Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2206 replies to this topic

#1021 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8196 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:10 AM

I'll be heading to Disney this weekend. If anyone's interested in Droid Factory or other park specific stuff send me a PM. Let's see what I can do to help.

#1022 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

So as the first issue always comes at a discounted price, I picked up the first issue of the Helmet Collection.

Pretty sure I'm not going to subscribe to this. We know the Falcon is based on Master Replica's and looking at the preview images I'm sure I've seen these released years ago as a different, non magazine based collection.

The first issue comes with Vader's helmet and....eh. I appreciate it's the go to when you think 'Star Wars helmet' but it's just a small replica of it a square transparent case. Some of the later ones like Luke's pilot helmet will have moving visors and such so this is pretty dull, especially since there's no shortage of representations of Vader's mask.

The magazine is likewise pretty dull. A few pages on who Vader was and the made up functions of his suit, some stuff about Imperial ranks and leading with the first part of some A-Z encyclopedia of the current canon....wow. The Falcon magazine does similar but at least breaks it up with rare photos and knowledge about the production side of the films. This is just a bunch of stuff you'll only care about if you're an uber fan and especially redundant as the publisher is currenly yet again publishing Star Wars Fact File, a magazine dedicated to such. They could really learn from what Eaglemoss do with the Doctor Who Figurine Collection. The magazines often have typos/editing errors but are full of rare info about the character/story the issue you hold is covering and even have a column that attempts to address plot holes with credible answers. This is just giving folks nothing.

I think this is why the subscription stuff is so much cooler than the Falcon, hoping to bribe you with freebies. As is, I'll be skipping this one. Maybe I'll pick up the odd issue for designs I really like but I have no spare room and this title isn't offering something worth taking another subscription out for.

#1023 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8123 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

Now that the movie has made as much as the GNP of a small country, has Hasbro said anything to suggest they might eventually return to fully-articulated 3.75" figures?

Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but if it has, I haven't been around for it. I'd "completed" my 3.75" collection a while ago, having a decent-or-better version of every character I cared about, so I missed the whole 5 POA onset. Then that collection was stolen this past summer, and I'm just now getting around to rebuilding (some of) it. And with the aftermarket prices on some of those Legacy/Vintage Collection figures, it'd sure be nice to hear there's still a chance for some of them to be re-released at mass retail down the line.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#1024 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19571 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

Right now Walmart is the exclusive retailer for 3.75 Black Series which is the only >5 POA stuff out there; i's slow going. Hasbro would be happy to make more if retailers will carry them. I wouldn't be surprised to see that change be announced at Toy Fair.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1025 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4833 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Now that the movie has made as much as the GNP of a small country, has Hasbro said anything to suggest they might eventually return to fully-articulated 3.75" figures?

Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but if it has, I haven't been around for it. I'd "completed" my 3.75" collection a while ago, having a decent-or-better version of every character I cared about, so I missed the whole 5 POA onset. Then that collection was stolen this past summer, and I'm just now getting around to rebuilding (some of) it. And with the aftermarket prices on some of those Legacy/Vintage Collection figures, it'd sure be nice to hear there's still a chance for some of them to be re-released at mass retail down the line.

Hasbro hasn't said anything, and I firmly don't expect 3.75 Black level figures to be a significant "thing" going forward.  If lucky, Black 3.75 might go multi-retailer again...but the selections have been pretty mediocre since the line started so I don't expect it to do any better than when it started.  Truthfully, I would recommend bitting the bullet on the Legacy/Vintage (though, I think Vintage is largely overpriced, try Legacy or Evolutions or something not playing the nostalgia card), as I don't think a LOT of the stuff released will be seen again (especially anything from the old EU)

I'm just hoping that with Black being a secondary concern, Hasbro might look at reintroducing Evolution sets again.  They certainly have enough from the last decade to do a good half dozen sets (most featuring Episode 7 content) before even addressing creating any all new figure tools (assuming stuff like the Snowtrooper or TIE pilot aren't already in development for Black).

I'm actually hoping that, after seeing the changes made for the Spider-Man figure line, we might see Hasbro kick the price of figures back up to $10 and add some more articulation to the line.  It won't be 12-14 plus POA, but I think 7-9 are sufficient for some solid toys.

#1026 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9077 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

I'm kinda a newbie when it comes to lightsabers so I need info on having duel ready / battle ready Kylo Ren sabers.  Since it's kinda new, have they made some for him already?

Also, how durable is the Ultimate FX Kylo Ren saber?  It's the Force FX line that's the more expensive and more delicate?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1027 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67146 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

Anyone here collecting the 1/6 scale Hot Toys for Force Awakens?  I have the First Order Stormtrooper now and Kylo and Rey on preorder.  I'm also going to preorder Finn but haven't decided if I want him or both him and the Riot Stormtrooper.  The FO Stormtrooper I have is really awesome.

http://www.sideshowt...e-force-awakens

I don't think anyone else cares about these, but Hot Toys did update the accessories for Rey to include the ability for her to wear her speeder helmet with the goggles up and the face wrap down as well as a certain accessory that is considered a spoiler to the movie's climactic battle.

http://comicbook.com...-to-rey-figure/

All at no extra cost (I'm sure the loss of the extra head helps offset this a bit).  Really nice job from Hot Toys here.

