shaped pancake skillet
Bicycle seat
Stocking stuffer stuff
I feel like one other gift but I don't remember what.

What I've gotten so far (still have dads tomorrow)
Bicycle repair stand
Garmin watch bike mount
Garmin heart rate strap
Star Wars t shirt
St. Louis Cardinals 2016 calendar
St. Louis Cardinals book: 100 things all fans must do
Star Wars Cheebacca tin w/ a pair of boxers inside
GoPro HERO2 extra battery adapter

Guessing from dad (I give him a list and he usually gets it all. Not needed but I appreciate it)
CW Devestator
GoPro HERO4 Session camera
Bontrager Duotrap speed/cadence sensor for my bicycle
Sony Turntable (I have the one I got him last year. It's a cheap Jensen. He doesn't like to play his records so I got it. Asking for an upgrade.)
He also bought my plane tickets home this year (told him that could be enough.)

Turns out the tickets were all he got me. No big deal. I can get the rest.

Edited by Darth_Prime, 29 December 2015 - 03:01 PM.

#92 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 42606 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:51 AM

My first christmas gift was a 7 am wake up call from the city! Telling me I have to boil my water before I can drink it!

:angry

That's a terrible excuse for a present, and I for one would exchange it right away for something you like better. :p

Yeah... turns out it non-refundable...

Anyway!

I did was treated very well this year. I got rook and streetwise, mario kart 8 and splatoon, a big box of stuff from arcadeblock (which had some neat kit in it. A lovely far cry 4 t-shirt, a ryu keychain (with lights and sounds!) a portal magnet pack, a sonic comic, a car hanger sign... all cool shit.) A star trek calendar: and my sister is law refused to take the high road and end the fued: so ontop of a board game from her and my brother (A game called "personally incorrect" which is apparently like cards against humanity, but specifically aimed at individuals...) I also got a tinkerbell pez dispenser and a child sized my little pony umbrella. And the war marches on!

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#93 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31620 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

Added the retro stuff I got from a friend of mine Apple IIGs and a VCR

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#94 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8819 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:22 AM

My friend got me combiner wars Cyclonus so I now have to get him limbs. I'm going to get Wheeljack (1) for sure but deciding on the rest. Not into jets. Got Streetwise (2) but kinda want Prowl.

Who're the best limbs? I'm not into the jets or copters.

I got an Ironhide (3?) but he's too small bodied to be the burly Ironhide i know. Who's the best of the pick up truck type molds? Offroad, First Aid, Ironhide, maybe Trailbreaker?

I was thinking of Rook but I'm getting Hound or Swindle (4) and they're remold types already.

Galvatronus%20-Streetwise%20FirstAid%20T

Just to follow up.  I DID get Ironhide but had second thoughts cuz of the reviews of the tabs at the side and the fact that he's not Ironhide-y enough so exchanged him for First Aid, hehe.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#95 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39198 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:55 AM

From the Wife

Exploding Kittens Card Game

Crabs Adjust Humidity Card Game

New Work shoes

Transformers Devastation for the PS4

A bunch of Candy and Dr Who mini figures

From family

UA Flee throw blanket

Dress shirt for work

New Flatware

Money

tshirts, PJs, and underwear from Mom

Fallout 4 for the Xbox One

A Kurieg 2.0 with storage drawer and variety K-Cup pack

PS4 Battlefront Edition

To my Wife:

Sephora Gift Card
Sephora make Up
Yoshi's Wolly World with all three yarn Yoshi amibos

Two Bumgenius Designer Pattern Cloth Diapers
A bunch of Chocalates and Cookies
Scarf

To my mom:

25' white Coaxial cable to hook up her TV in her Bedroom
War Room Blu-ray
Leaf Antenna

To my family:

Minions Blu-ray
X-Com 2 Pre-order
NES T-shirt
Fallout Coffee Mug
Mario Tshirt
Storm Trooper Hoodie
TF Devastation for PS4
Scarf

To my In-Laws:

two Cardigans
four dress shirts
Scarf
Green Bay Throw Blanket
Name 5 Board Game
Cheese Gift Set

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#96 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7464 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:03 PM

Found out fiancé got me mp bumblebee and this!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#97 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8819 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:12 AM

OMG, he's not going to cut open Hobbes, is he?

(did Han Solo use the saber to open the tauntan?  I really need to watch the original trilogy again, haha)

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#98 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 2061 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:58 AM

What I got from family

Travel Mug, wallet(which I needed badly), comforter, jeans, sweat pants, socks, underwear, various shirts(especially Cave's shirts), a little airplane(from niece), best buy gift card, computer speakers, and Nintendo Wii U which had Smash Brothers and Splatoon.

From Myself

Transformer Age of extinction, and all four of the Combiner War Combaticons Limbs.

What I gave to My family

Everyone: Got towels

Sister: Scented Candles, brushes, and various Organizers she needed

Sister's Boyfriend/father of her child: DVDS

Dad: Pillows, travel mug, and various office supplies.

Mom: Scented Candles, new travel Bag, and Sanshee's Zelda Heart Crystal Necklace.

Grandpa: Lottery Tickers and Toaster

My Niece: I went nuts on the toys for her.  She got 17  Equistria Girl Dolls, Ocatvia, DJ Pony Three, 2 Sunset Shimmers(different versions), Apple Jack, Rarity, Flutter Shy, Sunny Flare,  2 Pinkie Pie(different outfits), 2 Rainbow Dash(different outfits), 3 Twilight Sparkles(different Outfits), the Stage which came with another Pinkie Pie, and Adagio Dazzle.

So everyone had a good Christmas