Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
- - - - -

The Star Wars Toy Thread

2222 replies to this topic

#901 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6348 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

Saw a ton of new guys at the Manchester TRU today. Sarco Plank, X-Wing Atsy, Snow Trooper, and for the first time ever for me multiple Capt. Phasma.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#902 (Deactivated) BillBarclay

(Deactivated) BillBarclay
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

#903 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

Still Waiting for Oz to get Asty. Sigh.

#904 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4962 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

Of note for those interested:

Walgreens are starting their Christmas sets, one of which is a STa Wars end cap (like the one they did for Lego last year).  Among the usual oddball items, are More Black figures, Micro Machines, Hot Wheels, Titan Figures, 3.75 Class I and II vehicles, basic Hero Mashers, and the core peg in the aisle had a BUNCH more basic figures, including more wave 1 (saw Kylo Ren and Phasma, among more Space figures).

According to the mod sheet, this is supposed to be up through December.

#905 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29221 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:23 AM

Silly story- I keep the Imperial credits from the old Monopoly game in my wallet. The 501st had a stand at comic con where they were collecting for charities like Make A Wish.

I take some money out along with one of the coins and ask the woman manning the stand (who was telling people about what they do with much enthusiasm) "I'm sorry to ask but do you have change for a credit?"

She was confused for a second before realising what I was holding. We shared a laugh and I handed over the real donation.

Again, silly, but a rare opportunity. Gotta love the 501st.

#906 Eneon

Eneon
  • Citizen
  • 6166 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

I don't think any stores in my area have restocked Black Series stuff since Force Friday.

There's a bunch of Chewbaccas out there and one Finn.

#907 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6348 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Amazon has (or at least had) all of 6" wave 2 except for Phasma as of a couple of hours ago. And I managed to get the Poe/Riot Control Trooper 2-pack at Target yesterday, hurrah.

Oddly, the new Falcon hasn't shown up anywhere around here.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#908 Strafe

Strafe

Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Validating
  • 11525 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:37 AM

So, has anyone more brave than I am attempted to plop the Brienne of Tarth figure's head onto Captain Phasma's body?

I'd really like to know if it works, but I'm concerned about ruining two toys that I like very much.

#909 TSM-in-N.Y.

TSM-in-N.Y.

Enough Blood For You?

• Citizen
  • 4956 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

I got a good laff yesterday when I went into the TRU in Times Square.

They didn't have a single basic carded 3 3/4" TFA figure. Not even a peg-warmer could be found in the entire section.

The spot usually reserved for those figures was instead used for wave 1 and all of wave 2, sans Capt. Phasma (of course) of TBS 6" figures and then the bottom row of pegs was filled with the cheapest of the role-play lightsabers.

I'm gonna assume that it was scalpers who copped all the Phasmas because there couldn't possibly be any other collectors or even new fans to the franchise who might want this particular figure.

Your friend, TSM-in-N.Y.

"I'm a doctor not a moon shuttle conductor!"

KEEP THE BEATS PHRESH YO! TSM-in-N.Y.

"To paraphrase the great M. Biehn in The Terminator, I don't misspell words, you do. Don't do that again. Listen and understand, I am out here. I can't be bargained with, I can't be reasoned with. I don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear and I absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!" - TSM-in-N.Y.

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education, like such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as. And I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children." Lauren Caitlin Upton - Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007, answering a question on why 20 percent of Americans surveyed are unable to locate the U.S. on a world map.

#910 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7817 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

Saw wave 2 of TBS 6" today as well, finally was able pick up the FO Stormtrooper.  Had Poe in hand but put him back.  Saw the Falcon at the BX yesterday.  Hope that new cannon isnt some sort of Transformers like thing thats gonna happen in the show.  

#911 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19729 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

Saw the Falcon at the BX yesterday.  Hope that new cannon isnt some sort of Transformers like thing thats gonna happen in the show.  

What? You don't believe a quarter of the top of the Falcon will pop up into a massive cannon? :D :D

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#912 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7817 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

If Lucas was still directing this, yes.  

#913 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4962 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

Welp, guess I can officially write off my Walmart for doing ANY hunting.  Did a check (after learning the Battlefront demo had been put away earlier today before I could get there, jerks), and from what I gather...this store's "on hand" counts for much of its toys are HORRIFICALL off to the point I don't foresee them being corrected until next spring when they do a real inventory to figure out the store just doesn't have this stuff at all (meaning the biggest retailer in the area won't have any of the hottest brands this Christmas).

But more uplifting news...SALES!  And good ones!

Walgreens is currently running a BOGO half off all Star Wars toys this week.  Mine has a LOT of basic figures, Titanium ships, Class I and II vehicles and Black 6" figures. Among the stuff sitting there include "hard to find" basic figures like Kylo Ren and Phasma.  6" moved well, but I'm hoping for a restock now that they're down to 3. Prices are a bit higher than Walmart, but the sale should bring things down to "near Walmart" level, certainly better than most aftermarket or specialty shop prices.

But the REAL good deal this week is Dollar General, offering BOGO Free ALL Star Wars toys.  I've got two near me, and one has been sitting a full set of wave 1 (all 12) for over a month, while another has the DG Exclusive Titan Millennium Falcon (the little one for $15) and a smattering of figures.  I'm hoping on a restock, maybe see some wave 2 cycle in.  

And both locations have Micro Machine Blind bags.  Suffice to say, Dollar General, Family Dollar and Walgreens are getting more of my STar Wars money than Walmart is.

Oh yeah, Family Dollar has some Star Wars stuff as well, including Titans, Micro Machines (Blind bags and 3 packs) and basic figures (not as diverse a selection compared to DG).

So if you're not finding stuff at Walmart or Target, those are some other options (for me, very GOOD options within reasonable driving distance, the Walmart and Target 50 miles away are much better stocked, but are 50 miles away)

#914 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7817 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:59 AM

There is always online stores which require zero driving to....just saying.

#915 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17961 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:32 AM

Since I'm only missing Hux at this point what I'm waiting for now is when we learn what Wave 3 of 3 3/4 is going to have. I'm surprised they havn't leaked yet.

-ZacWilliam, I'm thinking they may not be announced officially till the movie opens...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#916 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4962 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

I'm betting wave 3 will start popping up by the end of the month, given online retailer delivery dates.

And on December 18, we'll get a big Hasbro press release detailing all the "new" figures that should be out at retail :p

#917 Cat

Cat
  • Retired Staff
  • 11612 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:13 AM

My Amazon exclusive Black 6 inch Trooper pack arrived. The packaging is beautiful. It's as elaborate as SDCC packaging. I don't want to open them.

Figures all look great, but note that the regular ep4 Stormtrooper has battle damage, which may be a bummer to some. The ep3 Clone looks perfect, and it's nice having a FO Stormtrooper Commander.

#918 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29221 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:37 AM

My Amazon exclusive Black 6 inch Trooper pack arrived.

Finn's really popular with the ladies.

#919 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4962 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

So, hey, wave 2 of Black 3.75 is starting to hit the US.  Distribution is going to be wacky and inconsistent, as usual with Walmart

#920 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

My Amazon exclusive Black 6 inch Trooper pack arrived.

Finn's really popular with the ladies.

I thought the force would've been stronger with him.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users