Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2205 replies to this topic

#1081 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

Depends on what you consider getting merchandise of. I feel like the only *important* characters we didn't get figures of were Leia and Luke (there's rumors of him, though). As for the vehicles, they all saw release in one form or another as Titaniums, Hot Wheels, Micro Machines, those Disney Store models, etc. In fact it was seeing the vehicles next to a much larger selection of O.T. and P.T. vehicles that made me first realize the movie was kind of un-toyetic.

#1082 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4832 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Where is this "Force Awakens wasn't very toyetic" coming from?  Seriously, I'd argue it provided better fodder for toys than Episode 1, and is probably on par with Episode 4.

There is a larger selection of OT and PT vehicles because merchandisers are pulling from SIX films plus TWO animated series for fodder.  And we're seeing a lot of that stuff because everyone was REALLY playing to nostalgia for STar Wars (be it those who grew up on the Original Trilogy, or newer collectors coming in from the prequel and cartoon eras).

I think the biggest thing with TFA's product push was that...it's not 1978.  Hell, it's not even 2008, in terms of how retailers and the market are addressing the brand.  I do believe that, in another time, we probably could have seen a toy line on par (and be as successful) as what we saw with Episode 3.  But that just isn't the market we live in anymore.

But at least this thread isn't full of constant complaints about how Hasbro is screwing over collectors by not making SA figures like certain Star Wars toy sites

#1083 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42531 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

I think the fault is in the lack of communication between Disney and Hasbro. 

In efforts to keep everything as super secret as possible, it seems like Disney just sent character references to Hasbro without telling the toy company who they are and if they were important. So we got things like #WheresRey (Hasbro seemed to think Finn to be the main hero in the film with all the teasers of him holding the lightsaber) and oodles and oodles of aliens that I can't really even identify in the film (Really, why did we need Constable Zuvo in all size classes? Did he even make the final cut?).

Really I think if they had made as many Rey as they did Finn and refrained from making all those aliens that end up looking like a sea of really boring browns and tans on the shelves, the toy line would have been fine as far as "toyetic" goes.

Also, there should have been an R2 and BB-8 set. Or some other way to really push the droids. Only offering BB in the Falcon set and that pretty dull 3-pack is just a really weird choice.

#1084 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6338 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:45 AM

I'm pretty sure they actually did make about as many Reys as Finns. The assortments were generally even-packed (with the occasional extra Kylo Ren), and they both got one initial basic figure, one vehicle figure, one later basic figure, one 3.75" Black Series figure, and two 6" Black Series figures, with Finn just having the additional deluxe armored figures. The difference is that everybody snatched up Rey as soon as they found her, and Finn was a pegwarmer. I'll leave it to others to analyze that particular issue (it's probably racism).

And nope, Zuvio didn't make the final cut.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#1085 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4832 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 08:46 PM

Finn DID get a good bit more coverage than Rey, both in spread of figures (being in all major assortments) and saturation (having two marketable outfits, meaning another round of him in every pricepoint) .  And once you get to his year's assortments (such as they are), there are even MORE Finn figures (mostly in Stormtrooper outfits).  You also forgot that Finn was also packed with the "signature vehicle" release this year.  And Rey has yet to see a second Black 6" figure at all (the current version is more a running change, not a whole new release)

I would argue, however, it really wasn't a problem with "racism".  Mace Windu never had an issue selling, I'm more inclined to say that the biggest issue with Finn was that he was in almost every damn assortment...in the EXACT same outfit (short the desert speeder version).  Even Rey had some variety between the single figure, the vehicle figure, and the 3.75 SA figure.

And Hasbro's doing the same crap this past spring with Finn in Stormtrooper gear being in EVERY figure assortment.  The first shot we ever saw of TFA was him in Stormtrooper gear...and we didn't get those figures until AFTER the film's release.

