Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (24 June 2021 - 02:04 PM)

Fedex sucks

@  tigerhawk : (23 June 2021 - 10:09 AM)

"This never happened to the other fellow." -  One of my fave meta jokes in movies from 007: On her Majesty's Secret Service.

@  Sabrblade : (21 June 2021 - 08:58 PM)

Daddy!

@  Kalidor : (21 June 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Not just any girl - your mom!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2021 - 08:19 AM)

Happy Knocked-Up-A-Girl Day!

@  Bass X0 : (20 June 2021 - 02:13 AM)

Happy father's day!

@  Hot Rod Mustang : (19 June 2021 - 07:45 PM)

what up sluts?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2021 - 07:20 PM)

Only 6? Filthy casual.

@  wonko the sane? : (19 June 2021 - 04:26 PM)

Multiplaying as in "playing with other people" or multiplaying as in "6 WoW accounts running at the same time"?

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 June 2021 - 01:45 PM)

Oh no! Darkeklaw is multiplaying! (See birthday box)

@  tigerhawk : (19 June 2021 - 11:54 AM)

In my Marvel comic canon the second wave of special teams were handpicked active robots whose experience would theoretically make more stable combiners, the Combaticons came from Cybertron, the Protectobots were imprinted from crystals explaining both Onslauhghts ancestry and First Aid's experience.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 05:24 PM)

Spotlight: Lioconvoy?

@  Bass X0 : (18 June 2021 - 04:15 PM)

How long until IDW puts out an Optimus Pride Month comic?

@  Cyoti : (18 June 2021 - 03:32 PM)

Even with B5, it didn't follow its original 5-year plan. Summaries from the supplementary materials for the scriptbooks demonstrates that was originally planned was very different from the actual product. Sinclair's actor's departure seemingly changed the show to the point that the stuff with the Vorlons/Shadows, the Minbari and the ending were all changed. Mapping out a show years in advance is difficult because of changing bts stuff like writers/actors leaving the show or suddenly having to retool because of ratings/execs. No plan survives intact especially in a chaotic environment of television production.

@  Rycochet : (18 June 2021 - 11:27 AM)

To be like Babylon 5, you need to cram a 2 season story arc into one because you fear being cancelled, then get further seasons you have no more material for. You also need a spinoff which the network heads don't want and do everything in their power to kill it while it's on air.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 June 2021 - 10:33 AM)

The required effort is probably why we don't have babylon 6; TNG.

@  Dekafox : (18 June 2021 - 10:23 AM)

Everyone wants to be like Babylon 5 but no one wants to put in the effort

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:36 AM)

And then, after five years of hosting their own official podcast where they would answer fan questions and always encouraged their audience to pay attention to the mysteries, after the show had ended, they claimed the show was never really about the mysteries, it was all about the characters.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 09:34 AM)

What really bugs me with "Lost" is that the producers had willfully negotiated a set end date with the network halfway through season 3 (the show ended with season 6, as planned) specifically so they could plan out the plot for the remainder of the show. Then... the plot wasn't resolved properly.

@  tigerhawk : (18 June 2021 - 04:17 AM)

By then I had lost interest in arc TV shows, I followed a few and got the impression they were just making them up as they went along. Seemed to be a trend starting with new Galactica and Lost though in actuality began with The X Files and has become a trope called 'The Chris Carter Effect'.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:12 AM)

I think it was season 3 part 1 specifically, since they had two separate plot "arcs" for season 3.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:11 AM)

They threw everything in there, with no clear story structure, no clear stakes, and characters flip-flopping wherever the episode's writer needed them to go for their half-baked plot.

@  Nevermore : (18 June 2021 - 02:10 AM)

Season 3 was the worst, with a terrible meandering random events plot.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 11:59 PM)

'save the cheerleader' then in season 3 he tears her skull open, scans her power and she simply heals. They didn't think any of it through.

@  Shockwave 75 : (17 June 2021 - 07:04 PM)

Well, you know Hollywood; if something's popular, run it into the ground!

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

And then there was the Writers' Strike, which isn't the show's fault.

@  Cybersnark : (17 June 2021 - 04:40 PM)

Yeah, Sylar should've been, if not killed off, at least left to rest.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

It never truly recovered from that.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 03:43 PM)

Season 1 was good until the finale.

