Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2210 replies to this topic

#1061 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

tumblr_o6b5bcs9Sk1v5z2zso1_1280.jpg

I've wanted an Ahsoka in this scale for years and years... and the paint is really uneven. Such a let down.

I probably should have known better than to buy this figure online, but I figured I had no shot of finding one in person.

#1062 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

She still looks great. I've decided to collect the Rebels crew at 6". I may be asking for too much though to actually find them; I never saw the 4" realistic Ahsoka.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1063 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

Man, I hope Habsro is able to get into interchangeable faces or something at some point.

Sabine and, a potential, Chopper are probably the Rebels figures I'm most looking forward to because I don't have to worry about them having dead stares.

Edited by Silent_Magnus, 27 April 2016 - 04:53 PM.

#1064 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:39 PM

It definitely seems like Walgreens is the place to hunt for Kanan/Ahsoka/Farmboy Luke. While I found one pair of Kanan/Ahsoka at Target, I've also found all the rest at various Walgreens (it's both a blessing and a curse that they are on every other street corner!). 

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1065 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6344 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

Around here, there was some spate of shoplifting recently, and all of the 6" Star Wars figures are either locked in a case or behind the front counter. No sign of anything new, either.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#1066 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7800 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

I found Kanan, Luke and TFA Han at a Walmart.  Seems like Snowtroopers and Flametroopers are everywhere fighting Finn for room on the pegs. Still want to find Ahsoka and Jango. 

#1067 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4916 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

I'm hoping now that Walmart is doing their inventory, they'll realize how jacked up my store's numbers are and will start sending stuff like Black 6"

I don't expect Walgreens to get anything given how many Emperor Wrath Vaders seem to be sitting around.

#1068 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17821 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

Ugh. 3.75 I want keep coming in stock places online for regular retail $7.99 but the shipping is $6.99 and I can't make myself pay essentially double for them even though I really want them! :p

ZacWilliam, and it's only $14 I know but it's the principle of the thing knowing I'm paying double kills me. (Of course not ordering them over and over kills me too.)
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1069 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:49 AM

Well, the good news is the 5 POA stuff should sit around long enough for another HTS sale code. 

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1070 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17821 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

Actually the newest waves of 5PoA stuff have been nearly constantly sold out on HTS. When they do come in they're all gone in an hour or two tops.

-ZacWilliam, on the up side the MAY4TH free shipping code still worked this morning and I managed to snag the Finn in Stormtrooper gear figure while it was there finally for actual retail...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 06 May 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#1071 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17821 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Found Unkar Plutt reduced at Walmart (odd, he was the only FA figure on the shelves marked down, shrug) wich moved me to pull out the figures I have and line them all up.

Looking at them there are really only a handful of Figures Hasbro has yet to announce/solicit that I really "need" to feel the movie line is complete. I need:

General Leia
Old Luke
Exoskeleton leaving Maz's
Fat Bossk looking Guy
Gothy Jester Spy Girl
Bala Teek
Rey with Finn's Jacket
Doctor Lady
Carrie Fisher's daughter
Kanjiklubber
Female X-Wing pilot

And 2 "boxed beasts":
Luggabeast
Rathtar

-ZacWilliam, if Hasbro can turn out those I'd love it. A few more Jakku aliens and Maz's patrons wouldn't be terrible either but the above are the "needs"

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 09 May 2016 - 07:55 PM.

#1072 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17821 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:35 AM

Weird note, I've apparently decided I really like Constable Zuvio. He's been a shelf warmer since day one on Force Friday and I almost didn't buy him at all.

When he first came out the amount of tan on him and his alien face didn't apeal to me at all. I think I only bought him in the end because I wanted someone and the stores at the time were sold out of the rest.

But a combo of him not being in the actual film after editing leaving him a little "exotic" and a bit of a blank slate and the various guide books establishing him as a "good guy" lawman trying to work within a corrupt system and he's kinda really clicked for me recently. I find myself fiddling with the figure a lot and posing him fighting alongside Finn and Rey against a lot of the other Jakku baddies.

He's kinda become like all the Cantina aliens were in the original toyline for me as a little kid: an all purpose cool figure that can slit into a lot of imagined stories since his film role is so undefined.

-ZacWilliam, I don't know why I thought anyone would be very interested in this, it just amused me realizing that this toy I didn't like and almost didn't buy had somehow become a current favorite to fiddle with.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 24 May 2016 - 05:35 AM.

#1073 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

That's the best kind of toy!

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1074 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17821 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

Watching Force Awakens for the first time since the theater (Blu Ray was a Father's Day gift) and God I love this movie. It is a great, super fun Star Wars film. (Definitely top 3)

Watching it again I was really struck by the things we havn't gotten in it's toyline that I feel like we would have definetly gotten for the original trilogy and probably for the prequels too.