ACItEK8.png

#1028 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67146 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

I'm kinda a newbie when it comes to lightsabers so I need info on having duel ready / battle ready Kylo Ren sabers.  Since it's kinda new, have they made some for him already?

Also, how durable is the Ultimate FX Kylo Ren saber?  It's the Force FX line that's the more expensive and more delicate?

If they're like the old ones from 2005 or so, there is a little bit of durability, but if you play too hard with them you'll bust the LED's inside the saber.  Very light play might be okay (even that may eventually lead to a dead LED), but any hard play is certainly going to kill some (might be the first time might be after 10 or more times).

Randy

ACItEK8.png

#1029 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9077 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

Well, I wanted a saber with cross guard to practice dueling with since I'm playing to wear a Kylo Ren costume (cuz my name is Ben. I also have a Ben Kenobi suit, haha).

On impulse, i went and got an Ultimate FX Kylo Ren saber. The hilt is plasticy and doesn't have the heft of the Force FX Obiwan saber I already own. The length of the blade is short and you can see the segments where the light powers up.

I'm pretty disappointed with it. I probably should have waited until the dual ready third party makers (?) Ultrasaber, Saber Forge or Sabermach perfected their prototype copy of Kylo's cross guard thing.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#1030 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7750 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Please let this happen. Has a Napoleon Dynamite feel.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#1031 spikeriley

spikeriley

Time To Go Turbo!

• Citizen
  • 3664 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

If Matt The Radar Guy ever becomes an official figure, Darth_Prime, chances are it will be as a ComiCom exclusive.

#1032 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19571 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:01 PM

Yeah at this point I fully expect an SDCC version.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1033 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29095 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Publisher sent subscribers a survey basically asking would you collect a similar title for either version of the X-Wing. The questions hint they want to ride the love for TFA and do the new one but want to know if people don't see it as iconic as the original.

That was actually my stance. At the end they let you drop general feedback. I said a title with 1:1 lightsaber replicas or a buildable droid would be fun.

#1034 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4833 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

So, USA Today revealed that Rebels Princess Leia is going to be coming "this fall" as a single figure (MSRP...still $7.99).  Which I'm obviously taking with a grain of salt as I'm still waiting for the Old Man Rex figure that was supposed to be out LAST fall.

Possibly the most interesting news about the toyline is that Episode 8 has been bumped to Christmas 2017.  Can't help but wonder if part of the reason was so that Rogue One wouldn't get overshadowed by the upcoming film, and to allow the merchandise some room to breath.  Again, hoping that Hasbro takes this opportunity to get more Rebels out there with the show and upcoming film playing in the same time frame.

#1035 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17699 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Rex comes out in Wave 3 of the current singles. The next wave. Due out any time now. The wave after that has the Fifth Brother. And now Leia in the Fall. So we know that they're not just forgetting Rebels at least.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1036 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17699 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

Pics of the Fifth Brother wave from EBay.
http://jediinsider.c...medium=facebook

Also Acbar with articulated mouth.

-ZacWilliam, for "Its a trap!" saying action.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 21 January 2016 - 04:44 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#1037 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19571 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

Possibly the most interesting news about the toyline is that Episode 8 has been bumped to Christmas 2017.  Can't help but wonder if part of the reason was so that Rogue One wouldn't get overshadowed by the upcoming film, and to allow the merchandise some room to breath.  Again, hoping that Hasbro takes this opportunity to get more Rebels out there with the show and upcoming film playing in the same time frame.

The articles have stated the move came because they are rewriting parts of the script to focus more on our current crop of heroes and to lessen the roles of two new characters.

That being said, it's certain to help keeping it around the holidays since that's not typically blockbuster season.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1038 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4833 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 06:39 PM

The articles have stated the move came because they are rewriting parts of the script to focus more on our current crop of heroes and to lessen the roles of two new characters.

That being said, it's certain to help keeping it around the holidays since that's not typically blockbuster season.

I suspect part of that is because even Disney didn't anticipate TFA being as successful as it has been, and they might be looking to follow some of the steps of Lord of the Rings, which had great success in the Christmas slot.

#1039 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19571 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

One of my nearby Walmarts is closing so I thought I'd see what's left. It was mostly ransacked but I found one of the Rebels Micro Machine packs for 50% off. I'd been tempted by it for one particular item, but didn't want to pay full price. I'm happy to report for those interested, the MM Phantom is almost to scale with the Hot Wheels Ghost (close enough anyway).

NM2YjO0.jpg

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1040 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4833 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

Think this is why things have been so bad at retail the last few years?

http://www.jeditempl...ticle&sid=17201

Any of you want to be a Retail Flow Manager? :p

Wonder if the last guy go axed due to the incessant issues we've been reporting since 2013 or so (especially with Star Wars)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users