@  Paladin : (17 June 2021 - 09:37 AM)

because it sucked.

@  tigerhawk : (17 June 2021 - 08:58 AM)

Heroes was cancelled twice.

@  Nevermore : (17 June 2021 - 06:33 AM)

The song's official name is "Holding Out for a Hero".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 June 2021 - 12:54 AM)

That's a long time to wait for a sandwich.

@  Maruten : (16 June 2021 - 07:13 PM)

Lucky there's a hero arriving in July.

@  Steevy Maximus : (16 June 2021 - 05:38 PM)

I think I've heard "I Need a Hero" more times this past week than I have in the past several years.

@  tigerhawk : (16 June 2021 - 12:41 PM)

Thanks to Earthrise I can recreate the end of Return of Optimus Prime part 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 June 2021 - 11:19 AM)

I wish they would do something like that here: but then it would become obvious in which provinces you're getting gouged.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

Here in Germany, the price you see is the price you pay, tax included.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 10:42 AM)

I always find it weaird hearing that stores in the US don't initially already taxes in their prices.

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2379 replies to this topic

#1881 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20407 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:59 PM

It's a wonderful set, and I'm so not looking forward to trying to get it.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1882 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5510 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

I'm not one to be aggressively angry about toys (despite being a collector), and I can USUALLY see a logic in what Hasbro is doing...but I'm lost with the new case assortments for Vintage and Basic:

Wave 2 of Vintage CARRIES FORWARD 4 figures.  Half the case is stuff already available, and they aren't even carrying forward the much in demand Hoth Trooper.  The NEW figures, the ones people might ACTUALLY WANT are all one per case.  Yeah, that's not going to backfire when stores are backlogged with MORE Rey and Kylo Ren figures. Speaking of...

Wave 3 of Force Link 2 basic figures include (according to Robot Kingdom):

SW E5 SWU PRINCESS LEIA HOTH

SW E5 SWU DARTH VADER
SW SWU E8 KYLO REN
SW E8 SWU REY JEDI TRAINING
SW E6 SWU LUKE SKYWALKER
SW SWU E8 STORMTROOPER

Assuming that's all correct...for the love of GOD why are Rey and Kylo shipping AGAIN!?  Not like they shipped in damn near every branding's initial assortment since 2015.  Hell, with TLJ backlog, those two have been HORRIFICALLY over shipped to the market.  Nobody wants another Rey, much less Kylo Ren (especially if it turns out to be the same one that came with the Force Link 1.0 which I got for THREE FREAKING DOLLARS on clearance).

Again, I'm just at a lost as to what page Hasbro is even on with Star Wars anymore.  You can't blame Disney for ALL of this, and it is starting to REALLY feel like there is no passion for the brand (and it just seems to be adding to my perceptions that Hasbro is in the position of doing only a bare minimum in preparation of losing the license the same year as TWO major Hasbro lines launch).

This is a major contrast to Lego, which is taking the first "off season" to deliver a bit more to the classic films, while still supporting the two most recent films.  For a brand that commands more retail space than anything short of Marvel...Hasbro is REALLY failing to deliver on that support.  And I'm not seeing a whole lot on the marketing side to address that issue.

#1883 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:43 AM

Could there be some sort of directive from Disney? 

That's the only thing I can think of besides total tone-deafness. 

Even the local Walgreen's has finally given up on trying to sell the same three Rebels / Force Awakens figures at full price. There's just been an absolute glut of new product, and no one seems to want to do anything about it. 

#1884 Fortress Ironhold

Fortress Ironhold

Blasphemer

• Banned
  • 20567 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:49 AM

Separate post so that it doesn't get lost - 

Check your local Dollar Trees, folks. Mine just got another batch of Star Wars die-cast vehicles alongside a batch of Fast & Furious die-cast product. 

Don't know if it's TRU close-out or what; I haven't inspected them to see if there are any price tags or markings. I wasn't feeling too swift thanks to the local heat, so I just grabbed what I was in there for and went. 

#1885 Daith

Daith

Is this the Way?...

• Supporter
  • 10087 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

Finally got Revan from DorkSidetoys! While the hype of having one of the most popular characters outside of the movies is here, I am sad that his clothes hinder his articulation. But love the saber hilt sculpts.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#1886 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5510 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:28 PM

So...Hasbro had their SDCC panel.  Confirmed a number of new and refreshed VTC figures, including the LONG overdue rerun for the 3.75 Darth Revan figure.