#1086 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6338 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

You're right, I did forget about the Falcon pack-in Finn. However, Rey did get a second 6" figure, though there isn't a lot of difference to the figure itself -- the Kmart-exclusive Starkiller Base version.

I still think there's a strong case for unfortunate racially-tinged consumer selection, though, given how much of a pegwarmer his basic figure and 6" figure were both prior to and in the months following the movie's release. It was him, the Resistance Trooper, and Zuvio everywhere, in both size classes.

ASM

#1087 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19568 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:28 PM

There were definitely more Finns than Reys at the outset, and there remain more total releases.

Using Entertainment Earth and their convenient case assortment listings for the 3.75"/6"/12" figures alone (and guessing a bit on the Walmart Exclusive 4" BS figures which I happened to find straight from the case early one morning), I count 14 Finns to 10 Reys, and many of the Reys have come out later in the line.

I don't think Finn pegwarmed because he was black. I think it was because his "two" outfits were the same figure in what looked like black pjs, just one with a jacket, and he came out in slightly greater numbers. It was not the most exciting figure.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1088 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6338 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

I would very much like to agree, but I just don't think I can. The entry-level figures are really the ones that make the best measure for sale quantities, and there's very little doubting that Finn -- who was evenly-packed with Rey in those assortments -- pegwarmed in both scales, right along with the similarly dark-skinned trooper and Zuvio. The idea that *that* many kids and parents weren't buying the cheap basic figure of the guy who was being marketed as the movie's main hero, just because Finn was also available as a much more expensive deluxe or the speeder version, seems suspect. Especially when the heavier-packed Kylo Ren sold like hotcakes in both basic and deluxe assortments in the same outfit.

Edited by SwiftEagle, 26 June 2016 - 11:18 PM.

ASM

#1089 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7749 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:11 PM

When did the price on these drop? Found this at a Walmart in El Paso today.

Also, sorry about the sideways picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Darth_Prime, 30 June 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#1090 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4832 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Walmart dropped it a couple weeks back.  I would say it's a stock clearing move...but my store (at least) hasn't had much of anything since the line launched last year.  Did get an Ashoka case, though.

They did the same thing with Marvel Legends right before the summer reset...so I don't know what Walmart is really doing.

#1091 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7749 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

Sweet. Amazon has her for 21.99 right now, down from 40$ last week. I went ahead and ordered one. I've found all of her case mates but she eludes me.

I might actually pick up a snow trooper now and some other shelf warmers. Might finally got Poe.

Edited by Darth_Prime, 30 June 2016 - 10:13 PM.

#1092 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7749 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

Finally found her! Amazon had her for 21. Figure that was my best shot.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#1093 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9438 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

Man I'd seen Kanan and her at Target a couple months back and haven't seen her since.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#1094 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1279 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:38 PM

Saw both at my local Walmart yesterday.

Is there a release date for Revan yet?

#1095 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19568 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

I've only ever seen her at Walgreens, but I've seen her a number of times now (including TWO Ahsokas at one location).

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1096 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7749 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

I think she will start showing up more. I bought a Finn and gave him Bespin Lukes light saber. Now I want to get a Rey and give her the light saber.

#1097 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:56 PM

Seems like Hasbro is starting another poll for Black Series six inch.

Not sure if I have a burning desire for any one character at the moment.

Still a lot I want made, but they're all kind of on the same tier.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 06 July 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#1098 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

I will shout HK-47's name from every rooftop.

Failing that, it's lunacy that we still don't have a Lando figure. I feel like Captain Rex in his Return of the Jedi gear is also a correct answer.

#1099 lightsyder

lightsyder
  • Citizen
  • 1279 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:22 PM

Another poll? Do we even know when Revan will be released?

#1100 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17699 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

I wish this poll was about 3.75. I could not care less what they make at 6 inch cause I'm not buyin it.

-ZacWilliam, $20 is just too expensive for a single action figure, especially in a size class that makes cool vehicles unlikely and rare.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 06 July 2016 - 06:11 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users