The most obvious to me was the Lugga Beast and the Rathtars. Mounts like the Dew Backs and TaunTauns were definite locks for toys in the past. As were big striking monsters like the Wampa and Rancor. We certainly would have had both of those already in any classic Star Wars line I think.

I think it's a bit surprising we havn't gotten Leia's "horizontal bar" ship or Kylo Ren's ship. They seem like they would certainly have existed in the Kenner line. I can easily imagine the First Order's Storm Trooper landing craft being done as a figure carrying case/vehicle in that era as well.

The one thing I'm not surprised we havn't gotten nowadays but I think we would have had then is some sort of playset. Those were absolute must exist things in the Kenner lines. I think we would have been guaranteed at least two or three out of Rey's downed At-At house, the crashed Star Destroyer, Nima Outpost, Maz's Castle or Starkiller Base. I can imagine the AtAt playset like Yoda's Degobah's house or Starkiller base with a bridge for Han/Kylo face off and an outside part with trees that collapse for the final Lightsaber duel.

-ZacWilliam, the playsets are very sadly and regrettably unlikely I think, but I feel like the creatures and vehicles both have a shot still and SHOULD be done by Hasbro. I'll be fairly disapointed if they're not eventually. I hope we see something as SDCC or Celebration this summer.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 20 June 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#1075 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if a Lugga Beast was planned, but I don't think SW beasts in general (even the Rancor) have done very well in the last few years.

I agree there is more stuff we would've seen back in the Kenner days, but sadly I think those days are behind us. I too hoped for a carrying case/fold-out base First Order Landing Craft.

Ultimately, it makes me a little sad that the market just must not be there any more.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1076 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4916 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if a Lugga Beast was planned, but I don't think SW beasts in general (even the Rancor) have done very well in the last few years.

I agree there is more stuff we would've seen back in the Kenner days, but sadly I think those days are behind us. I too hoped for a carrying case/fold-out base First Order Landing Craft.

Ultimately, it makes me a little sad that the market just must not be there any more.

I still tend to question just how much of that is "the market isn't there" and how much is "it's not there, so there's no market for it".  Given how brisk sales were last fall, I think Hasbro could have chucked out anything and retailers probably would have bought, even as an exclusive.  I still think Hasbro dropped the vehicle ball by only produced ONE assortment of each vehicle class.

-ZacWilliam, the playsets are very sadly and regrettably unlikely I think, but I feel like the creatures and vehicles both have a shot still and SHOULD be done by Hasbro. I'll be fairly disapointed if they're not eventually. I hope we see something as SDCC or Celebration this summer.

I'm doubtful.  Hasbro's in full "movie support" mode like Marvel.  Aside from a few token leftovers (like Luke or Leia), I fully expect this fall to be about Rogue One, with some lip service to Rebels (going into its THIRD season) and prior films (though, the era actually allows Hasbro more leeway than normal in pandering to the Original Trilogy).

#1077 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:51 PM

Oh I agree they vastly underestimated the market potential at film's release. Now they've missed the window. Here's hoping they'll be able to play catch up for Ep VIII.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1078 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2138 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Honestly, I came away from the film thinking it was far less toyetic than expected, which was probably good for the overall movie. I mean we really only got, like, three Stormtrooper variants, little in the way of alternate costumes for our mains, and very few vehicles (Two kinds of X-wing, two kinds of TIE, one of which just has an extra bit of paint, the Falcon, Kylo's shuttle, a couple troop carriers, Rey's speeder, the star destroyers.)

Given that it's Disney, I was expecting, like, multiple kinds of starfighter, all sorts of random vehicles and trooper variants, mad costume changes, stuff like that. Their restraint was surprising.

#1079 Fishbug

Fishbug

Coming out of my can and I've been doing just fine

• Citizen
  • 11946 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:13 PM

But we still haven't gotten merchandise of half of that.
25aputg.jpg
#WHERESINJECTOR

#1080 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19657 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

Honestly, I came away from the film thinking it was far less toyetic than expected, which was probably good for the overall movie. I mean we really only got, like, three Stormtrooper variants, little in the way of alternate costumes for our mains, and very few vehicles (Two kinds of X-wing, two kinds of TIE, one of which just has an extra bit of paint, the Falcon, Kylo's shuttle, a couple troop carriers, Rey's speeder, the star destroyers.)

Given that it's Disney, I was expecting, like, multiple kinds of starfighter, all sorts of random vehicles and trooper variants, mad costume changes, stuff like that. Their restraint was surprising.

But we still haven't gotten merchandise of half of that.

Exactly. It was pretty spare to begin with and then we didn't even manage to get what they did have.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users