Forcelink 2.0 is going to get...PLAY SETS?!  That's something a bit different from the brand...  But both are retailer exclusives, probably to test the waters.

Black Series gets two more members of the Rebels crew, plus a "Greatest Hits" assortment to rerun older popular figures.  ALL upcoming figures will feature the "photo printing" paint app technique, even the reissues.

TVC is set to have a BIG year next year- over a dozen new figures in the first half of the year, plus retailer items.  Figures will also feature the photo printing paint app technique.

Cautiously optimistic...Feels like SOMETHING has shifted at Hasbro.  Can't help but wonder if the last couple years was a breaking point to get some people out and new ideas in.

#1887 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69053 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Ezra and Chopper. :love

http://news.toyark.c...l-photos-310753

ACItEK8.png

#1888 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18631 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

NEED Ezra and Chopper. NEED. (Hopefully we'll get a Zeb eventually to finish off the cast.)

-ZacWilliam, also saw they are rereleasing Boba, Bossk and IG88 with better paint. Hope they aren't too hard to get cause I'd love them too.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 July 2018 - 09:35 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1889 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 8378 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:41 AM

Oh wow. Ezra's fantastic. Poor ugly old Kanan.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#1890 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 8175 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:05 AM

Excited to see Black Series is still going strong.  I get worried when they have so many of the same shelf warming characters year after year that they might do away with the line.  Hopefully they realize people are not as big of fans of Poe and Finn as they thought.  

Super excited for the X Wing Luke re release.  I never picked him up the first time around, the face was horrible.  Excited for the rebels characters.  

#1891 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69053 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

Interesting that Ezra's hair is blue even in the Black Series.

ACItEK8.png

#1892 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:48 PM

VLidn30.jpg

#1893 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 8175 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

Rewatching The Clone Wars now.  

Just picked up Commander Wolffe black series figure.  Now I also want the following done in 6" BS:

Anakin

Kenobi

Commander Thorn

Echo and Fives 2 pack, ARC Trooper gear

Waxer and Boil in their gear from Sullest

Cad Bane

#1894 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 69053 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

I want an Entertainment Earth 6 pack of the season 3 / 4 Rebels Ghost Crew 6" Black Series.

ACItEK8.png

#1895 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18631 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:10 AM

I want that (I don't want the price of that. shudder). I just need them to announce a S1 Zeb (and if I'm greedy maybe a Grand Inquisitor or Kalus) first. I'll be very interested to see him in the "realistic" style.

-ZacWilliam, and I need Ezra and Chopper to be gettable for a decent price. Do we have an eta on them at all from SDCC?
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1896 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:24 AM

20 issues left on Artoo. It's going well minus a few issues. For instance, you can see there that one of the front dome panels (all of which are applied by thin strips of double sided tape) has fallen off. I have a plan to hopefully fix that involving careful use of glue.

There's a metal rig that will go in the body for greater supporter. One of the body panels opens up to reveal some of his tool arms but I'm not sure if those will have some mechanism to articulate them. The head will have the lightsaber launcher from ROTJ but I need to make some corrections before installing it (including the aforementioned panel).
SwbiTES.jpg

#1897 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

Panel fix worked.
3knPfaP.jpg

#1898 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 5510 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

Not sure anyone cared or not...but wave 3 Force Link figures are out.  Saw them at Walmart.

Which means you can buy Rey (at my local store) for $8 as a Force Link 2.0 figure OR

$4 Force Link 1.0 red card (multiple)

$7 Force Link 1.0 two pack with Praetorian Guard (multiple)

(Both of those are effectively the same mold as the new release)

$4 Black Series 

$13 TVC

(Again, the SAME Jakku mold in both versions)

I don't want to be associated with "those fans"...but just my little slice of retail shows an over saturation of Rey.  Oddly, the TLJ leftovers are a solid mix of Rey, Finn, Hux, and Poe, with only a couple of Roses, compared to the pegs of seen farther away and from other fans.

#1899 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:38 AM

So my 'holiday' has been a mix of working on a partwork model of R2-D2 and sitting alone being crushed by the heartless insanity of the world, my own failings and the machinations of others.

Here's a photo: 3sdmSDB.jpg

#1900 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 20407 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

For me that's "Thursday".

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users